Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th October 2013, 18:49   #916
BHPian

I started from shamshabad at 11.10 pm and reached hebbal at 7 am. Many petrol pumps were open. Smooth journey overall
srimath is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2013, 15:47   #917
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by gurha View Post
I hit the road block around 7PM, waited three for an hour, and when I didn't saw any progress I returned back.

I started from Chitradurg around 6AM, and reached Nagpur around 2AM, the route I took was Chitradurg - Hospet - Bijapur - Solapur - Nanded - Nirmal - Adilabad - Nagpur
How were the roads in this stretch? "Chitradurg - Hospet - Bijapur - Solapur - Nanded - Nirmal "

So Chitradurga to Nagpur took 20 hours - isn't that a lot of time? Is it because of traffic/ congestion through towns or bad roads?

Btw, folks who might know: if I do end uo taking NH76, then is it ok if I hit the KA-AP border (coming from Bangalore) around 10 pm, or should I only plan to hit that border later around midnight?

Last edited by nilanjanray : 10th October 2013 at 16:01.
Old 10th October 2013, 16:07   #918
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post

How were the roads in this stretch? "Chitradurg - Hospet - Bijapur - Solapur - Nanded - Nirmal "

So Chitradurga to Nagpur took 20 hours - isn't that a lot of time? Is it because of traffic/ congestion through towns or bad roads?
Nilanjanray,

Chitradurga to Hospet was a decent highway, though within the towns, but was able to maintain a decent speed of 80-90 kmph, probably also because I started around 6 in the morning.

After Hospet roads were awesome, complete four lane roads with divider till Bijapur

Bijapur - Solapur, roads were not that great, two lane rods with lot of towns in between, so couldn't maintain more than 70-80 for more than 5-10 min.

Solapur - Latur - Nanded, rods remained same and started raining as well so couldn't maintain decent speeds, and had to go through lot of towns in between.

Nanded by pass was one of the worst roads I've traveled ever till now, I guess the entire stretch was of some 7-8 Kms, and it took me around an hour to cross that, I even scratched the belly once of my duster on this stretch.

Nanded-Nirmal roads were good enough and was able to maintain an avg speed of 80 kmph with small bad sections.

Hope this helps.
gurha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2013, 16:49   #919
Senior - BHPian

Leaving Bangalore in a couple of hours. Any last minute update folks?
Old 11th October 2013, 17:31   #920
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Leaving Bangalore in a couple of hours. Any last minute update folks?
No major issues are being reported between B'lore - Hyderabad except for some areas around Ananthpur which is during day time only. Why do you propose to drive on a longer route via Chitradurga to Nagpur ? Have a safe Journey

Last edited by Redeemer8 : 11th October 2013 at 17:44. Reason: correction in the post
Old 12th October 2013, 11:08   #921
Senior - BHPian

Nh7 normal during the night. Pumps open. Writing from Nagpur.
Old 13th October 2013, 10:38   #922

That's correct. Drove y'day night from Hyderabad to Bangalore via Kurnool, Ananthpur and there was no issue on the way. Started at 7:30pm from Hyd and reached Blr airport by 3 AM. Took more time as it was my first night drive and I didn't go beyond 80 kmph throughout the journey.
Old 13th October 2013, 11:53   #923
BHPian

On 6th at 12PM I started from Hyd, reached Blore at 8PM without any issues. On 10th started from Blore at 2PM and reached Hyd at 7PM without any problems.
Old 13th October 2013, 13:13   #924
BHPian

Conditions have returned to normal between Hyderabad-B'lore from past couple of days. No issues are being reported now on road blockages anywhere en-route.
Redeemer8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 13:32   #925

Did Bangalore Hyderabad in my ecosport yesterday (12th October). It was my first ever long drive( 300+ km in a single day). Thankfully it was completely uneventful, except for a speeding ticket close to BIAL for crossing 80 kmph (again, my first ever ticket ).

Here is the break down of the trip:

Started at 10:15 AM from HSR layout
HSR Layout to BIAL - 50 km - 1 hour 30 minutes - 1 break of 15 minutes
BIAL to Shamshabad - 520 km - 7 hours - 2 breaks of 20 minutes each
Shamshabad to DD colony - 35 km - 1 hour -0 breaks
Reached DD colony at 8 PM

Man, there are so many toll booths between Bangalore and Hyderabad. I think I paid close to Rs. 500 in toll.

I plan to start back tomorrow at 9 AM.
ZENith is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2013, 23:07   #926
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
Did Bangalore Hyderabad in my ecosport yesterday (12th October). It was my first ever long drive( 300+ km in a single day). Thankfully it was completely uneventful, except for a speeding ticket close to BIAL for crossing 80 kmph (again, my first ever ticket ).
The cops have positioned themselves cleverly & one can find them regularly while approaching BIAL from Hyd. I once found them practically on the Highway just after Devanahalli way ahead from their routine spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZENith View Post
Man, there are so many toll booths between Bangalore and Hyderabad. I think I paid close to Rs. 500 in toll.
that the toll is quite high but I don't mind paying them as long as the roads are well maintained. We would ideally end up spending more towards maintenance & fuel cost besides increased transit time otherwise.
Old 14th October 2013, 08:23   #927
BHPian

I am planning to start from Bangalore headed to Hyderabad on 14th Oct (tomorrow) at around 4.30am.

Is is safe these days to go via Ananthapur - kurnool, esp early in the mornings?

I drive an Indica Vista and drive max speed of 100 to 125 only. At this rate I assume I can have lunch in Hyderabad if all goes well on this route.

The alternative is of course the longer Chitradurga - Hospet - Raichur route which I am not too keen on given the pot holes and craters at various stretches on Chitradurga-Hospet and Raichur - Jadcherla routes.
Old 14th October 2013, 08:49   #928
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CtrlAltDel View Post
I am planning to start from Bangalore headed to Hyderabad on 14th Oct (tomorrow) at around 4.30am.

Is is safe these days to go via Ananthapur - kurnool, esp early in the mornings?

I drive an Indica Vista and drive max speed of 100 to 125 only. At this rate I assume I can have lunch in Hyderabad if all goes well on this route.
No issues are being reported between B'lore - Hyderabad. You can plan & comfortably travel this distance in 7-8 hrs.
Old 14th October 2013, 10:28   #929
Senior - BHPian

Travelled yesterday from Hyderabad to Srirangam via Banglore during the night. Hassel free. Return starting back today afternoon from Srirangam to Hyderabad will update if there are any problems.
Old 14th October 2013, 21:50   #930
BHPian

Started in hyderabad at 12 noon today and reached bangalore by 7 pm today. Via NH7

No dharna's or anything. Just the road and us.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks