Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Old 13th April 2021, 12:43   #421
BHPian

Default Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Just did Blr -> Ghaziabad via Hyd -> Ngp -> Jabalpur -> Jhansi on 8th April. Reached Ghaziabad on 10th.

No checks at the state borders. I was stopped at MP-MH border just before entering Pench inside MP. I was just asked the source and destination.

Roads in Telangana/Andra are very smooth. Road sense prevails for most of the part. While entering MH, there was a slight rough patch near the check-post/toll area but other than that roads were smooth. I did not enter Nagpur but took the bypass to MP.

Roads in MP are good too but road sense is a bit off. You can expect random vehicles to show up at the crossing / medians.
Old 29th April 2021, 17:33   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Hyderabad - Nagpur - Pench couple of weeks back.

Roads on Telangana side is good, as soon as you get on to MH side, the road becomes bumpy with certain small bad sections coming suddenly after a good patch. Also, be lookout for stray cattle.

The road condition is particularly bad on the carriageway towards north compared to the one towards south.

Also, there was speed checking few KMs past end of Nagpur ring road towards MP side, saw this both during onward and return trip and the regular paper check couple of KMs past the toll booth as soon as you enter Nagpur ring road when driving towards south.

No other Corona related check anywhere else.
mpksuhas is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 17:36   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Just did Blr -> Ghaziabad via Hyd -> Ngp -> Jabalpur -> Jhansi on 8th April. Reached Ghaziabad on 10th.

No checks at the state borders. I was stopped at MP-MH border just before entering Pench inside MP. I was just asked the source and destination.
Thanks. Any reason for going via Jabalpur, is that not a longer roundabout route?
Old 29th April 2021, 21:48   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Thanks. Any reason for going via Jabalpur, is that not a longer roundabout route?
Yes it is longer. The reason was very silly and might paint a different picture inside MP. Initially I was to stay in Sagar but then I was traveling with my fiancee. I had booked one 4 star hotel but then got a SMS where the rules stated that unmarried couples are not welcome. I called up the hotel just to be sure and the hotel staff immediately asked me to cancel. I checked with almost all the hotels in Sagar but everyone was negative with unmarried couples staying in their property. I was disgusted.
Then I called up a friend of mine who was a native of MP. He suggested me to stay in Jabalpur. Hence I booked a hotel on the outskirts of Jabalpur.
No offense to anyone from MP but I felt that area (Sagar) was pretty backward.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 08:27   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
No offense to anyone from MP but I felt that area (Sagar) was pretty backward.
Have you tried this in Nagpur?
I have several instances where I had to show my marriage certificate. In fact the shocking part was once after several years I was travelling with my wife when she was carrying and they still asked for it!!!
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:58   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Have you tried this in Nagpur?
I would have stayed in Nagpur had there been no lock-down in place.

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
I have several instances where I had to show my marriage certificate. In fact the shocking part was once after several years I was travelling with my wife when she was carrying and they still asked for it!!!
What ? Really ? This is insane. Good that I stayed in Jabalpur then.

Most Viewed