Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th May 2013, 11:23   #121
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

^^ Ok.So ORR is the way to go. Also are there any good hotels in Adilabad or Nirmal. Since I am travelling with a 1.5 yr old ,I might need a break to freshen up If the little monster gets cranky.
Old 14th May 2013, 11:39   #122
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Also are there any good hotels in Adilabad or Nirmal. Since I am travelling with a 1.5 yr old ,I might need a break to freshen up If the little monster gets cranky.
Looks like you missed reading posts #112, #113 and #114 all dated 04-Apr-2013 on this very thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3085904
Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
There is a Ravi Teja at Adilabad,in the town near the bus-stand(best avoided though).
No hotels in Nirmal.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:05   #123
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Looks like you missed reading posts #112, #113 and #114 all dated 04-Apr-2013 on this very thread : http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3085904
Try HOtel Shri Krishna Residency in Nirmal.
Ravi Teja is a good place in Adilabad.
Old 14th May 2013, 12:15   #124
BHPian

Quote:

I read the posts,but thought it was best avoided . Got confused between what to avoid Ravi Teja hotel or the bus stand.
And thanks for the options HVK
Old 20th May 2013, 16:02   #125

Dear BHPians,

I'm planning a trip from Bhilai to Bangalore on coming saturday (25th May). The plan is for a day trip and to leave Bhilai at 5 am. We are targeting to reach Medchal by 5 pm.

The drive would be done in an ALTO with my parents and wife. I want to request the members to update on some things below:-
  1. The average day time temperatures would be around 45 degrees. I have kept a mini fire extinguisher & spare coolant with me for the drive and installed sun shades on the windows. Please suggest on the tyre pressure. I fill nitrogen now. Also, please suggest any other precautions I should take.
  2. Please suggest on eateries for the trip. Breakfast hopefully some place between Bhandara and Nagpur byepass, Lunch probably after AP border.
  3. Please help provide a latest update on the road conditions till hyderabad. Any suggestions and warnings would help.
  4. Finally please suggest a place to stay in Hyderabad for the pit stop.

Thanks
Varun

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2013 at 17:34. Reason: Editing out
Old 20th May 2013, 16:36   #126
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varunmukund View Post
installed sun shades on the windows.

Please suggest on the tyre pressure. I fill nitrogen now.

Finally please suggest a place to stay in Hyderabad for the pit stop.
Varun,

Sun Shades on windows are not allowed as per MV Act all across India and I would suggest that you be careful in Hyderabad as police here can catch you for it (though presently they are a bit lax).

I think the recommended tyre pressure for alto is 30 psi and I would suggest you to keep it at the same since you are 4 adults and there must be some luggage also. Nitrogen or air does not matter for pressure.

I found this price to be very reasonable since the property is a 4 star hotel. It is located in the heart of the city :
Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-katriya.jpg
Lets see what other Hyderabad gurus have to say for stay options.

Last edited by Jaggu : 20th May 2013 at 17:35. Reason: Thanks, editing out the part :) Report such posts, which is more helpful.
hyd_traveller is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2013, 18:04   #127
BHPian

Sorry for the back-to-back posts.

Just visited Katriya Hotel.

The delux rooms are pretty decent and certainly 4-star. They are located from 1st floor to 4th floor. The view is either the swimming pool (3rd and 4th) or nearby apartments.

The club rooms are on 5th floor and the ones having swimming pool view afford just a partial view of the lake. The TV here are LCD and bigger else more or less like delux rooms.

The tower rooms are on 6th, 7th and 8th floors. Did not see them.

All F&B outlets are under renovation except Cilantro which is being used as a coffee shop and a sky grill and bar on 8th floor with an amazing view of the lake.

Their online offer of 2,400/- is absolute VFM for the rooms. No idea and no comments on food quality, food pricing, room service, house keeping, etc. BTW, all bathrooms have tubs.
Old 21st May 2013, 11:46   #128
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

The drive would be done in an ALTO with my parents and wife. I want to request the members to update on some things below:-
[*]The average day time temperatures would be around 45 degrees. I have kept a mini fire extinguisher & spare coolant with me for the drive and installed sun shades on the windows. Please suggest on the tyre pressure. I fill nitrogen now.
Please ensure that you are strapping the extinguisher in a cool place.Sunshades wouldnt cause too much of a problem on the highways,but ensure you take them off as you enter Hyd as just like Hyd_Traveller advised,HTP is pretty strict on those.Dont tinker too much with the tyre pressure.Check and inflate at Bhilai and it would be good to go for atleast 3-4months.Do not check air pressure during your drive as highway tyre shops first inflate and then deflate to correct pressure and that could cause an imbalance coupled with the drive generated heat.

Quote:
[*]Please suggest on eateries for the trip. Breakfast hopefully some place between Bhandara and Nagpur byepass, Lunch probably after AP border.
Plenty of places to eat on the Bhandara-NGP stretch.However nothing on the Nagpur-Hyderabad stretch till you reach Nirmal.Suggest you stock up on food from home/fruits/water/juices etc.

Quote:
[*]Please help provide a latest update on the road conditions till hyderabad. Any suggestions and warnings would help.
Nagpur-Hyd is perfect just some bad stretches at Hinghanghat and around the MH-AP border at Pandharkawda,but nothing worrysome.This stretch can easily be done in 8hrs-9hrs in an Alto

Quote:
[*]Finally please suggest a place to stay in Hyderabad for the pit stop.
You could either go with Hyd-Traveller's suggestion of Katriya towers,or else if you dont want to enter the city and wade through city traffic in the evening,then you could take the Outer Ring road after Medchal and exit the Ring Road at Gachibowli and stay at hotels in Gachibowli.Next day it would be very easy for you to exit onto the BLR NH7 from Shamshabad by getting onto the same ring road.Ofcourse this reccomendation does not hold good if you intend to go around the city-in which case,staying in a city hotel makes sense-but after a 15hr drive i dont think you would be in any shape to go around the city.

Some of the Gachibowli hotel reccomendations are :

1.Aditya Sarovar Premiere (NOT budget)
2.www.qualityinnpearl.com
3.Red Fox
4.Ellaa
5.La Serene: http://www.serenityinn.in/

PS:Make sure you carry your original PUC,Original License,Original Insurance,Original DL
[/quote]
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 14:20   #129
Senior - BHPian

Pardon my ignorance, but is the ORR from Patancheru to Shamirpet done?
For hitting the Nagpur highway from Lingampally, should I go through ORR ?
Old 21st May 2013, 14:34   #130
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Pardon my ignorance, but is the ORR from Patancheru to Shamirpet done?
Yes the ORR from Patancheru(NH9 @ Muthangi) to Shamirpet(Karimnagar road) is done.The only part that is not done is from Karimnagar Road to Warrangal highway which is still incomplete.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
For hitting the Nagpur highway from Lingampally, should I go through ORR ?
IMO,it is not "should" go through the orr,instead you "can" go through the ORR.The ORR would add upto the travel distance.If its early morning or late night,go through the city,its fast.Lingampally-Miyapur-NH9-Dundigul-Kompally-NH7 is an easy route and fast.If its evening time or night upto 10pm then take the ORR to enter or exit,otherwise I would opt for the city roads.

http://goo.gl/maps/BLoQd

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 21st May 2013 at 14:38.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st May 2013, 16:05   #131
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Varun,

Sun Shades on windows are not allowed as per MV Act all across India and I would suggest that you be careful in Hyderabad as police here can catch you for it (though presently they are a bit lax).

I think the recommended tyre pressure for alto is 30 psi and I would suggest you to keep it at the same since you are 4 adults and there must be some luggage also. Nitrogen or air does not matter for pressure.

I found this price to be very reasonable since the property is a 4 star hotel. It is located in the heart of the city :

Lets see what other Hyderabad gurus have to say for stay options.
Since it is going to be a long and fast highway drive, in peak summer, why not increase tyre pressure by a couple of points?

On a separate note, I might be doing a Bangalore - MP drive this June (have been missing the tigers). Any reason why we shouldn't take the via-Miyapur bypass during the night? That stretch before hitting the highway is unsafe?
Old 21st May 2013, 18:19   #132

Thank you Ranjit and Hyd_Traveller for your inputs. It is very valuable. I will be posting an update on Sunday with pics.
Old 25th May 2013, 22:52   #133
BHPian

I am planning to do hyd-ngp in night. Is it safe?
Old 25th May 2013, 23:09   #134
BHPian

@pkumar, I have undertaken this journey last month. This being NH7, the road condition from Nagpur to Hyderabad is quite good.

Although, there is "rough" patch of approx. 40kms around Hinganghat (if memory serves me correctly). There is construction work up and running there. Diversions are more common then straight roads.

As for driving in the night, If one could cover the "rough" part before the sun sets, the rest should be fine.

Caution is recommended in this naxalite affected area.
Ashutosh is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2013, 23:28   #135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pkumar View Post
I am planning to do hyd-ngp in night. Is it safe?
Safety is not an issue. However, road is very bad around Pandharkawada & Hinganghat
hvkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks