Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:26   #226
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

I drove Hyderabad-Harda via Nagpur on 30/01 and 02/02. The road is pretty much in the same state, but I did find repair works being carried on to fill the potholes and blacktop the diversions. The result was a little respite on the way back on 02/02 with a few diversions black-topped and potholes filled. This work was being carried on the bad stretch near Pimpiri.

From the newspapers in Nagpur, 714 Crs have been allocation for a stretch of 37 KMs on NH7 to be converted to 4 lane. So, expect some work on this stretch.

Cheers,
Ardy
Old 2nd February 2015, 12:41   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ardy View Post
From the newspapers in Nagpur, 714 Crs have been allocation for a stretch of 37 KMs on NH7 to be converted to 4 lane. So, expect some work on this stretch.
Cheers,
Ardy
The news in papers which you are talking about is sadly not for this stretch. Its NH7 of the MH-MP border which passes through Pench jungle and is awaiting 4-laning due to pending issues with the Forest Ministry.
The Pandharkawda nightmare will be 4-laned by Dec 2016 as per undertaking of NHAI in High Court.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th February 2015, 12:55   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
The Pandharkawda nightmare will be 4-laned by Dec 2016 as per undertaking of NHAI in High Court.
46 kms in 2 years, why is NHAI taking this road lightly. Recently they completed Nagpur Betul NH69 4 lane 180 kms in 2 years and its one awesome road. why can't they do same with every road.
Old 2nd March 2015, 12:47   #229
Senior - BHPian

Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Tadoba this weekend with family.
The route is the usual one - Hyderabad - Adilabad- Karanji - Wani-Warora-Svasara.

As I understand, there are hardly any decent restaurants in this stretch. Please let me know if there are any. Also, are there any toilets which can be used by ladies? With an early morning start, this might be badly needed.

Any recommendations for petrol bunks?

Also, I assume that the road condition is pretty much the same with 20-30 Kms bad stretch after Adilabad. Is that a fair assessment?
Old 2nd March 2015, 13:24   #230

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Hello guys,

I will be travelling to Tadoba this weekend with family.
The route is the usual one - Hyderabad - Adilabad- Karanji - Wani-Warora-Svasara.

Also, I assume that the road condition is pretty much the same with 20-30 Kms bad stretch after Adilabad. Is that a fair assessment?

I encountered about 30 kms of bad roads during my last drive around here 4 months back.
Wani- Warora roads are fairly good.
turbopravs is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th March 2015, 18:21   #231
Senior - BHPian

I am back from my Tadoba trip.

Long story short -
Medchal to Adilabad is a pleasure to drive as usual.

Adilabad to Pandharkawada stretch is much better than what I expected.
Though it's without a divider and the road condition is not very smooth, I did not find any big craters and potholes. There seems to be some patch work done on this stretch recently. Speeds of 70-80 kmph can be maintained.
Few kms after Pandharkawada have very large crater-like potholes which are very deceptive. So, please be careful in this stretch. After that the road condition is very good till Karanji where I took a right turn towards Wani.
The road from Karanji to Wani has a few real bad patches which continues till few kms after Wani as well. After that, it's the usual state highway through Warora-Chimur where roads are average to fairly good.

I had some difficulties in hitting the NH7 from my place (Serilingampally). I have posted more details about that in my travelogue below -
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/travel...onal-park.html

Last edited by adimicra : 16th March 2015 at 18:22.
adimicra is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2015, 10:37   #232
BHPian

Even I heard from a friend who recently traveled till Adilabad from Nagpur that patchwork has been done on the bad stretches as per high court order.
inder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 11:48   #233
BHPian

Good to hear that the road condition between Adilabad and Nagpur is getting better. It was quite a nightmare.

Any more recent updates on the road conditions and what to expect. I am travelling to Pench on 1st May.
Old 27th April 2015, 18:29   #234
Senior - BHPian

Road condition good now apart from isolated but deep potholes before and after Pankhadarwa. I traveled yesterday.
nilanjanray is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2015, 18:19   #235
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
Road condition good now apart from isolated but deep potholes before and after Pankhadarwa. I traveled yesterday.
Thanks Nilanjan. Does it mean one can cruise at decent speeds on the "cursed" stretch now?

Also, do they seem to be done with the patchwork in place or are there any signs of upcoming 4-laning work?

Last edited by cool_dube : 3rd May 2015 at 18:21.
Old 4th May 2015, 09:50   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Thanks Nilanjan. Does it mean one can cruise at decent speeds on the "cursed" stretch now?

Also, do they seem to be done with the patchwork in place or are there any signs of upcoming 4-laning work?
Yes you can cruise at pretty decent speeds. It is still not the best of stretches for night driving as the diversions have not been marked and can be difficult to identify even during day. The patchwork at many places is not level with the existing road. Its like hitting small bumps every now and then.

No sign of any work for making it four lanes.
The occasional deep potholes are on the road that leads from Pankhadarwa towards Nagpur. They are on both lanes. Deeper and more in number as you head towards Pankhadarwa.

Overall its much less stressful and comfortable to drive to Nagpur now.
Old 5th May 2015, 11:16   #237
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by enragz View Post
Yes you can cruise at pretty decent speeds. It is still not the best of stretches for night driving as the diversions have not been marked and can be difficult to identify even during day. The patchwork at many places is not level with the existing road. Its like hitting small bumps every now and then.

The occasional deep potholes are on the road that leads from Pankhadarwa towards Nagpur. They are on both lanes. Deeper and more in number as you head towards Pankhadarwa.

Overall its much less stressful and comfortable to drive to Nagpur now.
I have another drive planned in June . Bangalore - Kumaon this time.

Re high speed cruising - need to be careful. Some of the isolated potholes could be deceptive, and deep. If your vehicle can handle bad potholes (I have a 4WD SUV, it can), then you have extra margin for error. Otherwise better not to speed too much.
Old 12th May 2015, 22:12   #238
BHPian

Did Bilaspur to Bangalore 2 days back via Nagpur-Hyderabad. I must say the condition is so much better between Adilabad and Pandharkawada. One just needs to be careful while approaching pandharkawada, there were some HUGE geometrically cut deep potholes owing to repair work. While the roads are definitely better, night driving and high speeds can still be avoided.

Here is a pic for reference, taken using the cellphone , sorry for bad quality.

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-img_20150509_165453.jpg
abhi29 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2015, 09:00   #239
BHPian

Did a Hyderabad to nagpur last saturday and back yesterday.
Comments:
1. Hyd-Adilabad-Excellent as usual.
2. From Adilabad to Nagpur:
2a. Till Pandharkawada smooth but 2 lane with lots of diversions
2b. A couple of geometric potholes near wadki but they were filled when I was returning yesterday and road is maintained smooth
2c. Railway crossing at hinganghat is still as old with deep potholes.
3. Overall 4.5/5 you can cruise at decent speeds I dont think you would need more than 6-6.5 hours for Hyd. to Nagpur
naivedyanm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th May 2015, 10:36   #240
BHPian

Same observation as naivedyanm. Also did Nagpur-Hyderabad return. Left Nagpur at 5:30 am and reached ISB,Gachibowli at 12 noon. Left ISB, at 5 am and reached my home near Radisson at 11:30 am . Both times include a 15-20 min Bio/snack break. You can easily maintain speeds above 100 kmph throughout apart from the diversion riddled section. Please avoid driving at night, since the diversion are quite sharp bends.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks