Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st April 2014, 17:17   #1006
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Actually, you will encounter cops only after you cross Devenahalli since the speed limit on the airport flyover is 80kmph, so its prudent to maintain around 70kmph thereafter. On the highway, no issues as such.

Malaysian township to Gachibowli ORR entrance would hardly take 15-20 mins durinng early morning. So the above mentioned times hold good. Ofcourse, I cannot predict Banaglore traffic. So it is safe to assume another 1 hr to cover Hebbal to MG road.
Old 3rd April 2014, 15:21   #1007
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by racer_ash View Post
Actually, you will encounter cops only after you cross Devenahalli since the speed limit on the airport flyover is 80kmph, so its prudent to maintain around 70kmph thereafter. On the highway, no issues as such.
No that is not correct, i got caught some distance before Devanahalli airport once, also seen the interceptor couple of times at that spot. So once you are near to nandhi hills cross you have to be careful, since city limit starts much before airport and speed limit is 80 kmph.
Old 4th April 2014, 18:30   #1008
BHPian

i am planning the same 4am start to beat the heat ,april end,let me know how the drive went
Old 6th April 2014, 11:47   #1009
BHPian

I am planning to drive down once again to Blore on 11th April. Was there any disturbance enroute, cops checking vehicles for cash due to looming election?
Old 6th April 2014, 14:25   #1010
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
i got caught some distance before Devanahalli airport once, also seen the interceptor couple of times at that spot. So once you are near to nandhi hills cross you have to be careful, since city limit starts much before airport and speed limit is 80 kmph.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IUNKWN View Post
Was there any disturbance enroute, cops checking vehicles for cash due to looming election?
Slow down around 5/10km before Davanahalli. Interceptors are in position even before Davanahalli.

Be mentally prepared for around 5/6 checks in the 520km distance between the 2 airports including for totally emptying out of all stuff from the suitcases and having to repack after checking.

Do not carry 50k or more in cash. Lots of people say that limit is 50k/head but I feel it is safer that total cash put together not exceed that amount.

Do not carry any alcohol in the vehicle unless it is only a couple of bottles and that too with a bill. Checking is allowed for liquor and cash both.
Old 6th April 2014, 17:47   #1011
BHPian

On my way to Tvm from Hyderabad. Reached Hosur now. We were stopped at least at 4 places in Karnataka while bypassing Bangalore. All places they let us without detailed checking probably seeing my kids and wife.
Old 6th April 2014, 20:16   #1012
BHPian

Thank you hyd_traveller and rknair.
Old 8th April 2014, 21:29   #1013
Team-BHP Support

Any violence now in this route (As were reported during the days of Telangana debate)? I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad this Friday night. Anything I should be worried about other than regular election vehicle checks?
Old 8th April 2014, 21:33   #1014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Any violence now in this route (As were reported during the days of Telangana debate)? I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad this Friday night. Anything I should be worried about other than regular election vehicle checks?

there is a thread regarding a Bangalore RTO drive to extort money from out of Karnataka cars http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2014-a-21.html

be careful about this one.
vina is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2014, 21:48   #1015
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vina View Post
there is a thread regarding a Bangalore RTO drive to extort money from out of Karnataka cars http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...2014-a-21.html be careful about this one.
My car is TN registered but KA life tax is also paid now. No worry about KA RTO anymore. I will keep all toll receipts for entering and exiting Hyderabad though for 3 days. Any such issues in Hyderabad?

KL couple in TN car coming from KA going to AP.
Old 9th April 2014, 03:41   #1016
BHPian

Quote:

There is no problem of what so ever with regard to Telangana debate. Everything seems to have settled. Apart from regular vehicle checks, there is no other issue you need to worry about.

Drive Safe.
JoseVijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2014, 12:45   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My car is TN registered but KA life tax is also paid now. No worry about KA RTO anymore. I will keep all toll receipts for entering and exiting Hyderabad though for 3 days. Any such issues in Hyderabad?

None in Hyderabad, they don't even care for your pollution certificate usually. And unlike Bangalore nobody will tell you that "you are an outsider"
Old 9th April 2014, 12:55   #1018
Team-BHP Support

Quote:

Once you pay the tax, you should get a new KA number right? Isn't that the norm?
Old 9th April 2014, 13:16   #1019
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Once you pay the tax, you should get a new KA number right? Isn't that the norm?
In KA they accept LTT payment without NOC. (Although I had to run around the office for this process)

Hence now, I need to go back to TN, procure NOC, come back to KA and apply for change of re-registration, new number will be issues after confirmation from TN RTO (Or after 3 months if there is no response from TN RTO). Either ways, it's legal stay for me in KA now, I guess.

For those people planning to move to KA with NOC, LTT needs to be payed when applying for re-registration.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2014, 08:59   #1020
BHPian

In Bangalore now, drove yesterday. As always, the road is smooth and it took me about 6.5 hours. I was stopped twice for checks. While leaving Hyderabad, they just let me go after seeing a kid as a passenger. While entering Bangalore, I had to open my luggage :-(
IUNKWN is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks