Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th September 2023, 21:36   #2011
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Thank you for the update.
How does one get onto STRR at Hoskote? (while coming from KRPuram side, destination is Hyderabad highway)
Is the exit on Old Madras road? Or is the exit on Hoskote-Chintamani-Madanapalle?
There are 2 ways.

1. Get on the Chintamani road, but take the fork to Jangamakote road that takes you to the Indian Institute of Astrophysics building and then to the eway. The road is broken for a few kms

2. Get on the Chintamanai road, but continue along Chintamani road until you see the green board to Devanahalli. It connects you to the same point, but better road and may be a km or two more.

The exit when coming from Devanahalli is on the Hoskote-Jangamakote road, from where you can take a right or go a little ahead to meet chintamani road and then return to HOskote or do neither and join the Bangalore - Chennai OMR
airguitar is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th September 2023, 22:34   #2012
BHPian

This is the route I followed to get on the STRR and back
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20230911_091716.jpg
mtnrajdeep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 16:55   #2013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
How long did you take from Hyderabad to Devanahalli this time any new
updates on the highway?
I reached the Nandi Upachar turning to the new bypass around 13:25, after starting from Hyderabad at 05:50. We took a couple of breaks for breakfast and coffee between Kurnool and Gutturu, which were of 40 minutes duration combined.

The highway just after Shamshabad had a small detour of 200 meters, and between Jadcherla and Kurnool had a couple of 1 km stretches where opposite traffic was allowed on our lane with plastic medians placed.

Traffic was less between Kurnool and KIA factory, but the road surface was not as smooth as it used to be 5 years ago. The original smoothness of the road is only seen after crossing the KA border, all the way till Devanahalli.

I'm planning to return middle of this week to Hyderabad with a start around 5:30 to 6:00 AM. Please suggest a good bunk to fill in diesel before I cross the border to AP. Also what place to stop for breakfast around 8 to 8:30 AM---I guess I'll be between Bagepalli and Ananthapur by that time.
Old 18th September 2023, 14:42   #2014
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
. Bridges/Flyovers are just 2 lane and some exits like the one towards Hyderabad was justa narrow gap in the service road divider with no markings.
Can you please elaborate on where the narrow gap is on the service road divider? I might take this route midweek to Hyderabad from Sarjapur Road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
d.

I'm planning to return middle of this week to Hyderabad with a start around 5:30 to 6:00 AM. Please suggest a good bunk to fill in diesel before I cross the border to AP. Also what place to stop for breakfast around 8 to 8:30 AM---I guess I'll be between Bagepalli and Ananthapur by that time.
Awaiting information as requested above.
Old 18th September 2023, 19:02   #2015
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Can you please elaborate on where the narrow gap is on the service road divider? I might take this route midweek to Hyderabad from Sarjapur Road.

Awaiting information as requested above.
There is a jio bp gas station half way to the airport. That would be my choice.
Red Liner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 22:00   #2016
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As Red Liner suggested, look out for the Jio BP bunk before Bagepalli, which is open 24 hours.
Edit: here's the location https://maps.app.goo.gl/pBHhHbxDeW2bHW3FA?g_st=ic

For breakfast, I would recommend Cube Stop, about 30 kms before Anantapur. Very neat with ample parking and clean washrooms. As an alternative and if I am in a hurry, I prefer the food truck near Paradise Anantapur.

Last edited by ashis89 : 18th September 2023 at 22:09.
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2023, 22:07   #2017
BHPian

Quote:
You need to skip the exit marked for Devanahalli. After a couple of km you will notice a direction board for Hyderabad (I think on the median). Exit comes up soon after that. If you slow down and be on left lane as soon as you spot the Hyderabad direction board, you shod be fine.

Once you reach the Hyderabad highway, you need to join the highway towards Bangalore and immediately take a u turn to go towards Hyderabad.

Hope this helps.
Old 19th September 2023, 10:18   #2018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
You need to skip the exit marked for Devanahalli. After a couple of km you will notice a direction board for Hyderabad (I think on the median). Exit comes up soon after that. If you slow down and be on left lane as soon as you spot the Hyderabad direction board, you shod be fine.

Once you reach the Hyderabad highway, you need to join the highway towards Bangalore and immediately take a u turn to go towards Hyderabad.

Hope this helps.
Thanks for your prompt response. As regards the exit from the bypass to merge with the Hyd Blr highway, does one have to be on the left and go on the service road, instead of the main lane? As far as I remember, the main lane becomes a flyover that goes over the Hyd Blr highway.

Assuming that I am on the service road on the left, does it have a right turn below the flyover to merge with the Blr highway?

But going by what you have stated, it looks like one needs to turn right from the main lane itself, through a gap in the median. And then take the same service road that I had taken in the opposite direction last week while driving to Blr from Hyd. And finally take a left on the Hyd Blr highway and take the first U turn to go towards Hyderabad.
Old 19th September 2023, 10:54   #2019
BHPian

Quote:
But going by what you have stated, it looks like one needs to turn right from the main lane itself, through a gap in the median. And then take the same service road that I had taken in the opposite direction last week while driving to Blr from Hyd. And finally take a left on the Hyd Blr highway and take the first U turn to go towards Hyderabad.
You need to exit just before the flyover over Hyderabad highway. Service Road joins Bangalore side road and then there is a u turn almost immediately.

You need to be on left side to exit from STRR to service road.
Old 29th September 2023, 16:40   #2020
BHPian

How is the pothole situation now on NH 44?
Old 29th September 2023, 18:48   #2021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwidFE View Post
In my commute last month, most of the potholes were getting filled. There were a few but nothing serious to slow you down, nothing to worry about. Assuming that you are referring only BLR-HYD stretch. Not sure what was the effect of recent rains on those patched up holes.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2023, 10:32   #2022
BHPian

The new STRR route is now showing up on Google maps. From ITPL, the distance reduces by 6 km (till Nandi Hills road) compared to route via Hebbal. Travel Time too should reduce by about 30 minutes.
Old 4th October 2023, 19:56   #2023
BHPian

Has anyone covered this route during night recently, I might run into situation next week to do this during night. Would like to know about eateries, although i won't eat but would try to stop for tea/snacks. The one I usually stop is Hangout restaurant at Kurnool but don't think it will be open during night/early morning hours. Also anything to watch out for?

Last edited by Revvatron : 4th October 2023 at 19:57.
Old 8th October 2023, 10:40   #2024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
In my commute last month, most of the potholes were getting filled. There were a few but nothing serious to slow you down, nothing to worry about. Assuming that you are referring only BLR-HYD stretch. Not sure what was the effect of recent rains on those patched up holes.
Most of the potholes have indeed been patched up on both BLR-HYD and HYD-BLR directions. However, the rumbler strip and speedbreaker situation is HORRIBLE. 9 out of 10 strips are normal, but there will be one surprise with pointy edged concrete speed breakers that will shake the life out of the suspension 🥲
powerwidFE is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2023, 21:17   #2025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwidFE View Post
I did HYD-BLR-HYD over the October 2nd long weekend.

Roads are butter smooth in the Telangana section from Hyderabad to Kurnool and vice versa. Between Kurnool and Anantpur, roads are not as smooth, though nothing to worry about. There are few patched up potholes which keep coming but you can go over them without a hiccup. Anantpur to Bengaluru airport and vice-versa, again butter smooth roads.

Within Bengaluru your spine will be tested! We went to our friend's place in Bellandur and it was some bumpy ride.
Dosojin is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks