Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st April 2014, 11:12   #166
Senior - BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Guys I will be travelling in May from Nagpur to Hyderabad and back. I was thinking of going via Warora -Wani and joining NH-7 maybe at Karanji or Kelapur (near panadharkawda) or Bori (between pandharkawda-Adilabad). Refer map.

.https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en...=h&mra=mr&z=11

This is to avoid the bad patch. However I dont know the road condition between Wani and these points. Nagpur-Warora is smooth 4-Lane. Warora-Wani is ok (due to coal trucks) . Should I do this or simply take on the bad patch of NH-7.
Its not going to do you any great savings in terms of time or drive comfort.Wani to Karanji had a lot of road works in progress and plus the roads in and around Wani were not in great shape and coal trucks parked all over the place.

If theres a way you can avoid the MH-AP border post Pandharkawda then only a diversion makes sense,else imho it would be best to stick to the NH7.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th April 2014, 00:09   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Guys I will be travelling in May from Nagpur to Hyderabad and back. I was thinking of going via Warora -Wani and joining NH-7 maybe at Karanji or Kelapur (near panadharkawda) or Bori (between pandharkawda-Adilabad). Refer map.

.https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en...=h&mra=mr&z=11

This is to avoid the bad patch. However I dont know the road condition between Wani and these points. Nagpur-Warora is smooth 4-Lane. Warora-Wani is ok (due to coal trucks) . Should I do this or simply take on the bad patch of NH-7.
Hi Under,

What's your date of travel. I am planning to leave for raipur on 1st morning. (I might take the train too..some plans yet to materialize). If that's the date you are travelling, then both cars can leave together. I will be driving with my family and a driver too.

Let me know.

Gaurav
Old 30th April 2014, 00:24   #168
BHPian

So the final plan is to leave Hyd around 5'ish and reach Raipur by 6pm on 1st. It's been more than a year did the same trip by car.

Not expecting much change in road conditions in the Hyd-Nagpur sector. Will keep the forum updated on the same.
Old 13th May 2014, 12:20   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gauravdgr8 View Post
So the final plan is to leave Hyd around 5'ish and reach Raipur by 6pm on 1st. It's been more than a year did the same trip by car.

Not expecting much change in road conditions in the Hyd-Nagpur sector. Will keep the forum updated on the same.
Hyderbad - Nagpur : Total Driving Time: 6:30 hours
Road Condition: Awesome till MH border, total 320 kms from Hyderabad
1st Bad Stretch: 35 kms : Quite Bad, some stretched have now some road work started. Maybe around 10 kms stretch will be done by monsoon.

2nd bad stretch 25 kms: Some stretches here are good and bad.

Total time taken to cover from MH border to Hinganghat : 1 hour

There is now a nice Srinath Punjabi Dhaba just before Adilabad on the highway. Food is decent with good parking space. Good for family as no is alcohol allowed.

Last edited by gauravdgr8 : 13th May 2014 at 12:22.
gauravdgr8 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th May 2014, 13:59   #170
BHPian

I am doing Nagpur-Hyderabad tomorrow. That info will be helpful about the Punajbi dhaba.
Old 14th May 2014, 00:35   #171
BHPian

Quote:
I am doing Nagpur-Hyderabad tomorrow. That info will be helpful about the Punajbi dhaba.
What are you driving? Be careful about the roads as low GC cars need to be driven carefully when on the bad stretch.

Have a safe trip. Feel free to reach out for any help.
Old 19th May 2014, 11:14   #172
BHPian

Did the round trip in my 08'Corolla. 8 hours from nagpur home to gachibowli home, and 7 hours on the return leg. Had to take breaks coz had a 2 yr old kid with me.Yes medchal (hyd outskirts) to Butibori (nagpur outskirts) does take 6-6:30 hours. If the bad patches are complete it should not take more than 6 hours flat.
Old 22nd May 2014, 11:21   #173
Senior - BHPian

I will be driving from Bangalore to Nagpur on 31st May. Given the recent road conditions, is it doable in 14 hours?
Old 22nd May 2014, 17:19   #174
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanray View Post
I will be driving from Bangalore to Nagpur on 31st May. Given the recent road conditions, is it doable in 14 hours?
Saar,
It is doable if you bypass Hyderabad city traffic
BLR- HYD : 6.5 to 7 Hrs.
HYD - NGP : 6 to 6.5 Hrs. (I have done this stretch in the last week of April'14)

All the Best!
Old 22nd May 2014, 22:57   #175
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Night_Hawk View Post
Saar,
It is doable if you bypass Hyderabad city traffic
BLR- HYD : 6.5 to 7 Hrs.
HYD - NGP : 6 to 6.5 Hrs. (I have done this stretch in the last week of April'14)

All the Best!
Thanks

I have done that drive a few times now. Seems that the Hyd - Nagpur stretch has improved a bit - - going by the recent posts here - since I drove to Nagpur in Oct 2013.

I will doing the Bangalore - Kanha - Tadoba - Bangalore circuit this time.

Last edited by nilanjanray : 22nd May 2014 at 22:59.
Old 18th June 2014, 07:27   #176
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks

I have done that drive a few times now. Seems that the Hyd - Nagpur stretch has improved a bit - - going by the recent posts here - since I drove to Nagpur in Oct 2013.

I will doing the Bangalore - Kanha - Tadoba - Bangalore circuit this time.
Sir, hope you had a great drive.
Can you please update about the road conditions? I am particularly looking for the bad stretch near MH border as I don't have a car with good GC
Old 18th June 2014, 19:03   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Can you please update about the road conditions? I am particularly looking for the bad stretch near MH border as I don't have a car with good GC
The bad stretch is as bad as ever.Status quo.If you take it slow no problems with getting across.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2014, 07:56   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adimicra View Post
Drive slowly, there will be no issues. Any vehicle can do it. It is much better than what it was last October.

I passed Bangalore Airport around 6.30am and reached Bison Retreat Rukkhad around 9.20pm.

Nagpur - Seoni stretch is pretty good now apart from occasional potholes nearv the border.
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th July 2014, 13:21   #179
BHPian

Quote:
Drive slowly, there will be no issues. Any vehicle can do it. It is much better than what it was last October.

I passed Bangalore Airport around 6.30am and reached Bison Retreat Rukkhad around 9.20pm.

Nagpur - Seoni stretch is pretty good now apart from occasional potholes nearv the border.
So a quick question! Is Bangalore-Nagpur doable in 14hrs? Say if I leave at 4am, will I be able to make it by around 6pm. I will be doing this during the winters with my wife and a year old son.

Bangalore-Hyd I know is not an issue, but I am worried about HYD Nagpur, I had traveled through that road in 2008, it was in a pathetic state during that time.

I will be going to Jabalpur, so was deciding whether to stop at Hyd or Nagpur!

Last edited by ssjr0498 : 15th July 2014 at 13:37.
Old 15th July 2014, 13:33   #180
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssjr0498 View Post
So a quick question! Is Bangalore-Nagpur doable in 14hrs? Say if I leave at 4am, will I be able to make it by around 6pm. I will be doing this during the winters with my wife and a year old son.

Bangalore-Hyd I know is not an issue, but I am worried about HYD Nagpur, I had traveled through that road in 2008, it was in a pathetic state during that time.
I was driving a SUV, so could go over the bad patches faster. I did do it in less than 14 hours. BUT:
1. There might be fog in winter
2. Road conditions might be worse after the rains
nilanjanray is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks