Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 8th September 2009, 17:44   #106
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
To be a bit more precise, it is:-

Hyderabad Shamshabad Airport -> Inner Ring Road->MehdiPatnam -> Masab Tank -> Banjara Hills Rd #1 -> Panjagutta->Begumpet->Yatri Niwas on SP Road.
Another option which is slightly less traffic congested and maybe a bit longer :-

Hyderabad Shamshabad Airport -> Outer Ring Road-> Kondapur-> Jubilee Hills Check Post -> Banjara Hills Rd #1 -> Begumpet->Yatri Niwas on SP Road
Old 8th September 2009, 19:33   #107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Another option which is slightly less traffic congested and maybe a bit longer :-

Hyderabad Shamshabad Airport -> Outer Ring Road-> Kondapur-> Jubilee Hills Check Post -> Banjara Hills Rd #1 -> Begumpet->Yatri Niwas on SP Road

Also depends on when you enter the city.

Shamshabad-->Mehdipatnam ( follow the PVN Expressway )-->Lakdikapul-->Punjagutta-->Begumpet Flyover-->SP Road also is a possiblity ?
Old 8th September 2009, 19:43   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys, any update about driving conditions between Bangalore & Hyderabad? Have the recent heavy rains made a mess of the diversions or are they holding up well?

I am concerned as I probably will be driving down from BLR to HYD around October first week and plan to leave BLR (TV Tower/Mekhri Circle) at around 0300 to reach HYD (Hitec City) by around 12 noon.

Is this an achievable plan given the current heavy rains?
Old 8th September 2009, 19:43   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
Also depends on when you enter the city.

Shamshabad-->Mehdipatnam ( follow the PVN Expressway )-->Lakdikapul-->Punjagutta-->Begumpet Flyover-->SP Road also is a possiblity ?
Thanks folks. This is actually for a friend, who is planning to drive to hyd over the long weekend after ramzan. He may start early in the day, and reach there in around 4PM. I was actually thinking, mehdipatnam, b hills around pension office etc would be a mess. What do you folks think? ORR, kondapur would be tad longer imo, not sure though, never took that route.
Old 8th September 2009, 20:02   #110
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sriturl
Thanks folks. This is actually for a friend, who is planning to drive to hyd over the long weekend after ramzan. He may start early in the day, and reach there in around 4PM. I was actually thinking, mehdipatnam, b hills around pension office etc would be a mess. What do you folks think? ORR, kondapur would be tad longer imo, not sure though, never took that route.
ORR, Kondapur route may be a bit longer but would be much quicker. On a day when the offices are closed, it might be a breeze to drive through on that route. IMO, your friend should take this route and if he is unaware of Hyderabad roads, then this would be straighter route than Medhipatnam, B Hills one.

Its almost straight all the way from ORR to Yatri Nivas except the right turn at Kondapur (Kothaguda X Roads).
Old 8th September 2009, 20:16   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, any update about driving conditions between Bangalore & Hyderabad? Have the recent heavy rains made a mess of the diversions or are they holding up well?

I am concerned as I probably will be driving down from BLR to HYD around October first week and plan to leave BLR (TV Tower/Mekhri Circle) at around 0300 to reach HYD (Hitec City) by around 12 noon.

Is this an achievable plan given the current heavy rains?

I did Hyd-Blr over the weekend on 5th Sept. 8hrs from Bowenpally to Hebbal. Upto Kothakota, and almost upto Kurnool, the roads are excellent. You can do avg speeds of 100+. A third Toll Gate has started operation, dont remember the exact location of this toll gate.

Between Kurnool and Anantapur,not much progress, but thankfully the rains havent spoilt the roads..

After Anantapur upto Penukonda, 80% is done.

After Penukonda, barring the Chikaballapur town, rest is a breeze to drive on.

rgds
Srini
Old 8th September 2009, 20:44   #112
BHPian

I did travel from Blr-Hyd-Blr last weekend
Hyd - Kurnool Road is excellent easily 100+ kmph
From Kunool till Anantapur lots of diversions, still road conditions are not bad can manager 8-100kmph
From Anantapur till Chikaballapur its single way and road condition is good
From Chikaballapur again its two way and road condition is good, just its got lots speed breakers
Old 9th September 2009, 08:56   #113
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
Its almost straight all the way from ORR to Yatri Nivas except the right turn at Kondapur (Kothaguda X Roads).
+1 to that. I forgot to add that it is indeed a straight road all the way to Yatri Nivas expect that one right turn.

For a newbie to city this route is easy to comprehend than the messy Mehdipatnam route. Just my 2 cents !
Old 9th September 2009, 12:20   #114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
+1 to that. I forgot to add that it is indeed a straight road all the way to Yatri Nivas expect that one right turn.

For a newbie to city this route is easy to comprehend than the messy Mehdipatnam route. Just my 2 cents !
I concur with this viewpoint. This route also gives a newbie a view of the latest and greatest buildings in Hyderabad---especially in the IT sector.
Old 23rd September 2009, 23:46   #115
BHPian

I will be driving B'lore - Hyd, coming weekend. I wanted to be in Jubilee Hills by 12:30PM. What should be the best time to start from B'lore. Or should I cover the distance in 2 steps - half distance on Fri evening and rest on Sat Morning with stayover in a city in-between.
and yes, I will be driving my M800 for this trip.
Please advise.
Old 24th September 2009, 00:09   #116
BHPian

Hotels at the outskirts of bangalore ?

Since this thread is discussing about the Hyd-Blr NH-7, let me put my query here.
I'll be starting for Coorg this saturday and plan to take a night halt at bangalore. Can I get a hotel on NH 7 at the outskirts of Blr? I don't want to get deep inside Blr, so that early next morning I can start for Mysore and Coorg. Or otherwise is there anything on the Blr- Mysore road after going out of Blr?
Bangy BHPians please help. It's urgent, because I have to decide the timings accordingly. Getting acco in mysore may be a difficult because of the dussera.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:34   #117
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
Since this thread is discussing about the Hyd-Blr NH-7, let me put my query here.
I'll be starting for Coorg this saturday and plan to take a night halt at bangalore. Can I get a hotel on NH 7 at the outskirts of Blr? I don't want to get deep inside Blr, so that early next morning I can start for Mysore and Coorg. Or otherwise is there anything on the Blr- Mysore road after going out of Blr?
Bangy BHPians please help. It's urgent, because I have to decide the timings accordingly. Getting acco in mysore may be a difficult because of the dussera.
You would find quite a few hotels at Hebbal before the flyover.fyi hebbal is the point from where you branch off to the ringroads.You would be better off staying on the Hyd side than the MYQ side as MYQ road is pretty congested and not even sure if they have hotels that side.The Royal Senate Boutique Hotel is a nice place.I shall pm you the details.
Old 24th September 2009, 11:38   #118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinay.pillai View Post
I will be driving B'lore - Hyd, coming weekend. I wanted to be in Jubilee Hills by 12:30PM. What should be the best time to start from B'lore. Or should I cover the distance in 2 steps - half distance on Fri evening and rest on Sat Morning with stayover in a city in-between.
and yes, I will be driving my M800 for this trip.
Please advise.
you would need to start from Bangy no later than 3 AM. Avoid overnight halt since there is nothing decent to stay at on this route.
Old 24th September 2009, 12:07   #119
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
you would need to start from Bangy no later than 3 AM. Avoid overnight halt since there is nothing decent to stay at on this route.
I second this.I did this stretch on my M800 a couple of weeks back and left Devanahalli CCD at 0500 and I was at Shamshabad Airport flyover at 1400 with 1 fuel stop @ Anantpur.Absolutely no stay or eat options on the way.There is one Ghar Dhaba before you enter Gooty town,but nothing great,except for some clean rest rooms(in case you are lucky to reach there after they have cleaned it:P)else pack sandwiches or eat stuff from home or from the Coffe Day before BLR airport flyover.Its a 24hr outlet.Shamshabad Airport to Jubilee hills should take you another 45mins-1hour dependng on traffic conditions.Take the outer ring road to the left before airport to Gachibowli-left at end of ring road-uturn after 100mts-left at junction-kondapur signal-right-shilparamam-hitec city-and then onwards to Hitec City and Jubilee hills.this would be an easier route as you would avoid city traffic and the mess at Mehdipatnam.
Old 24th September 2009, 14:47   #120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post
I did this stretch a month back, starting from Bangalore by 6:45AM Koramangala, and was at Hyderabad international airport by 2:15 PM. If you start by 3:00 AM you will cross Chickabellapur/Penukonda before dawn. That is a plus as you can avoid local traffic.

There is one Ghar dhaba in Chickaballapur. But they open only at 6:00 AM I suppose.

You can do this stretch easily in 8 hours.

Nainar

Most Viewed