Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th July 2014, 15:52   #181
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
So a quick question! Is Bangalore-Nagpur doable in 14hrs? Say if I leave at 4am, will I be able to make it by around 6pm. I will be doing this during the winters with my wife and a year old son.

Bangalore-Hyd I know is not an issue, but I am worried about HYD Nagpur, I had traveled through that road in 2008, it was in a pathetic state during that time.

I will be going to Jabalpur, so was deciding whether to stop at Hyd or Nagpur!
14hours in December is going to be tough,7hrs to start of ORR,70mins to exit ORR,7-8hrs to Nagpur from ORR exit.

Suggest you leave in the afternoon from Bangalore,stay the night at Hyd and do Hyderabad-Jabalpur in one go leaving after breakfast from Hyd and do a lunch break at Nagpur.This way your break times would also be aligned with the eating times.
ranjitp1 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th July 2014, 09:41   #182
BHPian

Any latest news about the condition of the road from Hyderabad to Nagpur. My cousin sister would be travelling tomorrow in her Force One.
Old 27th July 2014, 12:04   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseVijay View Post
Any latest news about the condition of the road from Hyderabad to Nagpur. My cousin sister would be travelling tomorrow in her Force One.
Road good,only bad patches near Pandharkawda after Adilabad on the AP MH Border and again after Karanji around the Hinganghat area.Should not take her more than 8hrs to cover the HYD-NGP stretch.No eateries worth mentioning though.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th August 2014, 11:41   #184
BHPian

Would be travelling to hyderbad from nagpur on the 15th aug weekend. Last time in may'14 the bad patch was covered without any hiccups by a sedan (corolla). But with the rains I wanted to know if the bad stretch is still navigable by a sedan,this time a sonata.
Old 31st August 2014, 18:32   #185
BHPian

Mod Note : There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the forum experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Did a Nagpur-Hyderabad-Nagpur (30th Aug -31st Aug) on a bike, due to recent monsoon rains the roads have deteriorated further and potholes are now filled with water, you never know if its shallow or deep enough to take your bike! Pandharkawda to Adilabad patch is worse and muddy all across, no way to avoid them, while the Hinganghat - Pandharkawda patch is more of water filled potholes.

I would recommend doing Adilabad - Pandharkawda patch in sunlight, while Hinganghat - Pandharkawda is doable at night too.

Last edited by GTO : 15th October 2014 at 13:21. Reason: Typos
pramods is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st September 2014, 17:46   #186
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pramods View Post
Done Nagpur-Hyderabad-Nagpur on a bike, went on 30th Aug and came back on 31st Aug, the road condition have deteriorate because of rain and pothoiles are now filled with water
Sad to see that there has been NO progress on this stretch for the last 4 years now! I wonder what's taking so long to get this done.
Old 11th September 2014, 17:42   #187
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Sad to see that there has been NO progress on this stretch for the last 4 years now! I wonder what's taking so long to get this done.
Well, if the entire Bangalore - Nagpur stretch were smooth, then the drive would be boring

Such stretches - and the Nagpur - Allahabad stretch after monsoons - add some spice to driving. And give us a chance to crib

I once crossed the MH- AP border in pouring rain after the monsoons. In the night. The drive was interesting - I remember that 3 times I went on the wrong path and had to reverse. And the potholes were seductively innocent - since they were filled wjth water, you never knew whether you were in for a 4 inch pothole or a 14 inch one. And I was hurrying along to reach Bangalore in time for office the next morning, so I had somewhat of a bumpy ride. Tackling 1.5 foot potholes at speed. I cursed a lot then - going one up on Captain Haddock - but now I feel like smiling and saying 'oh well, part of a roadtrip'.
Old 22nd September 2014, 17:41   #188
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
I agree. Its so painful to see this road in even worse condition year after year. I wonder why this major road hasnt been repaired in such a long time. With the size of potholes that I hear here, I am worried that I might be scraping roads when I drive this way next month. I remember the first time when I was on this road, a good 6 laned road abruptly came to an end. I had to slam my brakes and rub my eyes to believe how the road just turned from good tarmac to absolute mud trails. Was a very painful section to drive.
Old 13th October 2014, 16:37   #189
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I agree. Its so painful to see this road in even worse condition year after year. I wonder why this major road hasnt been repaired in such a long time. With the size of potholes that I hear here, I am worried that I might be scraping roads when I drive this way next month.
Hi MDe,Have you drive to Nagpur recently? How are the road conditions?

A few friends are planning to ride to Tadoba Forest Reserve later this month.

What would be the route that works best for Tadoba from Hyderabad and condition of same?
Old 13th October 2014, 16:46   #190
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

What would be the route that works best for Tadoba from Hyderabad and condition of same?
Till you crossover into Maharashtra the roads are silk smooth. The issue begins the moment you leave the Telangana borders. Overall some 20-30 kms in stretches are real bad. Other places its ok ok types... nothing great to speak about.

After you cross the Nagpur limits I believe you will get some of the most attrocious roads. If my experience of driving through the Kanha and Pench is anything to go by then there are simply no roads. You get sharp bricks jutting out everywhere. Progress gets excruciatingly slow.

Again, my experience above is with pench and Kanha and not Tadoba.
Zappo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 17:26   #191
MDe
BHPian

Quote:

Sorry Avinash, havent driven that way. I was myself looking for the road conditions as I will be driving that way soon. Last time I went, it was extremely painful after crossing Telangana. The road suddenly came to an abrupt end and there was literally no road for the next 20-30kms. Loads of potholes and mud road. That stretch itself took about an hour to cross.

I havent been to Tadoba, but roads till Adilabad should be a breeze. Its around Pandarkhawada that you will face bad roads.
MDe is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2014, 17:35   #192
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
Sorry Avinash, havent driven that way. I was myself looking for the road conditions as I will be driving that way soon. Last time I went, it was extremely painful after crossing Telangana. The road suddenly came to an abrupt end and there was literally no road for the next 20-30kms. Loads of potholes and mud road. That stretch itself took about an hour to cross. I havent been to Tadoba, but roads till Adilabad should be a breeze. Its around Pandarkhawada that you will face bad roads.
I have driven my Cruze from Nainital to Hyderabad via. the N-S corridor and through UP, MP, MH (Nagpur) and via. Adilabad forest way back in Jan 2011.

Iam totally aware about the horrible road conditions and especially the sudden disappearance of roads

Was hoping for a latest update on this stretch....
Old 14th October 2014, 08:25   #193
J.Ravi

Quote:
How are the road conditions?
I drove on Hyderabad-Nagpur section on 6 Sep 2014. Horrible sections after entering MH upto Hinganghat continued even after years. No works were in progress. One has to undergo this torture in N-S corridor. That horrible section has some no-road [~10 km], badly cratered road [~30 km] and the balance, average manageable road. The distance indicated are perceived ones and not actually measured. We were all too shocked and shaken to click photographs on this horrible stretch. We heaved a sigh of relief only after crossing a railway level-crossing at Hinganghat. The road overbridge was still under construction there.

Now, Nagpur has an excellent 4-lane bypass. Contrary to my expectations, the ghat section after Nagpur was neatly patched up and the drive was smooth all the way to Seoni, where the 4-lane highway started.
  (2) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 10:31   #194
BHPian

Quote:

Is not Tadoba better accessed via Karimnagar?

Hyderabad - Siddipet - Karimnagar - Ramagundam - Chandrapur - Tadoba.
hyd_traveller is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th October 2014, 10:49   #195
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Is not Tadoba better accessed via Karimnagar?Hyderabad - Siddipet - Karimnagar - Ramagundam - Chandrapur - Tadoba.
Bajaj Saab, you right. But, someone was saying the coal mining traffic on this route is heavy. Besides, we wanted to stop at Kuntala Waterfalls enroute as well

Perhaps, it would be a good idea to do this route one way to see which one is best

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.Ravi View Post
I drove on Hyderabad-Nagpur section on 6 Sep 2014. Horrible sections after entering MH upto Hinganghat continued even after years. No works were in progress. One has to undergo this torture in N-S corridor. That horrible section has some no-road [~10 km], badly cratered road [~30 km] and the balance, average manageable road. The distance indicated are perceived ones and not actually measured. We were all too shocked and shaken to click photographs on this horrible stretch. We heaved a sigh of relief only after crossing a railway level-crossing at Hinganghat. The road overbridge was still under construction there.
Thanks Ravi Sir for this latest update. I can imagine from your description that its really bad. But, since your a biker, would you be comfortable to ride through that bad stretch? Because we too are riding on our bikes and not travelling by car

Last edited by mobike008 : 14th October 2014 at 12:40.
mobike008 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks