Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries


Reply
 
Search this Thread
Old 2nd March 2022, 14:17   #1876
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 508
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
Hi All, as part of Bangalore-Delhi drive, I am planning to do bangalore to nagpur via hyderabad on the first day. Reading through the previous comments, it looks like there is a genuine scare of speedbreakers. Driving below 80 for the entire duration might not help me achieve the days target. So any advice on where all to be extra cautious related to speed breakers? Are they generally marked ( either on the road or boards) or completely unmarked ?
Just wondering if there are stretches where we can go fast and stretches where we have to go slow?
Thanks in advance
Here is practicality of it. Please dont mistake this as suggestion for reckless driving.
Bangalore-Chikkaballapur - can easily maintain 100 after Devanahalli, there will be some intermittent slow stretches depending on traffic, can follow other traffic, they normally are at these speeds.
After Chikkaballapur upto Anantapur: can gain little more speed. People even touch 120 based on vehicle etc., good surface. may find 3-4 speed breakers, watch out other slowing down vehicles. Small slow down stretch is Kia.
Anantapur and next 20 kms is around 80. even in city bypass, mainly slower speed for merging traffic and wrong side traffic.
Further upto Kurnool similar to previous stretch. Kurnool town, wrong side traffic etc. but wont slow you down except at construction places. easily manageable.
Kurnool onwards, traffic will increase. Potential speed guns, can still try to maintain 100 and slow down where are there are random 60 kmph boards. These are speed traps.
After Jadcharla, traffic will further increase all the way upto Hyderabad ORR.
Shadnagar bypass limit is 80. Hyderabad ORR limit is 100 for 2 right lanes.
Overall, you can maintain ~100 speed for most stretch. speed breakers are not that bad, just be aware that there are places, and be on a lookout for other vehicles particularly at major junctions.

Some speed breakers that I remember easily are
after chikkaballapur BP COCO, there is a downward slope.
After entering AP, after Penukonda by pass if I remember right, at the turning for Puttaparthi.
Near Kia
At Pennar river
One or two other minor ones which I dont remember.
sriturl is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd March 2022, 08:13   #1877
Distinguished - BHPian
 
arun_josie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 3,520
Thanked: 11,334 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
Just wondering if there are stretches where we can go fast and stretches where we have to go slow?
Thanks in advance
Based on my observation, speed breakers are more till Ananthapur, beyond that it is very less. Most of these speed breakers are before any intersection or while crossing any small town, so just be cautious while you approach such spots.
arun_josie is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:07   #1878
Distinguished - BHPian
 
itwasntme's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: BANGALORE
Posts: 5,954
Thanked: 9,908 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

BLR-HYD to be made 6-laned
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/90361786.cms

Good news! Should be easier to construct as the current alignment is relatively less built-up.

Last edited by itwasntme : 22nd March 2022 at 11:08.
itwasntme is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:16   #1879
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,091
Thanked: 8,727 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Drove to Hyderabad on Friday and returned on Sunday. I started around 8am on either of the legs of the trip and didn't see any Interceptor or speed checks being conducted, except near Shell bunk Devanahalli.

Roads are excellent throughout. Even the service roads within Kurnool, where they're building flyovers, is in very good shape while going towards Hyderabad. On the return leg and the same spot, there's a 100m stretch with big potholes which has to be negotiated carefully.

Lunch breaks were taken at Food Pyramid (Kothakota) on Friday and Kritunga (Kurnool) on Sunday. Both the places were clean and busy!

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
BLR-HYD to be made 6-laned
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/90361786.cms

Good news! Should be easier to construct as the current alignment is relatively less built-up.
I have been travelling on this route every year, for the past 7 years now. Never felt the road was inadequate for the volume of traffic plying on it. The only stretch that feels busy is between Jedcharla and Shamshabad. This 6-lane effort would future-proof this route.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd March 2022 at 11:21.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2022, 11:18   #1880
BHPian
 
chakri400's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 201
Thanked: 152 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
BLR-HYD to be made 6-laned
https://bangaloremirror.indiatimes.c...w/90361786.cms

Good news! Should be easier to construct as the current alignment is relatively less built-up.
This is good news, indeed! More than adding lanes, removing bottlenecks is the need of the hour. Signal-free, median-free highways is what we need. Today, 40kmph/60kmph speed limits at every median is slowing down traffic and that, in turn, increases travel time. Another problem I see is: small/medium businesses, hotels, restaurants, shops coming up right on the edge of the highway. This forces traffic to slow down.

Last edited by chakri400 : 22nd March 2022 at 11:20.
chakri400 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 06:54   #1881
Senior - BHPian
 
jkrishnakj's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 1,514
Thanked: 3,272 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Drove to Hyd yesterday morning. Nothing unusual, except that I noticed TS traffic police hiding between bushes with a speed camera, right inside the divider. Between Kathakota turn-off and Jadcherla, I saw in two such places.

The TS traffic police is rather innovative I must say. I wish I had a Dashcam. I could not click a picture of this setup because I was driving.
jkrishnakj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2022, 21:17   #1882
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: KA-03
Posts: 508
Thanked: 79 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Drove to Hyd yesterday morning. Nothing unusual, except that I noticed TS traffic police hiding between bushes with a speed camera, right inside the divider. Between Kathakota turn-off and Jadcherla, I saw in two such places.

The TS traffic police is rather innovative I must say. I wish I had a Dashcam. I could not click a picture of this setup because I was driving.
That is typically at a place where the speed limit would be randomly marked 60 or 40. I was startled to see them for a moment. Its actually dangerous. I recently cleared fines with the discount option. You can see if you got something and clear them.
I thought they stopped doing that because last two trips I havent seen them doing that.
sriturl is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th March 2022, 21:08   #1883
BHPian
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 910
Thanked: 505 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by chakri400 View Post
This is good news, indeed! More than adding lanes, removing bottlenecks is the need of the hour. Signal-free, median-free highways is what we need. Today, 40kmph/60kmph speed limits at every median is slowing down traffic and that, in turn, increases travel time. Another problem I see is: small/medium businesses, hotels, restaurants, shops coming up right on the edge of the highway. This forces traffic to slow down.
Correct. What is need is expressways, fully barricaded so that we don't have to see speed limit going down from 80 to 40 kmph every 5 mins on every villages. Something like Bangalore-Chennai expressway being built which is greenfield project with new route.
shamanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 17:45   #1884
BHPian
 
Join Date: Dec 2021
Location: HYDERABAD
Posts: 54
Thanked: 123 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sayoojl View Post
Hi All, as part of Bangalore-Delhi drive, I am planning to do bangalore to nagpur via hyderabad on the first day. Reading through the previous comments, it looks like there is a genuine scare of speedbreakers. Driving below 80 for the entire duration might not help me achieve the days target. So any advice on where all to be extra cautious related to speed breakers? Are they generally marked ( either on the road or boards) or completely unmarked ?
Just wondering if there are stretches where we can go fast and stretches where we have to go slow?
Thanks in advance
Hi!
I have done Bangalore to Amritsar (Punjab) solo in 1992 on my Kawasaki Bajaj KB 100, plus several other long distance solo and gang bike rides.
I have also done Bangalore to Hyderabad and Hyderabad to Nagpur in 4- wheelers innumerable times over the years. Hence, I believe I'm reasonably qualified to chip in here:

Your query regarding speeds-
1. Speed breakers on your stretch are well marked.
2. You can expect to maintain 70km average speed, if you keep 100kmph as max speed.

Free Advice-
1. Biking needs you to take breaks BEFORE you are tired and not when you feel tired. Hence a break every 55 min for 5 min to check your bike, pee and hydrate will greatly help in keeping fresh.
2. Monotony (= sleep inducer) can be reduced by varying speeds, waving at motorists and truckers and other innovative means.
3. That bum of yours is going to be a trifle annoyed at end of the day; so prepare for it.
4. Balance and secure your backpack well as it can be quite an annoyance if it keeps shifting due to improper securing.
5. If you limit your drive to 5 to 6 hours daily, you will enjoy your drive more.

Wish you great luck buddy
ColAjayDrives is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th April 2022, 13:07   #1885
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 41
Thanked: 13 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Thanks for all the advices. I managed to do Bangalore-Nagpur in about 15 hrs. Started from Bellandur at 5am. Reached Hyderabad ORR entry around 1230 and Nagpur before 8pm. As mentioned in earlier threads, multiple speed breakers before Ananthpur. After that mostly rumble strips kind of. Most of them are marked or have warning signs and hence was able to spot them. Roads are moslty good throughout.
sayoojl is offline  
Old 28th April 2022, 16:02   #1886
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Have the toll rates gone up between BLR-HYD? Planning to drive this weekend.
maheshsm12 is offline  
Old 28th April 2022, 21:03   #1887
Distinguished - BHPian
 
androdev's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: bangalore
Posts: 2,745
Thanked: 15,300 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by maheshsm12 View Post
Have the toll rates gone up between BLR-HYD? Planning to drive this weekend.
I would worry more about speeding tickets. Have really come to hate driving in TS. They have gone mental with speed cameras.
androdev is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 08:05   #1888
BHPian
 
Join Date: Apr 2019
Location: Bangalore
Posts: 27
Thanked: 11 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I would worry more about speeding tickets. Have really come to hate driving in TS. They have gone mental with speed cameras.
That's also there in BLR, speeding tickets within the city on ORR is a big revenue generator for BTP.
The speed limit is 80kmph on BLR-HYD route?. They make good highways and expect to drive at 80
maheshsm12 is offline  
Old 22nd May 2022, 08:50   #1889
BHPian
 
Join Date: Jun 2021
Location: BLR,CCU
Posts: 56
Thanked: 55 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi all, the post is slightly offtopic as it doesn't directly deal with route queries. I am about to take a hyd-blr trip and was checking the TS police site to double check any pending speed ticket. I saw two tickets with my vehicle number but surprisingly when i checked the images both are for a car with different make and model. I am thinking that someone is driving with a fake number plate with my number. Pls suggest what should be done in this case to avoid any future legal trouble. Thanks in advance
P.S. My car is KA registered

Last edited by bong_voyager : 22nd May 2022 at 08:51. Reason: Updated post
bong_voyager is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 09:14   #1890
Distinguished - BHPian
 
ashis89's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Bengaluru
Posts: 3,091
Thanked: 8,727 Times
Default Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by bong_voyager View Post
Hi all, the post is slightly offtopic as it doesn't directly deal with route queries. I am about to take a hyd-blr trip and was checking the TS police site to double check any pending speed ticket. I saw two tickets with my vehicle number but surprisingly when i checked the images both are for a car with different make and model. I am thinking that someone is driving with a fake number plate with my number. Pls suggest what should be done in this case to avoid any future legal trouble. Thanks in advance
P.S. My car is KA registered
There's an option (or there used to be) to raise dispute against any challan in their system. Please raise a dispute and explain your reason for dispute. They would take it down.

PS: TS police is known to stop out-station cars from time to time and look for pending challan in their system. If found, the driver is asked to pay it on the stop before moving on. In such case, carry all your vehicle documents to dispute the challan.

Last edited by ashis89 : 22nd May 2022 at 09:17.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Reply

Most Viewed
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Copyright 2000 - 2022, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks