Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2019, 10:38   #1591
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Folks

I am planning to drive to Hyderabad from Bangalore tomorrow. Planning to start by 530 to 6 am. I normally have breakfast after 830, so please suggest something decent and quick around Anantapur. I used to frequent the Reliance A1 dhaba near Penukonda toll gate and enjoy their piping hot idlies, but i am not sure if that is operating now. Blue Moon has good rest rooms, but service is slow.

Somebody was mentioning Penukonda. Any name will be helpful.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Did Hyderabad - Bangalore - Hyderabad last weekend. Had stopped for lunch at Blue Moon both while going (Saturday) and coming back (Monday). Just a couple of tables were occupied and the service was fast. The items ordered were served within 6 to 8 minutes. However cannot comment on their service speed in the morning. Did not clearly observe the A1 dhaba, but I think it was closed. A stop at Food Pyramid would be too early for you.
You are right. The Reliance A1 dhaba is closed, though the petrol bunk is operational. We had breakfast at CCD just after the Kasepalli toll gate, and the AC ambience was just what we needed. The restrooms were well-maintained. However, the total time taken was 45 minutes, so one needs to keep that in mind if in a hurry. Blu Moon was equally slow for serving idlies when we last visited a couple of years ago. For those in a hurry, there is Dolphin restaurant on the highway a couple of kms before Anantapur on the BLR HYD highway. Looked decent and saw a few vehicles parked outside it. But we passed that spot at around 730 am, and that was too early for us.

Last edited by vnabhi : 25th March 2019 at 10:39.
Old 20th April 2019, 20:00   #1592
BHPian

Guys I will be returning alone to Hyderabad on the 27th April after dropping off my wife and kid at my brother-in-law's house in Bangalore.
If anyone needs a ride they are most welcome.
The starting point will be ITPL. The starting time is adjustable (to a degree, I would prefer to reach Hyderabad before 7 pm).
PM me if interested.
Old 1st June 2019, 21:06   #1593
BHPian

Hello,

I'm driving down to Bangalore (then onwards to Coonoor) next week.

Since I will be starting in the evening (~6pm) from HYD, and don't want to drive through the night, wanted to check if there are any decent hotels around midway?

Since it will be just to sleep and shower, I would be happy with inexpensive options (<2k) that are clean and have hot water.

Thanks in advance :-)
Old 1st June 2019, 21:48   #1594
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Hello,

Since I will be starting in the evening (~6pm) from HYD, and don't want to drive through the night, wanted to check if there are any decent hotels around midway?

Since it will be just to sleep and shower, I would be happy with inexpensive options (<2k) that are clean and have hot water.

Hotel Blue Moon has option to stay. This is near anantapur and on the highway itself.

arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2019, 23:18   #1595
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_pal View Post
Hello,

In Kurnool, Hotel Suraj Grand is also another option, almost right next to the highway. At a price similar to Blue Moon, you will get much better room and food. I have stayed in both.
9tMax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2019, 09:15   #1596
Senior - BHPian

I had a good experience in Hotel Suraj during couple of my trips. This is probably the only best option too after/before Hyderabad.

Last edited by deehunk : 2nd June 2019 at 09:19.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2019, 10:37   #1597
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
Hotel Blue Moon has option to stay. This is near anantapur and on the highway itself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9tMax View Post
In Kurnool, Hotel Suraj Grand is also another option, almost right next to the highway. At a price similar to Blue Moon, you will get much better room and food. I have stayed in both.
Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I had a good experience in Hotel Suraj during couple of my trips. This is probably the only best option too after/before Hyderabad.

Thanks a ton guys. Though unfortunately I discovered yesterday that my clutch is not up to the trip (will post on that soon)! I have decided to fly down to Bangalore and rent a self-drive car from there.
mango_pal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2019, 15:16   #1598
BHPian

Midnight cheating at Amakthadu, NHAI toll plaza, Bangalore-Hyderabad Highway, NH 44

Trip Detail: Bangalore - Hyderabad
Date - 3rd May 2019
Incident Time: 00:17:42, 4th May 2019

Beware of this possible fraud on this stretch. For more details please read my public post at the below link:

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?sto...1&id=554917840

Anyone faced similar issues at any of the toll plaza on this stretch ? May be its worth mentioning here.

Last edited by Anupam1024 : 9th June 2019 at 15:18.
Old 24th June 2019, 08:55   #1599
Distinguished - BHPian

It used to be a bliss driving on the Bangalore - Hyderabad highway, but not the same now. Its filled with speed-breakers and many uneven stretches. During the return I counted around 35 speed breakers. And these speed breakers doesn't have any standards, they are of various sizes. There was one Dzire which got rear ended by a bus when he braked at the last moment. Overall, it was not as enjoyable as before.
arun_josie is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 09:19   #1600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It used to be a bliss driving on the Bangalore - Hyderabad highway, but not the same now. Its filled with speed-breakers and many uneven stretches. During the return I counted around 35 speed breakers. And these speed breakers doesn't have any standards, they are of various sizes. There was one Dzire which got rear ended by a bus when he braked at the last moment. Overall, it was not as enjoyable as before.
Used to have 2-3 speed breakers till Karnataka boarder, has that changed now? AP and TS got influenced by KA ?
shamanth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 09:27   #1601
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I don't recollect where I read but someone shared that post on Facebook where a driver had counted these speedbreakers and it was certainly way above what it used to be on this stretch.

Despite of the order by Road Ministry, the norms are flouted. The lack of proper entry-exit roads, lack of service roads and the lack of vision by the highway contractors is leading to all these - Accidents invariably demand placement of speedbreakers in our country .

Related Article : Remove All Speedbreakers from National Highways,orders Union road transport ministry
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 11:30   #1602
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanth View Post
Used to have 2-3 speed breakers till Karnataka boarder, has that changed now? AP and TS got influenced by KA ?

Yes, it has changed a lot. These speed breakers are there till Kurnool, post that I didn't see any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
I don't recollect where I read but someone shared that post on Facebook where a driver had counted these speedbreakers and it was certainly way above what it used to be on this stretch.

I think it was good during our Kurnool drive, two years back. Most of these speed breakers have come post that.

At some tolls, there are speed breakers after you exit the toll
arun_josie is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2019, 17:42   #1603
Senior - BHPian

When traveling from Hyderabad till Dhone there are no speed breakers.
Dhone bypass has speed breakers.
About 30kms before Gooty huge speed breaker.
The worst ones are at the Garladene town bypass.
Even the Kia motors plant after Ammavaripalli village has speed breakers
Old 5th July 2019, 16:01   #1604
BHPian

Hi guys,
I would be traveling from Hyderabad to nallamalai jungle camps coming week. Wanted to know what are the better food court/restroom options before getting of the Bangalore Highway near Kurnool.
Old 5th July 2019, 17:16   #1605
Senior - BHPian

Amazon kitchens about 20kms before Kurnool while traveling from Banglore towards Hyderabad.
Neat washroom adequate parking..
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks