Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2023, 11:34   #1996
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
1. Where does one turn left to get on to the Sulibele route---is it at Kurubarakunte or at Devanahalli? The picture that was posted does not indicate the place to take the left turn.

Thanks in advance.
The route to Sulibele is from Devanahalli before the Nandi upachar at Nandi cross.
Am not sure if the service road from the highway is open on to the bypass road
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 12:10   #1997
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
The route to Sulibele is from Devanahalli before the Nandi upachar at Nandi cross.
Thanks, but I am not clear about your second sentence. Which service road, from which highway, and what bypass?
Old 6th September 2023, 13:11   #1998
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, but I am not clear about your second sentence. Which service road, from which highway, and what bypass?
Service road from Hyderabad- Banglore highway to the Devanahalli bypass which goes to Hoskote.
Old 6th September 2023, 13:24   #1999
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Service road from Hyderabad- Banglore highway to the Devanahalli bypass which goes to Hoskote.
Got you, but the post from RogueRobot on August 6th on this thread does indicate that it is open. Was there any change after that?
Old 6th September 2023, 13:25   #2000
BHPian

Quote:
Got you, but the post from RogueRobot on August 6th on this thread does indicate that it is open. Was there any change after that?
It is open. I took the road last month. I hope the below screenshot clarifies
Attached Thumbnails
Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-20230906_132754.png  

Last edited by Revvatron : 6th September 2023 at 13:29.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 13:28   #2001
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
It is open. I took the road last month.
Thanks. Can you suggest where I should merge with the Chitoor to BLR highway? I remember someone suggesting to avoid turning right towards Hoskote.
Old 6th September 2023, 14:24   #2002
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks. Can you suggest where I should merge with the Chitoor to BLR highway? I remember someone suggesting to avoid turning right towards Hoskote.
I think I only suggested that in my earlier post. It is not that bad, little bit of potholes but saves kms as it is kind of shortcut and you will join highway after Hoskote. Or else you can go till chikahallur and then join the highway at Hoskote.
Revvatron is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:11   #2003
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
It is open. I took the road last month. I hope the below screenshot clarifies
One more question. Gajadonga says the route to Sulibele is from Devanahalli, whereas your map shows that you took a left turn at Kurubarakunte. Which one is correct?
Please refer to post # 1972 where Rogue Robot has posted a picture. Is that at Kurubarakunte?

Last edited by vnabhi : 6th September 2023 at 19:14.
Old 6th September 2023, 19:34   #2004
BHPian

Quote:
One more question. Gajadonga says the route to Sulibele is from Devanahalli, whereas your map shows that you took a left turn at Kurubarakunte. Which one is correct?
Please refer to post # 1972 where Rogue Robot has posted a picture. Is that at Kurubarakunte?
The picture which rogue robot posted is near Kurubarakante. I think Gajadonga also referring to this one only, he mentioned Nandi upachar which is near Kurubarakante. Maybe all this comes under Devanahalli. You cannot miss that "National Highway" painted over bridge. Just remember that.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2023, 19:36   #2005
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The picture which rogue robot posted is near Kurubarakante. I think Gajadonga also referring to this one only, he mentioned Nandi upachar which is near Kurubarakante. Maybe all this comes under Devanahalli. You cannot miss that "National Highway" painted over bridge. Just remember that.
Thanks for the prompt inputs. I think I'll give this route a try. I'll also remember to go straight from Sulibele instead of turning right. And also to avoid another right turn towards Hoskote that you had taken, as it was full of potholes.

I wonder where the bypass will merge with the Chennai highway,
Old 10th September 2023, 11:32   #2006
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to you and Rogue Robot for this fantastic discovery. I took the same route yesterday via Kurubarakante--and the pictures posted on where exactly to take the left turn from NH 44 were very helpful.

This new bypass had all cars doing triple digit speeds. There is a toll booth that is not yet operational, but likely to commence shortly. When we completed around 20+ kms on this bypass, we came to a spot that was like a Y junction, where the left was towards Kolar and right to Hoskote. We asked a courier guy there on which route to take. He suggested the Hoskote route, and said the potholes were almost refilled. He said the other route will be around 4 to 5 kms longer, and some parts of that route are still under construction.

Hence we chose the Hoskote route. The potholes were filled with cobblestones, but the 7 km stretch to the Madras highway near Hoskote took around 14 minutes. Around midway on that stretch, it merges with the old state highway from Madanapalli/ Chintamani towards Bangalore.

After merging with the Madras BLR highway, it took us around 50 minutes to our destination on Doddakanelli, near Carmelaram. There was a bottleneck of 15 mintues midway from Hoskote to KR Puram,and this was at the place where a left turn to Kadugodi was.

Overall, it took us 90 minutes from Kurubarakante. I guess the traditional route via Hebbal and Tin factory would have taken us around 2 hours, given the logjam at Tin Factory and the signals enroute. This apart, as there was no toll on that bypass, I only had to pay around 25 rupees on the Madras highway towards KR Puram, compared to 110 at Devanahalli.

Thanks once again for discovering this route. I wonder how long it will take Google Maps to show this route---it showed me as if i was driving through fields from Sulibele!

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20230909-22.15.02.jpeg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20230909-22.13.47.jpeg

Hyderabad to Bangalore : Route Queries-whatsapp-image-20230909-22.13.42.jpeg
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th September 2023, 18:07   #2007
BHPian

I tried out the new STRR today. From Hoskote toll, it takes 15 minutes to reach the STRR and from there another 15-20 minutes to Nandi Upachar junction. The road has very less traffic as of now.

Sadly, it is a missed opportunity in not making it like the Hyderabad ORR. The road doesn't feel scientifically constructed with 3 lanes becoming 2 lanes without warning. Bridges/Flyovers are just 2 lane and some exits like the one towards Hyderabad was justa narrow gap in the service road divider with no markings.

Once traffic builds up in the future , this road will become just as clogged as the Bangalore Outer Ring Road with no scope for expansion.
mtnrajdeep is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 11th September 2023, 10:09   #2008
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
I tried out the new STRR today. From Hoskote toll, it takes 15 minutes to reach the STRR and from there another 15-20 minutes to Nandi Upachar junction. The road has very less traffic as of now.
Thank you for the update.
How does one get onto STRR at Hoskote? (while coming from KRPuram side, destination is Hyderabad highway)
Is the exit on Old Madras road? Or is the exit on Hoskote-Chintamani-Madanapalle?
Old 11th September 2023, 12:10   #2009
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks to you and Rogue Robot for this fantastic discovery. I took the same route yesterday via Kurubarakante--and the pictures posted on where exactly to take the left turn from NH 44 were very helpful.

Thanks once again for discovering this route. I wonder how long it will take Google Maps to show this route---it showed me as if i was driving through fields from Sulibele!
How long did you take from Hyderabad to Devanahalli this time any new
updates on the highway?
Old 11th September 2023, 12:31   #2010
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Is the exit on Old Madras road? Or is the exit on Hoskote-Chintamani-Madanapalle?
Via Madanapalle route. Google maps are not very helpful since the route is not listed there.
You can check the start / end point I have mentioned in this thread if that helps.

Link (On Bypassing Bangalore)
mpksuhas is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks