Old 10th April 2023, 19:10   #1951
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustang_Boss View Post
I

Note:
- Expect some unexpected and surprising hugee speed breakers in the middle of the road in Andhra pradesh.
- There are minimal to no gas stations in Andhra pradesh, so, get your Tank filled before the above said "shell Gas Station" mentioned above.
Thanks Bro.
Speed breakers can be dealt with carefully since it is a Thar.
Ref Petrol pumps.
My best case scenario is 450km range. Petrol AT Thar. So I will certainly want to fill up at least once en route since this is a 600km drive. Seriously is there such a paucity of gas stations on such an important highway?
Old 10th April 2023, 19:26   #1952
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Ref Petrol pumps
BPCL COCO Dhone (northbound)
IOCL COCO Kurnool (southbound)
BPCL COCO Chikkabalapur
IOCL COCO Shadnagar

First 2 I've filled personally. Other 2 I don't know the direction am just getting from the POIs I've collected, you got to figure them out from Google Maps.
narayans80 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 21:11   #1953
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am planning a drive to Hyderabad this long weekend.
Leaving Friday early morning and returning Sunday.
Plan is to leave at 0430 from HSR and drive straight.
Need decent breakfast and washroom options en route. Also a light lunch option will be good.
Will be staying around Banjara Hills and will do a little loafing inside Hyderabad.
Will plan to leave for Bangalore on Sunday after breakfast. Lunch en route. Want to be back in Bangalore by mid to late afternoon.
What is the driving time I need to plan for?
Relatively sedate driving. 90-110kmph. Mahindra Thar. Me as driver and 2 passengers with light luggage.

Would appreciate any help including an optimum route map from experts.
Airport to airport budget for a 6 hr drive with normal avg speeds of 80-100.I call the Devanahalli to Shamshabad drive a 2+2+2 drive.2hrs to Anantpur,2hrs from there to Kurnool and another 2 hrs to Shamshabad.

From shamshabad head straight and take the PVNRE and you land up in Tolichowki/Mehdipatnam.From thereon the areas are all more or less part of Banjara Hills

Eateries you can find their locations at this link that i have compiled over the years.Last updated in May last year-so give or take maybe a 5-10% error

http://shorturl.at/kvI57

Gmaps link to entry point of Banjara Hills.Depending on where you are headed to in BHills,you would have to adjust your map

https://goo.gl/maps/bo14fmPp4Bzd6qTL6

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 10th April 2023 at 21:16.
ranjitp1 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 22:07   #1954
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I am planning a drive to Hyderabad this long weekend.
Do not take the Hyderabad ORR. Instead opt for the PVNR, which will land you in front of the Sarojini Devi Eye Hospital at Mehdipatnam.

From there Banjara hill is hardly a couple of minutes away.

If you have time, try out the Haleem at Cafe 555 and Biryani at Spice 6.

The map links by https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/members/ranjitp1.html are perfect.

Last edited by bblost : 10th April 2023 at 22:08.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 11:44   #1955
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Bro.
Speed breakers can be dealt with carefully since it is a Thar.
Ref Petrol pumps.
My best case scenario is 450km range. Petrol AT Thar. So I will certainly want to fill up at least once en route since this is a 600km drive. Seriously is there such a paucity of gas stations on such an important highway?
The price difference in petrol between KA and AP is ~16 Rs. Because of which a lot of gas smuggling is happening in this area and also the main reason for very less gas stations in this area for ~100 Kms. You will find some, but, the quality is questionable. IIRC, We even had a thread on this topic.
Old 3rd May 2023, 21:38   #1956
BHPian

[URGENT]

Hi, we're planning to drive from Hyderabad to Hampi tomorrow. Google Maps is deterring us from using the the NH44 saying there's a road closure (note from morning). Wanted to check if anyone may be aware of any incident which may have caused this. The alternate route goes through the SH to Raichur and then on to Hampi; would appreciate feedback on this route as well. Thank you!
Old 3rd May 2023, 22:20   #1957
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
[URGENT]

Hi, we're planning to drive from Hyderabad to Hampi tomorrow. Google Maps is deterring us from using the the NH44 saying there's a road closure (note from morning). Wanted to check if anyone may be aware of any incident which may have caused this. The alternate route goes through the SH to Raichur and then on to Hampi; would appreciate feedback on this route as well. Thank you!
only I could think of is due to elections there might be some rally (may be minister or even PM)in that area, so roads might have been closed as a precautionary measure.
Old 4th May 2023, 13:49   #1958
Senior - BHPian

After the Shamshabad airport exit road towards Shadnagar Flyover construction is going on expect traffic congestion I was stuck for 30 mins in this jam last weekend.
All the flyovers between Veldurthi and Dhone is complete.Even Kurnool bypass is a breeze now.

Last edited by gajadonga : 4th May 2023 at 13:52.
Old 7th May 2023, 02:17   #1959

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
I havent been regular on TBHP off-late so missed this thread.Not sure if you have completed your journey,if not,then this is the way to bypass Bangalore City and connect straight to the highway at Hosur.

Devanahalli-Hoskote-Malur-Bagalur-Hosur (save on a bit of tolls as well)

https://goo.gl/maps/1b7UqbGQmGN4VjvBA

The best way to drive to Kerala from Hyderabad when not on a non-stop drive is to break day 1 at Salem onwards,with a 5am departure from Shamshabad,you should ideally be at Salem by 5pm.If your end destination is towards the south of Kerala then you might be tempted to stretch it to Dindigul which has a few good hotels.

If the destination is towards Thrissur ,Kochi etc,then Salem is ideal.With an early breakfast,you could be home for a late lunch

I have been trying to keep this link updated with all the eateries,like i said have been a little irregular off-late.

https://goo.gl/zKhoZH
Been travelling to kerala quite often from hyderabad and i wanted to take this route but was unsure if the roads were good enough and well lit considering it could be evening/right after dusk that we would be plying on this route. I have a trip coming up next weekend and any help in clarifying this and suggestions for a night halt would be appreciated.
Old 9th May 2023, 12:51   #1960
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gea1313 View Post
Been travelling to kerala quite often from hyderabad and i wanted to take this route but was unsure if the roads were good enough and well lit considering it could be evening/right after dusk that we would be plying on this route. I have a trip coming up next weekend and any help in clarifying this and suggestions for a night halt would be appreciated.
I had travelled last week from Hyderabad to Coimbatore and back.
Devanahalli - Sullibele - Hoskote the road is not in good shape lots of undulations and pot holes and added to that four laning work is also going on.

Hoskote - Chikkatirupathi - Alambadi gate
This stretch is also not in good condition.

Alambadi gate to Hosur
Road is in good condition.

On the way Back took the route Hosur - Malur - Hoskote
Hosur- Malur is in good condition
Malur - Hoskote is average but it is a four lane road with one diversion.

From Hoskote took the route on Old Madras road upto the Decathalon and took the right turn to Budigere and Devanahalli
I am familiar with this route. This route is better then Devanahalli - Sullibele - Hoskote.
Hoskote toll plaza toll has to be paid that is only problem.

Last edited by gajadonga : 9th May 2023 at 12:53.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th July 2023, 11:38   #1961

I travelled to Hyderabad from Bangalore (actually Avalahalli) a couple of days back and the roads were silky smooth. Toll charges (synonym: User Collection Fee ) are slightly on the higher side but the condition of roads would not make you feel cheated.

Started from Bangalore at around 8:30 AM and reached Hitech City by 6 PM with a lunch break of 40 minutes and loo breaks in between.
udidecoy.2302 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 18:49   #1962
Distinguished - BHPian

Friend did BLR-HYD-BLR over the weekend and is mighty irritated with the "infinite" number of rumbler strips and the speed-breakers. A good road surface is one thing, but the kind of rumbler strips that our highways and even city roads have are a pain.
condor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2023, 19:18   #1963
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Friend did BLR-HYD-BLR over the weekend and is mighty irritated with the "infinite" number of rumbler strips and the speed-breakers. A good road surface is one thing, but the kind of rumbler strips that our highways and even city roads have are a pain.
I travel from BLR - HYD - BLR at least 3 times a year , have seen enough accidents that happened because of these illogical rumbler strips. Have personally experienced my car loosing tractions because of them
Gotham is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 02:55   #1964
Distinguished - BHPian

Potholes have appeared in the road from Bangalore to Hyderabad, especially post Kurnool. Most of them are surface layer deep ( couple of inches) but in the last 60 kms, some of holes are much deeper and wider. Must be the recent rains which was battering the region. Even the Hyderabad ORR has some potholes.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd July 2023, 06:46   #1965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
On the way Back took the route Hosur - Malur - Hoskote
Hosur- Malur is in good condition
Malur - Hoskote is average but it is a four lane road with one diversion.
Wow! I did not realise Malur-Hoskote is a 4-lane road! Good to note. Also instead of coming back to Budigere from Malur, you can try the Malur-Sidlagatta-Chikkaballapur option. It bypasses all the pain points. Route Link

Wait for the STRR section to open up and then it makes sense to go via Hoskote-Devanahalli. (Some times. I think it might still be fun to drive via Sidlagatta for the old 2-Lane charm!)

Last edited by ampere : 23rd July 2023 at 06:59.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks