Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th February 2009, 17:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akroy View Post
Yes that is mathematically possible. But practically not !!

To do 80km in 30min, you have to be 170kmph+ speeds. Acceleration / deceleration takes away substantial amount of time.

Abhi
I wasn't talking about practicality. I was confused about the "accurate" 200kmph you mentioned.

Old 19th February 2009, 11:08   #47
Senior - BHPian

i am driving to Bangalore next weekend, will post a road update following that.

from the looks of it, things have really improved since i last travelled on this road a year and a half back
Old 19th February 2009, 12:33   #48
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

from the looks of it, things have really improved since i last travelled on this road a year and a half back
I thought you were going this weekend. I recall that you wanted to commence your trip on 20th. So plans deferred, eh?
Old 19th February 2009, 12:37   #49
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by himanshugoswami View Post

There is a very good BP Apna Ghar Dhaba between Gooty and Ananthapur.
Pic available here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1148004
Old 19th February 2009, 13:06   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
I thought you were going this weekend. I recall that you wanted to commence your trip on 20th. So plans deferred, eh?
yes Venu....actually my trip was linked to a friend's surgery. her surgery has been moved to next week, so we will be driving down then.

Quote:
There is a very good BP Apna Ghar Dhaba between Gooty and Ananthapur.
Pic available here:
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...ml#post1148004 (Rider Mania 2009: 23ONE)
thanks Imran

Last edited by himanshugoswami : 19th February 2009 at 13:10.
Old 19th February 2009, 13:27   #51
Distinguished - BHPian

, we are going to Delhi 6 tomorrow ( Friday) night show. Anybody from here game?
Old 4th March 2009, 17:28   #52
BHPian

Yesterday did the Hyderabad-Gooty drive. Road from Hyderabad to Kurnool is very well laid and the widening work that has been going on for ages is almost complete. The by-pass after Shamsabad airport is ready and one can drive along without touching Shadnagar. There is a toll booth at about 50km from Hyderabad. One has to pay Rs. 40 for a car (Rs. 60 for multiple use). Again there is another toll plaza is coming up at at distance of 100km. It is not yet operational. The next one is just before reaching Kurnool.
There are brand new LED signboards put up above the road. They glow in the night. Also the new reflective signboards sprung on the roads make one aware that there are so many hitherto unknown places existed along the road.
After Kurnool the road work is going on in full swing. Till about a couple of months earlier lot of diversions due to construction of bridges or culverts were going on and that seems to be over. Now they are working on stretches of road to widen them. That means you will be driving on a single track road with mammoth trucks hurtling down on you. One must be extremely careful.
Huge tracts of roads with inclines and bends will be relocated to a brand new stretch. When you proceed towards Bangalore from Hyderabad, after about 250km you will see these new roads taking shape. Even Gooty will be sidetracked. Avoiding several villages and small towns will be a great blessing. It looks like it will be another year before the road is completely done.
Old 24th March 2009, 14:09   #53
BHPian

Planning to drive down to Hyderabad this long weekend in my jeep.
Personally, i prefer driving around in the nights as its comfortable in a non AC vehicle and less disturbing.
Planning to leave at around 6:00pm to avoid the Volvos. i don't do much speeds and happy to stay at 80-100kmph. At these speed, i guess it takes almost 10-12 Hrs to reach. My only worry is that the volvos would catch me up early in the morning. Thats more painful.

Any suggestions for the night journey and would be greatly appreciated. Cant leave before 5:30pm on Thursday.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 27th March 2009, 21:19   #54

Hyderabad-Bangalore in 8:30 hrs, inspite of construction

I recently did Hyderabad-Bangalore-Hyderabad. HYD-BLR on 15 March, 2009 and return on 19 March. If one leaves Hyderabad at day break, a late lunch at Bangalore is quite possible. Hyderabad-Bangalore as of March 2009 can be done in 8:30 hours inspite of constant construction. The challenge continues to be finding decent eateries along the way - forcing one to pre-packed food.

We left HYD early enough to be at NH7 and ring road junction at 0550. We arrived at NH7 Hebbal intersection at 1420. On the return, left Bangalore to be at NH7/Hebbal at 0522 and reached NH7/HYD Airport at 1412 (ring road junction is another 10 minutes away).

Following is a break up of road sections and conditions.
HYD Ring road/NH7:HYD Airport;10Km - departure 0550, Good 4 lane divided road
HYD Airport:Shadnagar;27Km - couple of sections of 2 lane undivided road. In the early mornings need to watch out for incoming speeding buses
Shadnagar:Jadcherla;35Km - Good 4 lane divided road. 100+ speeds are common. Toll Rs.28
Jadcherla:Kottakota;52Km - Good 4 lane divided road. 100+ speeds are common. Toll Rs. 40
Kottakota:Kurnool;78Km - Till Pebbair (Krishna river crossing) bearable and construction diversions every 2-3 Km. Food, look for BPCL/ Ghar Dhaba on the right (west)
Kurnool Dronachalam;48Km - Around Kurnool heavy construction. Enroute quite a bit of construction with diversions every 2-3 Km
Dronachalam:Gooty;42Km - 70Kmph seemed comfortable. Mostly 2 lane with construction of 4 lane road in parallel. Patchy road surface and goes through villages. At Gooty you can get fresh fruit at railway gate. Sharp rail track curve (110 degrees from Gooty towards Anantapur)
Gooty:Anantapur;52Km - Food at BPCL Ghar dhaba, 4Km south of Gooty. 70Kmph seemed comfortable. Mostly 2 lane with construction of 4 lane road in parallel. Patchy road surface and goes through villages
Anantapur:Penugonda;71Km - construction and confusion as diversion signs aren't always there. It's funny and dangerous to see 2 way traffic on both sets of lanes
Penugonda:Bagepalli;40Km - Construction and confusion. Be on the watchout for uneven road surface such as abrupt increase in height from bridge (cement) and tar road. The thud caused by the front wheel impact is gut wrenching
Bagepalli:Chikballapur;40Km - 50Kmph. Heavy construction. Diversions to diversions exist. Funnily they have placed speed breakers even on these to ensure one crawls
Chikballapur Devanahalli;20Km - 80Kmph. Good divided road
Devanahalli:Hebbal/NH7;28Km - 40-60Kmph. local traffic jumps and signals on 4 lane divided NH7! Arrival 14:20

Overall fuel economy in a 2001 Honda City 1.5 Exi - 16.5Km/l, with AC on

Regards
Ravi.
Old 4th April 2009, 17:33   #55
Senior - BHPian

Some Pics of the NH7 after Shamshabad.

Happened to go on a drive to add some KMs to my running-in! Controlled speed of 60 KMPH and not over revving the engine!

Work is still going on at full swing after crossing the airport. For about 3 KMs, it's a two lane road with lots of idiots overtaking from left & right and having lots of near misses!

The roads are amazing! I need a GTR or a Ferrari on this stretch now!
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009592.jpg

Signs are up everywhere but still there are lots of mistakes like Nagpur spelled as Nagapur, etc.
Bangalore sounds better than 'luru'
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009593.jpg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009594.jpg

Bus stop with shelter!
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009596.jpg

The LED boards are operative! This one shows - "Please don't drive in the wrong direction." The boards show these messages in English & Telugu!
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009599.jpg

Solar powered emergency SOS Phones available every 2 KMs
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009600.jpg

Probably, the idiot in the lorry does not know anything about lanes and was happily cruising in the wrong direction awaiting a Head-on collision!
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009602.jpg

"Do not close your eyes even for a second. It is a death warrant."
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-04042009603.jpg

NOTE: All pics taken after checking for traffic and precaution. No risks taken for these pics.
Since I was cruising around 1:00 PM, there were very few vehicles on the road!

Took a U-Turn before the first Toll Gate. These pics are only from Hyderabad to Shadnagar!

Last edited by pulsar56 : 4th April 2009 at 17:39.
Old 4th April 2009, 18:17   #56
BHPian

5th picture:
Quote:
The LED boards are operative! This one shows - "Please don't drive in the wrong direction." The boards show these messages in English & Telugu!
If one reads it, he is in all probability going in the right direction.

Last edited by arindamray : 4th April 2009 at 18:18.
Old 5th April 2009, 16:11   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arindamray View Post
5th picture:

If one reads it, he is in all probability going in the right direction.
Good catch! I was about to post the same comment.

Can't blame that truck driver---he might not have seen any such sign when he was driving in the wrong direction.
Old 6th April 2009, 20:46   #58
BHPian

Good updates rsksnt. It will help a lot those who will travel in near future through this stretch.
Old 11th April 2009, 13:14   #59
BHPian

Ravi,
I took a printout of your post and it was really very helpful. Started in my jeep at around 3:00 Pm @ hebbal and reached hyderabad at around 3:00am. Total distance covered door to door 600Kms. Food at the ghar Dhaba was a saviour. My friend who accompanied me on this journey was reading out the details for me and really surprised and impressed after knowing how online communities can help.

Coming back to the journey,
The stretch from Devanahalli to bagepalli took us a lot of time. Most of the other places, temporary signboards have come up to indicate the diversions.

My only rant is that the Toll guys at gooty and kurnool refused to include my vehicle number in the toll slip. They said "the computer wont give saaar" unless i take a 2 way token. After a long argument i finally realized that commonsense is still not taught in school.
There was a lot of police patrol and every vehicle and its belongings are checked. But thats only on the AP side. Diesel is quiet cheap in AP.

Regards,
Krishna.
Old 13th May 2009, 20:35   #60
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsksnt View Post
I recently did Hyderabad-Bangalore-Hyderabad. HYD-BLR on 15 March, 2009 and return on 19 March. If one leaves Hyderabad at day break, a late lunch at Bangalore is quite possible. Hyderabad-Bangalore as of March 2009 can be done in 8:30 hours inspite of constant construction. The challenge continues to be finding decent eateries along the way - forcing one to pre-packed food.

We left HYD early enough to be at NH7 and ring road junction at 0550. We arrived at NH7 Hebbal intersection at 1420. On the return, left Bangalore to be at NH7/Hebbal at 0522 and reached NH7/HYD Airport at 1412 (ring road junction is another 10 minutes away).

Following is a break up of road sections and conditions.
HYD Ring road/NH7:HYD Airport;10Km - departure 0550, Good 4 lane divided road
HYD Airport:Shadnagar;27Km - couple of sections of 2 lane undivided road. In the early mornings need to watch out for incoming speeding buses
Shadnagar:Jadcherla;35Km - Good 4 lane divided road. 100+ speeds are common. Toll Rs.28
Jadcherla:Kottakota;52Km - Good 4 lane divided road. 100+ speeds are common. Toll Rs. 40
Kottakota:Kurnool;78Km - Till Pebbair (Krishna river crossing) bearable and construction diversions every 2-3 Km. Food, look for BPCL/ Ghar Dhaba on the right (west)
Kurnool Dronachalam;48Km - Around Kurnool heavy construction. Enroute quite a bit of construction with diversions every 2-3 Km
Dronachalam:Gooty;42Km - 70Kmph seemed comfortable. Mostly 2 lane with construction of 4 lane road in parallel. Patchy road surface and goes through villages. At Gooty you can get fresh fruit at railway gate. Sharp rail track curve (110 degrees from Gooty towards Anantapur)
Gooty:Anantapur;52Km - Food at BPCL Ghar dhaba, 4Km south of Gooty. 70Kmph seemed comfortable. Mostly 2 lane with construction of 4 lane road in parallel. Patchy road surface and goes through villages
Anantapur:Penugonda;71Km - construction and confusion as diversion signs aren't always there. It's funny and dangerous to see 2 way traffic on both sets of lanes
Penugonda:Bagepalli;40Km - Construction and confusion. Be on the watchout for uneven road surface such as abrupt increase in height from bridge (cement) and tar road. The thud caused by the front wheel impact is gut wrenching
Bagepalli:Chikballapur;40Km - 50Kmph. Heavy construction. Diversions to diversions exist. Funnily they have placed speed breakers even on these to ensure one crawls
Chikballapur Devanahalli;20Km - 80Kmph. Good divided road
Devanahalli:Hebbal/NH7;28Km - 40-60Kmph. local traffic jumps and signals on 4 lane divided NH7! Arrival 14:20

Overall fuel economy in a 2001 Honda City 1.5 Exi - 16.5Km/l, with AC on

Regards
Ravi.
Thasnks Ravi,
This Info Helped me a lot for my Bangalore Drive last week. Nice Narration regarding directions and stretches ,what I did is I went into Kurnool Town to have Breakfast @ Hotel Amaravathi ,it cost me 45 minutes though

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks