Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th October 2023, 10:12   #2026
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Is there any petrol pump open the whole night on the Blr - Hyd highway towards Hyd? I may need to tank up around 2.00 AM to 3.00 AM (between Gooty and Kurnool ).
Old 10th October 2023, 10:26   #2027
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankan.m.blr View Post
Is there any petrol pump open the whole night on the Blr - Hyd highway towards Hyd? I may need to tank up around 2.00 AM to 3.00 AM (between Gooty and Kurnool ).
The reliance one near Chikaballapur is open 24 hrs. I have filled there a couple of times when I start at 1-2am from home.

https://maps.app.goo.gl/hkUVWjQybBKoLz2M9
ashis89 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 11:19   #2028
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
The reliance one near Chikaballapur is open 24 hrs. I have filled there a couple of times when I start at 1-2am from home.
Assuming that you start from Bangalore at that hours, how is your experience of this night drive to Hyd? Would you recommend it, main concern being the private travels and trucks rash driving.
Old 10th October 2023, 11:42   #2029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
Assuming that you start from Bangalore at that hours, how is your experience of this night drive to Hyd? Would you recommend it, main concern being the private travels and trucks rash driving.
I have started before 4am (or done all night drives) from various cities and hence, this is not specific to Bangalore. Night drives, for me, are very peaceful where I don't find regular local traffic on the roads. Contrary to the opinion, I find truckers to be the most disciplined especially those moving post 10PM. This again is true across states as these long distance truckers move across the length of the country.

A night drive for me is any time between 10PM and 6AM, irrespective of whether I am starting from home or returning home during these times. For night drives, I keep a few things in mind:

1. I do such drives on roads I have known well and travelled a couple of times at least.

2. Be extra vigilant on road - look out for that sleepy soul who might drift across lanes or someone crossing the road in the dark. Steady speed and good headlights are my best friend.

3. Carry enough fuel at all times (refuel previous day if possible).

Considering all the above, Hyderabad - BLR highway has been a safe preferred route for me. One which I take any day any time without second thought and without any planning.

Last edited by ashis89 : 10th October 2023 at 11:55.
ashis89 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th October 2023, 20:28   #2030
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Considering all the above, Hyderabad - BLR highway has been a safe preferred route for me. One which I take any day any time without second thought and without any planning.
The only problems are those rumble stretches around Anantpur. But that apart I agree this section is best done at night. Or a very-very early morning start like 0300/0330 Hrs. Else one needs to budget at least 2 Hrs to reach Devanahalli itself.

Once you take that out of the equation, the rest is like member @RanjitP1 puts it its 2+2+2 Drive between the airports. 2 hr to Ananthpur, 2 for Kurnool and remaining 2 to the Shamshabad.
ampere is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th October 2023, 13:44   #2031
Distinguished - BHPian

All the potholes have been patched up. But the last/first 50 kms while entering/leaving Hyderabad remains a pain. The flyover work at Gandiguda creates a bottleneck and then on everyone is fighting to move ahead by hook or by crook. Yesterday, there was some plantation going on the divider and hence half the lane was blocked at random intervals. On top of it, the general sense of the public helps *sarcasm*

Here, the highway traffic was stagnant for good 5 mins. Later I saw the bus conductor get down and move the bollard dividing the lane slightly to the right so the bus could squeez ahead. Then I saw the culprit. 2 men in a brand new Seltos had parked their car there on the left (ahead of the bus in pic) and were checking out the view all around.

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-screenshot_20231015_133745_photos2.jpg

Things were better after Shadnagar.
ashis89 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 27th October 2023, 13:32   #2032
BHPian

Hi All,
I am travelling to Kadapa tomorrow and usually I fill up before the journey at Gachibowli. But this time I already have half a tank and it is pain to handle the traffic and U-turns at evening hours at this area so decided to get filled up on the way.
Anyone knows any BPCL coco pumps on the way, I have BPCL octane card so I prefer BPCL. Thanks in advance
Old 27th October 2023, 13:49   #2033
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Hi All,
I am travelling to Kadapa tomorrow and usually I fill up before the journey at Gachibowli. But this time I already have half a tank and it is pain to handle the traffic and U-turns at evening hours at this area so decided to get filled up on the way.
Anyone knows any BPCL coco pumps on the way, I have BPCL octane card so I prefer BPCL. Thanks in advance
Google shows this: https://maps.app.goo.gl/pC1cTdhJjT11AAC77
Old 27th October 2023, 13:53   #2034
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a lot, looks like it is 24 hours available too based on reviews. Although not counting on it completely
Old 4th November 2023, 16:09   #2035
BHPian

Did a night drive today in this route from Hyderabad although it was for Kadapa so covered until Kurnool in this particular route. Started at 11.45 pm from Orr, Gachibowli.Here are my observations if anyone wants to do this.

Pros:
  • Being this my first night drive I was little skeptical, but there was no such thing as being alone. It was pretty lively route even during midnight
  • Another concern was driving discipline. But surprisingly majority of them were following the rules compared to the ones during the day. 9 out of 10 ten trucks were in left lane. Even cars were driving not so rashly. Some of them were even switching to low beams upon approaching me from behind. 90% of them were driving defensively apart from few who were rash.
  • No shortage of eateries on the way. Didn't notice this many during day but that might also be due to bright lights noticable at night.
  • It felt weirdly pleasant and beautiful while approaching any town to see all those lights from distance and empty roads. Nothing but car headlights illuminating some parts of roads.

Cons:
  • I thought night drive would save lot of time but boy I was wrong. Infact I encountered more traffic till Kurnool than I do when I do 4 am/5 am starts.
  • The traffic was mostly due to private travel buses. Since I started at 11.45 , that was the window where all the buses were exiting the city so got caught among them. My first 100 kms took 2 hours 10 minutes. That is less than 50 km/h which includes ORR as well. Apart from ORR couldn't touch 100 even once till Bhoothpur.
  • The only scary part was the private travel buses. The way they were driving was unbelievably bad. It was like bumper to bumper traffic except here they were at your bumper @80kmph. Had heart in mouth instances couple of times because they were so close to the rear. Not to mention the blinding headlights and constant flashing of them to give way.
  • My advice would be to get out of city before these buses start to come out. It was convoy after convoy of these buses and you can't get rid of them as they will be traveling at same speed as you. Only when they start to drop off the road for dinner/tea/bio breaks was I able to ride in peace

In conclusion would I try it again? Perhaps I will give one more chance by driving outside the window of private buses. They were the only negative part of this experience in this route. Swerving left and right at high speeds and tailgating dangerously close. No shortage of vehicles to keep you company, no shortage of food and fuel pumps at those hours
Revvatron is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th December 2023, 17:43   #2036
BHPian

I recently did Hyderabad-Bangalore, this past Sunday. Started from Kokapet at around 10.30am and reached Bangalore at 7pm.

There was no traffic from Hyderabad to Kurnool, it was only after Pamidi that the traffic began. While entering Bangalore there was quite some rain (cyclone effect) which slowed our pace but overall a good driving experience.
Old 6th December 2023, 18:21   #2037
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
There was no traffic from Hyderabad to Kurnool, it was only after Pamidi that the traffic began.
I find this surprising. Usually up until Kurnool there is traffic, especially until Jadcherla/Boothpur and after that it is sparse. I am curious whether it is due to the timing of your journey.
Old 6th December 2023, 18:34   #2038
BHPian

Quote:
I find this surprising. Usually up until Kurnool there is traffic, especially until Jadcherla/Boothpur and after that it is sparse. I am curious whether it is due to the timing of your journey.
There was negligible traffic till Jadcherla. I'm assuming it was low and mostly traffic free due to it being a Sunday. I had a great time and was easily able to cover quite a bit of distance.
Old 6th December 2023, 18:51   #2039
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
I recently did Hyderabad-Bangalore, ... a good driving experience.
Just an addition here (though not exactly related). Hyd ORR is now a 120 kmph speed limit road. It is great fun. Hope you tried it.
Old 6th December 2023, 19:27   #2040
BHPian

I had to make a few runs to the Airport during my trip and absolutely enjoyed the ORR. The only thing that was slightly annoying, something that I experienced on my way back to Bangalore, was people maintaining 80-90kph on lanes that were strictly meant for 120kph. But otherwise the ORR is a boon for a smooth entry/exit to Hyderabad.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks