Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th February 2009, 12:11   #31
BHPian

Here is the latest update on this route.

Went on 5th, and came back on 11th.
Time taken to cover - 10hr 30mins. to cover 585 kms (HAL-Bang to Mehdipatnam-Hyd)

Route is more or less fine. Lot of deviations, but no pot holes on diversions like the last time I travelled(that was in rainy season)
From Hyd First 150 kms, and last 150 kms at Bangalore are very goo roads, almost completed strectches of 4 way highway.
Expect traffic on both sides on highway, because there are no proper sign boards at certain diversions, so people come in all directions.

In between 300, has lot more diversions, and std 2 lane highways at some stretches before penukonda from Bang side, ring roads of Anantapur and Kurnool are also in bad shape as work is progress, and expect slow traffic at Gooty and other towns where by-pass is not complete.

Shadnagar by-pass is almost complete, by next time, that should save sometime.

And one funny board on the way. "Take Dive". That was obviously meant to be "Take diversion" but the other part went missing.

Last edited by sriturl : 12th February 2009 at 12:13.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:08   #32
BHPian

Update as on 14th Feb:

Visited Anantapur on 13th Feb and was back to Hyderabad on 14th.

1. Shamshabad to Jadcherla, which should be approximately 80 kms was covered in 30mins. Four laning over and the quality of the road is awesome. I was doing speeds of 170kmph in the night.The baypass to Shadnagar is complete and absolutely no trace of humans and cattle on the road.

2. Jadcherla to Anantapur was OK with the four laning still underway, however the quality of road is very good.

Once the entire stretch between Hyderabad and Bangalore is complete, I guess we should be talking about 5 hrs to drive between the airports of Hyderabad and Bangalore.
Old 16th February 2009, 14:31   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zen91 View Post
1. Shamshabad to Jadcherla, which should be approximately 80 kms was covered in 30mins. Four laning over and the quality of the road is awesome. I was doing speeds of 170kmph in the night.The baypass to Shadnagar is complete and absolutely no trace of humans and cattle on the road.
Add 15min more please !! To average 80km in 30min you have to be driving at 200kmph consistently which is not possible in indian conditions.

BTW, on which car you were doing 170kmph in middle of night?

Abhi
Old 16th February 2009, 19:58   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Add 15min more please !! To average 80km in 30min you have to be driving at 200kmph consistently which is not possible in indian conditions.

Abhi

It was on an Ikon 1.6..you are correct on the timing and distance.

I reached Shamshabad Airport in 30 mins which is approx 55kms from Jadcherla..my bad that I took the total distance to Hyderabad.
Old 16th February 2009, 20:04   #35
BHPian

Heard the Toll collection has started in this route and there are 3 toll booths in a distance of 250kms from Hyderabad, each charging Rs.40
Old 17th February 2009, 09:42   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndianNomad View Post
Heard the Toll collection has started in this route and there are 3 toll booths in a distance of 250kms from Hyderabad, each charging Rs.40
The toll gate before Jadcherla is operational and charges Rs.40/-, however for the balance two, the structure of the toll gate is almost ready and they have not started collecting the toll charges.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:11   #37
BHPian

Quote:

Abhi
Won't a constant 160kph help you cover 80km in 30 minutes?

-- Torqy
Old 17th February 2009, 13:32   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post

-- Torqy
Quite possible. I have myself done 90 kms in 38 minutes, which implies an average speed of 142 kmph. This had me keeping constant speeds of 150 kmph plus, touching a peak of 160 kmph (not possible to do more in my Scorpio), and this was toll gate-to-toll gate on the Baroda-Ahmedabad expressway. This drive was in the evening.

Last edited by hvkumar : 17th February 2009 at 13:34.
Old 17th February 2009, 13:34   #39
Senior - BHPian

that's cool news. don't mind paying tolls for good roads that save time. 5 hours from airport to airport is mouth watering if it really is going to happen.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:20   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqy View Post

-- Torqy
Yes that is mathematically possible. But practically not !!

To do 80km in 30min, you have to be 170kmph+ speeds. Acceleration / deceleration takes away substantial amount of time.

Abhi
Old 17th February 2009, 14:32   #41
Senior - BHPian

Friends, You have to believe Zen91on his speeds and the ride. We have seen him driving for out TBHP Hyd meets and beats us hollow!!
One of the Bidar drives, I was doing 140kmph in my mHawk, He comes beside me pauses and speeds off as if I am at 70kmph
I too used to own a Ford Ikon1.6 and the car has meat!!
Old 17th February 2009, 14:35   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Update as on 14th Feb:

Visited Anantapur on 13th Feb and was back to Hyderabad on 14th.

Brajesh, that's too risky to be doing such speeds at night. I could never manage more than 120-130kmph at night as the visibility get so much hampered during nights

Also, are you sure you covered 80kms in 30 mins? My personal best was 58kms in 30 mins on the Nizambad highway during one sunny afternoon.
Old 17th February 2009, 14:57   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Also, are you sure you covered 80kms in 30 mins? My personal best was 58kms in 30 mins on the Nizambad highway during one sunny afternoon.
Avi, He didnot do 80km in 30min but 55km. Pls check the previous post which he replied to my concern.

Abhi
Old 17th February 2009, 15:06   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Brajesh, that's too risky to be doing such speeds at night. I could never manage more than 120-130kmph at night as the visibility get so much hampered during nights

Avi Bhai! You need to drive on this road to believe it, as I would rate this stretch as one on the best that I have ever driven.

Shamshabad Airport to Jadcherla is like heaven(even better than the Gulbarga- Bijapur stretch.The road is spanking new and bypasses all towns including Shadnagar.

I use Philips Essential Vision with 90/100W rating and they are very powerful. I was able to judge with the help of the tail lamps of the car in front of mine- approx a KM away and was confidant that no unwanted objects(humans and cattle) would come in between.Actually the road passes through barren land and is elevated in most of the places.

I propose that the next drive meet we have it at Munawar Dhaba-Jedcherla. I promise nobody will regret this drive.
Old 17th February 2009, 16:04   #45
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Avi, He didnot do 80km in 30min but 55km. Pls check the previous post which he replied to my concern.

Abhi
my bad, thanks Abhi, i noticed it after you pointed out.

Quote:
Avi Bhai! You need to drive on this road to believe it, as I would rate this stretch as one on the best that I have ever driven.

Shamshabad Airport to Jadcherla is like heaven(even better than the Gulbarga- Bijapur stretch.The road is spanking new and bypasses all towns including Shadnagar.

I use Philips Essential Vision with 90/100W rating and they are very powerful. I was able to judge with the help of the tail lamps of the car in front of mine- approx a KM away and was confidant that no unwanted objects(humans and cattle) would come in between.Actually the road passes through barren land and is elevated in most of the places.

I propose that the next drive meet we have it at Munawar Dhaba-Jedcherla. I promise nobody will regret this drive.
Kuch bhi kaho bhai, those speeds and especially in your beast with not so great brakes is not a good idea. It's request please do not repeat, especially during nights

How about trying out that stretch on Feb 28? Did you get Rajesh's PM?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks