Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th July 2023, 19:12   #1966
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Potholes have appeared in the road from Bangalore to Hyderabad, especially post Kurnool. Most of them are surface layer deep ( couple of inches) but in the last 60 kms, some of holes are much deeper and wider. Must be the recent rains which was battering the region. Even the Hyderabad ORR has some potholes.
I was about to type this. Did the drive on Friday, there are very few and not so disturbing potholes before Jadcherla. But after Bhoothpur there are lot of these popping up for next few kms. Have to keep an eye out for some of them, most of them I felt harmless and was able to go over them without any issues. The last drive I did on this route was in first week of June and there were hardly any holes. If just one month of rains did this then we should be worried what will happen in next couple of months
Revvatron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th July 2023, 17:18   #1967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
I was about to type this. Did the drive on Friday, there are very few and not so disturbing potholes before Jadcherla. But after Bhoothpur there are lot of these popping up for next few kms.
Between Bhuthpur and Jadcherla there is a small stretch of highway for about 7 to 8 kms diversion into two lane traffic for a bridge construction on the opposite lane work is going on for almost a pretty year I suppose. Early morning traffic from Kurnool towards Hyderabad is getting stuck due to this dual lane road.

If anyone gets stuck in the traffic jam at this stretch can as well take the road from Bhuthpur towards Mahbubnagar it is four laned road and before Mahbubnagar there is a bypass which connects to Mahbubnagar-Hyderabad highway at Yenugonda and that is also four laned upto Jadcherla.
It maybe 10kms extra than waiting the traffic jam to get cleared.
Last time I travelled there was a truck breakdown in this stretch and I used this route.

Kurnool and Dhone bypass all the flyovers are complete.

Last edited by gajadonga : 26th July 2023 at 17:20.
gajadonga is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 09:50   #1968
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
Potholes have appeared in the road from Bangalore to Hyderabad, especially post Kurnool. Most of them are surface layer deep ( couple of inches) but in the last 60 kms, some of holes are much deeper and wider. Must be the recent rains which was battering the region. Even the Hyderabad ORR has some potholes.
On the return leg too, the potholes are very much present before Kurnool. But unlike the other side of the road, they're mostly top surface deep and not beyond. The two diversions mentioned in the above posts are also very long ones and take time to cover due to slow moving trucks.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_2707.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_2686.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_2690.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_26881.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_2693.jpg  

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-img_2703.jpg  

ashis89 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2023, 20:53   #1969

Drove from Hyderabad to Bangalore today. Was planning a 5:30 am start but got delayed and left Miyapur by 6:30 am. Surprisingly didn't run into either truck traffic or local traffic between Hyderabad to Kurnool. Had truck traffic around Anantapur so wondering if this is a window where trucks already left the city and day traffic hadn't yet started.

Experienced only 2 diversions (both ways traffic on 1 side) and that too minimal inconvenience. Potholes can be spotted early and avoided easily but aren't large enough to cause disturbance even if you drive over them.

Noticed a LOT of restaurants have come up on this highway. There's a minerva coffee shop/blue fox (DriveNation) about 50km before food pyramid when going from Hyderabad. Didn't have food but coffee and washrooms were good. Lots of Udipi joints all long the way which looked pretty good from outside so travelers may not need to precisely plan break points anymore.

Stopped at Vivaha bhojanambu for lunch. Good place.

Sedate 80-100 speed and reached BTM by 6:15pm - 2+ hrs from Dhalli to BTM :(

Last edited by Axe77 : 3rd August 2023 at 21:42. Reason: Typos, short forms etc. Please do not use unnecessary short forms while posting. Thank you.
Paddy19 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th August 2023, 17:29   #1970
BHPian

Did Hyderabad to Bangalore on 02 August 2023.

Started around 5 am and reached in about 11 hours. Drove solo.
Total distance: 570 km.

@Ashis89 is bang on. Pot holes and diversions sometimes make for tough, slow going. Even if skin deep (top layer deep) - these potholes mean you have very little time to check the mirror before swerving to avoid them. Your alternative is to brake heard and resign yourself to some bumps. Or you swear at truck drivers suddenly swinging widely in front of you - before realizing they were doing that too avoid the potholes.

That said, the scenery is awesome, and Karnataka roads are by far better that those in Telengana.

The Indian Oil COCO pump at Kurnool, at least when I visited it, was accepting only cash.

@vnabhi mentioned (Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries) above that "several mobile vans offering hot idly-wada-dosa for breakfast" have popped up recently on the road. I can vouch for that - very good breakfast options on the road.

@MustangBoss mentioned Hyderbad Chefs. I would just like to add that the HC Cafe and Irani Chai House - an extension of the HC above - makes absolutely great Irani chai!!

I had some sumptuous idli at Annapurna Devi Brahmin Restaurant. Very good food, quiet place and good washrooms.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-annapurna.jpg

I was going to Mahadevapura and I realized, reading posts above, that I could take the Hoskote detour to avoid some city traffic. What I had not known is that there is a road that deviates from Kururabarakunte, and while part of the road is recommended by GMaps, that road actually stretches a long way that, as of date of posting (06 August 2023), does not even show up on Google yet.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-take-route.jpg

See below for details.

This is the route .. give or take a few turns .. that Gmaps recommends.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-google-rec-route.jpg

And this is my timeline route.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-timeline.jpg

So what Google doesn't show (yet) is that the road actually continues past Sulibele - 3x2 lanes of well paved highway. I took right at Chikkahullur but you can continue further and take a right towards Kolathur. When I was driving, GMaps was moving my dot literally over fields and water and hillocks at 90 kmph!!

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-google-rec-edit.jpg

Anyway, this was my favourite pic from the route:

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-favourite.jpg

Cheers!
-Rogue Robot
RogueRobot is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 7th August 2023, 12:33   #1971
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRobot View Post
Did Hyderabad to Bangalore on 02 August 2023.

I was going to Mahadevapura and I realized, reading posts above, that I could take the Hoskote detour to avoid some city traffic. What I had not known is that there is a road that deviates from Kururabarakunte, and while part of the road is recommended by GMaps, that road actually stretches a long way that, as of date of posting (06 August 2023), does not even show up on Google yet.

Attachment 2486372

-Rogue Robot
The road you have mentioned is the new bypass road that starts on the outskirts of Devanahalli and goes upto Hoskote. Is that road open?
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 08:33   #1972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
The road you have mentioned is the new bypass road that starts on the outskirts of Devanahalli and goes upto Hoskote. Is that road open?
Hello gajadonga,

Yes, that's the one, and it is open.

This is what the approach looks like.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hoskote-bypass-1.jpg

Take the complete left turn instead of taking the left-and-straight. See below.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hoskote-bypass-2.jpg

After a while you got to leave the service road and climb on to the main bypass road.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hoskote-bypass-3.jpg

And you emerge on to this awesome road.
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-hoskote-bypass-4.jpg

Cheers!
-Rogue Robot
RogueRobot is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th August 2023, 12:23   #1973
BHPian

Quote:
Hello gajadonga,

Yes, that's the one, and it is open.

This is what the approach looks like.
Attachment 2487691

And you emerge on to this awesome road.
Attachment 2487694

Cheers!
-Rogue Robot
Hi,

I usually travel to Whitefields and Gmaps takes me through the approach road in first image you showed. But there is a right turn onto NH-104. But I would prefer to avoid that route as maps takes me through single dirt roads with potholes. Also there is a little bit of traffic in that area. Planning to go through Hoskote this time.

The second image with highway, is it NH-648?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-route-map.png  

Last edited by Revvatron : 9th August 2023 at 12:39.
Old 9th August 2023, 13:42   #1974
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi,

I usually travel to Whitefields and Gmaps takes me through the approach road in first image you showed. But there is a right turn onto NH-104. But I would prefer to avoid that route as maps takes me through single dirt roads with potholes. Also there is a little bit of traffic in that area. Planning to go through Hoskote this time.
That was my old route to bypass Banglore as Budigere became busy and many speed breakers around I switched over to the Hoskote route. My feeling if you take the new bypass road from Devanahalli you will cross Hoskote town and join the Chennai - Banglore highway.
Old 9th August 2023, 15:09   #1975
BHPian

Quote:
My feeling if you take the new bypass road from Devanahalli you will cross Hoskote town and join the Chennai - Banglore highway.
So you mean to take the bypass from Kurubarakunte which Roguerobot mentioned in his first image, follow it up on route 648 and join Hoskote correct? Or is there a different bypass near Devanahalli?
Old 9th August 2023, 15:55   #1976
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So you mean to take the bypass from Kurubarakunte which Roguerobot mentioned in his first image, follow it up on route 648 and join Hoskote correct? Or is there a different bypass near Devanahalli?
Its the same route that is mentioned route 648 till Sulibele from there a diffrent alignment to reach Hoskote when the bypass is complete.
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2023, 10:38   #1977
BHPian

Quote:
Its the same route that is mentioned route 648 till Sulibele from there a diffrent alignment to reach Hoskote when the bypass is complete.
This is exactly right. NH 648 till Sulibele and continue straight on.
Old 10th August 2023, 18:46   #1978
BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly right. NH 648 till Sulibele and continue straight on.
Since that part of route is not showing on Gmaps yet, when you took that route did it show up on maps while driving(re-route) or you were on you own
Old 10th August 2023, 18:51   #1979
BHPian

Quote:
Since that part of route is not showing on Gmaps yet, when you took that route did it show up on maps while driving(re-route) or you were on you own
I was on my own. I had wanted to reach Hoskote, and before I approached that point (I was coming from Hyderabad) I had seen that little slip of white. I thought, what the heck, let's take this route, it looks good, then we'll see.

My plan was to take right from Sulibele and follow NH 648, but lady luck was smiling, it would seem.
Old 11th August 2023, 01:45   #1980

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy19 View Post
Drove from Hyderabad to Bangalore today.
Update from the return trip on Aug 10:
1. Left Devanahalli at 10.15 amd reached Miyapur by 8pm.
2. More pot holes on the BLR-HYD side. Saw in many places they were being filled. Didn't slow us down considerably.
3. Stopped at one of the udipi hotels at a petrol bunk after Kurnool. Looked good from outside but pretty sad inside so only had tea.
4. One diversion after jadcherla took 15-20 min, and a traffic jam just before getting onto orr due to bridge construction added another 20 min or so.
5. Got a speeding challan at boothpur when going to Blr so try to keep an eye on speed limits.
Paddy19 is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks