Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th September 2018, 18:36   #1576
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by MorePower View Post
BLR-HYD - Left BLR at 5.30 am, reached Gachibowli at 2 pm.This included a 30 minute breakfast halt and a 20 minute unsuccessful stop for breakfast.
Could you give some idea about the speed you maintain. I am planning a trip in October and would start near about the same time in the morning from Ecity, so it would give me some estimate of the time required
gautamal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2018, 19:21   #1577
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
Could you give some idea about the speed you maintain. I am planning a trip in October and would start near about the same time in the morning from Ecity, so it would give me some estimate of the time required
Estimate 8 hours between Devanahalli and Shamshabad including breaks. This is for sedate driving and includes halts. Heavy traffic, less traffic, holiday, etc. might add another 30 minutes at the most.
Old 27th September 2018, 07:53   #1578
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gautamal View Post
On highways, I don't go beyond 100-110. Also in my case, I stayed at Gachibowli, right next to the Outer ring road. Guess that saved me some time getting into the city.

The return journey took longer because of heavy rain as we started nearing Bangalore, and of course the evening rush hour within the city itself. If you can plan your return in such a way that you give the evening rush hour a miss, you can easily save an hour, if not more.
Old 30th September 2018, 02:14   #1579
BHPian

This is a question regarding the upcoming Kia plant and the Korean diaspora there and I thought it would be appropriate to post it here.
I have heard of Korean restaurants and atleast 1 supermarket catering to Koreans opening near Penukonda. I am a big fan of Korean cuisine and would like to explore these on my way even if it means adding a couple of hours to the trip.

Does anybody have any information regarding these? A simple Google search was not very helpful. Would appreciate quick answers as I am planning a trip in a couple of weeks' time.
Old 1st October 2018, 08:17   #1580
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by revvenant View Post
I have heard of Korean restaurants and atleast 1 supermarket catering to Koreans opening near Penukonda. I am a big fan of Korean cuisine and would like to explore these on my way even if it means adding a couple of hours to the trip.

Does anybody have any information regarding these? A simple Google search was not very helpful. Would appreciate quick answers as I am planning a trip in a couple of weeks' time.
A few pages back, a link to the location of a Korean store was posted. Posting a link to the reply:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4407940 (Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries)
Aiel is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st October 2018, 12:48   #1581
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aiel View Post
A few pages back, a link to the location of a Korean store was posted. Posting a link to the reply:
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4407940 (Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries)
Many thanks dear friend. Appreciate you taking the time to point out something which I should have been able to find on my own with a little more diligence.
Old 8th October 2018, 10:57   #1582
BHPian

I was wondering if anyone had any info on speed limits and speed-enforcement on Hyderabad's ORR.

For example, do they time you from entry to exit and determine if you have exceeded speed limits?

Or, do they have police interceptors on the road?

Cheers
Old 8th October 2018, 12:19   #1583
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tilt View Post
I was wondering if anyone had any info on speed limits and speed-enforcement on Hyderabad's ORR.

For example, do they time you from entry to exit and determine if you have exceeded speed limits?

Or, do they have police interceptors on the road?

Cheers
In addition to speeding,one can get fined for lane indiscipline as well and the cops on the ORR are pretty strict about both,iirc there are about 6-8 patrol vehicles now.Lanes 1 & 2 are for light vehicles.Lanes 3 & 4 are for heavy vehicles.So wrong lanes also can get one into trouble.The speed limit is set at 100kph and the overspeeding fine is between INR 1000 & INR 1400.No checking on exit times,there are mobile interceptors only (about 8 of them at last count)
ranjitp1 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 19:16   #1584
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
In addition to speeding,one can get fined for lane indiscipline as well and the cops on the ORR are pretty strict about both,iirc there are about 6-8 patrol vehicles now.Lanes 1 & 2 are for light vehicles.Lanes 3 & 4 are for heavy vehicles...
Are bikes allowed on the ORR? If not, how will someone riding from Bangalore reach Gachibowli?
Old 9th December 2018, 19:27   #1585
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
Are bikes allowed on the ORR? If not, how will someone riding from Bangalore reach Gachibowli?
No, bikes are not allowed on ORR.

You can take the service road that runs next to ORR. Apart from speed breakers, vehicles coming in opposite direction would be something to look out for.

The other option is to take a diversion at the airport and take the PV Express highway to Mehdipatnam. You’ll have to ride through city traffic from there to Gachibowli. It’s not very painful though.
shifu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th December 2018, 21:06   #1586
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
When you reach the Toll Gate of the ORR from the Bangalore Side, look to the left. There will be a lane branching out.

That will take you into the service road of the ORR. After about 8-9 kilometers you will see the ORR enter a part between two hills. That area might be a little confusing as your road will move away from the ORR towards the Himayat Sagar.
It will rejoin the ORR soon enough.

Do note that once you enter the service road there are absolutely no petrol bunks on that stretch.
So have enough fuel for at least 50 odd kilometers in the bike.

Actually there is a petrol bunk somewhere around the halfway point on a perpendicular road but you will need to look for it and its not worth the hassle.
bblost is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th January 2019, 16:42   #1587
BHPian

Completed a drive to Hyderabad and back in my Ecosport. We started from HSR on Saturday (12th Jan) morning at 4AM and reached Shamshabad ORR entrance by 1PM. This included a breakfast stop at Ananthapur, refueling at Dhone BP COCO bunk and restroom break at Food Pyramid. Actual drive time was ~8hrs.

On the return we departed yesterday at 5:30PM from Miyapur and reached home at 3AM earlier today. A half an hour break for dinner at Hangout outside Kurnool was followed by a tyre problem. The rear left tyre lost half the air by the time we reached Ananthapur at 10:30PM. Lost a fair bit of time searching for air filling stations in petrol bunks and in the town. Suspecting a puncture, we got it replaced with the spare at Maruru toll plaza where we finally found a repair shop open on Ananthapur side. Sleep was pounding me already. Thanked my cousin who accompanied us for sharing the driving responsibility when I could no longer continue.

Observations
* The road condition is excellent as always for the most part. You'll encounter small rough patches but they are very few.
* Encountered a couple of diversions after Kurnool during our onward journey to Hyderabad. Brand new surface was being laid on the Kurnool direction. We used this surface on the return journey and it was smooth as butter although margins and division markers were yet to be painted.
* Lot of new restaurants have opened up on the highway. Last time I'd been around 6 months back, I don't remember seeing those many options. Still we tried local eateries near Penukonda. Piping hot idlies with furiously hot chutney just made my day. Hangout restaurant, where we dined during our return journey was nice as well. Had well maintained and clean restrooms. Chilli cheese sandwich was fantastic. Hot chocolate was a surprise too, it was actually good. Was expecting Bournvita
* Skipped Devanahalli, Pullur and Raikal tolls on Hyderabad side and saved a few bucks. Hehe!
* FasTag worked flawlessly at all plazas on both directions. We encountered little or no queues except at Jadcherla toll while going to Hyderabad. The new refurbished Raikal toll plaza accepts FasTag on all the lines. More tolls to follow suit I think.
* The speed breakers in Bangalore direction, especially after Ananthapur till Lepakshi and again after Chikballapur till Devanahalli toll are a major irritant. I lost count of the number of occasions I had to brake sharply. The speed breaker warning boards are either missing or too near to the humps therefore giving us very little time. Barricades with radium stickers found in Telangana till Kurnool are so much better. They are visible from afar and give us ample time to slow down.

On a whole this highway is still one of the best in the country I believe. NHAI just needs to iron out a few issues like placement of speed breakers, equipping FasTag on all lines at tolls.

Last edited by strawhat : 16th January 2019 at 16:53.
strawhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 22:30   #1588
Senior - BHPian

Speed breakers I think NHAI has no control.
Both Dhone and Garladene town has a set of 3 at all the intersection to their towns.
I still feel dedicated fast tag lane is better. Raikal toll plaza all are fast tag enabled but the regular vehicles also ply and that delays our progress. Either 2 or 3 lane like at Krishnagiri and Thoppur toll are better.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2019, 11:34   #1589
Senior - BHPian

Folks

I am planning to drive to Hyderabad from Bangalore tomorrow. Planning to start by 530 to 6 am. I normally have breakfast after 830, so please suggest something decent and quick around Anantapur. I used to frequent the Reliance A1 dhaba near Penukonda toll gate and enjoy their piping hot idlies, but i am not sure if that is operating now. Blue Moon has good rest rooms, but service is slow.

Somebody was mentioning Penukonda. Any name will be helpful.
Old 23rd March 2019, 13:14   #1590
BHPian

Did Hyderabad - Bangalore - Hyderabad last weekend. Had stopped for lunch at Blue Moon both while going (Saturday) and coming back (Monday). Just a couple of tables were occupied and the service was fast. The items ordered were served within 6 to 8 minutes. However cannot comment on their service speed in the morning. Did not clearly observe the A1 dhaba, but I think it was closed. A stop at Food Pyramid would be too early for you.
Scarlet_Rider is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks