Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2013, 17:24   #871
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by pusako View Post
Guys- Need a quick piece of Advice. I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Saturday..
Just wanted to check to see if the there are any disruptions in traffic due to recent political desicions? I plan to start early in the morning...
The best bet is to leave in the night and reach early morning.A T-bhpain was stopped in Ananthapur for more than 3 hours on Wednesday afternoon because of Road Block.

BTW:I am scheduled to leave this evening to Hyd by train.

Waseem.

Last edited by SILVERWOOD : 2nd August 2013 at 17:25.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:33   #872
BHPian

Any update on the traffic on the Bangalore Hyderabad highway ? I am planning to drive to Hyd tomorrow and get back to Bangalore on Sunday. Would prefer to drive during the day unless it is really dangerous to take the highway. If anyone has any data please post it at the earliest.
Old 8th August 2013, 11:42   #873
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
Any update on the traffic on the Bangalore Hyderabad highway ? I am planning to drive to Hyd tomorrow and get back to Bangalore on Sunday. Would prefer to drive during the day unless it is really dangerous to take the highway. If anyone has any data please post it at the earliest.
No problems whatsoever has been reported of or heard of.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 11:57   #874
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
An advice from a friend who drove from bangalore to hyderabad on Wednesday is to start early from bangalore so you cross kurnool by 10am.
Old 8th August 2013, 13:41   #875
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post

No problems whatsoever has been reported of or heard of.
Weren't there lots of anecdotes to the contrary on the HVK Facebook group in the very recent past? Perhaps the severity of these in incidents has subsided now.

Regards,
spadix
Old 8th August 2013, 13:49   #876
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post
Weren't there lots of anecdotes to the contrary on the HVK Facebook group in the very recent past? Perhaps the severity of these in incidents has subsided now.
That sector is never known for any problems. No problems whatsoever. Even if there is some small issue they stop traffic for a few mins as a sign of protest

All this getting scared and seeking so much feedback is simply overreacting
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 16:17   #877
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by spadix View Post

Regards,
spadix
It was bad for two days following the announcement.My friend got stuck at Anantpur for 4 hours and another person somewhere around Gooty-Kurnool.But now a days there is nothing.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2013, 18:52   #878
Distinguished - BHPian

I am going to mantralaya tomorrow and will be taking this route till Gooty. Mostly will be leaving bangalore @ 7.30AM. Is it OK to take this route?

Also any idea if there will be protests/problems for out of state vehicles in the interior like Adoni, pattikonda, gooty etc?Any inputs will be highly helpful since i can change to a longer and safer karnataka route. Don't want any untoward incidents since i will be with my family
Old 16th August 2013, 00:08   #879
BHPian

Hi Guys just did a quick trip to hyderabad...
Left 14th 2pm from Bangalore reaching hyderabad by 9pm. Driving from mehbobnagar onwards is restrictive. Traffic was very less except for dogs /cows with sundial tendencies that were stand in the middle of the road the ride was simply a dream.

Returned 15 th 3pm from hyderabad reached Bangalore by 920 pm. First lap of 400km was enjoyable after that was just getting tired due to the wet road condition and restricted speeds.

Just watch out for shepherds crossing the NH. If not for 20/20 vision I would have gone though a heard that was made to cross all of a sudden.

Note for bikers - the road is wave in some parts and it will rock your bike to give an effect like your horse riding this is after anantapur. The road will also turn colour and look reddish. If you have time catch a few pics as this locality is very beautiful. Also you will find windmill chain check it out when you stop. Will upload pics as soon as I can.

Ride - my blue busa distance covere 1276 km door to door. Fuel stops, 3 while going and 2 while returning. Total expense 3870.

Special thanks on 14th - a tbpian with silver ka ethos who let me ride behind them After 7 pm as my high beam had fused

special thanks on 15 to a ka red ford fiesta that let me pace behind him on the way back I would have deifnetly not made this timing if not for these 2 good sam's from the forum...... Way to go for the bumper sticker that they allow us to recognise each other....

Last edited by Harish.Krovvidi : 16th August 2013 at 00:19. Reason: Spelling correction
Harish.Krovvidi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th August 2013, 15:22   #880
BHPian

Got to Bangalore from Hyderabad today. Started at 6am and reached at 2pm. No traces of anti-telangana agitation.

The earlier post gives very good details on what to look out for. I also observed the change in color of the road. The road turns slightly pinkish and also the hills in the far distance. Looked beautiful.
saisrujan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2013, 15:55   #881
BHPian

Did a Blr-Hyd-Blr trip from 23-26 Aug.

Blr-Hyd :

Left KR Puram at 4:45am, reached Gachibowli Jn at 1-00pm. Sedate driving within 120km. Awesome roads, had to really control ourselves. No protests anywhere. Very scenic route. Refueling at Gooty COCO BP (immediately before Gooty Toll Plaza on RHS). We did not take much break, but the drive was not at all tiring, very pleasant drive all through.

Hyd-Blr :
Started on 26th at 10-30am from Miyapur, reached BLR airport at 7-30, had lot of breaks. There were some protests and lots of folks at Kurnool - looked as if there were stoppage some time back. There were at least 50 trucks' line on the other lane.
Refueling again at Gooty COCO BP, had lunch at Ghar Dhaba after Kurnool (on RHS).
There was a horrific accident near Penukonda. Two persons on a white Access died in what seemed liked a head-on collision with a Duster. The Dustor was caught at Bagepalli toll plaza. We have seen the same Duster passing us, and it was AP Temp Reg car. The front LHS of the Duster was severely damaged. Very depressing scene.

Overall a very nice drive and trip. The best drive was on Hyd ORR from Gachibowli to Ramoji Film City - AWESOME.

Some points of note :
1. Toll is very high 580 Rs, almost INR 1/km.
2. Road is very well maintained barring some kms before Hyd. No big humps. Beware of sudden dips on road near the culverts. Very uncomfortable for rear seat @120kmph.
3. There are 3/4 Ghar Dhabas en-route - one after chikballapur, one before gooty, one before Kurnool. Apart from these no decent place to eat. As these are COCO, I prefer to refuel there.
4. Hyderabad Traffic is a mess - there is a proof mark on rear bumper. Real mad traffic, no discipline at all. Coming back to BLR, traffic seemed much better.
5. Shell petrol price in HYD is 3 Rs more than BLR, very surprising.

Trip Summary
- Car i10, 4 Adults + 2 kids (2.5 yrs), fully loaded with luggage
- Total distance : 1480 kms
- Total Petrol : 92 ltrs, FE : 16.1 (had all kinds of drives, crawl @ 1st gear, cruise @ 100, sprint @140).

Last edited by cuboid : 30th August 2013 at 15:56.
Old 5th September 2013, 12:56   #882
Senior - BHPian

Alternate Routes to bypass Kurnool-Penukonda and return on NH7

Could anybody post the alternate driveable stretches to bypass Kurnool and Anantpur areas on NH7 as there are still unannounced and unreported rasta rokos happening on a daily basis on this stretch.Many people I know have been getting caught on this road for hours since the last week.

Any inputs would be invaluable for other people driving this stretch.A friend recently took this diversion(Hyd-BLR) when there was a rasta roko at Penukonda on 22nd Aug.

http://goo.gl/maps/XmlnN
Old 5th September 2013, 16:50   #883
BHPian

Re: Alternate Routes to bypass Kurnool-Penukonda and return on NH7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Could anybody post the alternate driveable stretches to bypass Kurnool and Anantpur areas on NH7 as there are still unannounced and unreported rasta rokos happening on a daily basis on this stretch.Many people I know have been getting caught on this road for hours since the last week.

Any inputs would be invaluable for other people driving this stretch.A friend recently took this diversion(Hyd-BLR) when there was a rasta roko at Penukonda on 22nd Aug.

http://goo.gl/maps/XmlnN
If you are coming from Bangalore and wish to avoid anantapur, you can take penukonda - dharmavaram - tadipatri - gooty and rejoin nh7 at gooty. this is a state road so some parts of road may be 2 lane road. these routes will be definitely longer than the nh7 route and may take longer time than main route.

If you want to completely bypass the penukonda – kurnool stretch (If you are coming from Bangalore towards Hyderabad), you can take the Pavagada – Kalyandurg – Guntakal – Pattikonda - Adoni – Gadwal . From gadwal town you have to take the road which connects the town to NH7 and joins near Beechupally. From Beechupally you join NH7 to hyderabad before the Krishna river bridge.

You may wish to join back kurnool town from pattikonda as the route from adoni to gadwal would be much longer than the route via kurnool. Use adoni – gadwal route only if there is no other choice. This alternative route is longer than main route on NH7 and can take longer time to reach hyderabad from banagalore.

If you are coming from Hyderabad, the gadwal road comes to your right after the beechupalli Krishna river bridge. I could not paste the map link from google maps as I'm yet to master that bit.

p.s: I once took Gadwal – Devarakadra – Mahabubnagar – Jadcherla - Hyderabad route when the bridge near beechupalli was closed during the floods three year ago. Gadwal – devarakadra route crosses the massive krishna river on the dam of jurala project when the beechupalli bridge is closed. This will help you if someone decides to do a rasta roko at the all vital krishna bridge near beechupalli.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2013, 03:49   #884
BHPian

Please note there are incidents of stone pelting (as per some regional news channels) on few private buses bound towards kurnool, anantapur on Hyderabad - jadcherla route and few kms beyond jadcherla. Bhpians and family members please check before you take this route. I was shocked to hear this new form of vandalism I have rarely heard in recent past. Travel and drive safe.
Drivethru is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2013, 23:11   #885
BHPian

Drove Hyderabad-Bangalore on 6 Sept and Bangalore-Hyderabad on 9 Sept.

I was advised to avoid driving during the day. In the night, roads are absolutely clear and there was sign of any agitations on the road.

While driving towards Bangalore, be aware of a huge speedbreaker just as you enter the boarder of Karnataka. Man, it is huge! and typical of all Karnataka speedbreakers, it is unmarked. They have also fixed a smaller one about 100 mts down from it for good measure. The larger one could be a disastrous for an unwary driver. In fact, these two are the only speedbreakers you encounter on this road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks