Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th November 2013, 15:55   #151

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Hi,

I’ll be traveling to Tadoba Andheri reserve from Hyderabad later this month. Wanted to get the latest on road conditions for route below:

Hyderbad - Karanji - Wani - Warora - Chimur - Kolara gate.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks so much,
Sumit

Last edited by GTO : 20th November 2013 at 15:53. Reason: PM coming up
Old 19th November 2013, 13:07   #152
Senior - BHPian

Sumit, The AP MH border after Adilabad till Pandharkawda continues to be pathetic.No work happening there still.Otherwise roads are all good.Budget for a 8hr drive.

Last edited by mobike008 : 20th November 2013 at 16:54. Reason: Removed the font issue quote and added name of whom your replying too
Old 19th November 2013, 14:07   #153

Thanks Ranjit. So the story hasn't changed much. ~35 km of bad roads is what one will have to go through.
sumitj is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th November 2013, 15:32   #154
Senior - BHPian

I did Bangalore - Raipur last week, and this road is totally an eyesore. Overall stretch of about 50Kms, with one being a 20Kms fully bad road and the rest being good and bad mixed up. Essentially meaning you cannot do consistent high speeds for long periods of time.

What i was surprised is to see the toll area being constructed first, when the road is in complete shambles.

While going it took me about 7.5 hours and while returning 6.5 hours. Also because while going i was doing the 1400Kms drive without stopping for the night, hence had to pace myself. While returning i stopped at Nagpur for the night.

The road was blessing in disguise while going, as i crossed this section sometime between 12-3 in the night, hence no chance of sleep hitting me with such roads and speeds of ~10Kms per hour .
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th November 2013, 13:05   #155
Senior - BHPian

Overall seeing the condition did not improve from my 2011 & 2012 drives. Stretch near AP & MH border is real pain and while going I was crossing that stretch in night with drizzle. I will travel again in this stretch next year May.

Only consolation is Hyderabad bye-pass (even with diversions) which itself consuming 1 to 1.5 hours to cross without it (Gachibawli road).
Old 4th December 2013, 10:15   #156
BHPian

Hi Friends,

I drove to Nagpur last time in September 2013 and that time the 60 km stretch just after the MH border starts, was really pathetic, in fact, nonexistent roads I would say. I attributed it to the fact that maybe due to incessant rains but what I see is it's been many years since the stretch is under construction and nothing has happened. I am planning to drive again this Friday, and was thinking positively that the stretch might have been at least repaired with patch work but reading the above responses are really discouraging. Is it the same bad that it was in August or at least some improvement? I remember there were huge craters and pot holes in that stretch. Also, another problem is apart from Haritha, which is just 100 km from Hyderabad and Malgudi which is again 90 km from Hyderabad, I haven't yet been able to find suitable places for bio-breaks, especially for ladies. Please kindly guide if there are any that I might have missed.

Any inputs on the latest road condition (especially that stretch, otherwise I am confident on AP govt. and NHAI combo, worked wonders everywhere) and suitable places as well highly appreciated.

Sarang
Old 4th December 2013, 12:59   #157

I did Hyd-Karanji last week and the road after AP-MH border is pathetic. There is everthing there that you can imagine like potholes, craters, diversions, bumps, ...... including a sight of trucks and tempos overtaking you.

The distance of 15-20 km is really bad until you reach the toll gate after pankharwada. then the road improves.
Old 4th December 2013, 16:03   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sforsarang View Post

Is it the same bad that it was in August or at least some improvement? I remember there were huge craters and pot holes in that stretch. Also, another problem is apart from Haritha, which is just 100 km from Hyderabad and Malgudi which is again 90 km from Hyderabad, I haven't yet been able to find suitable places for bio-breaks, especially for ladies. Please kindly guide if there are any that I might have missed.

Any inputs on the latest road condition (especially that stretch, otherwise I am confident on AP govt. and NHAI combo, worked wonders everywhere) and suitable places as well highly appreciated.
No addition of eating places enroute.No places for toilets enroute

MH-AP border after Adilabad till Pandharkawda is still the same no change in that.Hyd-Nagpur is done in 7hrs usually now a days.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 08:56   #159
BHPian

I m driving the Nagpur - Hyderabad stretch next week. And I am preparing to face this bad stretch around Pandharkwada (hope it is around 20-30 kms only).

Can anybody let me know the better eating points for lunch, etc enroute> I will be leaving Nagpur around 9.30 am, and hope I can touch the Hyderabad outskirts by 7.00 pm. I want to drive in a sedate manner only, no hurry!

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 14:23   #160
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
I m driving the Nagpur - Hyderabad stretch next week. And I am preparing to face this bad stretch around Pandharkwada (hope it is around 20-30 kms only).

Can anybody let me know the better eating points for lunch, etc enroute> I will be leaving Nagpur around 9.30 am, and hope I can touch the Hyderabad outskirts by 7.00 pm. I want to drive in a sedate manner only, no hurry!

Vipin.
No place to eat enroute except the Malgudi at Kammareddy bypass(to your left) and the Haritha APTDC(to your right) approx 1hr to Medchal

The Malgudi is here @ 18°12'52"N 78°23'40"E

If you are driving to Bangalore,then remember to take the ORR turn off to your right.http://goo.gl/maps/FMu5d
Old 19th December 2013, 19:02   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitp1 View Post
No place to eat enroute except the Malgudi at Kammareddy bypass(to your left) and the Haritha APTDC(to your right) approx 1hr to Medchal
If you are driving to Bangalore,then remember to take the ORR turn off to your right.http://goo.gl/maps/FMu5d
Thanks a lot. No, I will be driving to Bangalore only after another four days. I have to basically reach the Osmania University Campus area, from the Tarnaka side. What is the easiest way, is the query now.

Vipin.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2013, 19:50   #162
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
Thanks a lot. No, I will be driving to Bangalore only after another four days. I have to basically reach the Osmania University Campus area, from the Tarnaka side. What is the easiest way, is the query now.

Vipin.
This is the easiest and least traffic route to reach OU from NH7.

http://goo.gl/maps/5FQTY

Coming on NH7,after you get down the ROB after Medchal,you would see Dhola ri Dhani(a RJ themed restaurant) to your left,take the left road after that and follow the map.

NH7-Bolarum RS-Kowkur Dargah-Yapral-CDM-Sainikpuri-AS Rao Nagar-ECIL X Roads-Moula Ali-Lalapet Flyover-Tarnaka-Under the flyover-OU campus

Last edited by ranjitp1 : 19th December 2013 at 19:52.
ranjitp1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd February 2014, 11:12   #163

I did the Hyderabad-Nagpur trip this week (19 feb - 21 feb 2014)

I decided to take the ORR to NH7.. and since patancheru was nearby I decided to enter ORR there.

It took me some time to find the correct ramp. (there is only one entry to both directions)

The ORR exit to NH7 is not ready as on date. You exit the ORR into a narrow road for about a kilometer and enter NH7.

NH7 is smooth sailing (no speed breakers!) till you cross Godavari (just after Adilabad). Very good road.

Just after the Godavari bridge were two enormous potholes which were running the complete width of the road and you cannot avoid them.

The road deteriorated after that. This was the stretch 1 of the bad road. In lots of places there was no road and you drive on irregular stones. The car speed avg 10-15 kmph in those sections. The first bad stretch was appx 30 kms.

Then you enter a tolled 4 lane road (as good as any other in NH7) for 33 kms.

After that road is over, you get the stretch 2 which was like stretch 1. This was for approximate 30 kms.

In these bad stretches there were three types of surfaces -

Surface 1... No Surface. Drive on rough stones and craters. Very slow speed 10-15 kmph
Surface 2.... 1 lane road with humongous craters. China should have tested their Jade Rabbit here. Craters completely across the road and you have to pick the best amongst the worst to enter. Avg speed 20-30 kmph
Surface 3.. 2 Lane roads (but 1 lane is unusable).. watch the trucks. They know the correct lane to use. The entry can be deceptive. Avg speed 50-60 kmph

In all these two stretches add about 1 - 1.15 hrs to the travel. It took me 7 hours (house to house)

All the other sections you can drive above 120 if you want. I have found out that my VW Vento gives best mileage at about 120-130 kmph. Above it the fuel consumption shoots up.

The bad news is - There is no work on the bad road sections. Both the contractor and NHAI seems to have abandoned the project. Can we think of a RTI application to NHAI on these sections?

These sections will deteriorate in time and soon the entire highway will become unusable.

I shudder to think how the drive would be in Monsoon (where u cannot see the crater size) or during Night.
Tindrums is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th February 2014, 09:26   #164
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tindrums View Post

The bad news is - There is no work on the bad road sections. Both the contractor and NHAI seems to have abandoned the project. Can we think of a RTI application to NHAI on these sections?

These sections will deteriorate in time and soon the entire highway will become unusable.

I shudder to think how the drive would be in Monsoon (where u cannot see the crater size) or during Night.
Those sections have been the way they are from time immemorial and every monsoon its a nightmare.Posts on FB,emails to NHAI,everything has been tried but I really dont think anybody cares.
Old 19th April 2014, 11:50   #165
BHPian

Guys I will be travelling in May from Nagpur to Hyderabad and back. I was thinking of going via Warora -Wani and joining NH-7 maybe at Karanji or Kelapur (near panadharkawda) or Bori (between pandharkawda-Adilabad). Refer map.

.https://maps.google.co.in/maps?hl=en...=h&mra=mr&z=11

This is to avoid the bad patch. However I dont know the road condition between Wani and these points. Nagpur-Warora is smooth 4-Lane. Warora-Wani is ok (due to coal trucks) . Should I do this or simply take on the bad patch of NH-7.

Last edited by inder : 19th April 2014 at 11:52. Reason: closing bracket added

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks