Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th October 2008, 13:14   #1
BHPian

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Hi All,

Anyone can update me on the road conditions on the Hyderabad to Nagpur national highway? Last January it was pretty bad with the 4 lane work going on . Has the road widening work been completed?
Old 29th October 2008, 20:55   #2
BHPian

even i am planning to do a road trip from Hyd - Nagpur and then Kanha... any inputs will be appreciated.
Old 3rd November 2008, 11:32   #3
BHPian

Hyderabad to Nagpur -Highway condition?

Hi

I travelled Hyd -Nagpur-Kanha last January: the road from Hyd to Nagpur was pretty bad due to 4-laning work being done , I am not aware of the present status. We left Hyd 4am and rached nagpur at noon. Then on to Kanha directly was another 6-7 hours driving
The roads from Nagpur to Kanha are Ok as much as can be expected from inner roads . However you will need to be clear which route to Kanha depending on where you are staying . There are two gate locations and both roads are different. (They are Kisli and Mukhi ).
Some stretches in MP on NH7 were also pretty bad , however hope they would have been repaired as it uis a NH.

Dadi
Old 4th November 2008, 19:58   #4
BHPian

Thanks Dadi. i am planning to travel in the last week of November. will update this thread when im back.
Old 8th November 2008, 19:32   #5
BHPian

Any updates guys about the status of the road,is it still under construction???
Old 10th November 2008, 18:48   #6
BHPian

Inder,

i will be travelling to Nagpur-Kanha somewhere around 22nd November. will update this thread once iam back. If you are travlling earlier.. please let us know the condition of the roads now...
Old 25th November 2008, 14:21   #7

I have recently 1st week of Nov 2008 traveled to Nagpur/Pench Pachmarhi from Hyderabad.

The road up to Adilabad is under work (laying of 4 lane)
There are lots of diversions on this route. The diversions are not tarred, they are just metal and mud. You have to come down to 10km/h for every diversion.

It takes more time than you estimate.

From Adilabad to Nagpur is really bad, except for the last 40-50 nearing Nagpur.

I suggest anybody going from Hyderabad to Nagpur to take Siddipet, Karimnagar, Mancherial, Asifabad route. This route connects to the same Highway at Asifabad after Adilabad without going to Adilabad. This route is far better than the Hyderabad – Adilabad Highway via Nirmal.

You can stop at Mancherial for food if necessary.

I took Nagpur – pench –pachmarhi

The route from Nagpur to pench (Khabasa border) is good enough. This is Jabalpur route.

From Pench to pachmarhi is via Seoni, Chindwara, Parasia, Matkuli and finally Pachmari.

The road from Pench is Seoni is good. From Seoni to Chindwara is excellent.

From Chindwara to Pachmari via Parasia is a nightmare though not lot of traffic but very bad roads. You cannot cross 30km/h.
Old 23rd December 2008, 16:43   #8

Hyd to Nagpur

[quote=challasravi;1067209]I have recently 1st week of Nov 2008 traveled to Nagpur/Pench Pachmarhi from Hyderabad.
Hi Ravi -
How long does it take from HYD to Nagpur???
Is the secondary route you propose Safe??? Heard about a lot of Naxal activity there!!
Please help
Old 26th December 2008, 13:19   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by neoSX4 View Post
Hi Ravi -
How long does it take from HYD to Nagpur???
Is the secondary route you propose Safe??? Heard about a lot of Naxal activity there!!
Please help

@neoSX4
Sorry for the delayed response, was out of town.
You can do Hyd to Nagpur comfortably (stopping for lunch, tea) within 8hrs.

The secondary route I mentioned thru Mancherial is safe, however don't start out on a night journey. The facilities after Asifabad till Nagpur are almost nil.

I suggest you start somewhere around 7-8:00 am in the morning from Hyderabad and and you will reach Nagpur before dark.
Old 27th December 2008, 23:11   #10
BHPian

Recently went to Andhari Tadoba Tiger Reserve from Hyderabad - used the Nagpur Highway for most of the distance. The road condition is not bad but the number of diversions (because of the 4 laning) is quite a pain & slows you down considerably. Certainly not a journey to make to just enjoy the drive!
Old 30th December 2008, 21:54   #11
BHPian

I did a Hyd-Tadoba trip via Karimanagar last weekend. Absolutely awesome roads till Mancherial. After that the roads are ok. I suggest you take this route to Nagpur as the posts on the other route seem to be very bad.
Old 22nd March 2009, 21:58   #12
BHPian

Hi Challasravi,

Travelling from Hyderabad to Kanha during the weekend, I have read all your posts, Since I plan to travel without a stopover, I want to get the route planned out.

From your drive you mention Hyderabad to Nagpur is about 8 hours, how long will it take from Nagpur to Seoni. I have to drive further to Kanha which is about 136Km from Seoni.

Thanks in advance.
Old 23rd March 2009, 07:13   #13
BHPian

It would take 2-3 hours to reach Seoni from Nagpur
look at this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1146157-post13.html

-Pramod
Old 23rd March 2009, 08:40   #14
BHPian

While i was talking to a Scorpio can guy in Nagpur, he informed me that he regularly drives from Hyderabad to Nagpur via siddipet, asifabad, balharshah, chandrapur route. According to him it is safe, and the road is fast and good too. Typically he takes 9 hours from Hyderabad to Nagpur. He has driven at all kinds of odd times, but i would not suggest anyone to take his word regarding night driving.
But the road via this route is fast and good for sure.
Old 23rd March 2009, 11:14   #15
BHPian

Thanks pkumar, I was a little confused with the route, since there were multiple routes. I will post the route map over here in a while. I dont prefer night driving myself, for various reasons.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumar View Post
While i was talking to a Scorpio can guy in Nagpur, he informed me that he regularly drives from Hyderabad to Nagpur via siddipet, asifabad, balharshah, chandrapur route. According to him it is safe, and the road is fast and good too. Typically he takes 9 hours from Hyderabad to Nagpur. He has driven at all kinds of odd times, but i would not suggest anyone to take his word regarding night driving.
But the road via this route is fast and good for sure.
Hi Pramods,

Thanks for the link, I had looked up your thread but I could find it when I did a search. Replied to your thread so it will make more sense there than here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
It would take 2-3 hours to reach Seoni from Nagpur
look at this post http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/1146157-post13.html

-Pramod

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks