Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2013, 23:20   #856
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Guys

I did not want to start a different thread, but a friend of mine plans to travel mid-August to Trichy from Hyderabad. How is the road and what should he watch out for?

How is the road condition between Bangy and Trichy?
Old 1st August 2013, 06:29   #857
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Guys

I did not want to start a different thread, but a friend of mine plans to travel mid-August to Trichy from Hyderabad. How is the road and what should he watch out for?

BLR-HYD is standard fare no change in road conditions.There is a new hotel that has opened up in kurnool though

Bypass bangalore taking the devanahalli-budigere-whitefield-attibele route.

NH7 Attibele-Krishnagiri 6 laning is on.Road conditions are good.From thereon till Karur roads are excellent.The regular route is to keep on nh7 till karur and then take the last exit to nh67 towards trichy.but the last stretch of around 20kms is bad as it is still work in progress.

To avoid this your friend can take namakkal(before karur)-musiri-trichy route which is good which is the standard route most of the people from blr take.there is a thread blr-trichy on the forum you could look that up as well

Attibele trichy should be done in approx 6-7hrs
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 07:17   #858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
NH7 Attibele-Krishnagiri 6 laning is on.Road conditions are good.
Vnabhi, once your friend is done bypassing Bangalore as suggested by Ranjitp (the best and shortest as per me also), he can take a halt after Hosur at Shoolagiri at McD (on the left). There is a CCD also there apart from a few other choices. A little down the highway after McD is AAB (avoidable as suggested by Ranjitp to me).

My recent 2 attempts on this route have returned the following figures :
Depart Hyderabad 5:30am.
Cross Davanahalli 12 noon.
Cross Atibelle 1:30pm
Reach Shoolagiri 2pm

Ask your friend not to exceed 80kmph at all even for a moment few kilometres before Davanahalli onwards as the cops there are waiting to catch and challan 300/-. Never experienced personally but am aware of someone here who got caught doing 87kmph despite him sticking to 80-90kmph right from Hyderabad.
Quote:
but a friend of mine plans to travel mid-August to Trichy from Hyderabad.
Ranjitp, what if the destination is Thanjavur?

Is it best done via Tiruchirappalli or do you suggest any other alternative route?
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 08:45   #859
Team-BHP Support

I updated my comments on the other thread

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...re-trichy.html

Quote:
Bypass bangalore taking the devanahalli-budigere-whitefield-attibele route.
I would suggest NH207 rather than Whitefield. That stretch is full of Airport cabs. And then later its also full of city traffic along the Whitefield region. Varthur town can give you jams thanks to vegetable markets. Add to it the misery of many-many speed breakers. Also now that there railway over bridge is being constructed on Sarjapur road, that traffic gets diverted through Carmelaram and on to Varthur road at Gunjur.

And after all this, the bypass leads you to Attebele on NH7. If you get stuck on tolls, add more time.

For all this I would really suggest NH207. Distance wise it does not add anything and saves all this. Nice good country roads.

Now what are the negatives: ?

- You need to cross Hoskote. Takes about 5-10 minutes. But yes its crowded.
- There are directions signs, but a GPS with maps would be helpful
- From Hoskote to the point where ITPL white field cuts NH207, there can be a small confusion. But a GPS should clear the doubt. Its not that difficult and its worth it.

Route Link

- Exit NH7 at point B at Devanahalli
- At point D you should see the BIAL road branching off
- Points E,F,G would help you cross Hoskote. Do note you need to go below NH4.
- Point H is where ITPL road cuts NH207
- Point J is the Sarjapur fork, where you dont need to get into the town.
- Point K is the Bagalur T juntion.

Quote:
To avoid this your friend can take namakkal(before karur)-musiri-trichy route which is good which is the standard route most of the people from blr take.there is a thread blr-trichy on the forum you could look that up as well
Attibele trichy should be done in approx 6-7hrs
Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy is still the preferred route over Musiri.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Vnabhi, once your friend is done bypassing Bangalore as suggested by Ranjitp (the best and shortest as per me also), he can take a halt after Hosur at Shoolagiri at McD (on the left). There is a CCD also there apart from a few other choices. A little down the highway after McD is AAB (avoidable as suggested by Ranjitp to me).
Since its the holiday season, I suggest, see the crowd at AAB. Once it took me 1- hour 15 minutes for a Breakfast! Let him continue further to Dharmapuri where there is another A2B. If they feel ravenous at Shoolagiri itself, I can also suggest there is a Kamat much before A2B which is usually empty because all the load goes to A2B. If you are OK with Kamat, you can get done with it fast. Do note I have never been to that Kamat. But since we know the rest of Kamats, at least have an idea of what to expect!

Quote:
Ask your friend not to exceed 80kmph at all even for a moment few kilometres before Davanahalli onwards as the cops there are waiting to catch and challan 300/-. Never experienced personally but am aware of someone here who got caught doing 87kmph despite him sticking to 80-90kmph right from Hyderabad.
There are cops just before Devanahalli town. But once you get into the town on my suggested route (NH207) all this vanishes!

Quote:
Ranjitp, what if the destination is Thanjavur?
Is it best done via Tiruchirappalli or do you suggest any other alternative route?
As I suggested in the other thread :

Salem-Namakkal-Thuraiyur-Trichy North-Tanjore
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 11:02   #860
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I would suggest NH207 rather than Whitefield.
Wow, that is a real good advise full of information.

The distance from Davanahalli to Atibelle via Whitefield and Sarjapur was 66km and took me 90 minutes both times, noon time.

How much time would it take on NH207 and what is the distance?
Old 1st August 2013, 12:19   #861
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
It should be comparable. I compared it against all the way to Hosur.
What I saw was this distance remained same as compared to taking the road through the city.
Old 1st August 2013, 15:51   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I would suggest NH207

Since its the holiday season, I suggest, see the crowd at AAB. Once it took me 1- hour 15 minutes for a Breakfast!
Is the NH207 now fully done?Earlier there were huge sections of potholes and incomplete road between Bagalur and Hosur.If those sections have been completed,then this is any day a better bet as it save you one toll as well

There is a new Sree Saravana Bhavan open at Krishnagiri and its excellent is what I hear onto your left towards Salem.

Quote:
Wow, that is a real good advise full of information.

The distance from Davanahalli to Atibelle via Whitefield and Sarjapur was 66km and took me 90 minutes both times, noon time.

To Tanjore this is the best way to do it taking the Thuraiyur route as Amp has reccomended.
http://goo.gl/maps/oFqgD

Namakkal-Thathaiyangarpatty-Kannanur-Pagalavadi-Manachanallur-Trichy Bypass-Thanjavur Highway-Thannjavur.

Quote:
Guys

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 1st August 2013 at 16:02.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2013, 16:12   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wow,
For the benefit of people looking to stayover at Kurnool,there is a new hotel open and has been reported to be very good.

Directions to hotel from NH7: http://goo.gl/maps/l1trW

Old 1st August 2013, 21:50   #864
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
For the benefit of people looking to stayover at Kurnool,there is a new hotel open and has been reported to be very good.

Directions to hotel from NH7: http://goo.gl/maps/l1trW

Isn't that the same place where the Hydeez group of bhpians went for a drive 2 months back? If yes, it is a good place, though one would need to travel 4 kms into the city.
Old 1st August 2013, 21:55   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Isn't that the same place where the Hydeez group of bhpians went for a drive 2 months back? If yes, it is a good place, though one would need to travel 4 kms into the city.
No idea about the drive.Yes this one is not on the highway.Good place for night stopover though as per some people who have stayed there
Old 1st August 2013, 23:27   #866
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Is the NH207 now fully done?Earlier there were huge sections of potholes and incomplete road between Bagalur and Hosur.If those sections have been completed,then this is any day a better bet as it save you one toll as well
Its picture perfect now! Very good to drive end to end. I covered it myself and its beautiful!
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 11:21   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

This hotel is not new Ranjit, it has been there for sometime.

Quote:
Yes Venu Saar.This is the same place where we had awesome lunch on our drive meet.

Waseem.
Old 2nd August 2013, 14:07   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Its picture perfect now! Very good to drive end to end. I covered it myself and its beautiful!
Could you please give more details on how to take this route From Hosur to Whitefield (Hope farm junction)? This could be an alternative to avoid Attibele toll booth.

Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 15:06   #869
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramodpk View Post
Could you please give more details on how to take this route From Hosur to Whitefield (Hope farm junction)? This could be an alternative to avoid Attibele toll booth.

Thanks
Here you go :

Route Link

From Hope farm continue on ITPL road till you hit NH207 Y fork. Take right and drive along NH207.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2013, 16:23   #870
BHPian

Guys- Need a quick piece of Advice. I'm planning to drive from Bangalore to Hyderabad on Saturday..
Just wanted to check to see if the there are any disruptions in traffic due to recent political desicions? I plan to start early in the morning...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks