Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th August 2023, 20:14   #1981
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy19 View Post
Update from the return trip on Aug 10:
5. Got a speeding challan at boothpur when going to Blr so try to keep an eye on speed limits.
Speed marked is 80kmph. And what speed you fined ? Did you spot any police patrol with radar ? I didnt find any static radars on NH.
Old 12th August 2023, 20:43   #1982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogueRobot View Post
This is exactly right. NH 648 till Sulibele and continue straight on.
Did the drive on Friday and took the bypass before Devanahalli and the route is amazing and also saves time. As you said gmaps is not showing that. But took a right to Hoskote rather than going till Chikkahallur which was not a good idea. The route is filled with pot holes. But does save same kms and also traffic is sparse.
This was the sign that prompted me to leave the bypass
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20230811200111__01.jpg  

Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2023, 21:56   #1983

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Speed marked is 80kmph. And what speed you fined ? Did you spot any police patrol with radar ? I didnt find any static radars on NH.
The challan said I was doing 92 in a 60 speed zone. Might be as I was approaching or passing a junction. I didn't notice a patrol car at the time but angle of the photo in challan is from the kerb side and not median so must have been a patrol car.
Paddy19 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 09:02   #1984
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paddy19 View Post
The challan said I was doing 92 in a 60 speed zone. Might be as I was approaching or passing a junction. I didn't notice a patrol car at the time but angle of the photo in challan is from the kerb side and not median so must have been a patrol car.
Can you advise on an 80kmph speed, at what speed usually police picks up a penalty ? I usually drive in this stretch not more than 85kmph even if it's absolute empty and didn't find any fixed radars but yes, several police patrols in brown TUVs I guess or Innovas.
Old 13th August 2023, 10:05   #1985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrozed View Post
Can you advise on an 80kmph speed, at what speed usually police picks up a penalty ? I usually drive in this stretch not more than 85kmph even if it's absolute empty and didn't find any fixed radars but yes, several police patrols in brown TUVs I guess or Innovas.
I got a challan at 80kmph zone as I was traveling at 91. This was near jadcherla and it wasn't any junction. You will get challan even for 85kmph.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 10:22   #1986
Distinguished - BHPian

I remember earlier I used to get traffic challans very routinely from "automated" cameras mounted in the median. Off late, I am not receiving any challans even though I am doing the same speeds, about 90-ish - like the rest of the traffic on these roads.

Kurnool - Hyd section has a lot of fancy looking camera + battery type of equipment mounted on poles at many junctions. Do these work? I haven't got any challans from these so far.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-cam.jpeg

Do they still have functional automated cameras on this highway?
androdev is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th August 2023, 14:07   #1987
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
I remember earlier I used to get traffic challans very routinely from "automated" cameras mounted in the median. Off late, I am not receiving any challans even though I am doing the same speeds, about 90-ish - like the rest of the traffic on these roads.

Kurnool - Hyd section has a lot of fancy looking camera + battery type of equipment mounted on poles at many junctions. Do these work? I haven't got any challans from these so far.

Attachment 2489448

Do they still have functional automated cameras on this highway?
These are CC cameras for monitoring purpose and not for speed check.
Altrozed is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2023, 12:14   #1988
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Did Hyderabad to Bangalore on 02 August 2023.
Thank you very much for the wonderful update. I was wondering if taking this new bypass will make sense for me as i do drive a couple of times to Bangalore to visit my daugher, who lives near Carmelaram railway station, on the Bellandur to Sarjapur road.

If you think I should try your route, I guess I'll have to turn right on the Blr-Chennai highway after taking a turn at Kolathur. And then take the route via Kadugodi, Hope Farm and Varthur. Am I right? Do you think this will save time? I'd like to avoid the normal route via Golf Club , Cubbon Park, Brigade Road and Silk Board, or even the ring road from Hebbal to Marathahalli via Tin Factory.

Do let me know your thoughts.

This apart, how come people are taking 10 to 11 hours to travel to Blr from Hyd? It took me 8.5 to 9 hours on my last 2 trips over the past year. My daughter and son-in-law took just 8 hours 10 minutes to reach Hyderabad on August 11th, with just a bio-break in between. The only spot they lost about 10 minutes time was near Mahadevpura, due to road diversion and truck traffic at around 5:30 AM. And they were driving the 10-year old Figo 1.4 tdci.

Last edited by ampere : 14th August 2023 at 15:14. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 24th August 2023, 17:33   #1989
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post

This apart, how come people are taking 10 to 11 hours to travel to Blr from Hyd? It took me 8.5 to 9 hours on my last 2 trips over the past year. My daughter and son-in-law took just 8 hours 10 minutes to reach Hyderabad on August 11th, with just a bio-break in between. The only spot they lost about 10 minutes time was near Mahadevpura, due to road diversion and truck traffic at around 5:30 AM. And they were driving the 10-year old Figo 1.4 tdci.
Hi vnabhi,
Apologies for the late reply, I was on vacation last few days.
I am not a local, so I can't comment on the best way to take this route, although, checking GMaps, the Hope Farm - Varthur looks like the best way to go about it.

It took me 11 hours because I took my own sweet time on the route. Stopped multiple times, took pics, came across a herd of deer (a little walking detour away from the highway). In most cases - and if you are only taking a nature break and leaving early enough - I should think 9-10 hours is enough to do the journey.
RogueRobot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 14:44   #1990
BHPian

Quote:
how come people are taking 10 to 11 hours to travel to Blr from Hyd?
I drove recently from HYD to BLR in 10.5 hours door to door, including 3 long breaks, a bottleneck at Shamshabad due to diversions, 60 kmph bumper to bumper traffic between Chikkaballapur and Devanahalli (it was 15th Aug), and BLR city traffic (I stay at Koramangala so have to cross over).

Drive time should still be same as you said, 8-8.5 hrs without overspeeding.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2023, 15:16   #1991
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post
I drove recently from HYD to BLR in 10.5 hours door to door, including 3 long breaks, a bottleneck at Shamshabad due to diversions, 60 kmph bumper to bumper traffic between Chikkaballapur and Devanahalli (it was 15th Aug), and BLR city traffic (I stay at Koramangala so have to cross over).

I travel in this route upto Kurnool quite frequently. I agree that Devanahalli to Chikkaballapur/Bagepalli is getting quite crowded. Its not just on holidays. Its not clear yet whether this stretch would be upgraded as part of the proposed Bangalore - Vijayawada expressway. I see information about the tenders only for the greenfield part from Kodikonda checkpost. If they don't do that, then this will become like that Shadnagar to ORR stretch near Hyderabad.
Old 28th August 2023, 10:12   #1992
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayukh42 View Post

Thanks for the update. At what time did you start on August 15th? My daughter and son-in-law started at 7:30 AM on the same day and reached Marathahalli at 3:30 PM, after a 20-minute halt after Kurnool for breakfast. I guess they escaped the intense traffic between Chikballapur and Devanahalli.
Old 28th August 2023, 12:54   #1993
BHPian

Quote:
At what time did you start on August 15th? ... I guess they escaped the intense traffic between Chikballapur and Devanahalli.
Yes, the bumper to bumper traffic was probably evening onwards. We started at 12:30 pm and reached home at 11 pm, with a lunch break at BP Ghar (COCO) Manopad, and 2 more breaks at the Cube Stops Anantapur and Chikkaballapur.
mayukh42 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 22:57   #1994
BHPian

Anyone travelled between Hyderabad and Kurnool recently? Wanted to know if there are any traffic cameras or checking points as such.

Also, is there anything else other than Food Pyramid inbetween? Thanks in advance.
Old 5th September 2023, 22:01   #1995
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hi vnabhi,
Apologies for the late reply, I was on vacation last few days.
I am not a local, so I can't comment on the best way to take this route, although, checking GMaps, the Hope Farm - Varthur looks like the best way to go about it.

I might be traveling this weekend and have a few questions on the new route that you discovered.

1. Where does one turn left to get on to the Sulibele route---is it at Kurubarakunte or at Devanahalli? The picture that was posted does not indicate the place to take the left turn.

2. As you were going to Mahadevpura, did you save time and stress by taking that new route? I do know how horrible it is on the normal route via Hebbal and the ring road.

3. After you merge onto the Chittoor BLR highway does one have a free left at any place before KR Puram towards Mahadevpura and the ring road? And does this help in avoiding Tin Factory?

It would be great if you could provide the inputs. I'm really tempted by the pictures you have posted. I might go via Mahadevpura and Marathahalli instead of the Kadugodi Varthur route. Google indicates an addtion of only 7 kms when compared to the normal route via Hebbal and Tin Factory.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by vnabhi : 5th September 2023 at 22:04.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks