Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2023, 10:29   #481
HKP
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Here is a recent update: Oct 2023

I drove to PENCH tiger reserve last weekend, Hyd to Nagpur bypass was around 6:30 hours journey, and to Pench, it took 9 hours with a stop for food. Roads towards the Hinganghat- Nagpur Bypass stretch is really unevenly patched up! I don't understand why only this region is kept like this by Mr Gadkariji as a reminder of how our Highways used to be a decade back!!

Apart from that, the rest of the drive was just cruising at 90-100.

There are many big Petrol bunks on the way closer to Nagpur. I re-fueled at BP outlet called Borkhedi Fuels and they accepted the card.

Between Nagur and Pench the highway in Madhya Pradesh is really a beauty to drive! But there are no good food stops. Restrooms are there in every tool booth but not kept in great condition, some are manageable.

While returning to Hyderabad, I stopped at Sardar Ji Family Dhaba & Restaurant. The place has a separate section for Families. Food has Veg and Non Veg Punjabi options.

Fasttag worked everywhere, overall the way cost was around Rs. 1500 till Pench.

Note: Due to the upcoming Telangana election, there is strict checking by cops in 4-to 5 places in Telangana, Maharashtra. You need to open your bags and they will ask you to show even dashboard storage and anything that looks questionable. Do not carry Cash above 50K in a vehicle or any Liquor bottles. Even though we were a family with 2 kids, the checking was done promptly, with no let-off.

Overall, the stretch is good, start early like 6 AM and the journey time cuts down almost by 1 hour.

\\\hkp

Last edited by HKP : 24th October 2023 at 10:31.
HKP is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2023, 12:24   #482
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HKP View Post

Note: Due to the upcoming Telangana election, there is strict checking by cops in 4-to 5 places in Telangana, Maharashtra. You need to open your bags and they will ask you to show even dashboard storage and anything that looks questionable. Do not carry Cash above 50K in a vehicle or any Liquor bottles. Even though we were a family with 2 kids, the checking was done promptly, with no let-off.
\\\hkp
Was this checking while entering back in TS or was it both ways? And what time was this that day?
Old 25th October 2023, 12:45   #483
HKP
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Was this checking while entering back in TS or was it both ways? And what time was this that day?
Both ways. They have setup Tents and camped on the sides mostly after the toll booths in multiple locations.
As it is the election commission's duty, there is a videographer to capture the checking in case they find anything.

\\\HKP
HKP is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th November 2023, 17:06   #484
BANNED

I was stopped two times while coming from Nagpur to Hyderabad.

Once, at the first toll just after entering Telangana. This time it was a single Police person. He checked 3-4 of my luggage.

Second somewhere near a toll somewhere near Nirmal (I don't recall). Here there were 3-4 police guys along with videographer taking all the videos.

Apparently they are looking for cash more than 50k. Upto 50k cash is fine to carry.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th November 2023, 16:17   #485
Senior - BHPian

Update on the road conditions after my trip to Nagpur last week.

The roads between Pandarkawada and Karanji undulations are there in the road.
Most of the potholes have been patched up.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 10:58   #486
BHPian

I will be traveling with family from Hyderabad to Nagpur and back during the last week of this month. Are there any decent places for food/bio breaks on this highway?
Old 11th February 2024, 16:16   #487
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
I will be traveling with family from Hyderabad to Nagpur and back during the last week of this month. Are there any decent places for food/bio breaks on this highway?
The decent options are all on the Telangana side. You won't find good ones once you cross the border. There are very few near pandarkawda but suggest you to have it in Telangana side only. There are few in normal but for that you to go into the town.
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th February 2024, 16:50   #488
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarlet_Rider View Post
You can consider following two:
  1. Sri Aadya Grand - https://maps.app.goo.gl/WRuMPgzfuBdDvzLP6?g_st=iw. I stopped for breakfast on way to Nagpur. Decent food, clean washroom and efficient service
  2. The Malgudi - https://maps.app.goo.gl/TQzT14tngkPnzfMi7?g_st=iw. Stopped for lunch on way back to Hyderabad. Only thali available. Again decent place
Dosojin is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st March 2024, 11:49   #489
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dosojin View Post
You can consider following two:
  1. Sri Aadya Grand
  2. The Malgudi
Thanks for the suggestions. Stopped at Sri Aadya Grand for breakfast on way to Nagpur. Found another decent place. Vithal Kamat at Hinganghat, 70 kms before Nagpur. We stopped here for breakfast on our way back from Nagpur. Good food and clean washroom. There is a fuel station next to it as well. Link: https://maps.app.goo.gl/REhQrh6t86B5qaJ76

In terms of road conditions, the first 120 kms from Hyderabad had a lot of diversions before and after Medichal due to many flyovers being constructed. This adds up to the overall travel time. The road after the TS border ends to somewhere near Pandharkawada is not that good and one needs to be careful to avoid the potholes.

Last edited by Scarlet_Rider : 1st March 2024 at 12:12.
Scarlet_Rider is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks