Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th March 2012, 13:34   #76
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Hello Team-BHPians,

I am planning a trip by car from Hyderabad to Nagpur and back some time next week. I will be starting from Hyderabad on 27th March 2012. Would be glad if anyone can provide any latest updates on this route.

Regards and Keep Revving,

Rahul Waghmare.
Old 20th March 2012, 23:10   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
Would be glad if anyone can provide any latest updates on this route.
Rahul, please look up my update on the road conditions from end-Feb. Have fun Cheers !
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 12:02   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello Team-BHPians,

I am planning a trip by car from Hyderabad to Nagpur and back some time next week. I will be starting from Hyderabad on 27th March 2012. Would be glad if anyone can provide any latest updates on this route.

Rahul Waghmare.
Roads are pretty good,except for the stretch at the MH-AP border before Pandharkawda and again between Karanji and Hinganghat.You should be able to reach Nagpur for lunch around 1330 with a 0530 departure from Hyd.

No eating facilities enroute.The only option is at Harita APTDC a few kms before Kamareddy onto your left.Beyond that nothing till you reach Buti Bori where there is a Vithal Kamat(but then you have almost reached Nagpur).

Carry plenty of water and fluids with you as temperatures around Adilabad have touched 45 degrees already.Take care of those tyres in the extreme heat.

BP COCO pumps at Kamareddy and at Adilabad are good.Not sure if they accept CC though.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st March 2012, 14:05   #79
Senior - BHPian

I would be taking this route in reverse direction Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore in first week of April. Last year I did Bangalore - Hyd - Ngp. As per present update road condition has been improved. Hope there would be smooth drive.
anujmishra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2012, 23:21   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anujmishra View Post
I would be taking this route in reverse direction Nagpur - Hyderabad - Bangalore in first week of April. Last year I did Bangalore - Hyd - Ngp. As per present update road condition has been improved. Hope there would be smooth drive.
Quote:
Hello Team-BHPians,

Rahul Waghmare.

Friends, I did this route in my new Vista in Jan driving from Raipur-Hyd via Nagpur. Total of 796 kms in 12 hours. Nagpur-Hyd, a total of 490 kms, leaving Nagpur at 9am and reaching Hyderabad at 5 pm with 50 mins of stoppage for food.

The only rough patch is on the AP-MH border, however you can cover that stretch in about 40 mins. Not much of a worry.

The road is a breeze to drive. Fill up in Hyd while going to Nagpur or in Hinganghat while driving from Nagpur - Hyd. Eat in Hinganghat or get into Armur town for some snacky stuff. Other than that a proper dhaba can be found 140 kms before reaching Hyderabad at Dichpally railway crossing.

Enjoy your drive
gauravdgr8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 11:32   #81
BHPian

Did Hyderabad - Nagpur - Pench - Nagpur - Hyderabad between 22.03.2012 & 25.03.2012.

Overall Road conditions between Hyderabad - Nagpur are good.

Road conditions are bad at few locations especially Maharashtra - Andhra Pradesh border before Pandharkawda and between Karanji and Hinganghat.

Eventhough there are sunstantial number of diversions between Armur and Kamareddy; the available part of diversion carriageway condition is generally wide and good. However, IMHO, this stretch may not be a comfortable zone to drive at night.

As pointed out in earlier posts by ranjitP1, at single laned road locations, the potholes are covered with rock like stones which can damage tyres.One has to be very cautious in these stretches.

I started in my Scorpio at 5.45am and reached Nagpur at 1.00pm with a break of about 30 minutes in between.

Last edited by Night_Hawk : 27th March 2012 at 11:34. Reason: Typos
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2012, 11:36   #82
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Did Hyderabad - Nagpur - Pench - Nagpur - Hyderabad between 22.03.2012 & 25.03.2012.

Overall Road conditions between Hyderabad - Nagpur are good.

Road conditions are bad at few locations especially Maharashtra - Andhra Pradesh border before Pandharkawda and between Karanji and Hinganghat.

Eventhough there are sunstantial number of diversions between Armur and Kamareddy; the available part of diversion carriageway condition is generally wide and good. However, IMHO, this stretch may not be a comfortable zone to drive at night.

As pointed out in earlier posts by ranjitP1, at single laned road locations, the potholes are covered with rock like stones which can damage tyres.One has to be very cautious in these stretches.

I started in my Scorpio at 5.45am and reached Nagpur at 1.00pm with a break of about 30 minutes in between.
Did you drive to Pench non-stop from Hyd?Time taken?
Old 28th March 2012, 11:26   #83
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
Did you drive to Pench non-stop from Hyd?Time taken?
Onwards journey: I had an intentional break at Nagpur for half a day and a night as i had to meet acquaintances ( stayed at Peanut Budget lodgning.. excellent place)

Return Journey : Pench to Hyderabad was non stop with a 40 minutes break at Nagpur for breakfast and 15 minutes refuelling break near Nirmal and 30 minutes break at Haritha - Kamareddy for a late lunch. Conviniently located two U-Turns in the vicinty of Haritha helped in going over to the other side of the highway and returning back.

Started from Pench at 7.00am and was at Paradise Circle by 5.30 pm
Night_Hawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 05:49   #84
Senior - BHPian

How are road conditions from Hyderabad to Nagpur now? any progress in the Andhra - Maharashtra border areas. Planning on for June end drive to Raipur again, also thinking of stop over somewhere in middle, should it be Hyderabad or somewhere further in between HYD-NGP?

Driving is gonna cost me half of flying even with the zooming petrol prices.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 8th June 2012 at 05:51.
Old 8th June 2012, 07:19   #85
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayankjha1806 View Post
Planning on for June end drive to Raipur again, also thinking of stop over somewhere in middle, should it be Hyderabad or somewhere further in between HYD-NGP?
Depends on what time you intend to start from Bangalore?

Also depends on whether you wish to do it over 2 days or 3 days?

Also need to factor in how much you can drive per day?

BLR - HYD = 600 km / 7-8 Hours
Crossing HYD = 50 km / 1-2 Hours
HYD - NAG = 500 km / 7 Hours
Crossing NAG = ? km / 1 Hour
NAG - RPR = 300 km / 6 Hours

Stay options are not good between HYD and NAG so better to stay at either HYD or NAG.

If you can manage HYD-NAG-RPR in a single day, better to stay on the outskirts of HYD (towards NAG) else do BLR-HYD-NAG on the 1st day and stay at NAG.

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 8th June 2012 at 07:21.
Old 8th June 2012, 09:50   #86
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller
Also need to factor in how much you can drive per day.
, 1400 kms in 18 hours, look at my december drive thread on this sector.

We will probably make 2 stops, thinking of doing a Thomba reserve as well, which is close to nagpur.

Quote:
If you can manage HYD-NAG-RPR in a single day, better to stay on the outskirts of HYD (towards NAG) else do BLR-HYD-NAG on the 1st day and stay at NAG.
Any recommendations on stay, also what should be done to pass hyd as soon as possible.

How are the roads now, especially close to nagpur. They were bad in december.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:11   #87
Senior - BHPian

I would recommend doing BLR-HYD-NGP on day-1. I did this sector in December 2011 - left Bangalore by 4 AM, was at Shamshabad by 10:30 AM, and was in Nagpur by 6 PM or so. This was achieved with moderate driving speeds (~ 100/110 km/h) and 2-3 breaks.

You can bypass HYD using the JN Expressway. Do not forget to take the Gachibowli exit and then go on to Medchal via Miyanpur. I missed the exit and had to go all the way to NH9 and then come back towards Miyanpur. This cost me around half-hour extra.
cool_dube is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 14:11   #88
BHPian

Here's an update based on my Hyd - Nagpur - Hyd trip in early-July vs. my trip earlier this year in Feb.

Updates are in bold below.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post

Did Hyd-Nagpur yesterday. Started at exactly 5 am and was at Sitabuldi in Nagpur by 1230 pm (Total 7.5 hours including about 30 mins of breaks).
Overall, 500 kms with about 60 kms of terrible/ bad/ average roads. Nearly all of the rest makes for a brilliant drive. Toll paid Rs 230.

Did Hyd (HiTech city) to Nagpur (Sitabuldi) in about 7 hours incl. 15 mins break. Started at 530 am and reached by 1230 pm. Was driving at 110 - 130 kmph in most stretches.

There has been improvement in the overall road condition, as noted below.

Toll has increased to Rs 315 (one additional toll booth opened + rates increased at 2-3 tolls)

Now, for the road conditions:

HiTech City (Hyd) - Medchal : Normal city road conditions. Took about 45 mins for the 40-odd kms

Took the HiTech City - Miyapur - Medak road - Medchal route this time and covered the distance in 30 mins

Medchal - Kamareddy : Perfect road conditions. 4-laned. Typically at 100-110 kmph

Kamareddy - Armur : Excellent road but 2-lanes of the 4-lane are operational currently. Most of the road appears close to completion for most part. Did about 70-80 kmph due to the 2-lanes

All 4 lanes operational now except for stretches of 1-2 km where the other 2 lanes are yet to be made operational

Armur - Adilabad : Again excellent 4-laned with some amazing views of dry forest, a few paddy fields etc. 100-110 kmph

Armur bypass is not yet ready so, one has to go through Armur town.

Adilabad - Pandharkawada : About 30 kms in this stretch is bad. Basically, like a 2-lane state highway with its potholes filled with really sharp stones as mentioned by ranjitp1. Avg speed for the 30 kms was about 60 kmph

Pandharkawada - Hinganghat : Again, about 30 kms is bad within this overall stretch, worse than the earlier stretch. Much worse than a regular state highway with bad potholes, diversions and a very patchy road. Its like driving hell after having experienced heaven on the AP-side of the road. There is no 4-laning work underway. Cant understand why NHAI seems to have abandoned work on this. Average speed 30 kmph

This road has been patched up so there are hardly any major potholes now. The surface is still very patchy. Average speed 60 to 70 kmph. Saw 4-laning work underway in a few stretches

Hinganghat - Nagpur : Excellent 4-laned roads again. 100-110 kmph.

My ride was my 'RoadCruiser' Fiesta Diesel - which, as always, has been an absolutely brilliant high-speed cruiser with an average of nearly 22-23 kmpl.

The average was approx 20 kmpl with 100% AC on and thanks to the higher-than-optimal speeds of 110-130 kmph for the most part.

Hope this helps.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2012, 10:11   #89
Senior - BHPian

Guys,

Anyone done this sector lately? How much of it is still 2-lane? Can HYD (outskirts) -NGP (ORR) be done in under 6 hours?

Thanks in advance...
Old 14th October 2012, 10:16   #90
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Anyone done this sector lately? How much of it is still 2-lane? Can HYD (outskirts) -NGP (ORR) be done in under 6 hours?
Downsouth did it a week or so back. The AP-Mah border onwards for some kms is terrible. Doable in 6 but certainly not suggested (7 hours would be qualify as safe driving). Mostly 4 laned and where work is still on, average speeds do not come down much. Mah side is what you need to worry about. Drive safe!

Last edited by hyd_traveller : 14th October 2012 at 10:18.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks