Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2021, 12:43   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Just did Blr -> Ghaziabad via Hyd -> Ngp -> Jabalpur -> Jhansi on 8th April. Reached Ghaziabad on 10th.

No checks at the state borders. I was stopped at MP-MH border just before entering Pench inside MP. I was just asked the source and destination.

Roads in Telangana/Andra are very smooth. Road sense prevails for most of the part. While entering MH, there was a slight rough patch near the check-post/toll area but other than that roads were smooth. I did not enter Nagpur but took the bypass to MP.

Roads in MP are good too but road sense is a bit off. You can expect random vehicles to show up at the crossing / medians.
Old 29th April 2021, 17:33   #422
Distinguished - BHPian

Did Hyderabad - Nagpur - Pench couple of weeks back.

Roads on Telangana side is good, as soon as you get on to MH side, the road becomes bumpy with certain small bad sections coming suddenly after a good patch. Also, be lookout for stray cattle.

The road condition is particularly bad on the carriageway towards north compared to the one towards south.

Also, there was speed checking few KMs past end of Nagpur ring road towards MP side, saw this both during onward and return trip and the regular paper check couple of KMs past the toll booth as soon as you enter Nagpur ring road when driving towards south.

No other Corona related check anywhere else.
mpksuhas is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 29th April 2021, 17:36   #423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ankitsharma View Post
Just did Blr -> Ghaziabad via Hyd -> Ngp -> Jabalpur -> Jhansi on 8th April. Reached Ghaziabad on 10th.

No checks at the state borders. I was stopped at MP-MH border just before entering Pench inside MP. I was just asked the source and destination.
Thanks. Any reason for going via Jabalpur, is that not a longer roundabout route?
Old 29th April 2021, 21:48   #424
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvel View Post
Thanks. Any reason for going via Jabalpur, is that not a longer roundabout route?
Yes it is longer. The reason was very silly and might paint a different picture inside MP. Initially I was to stay in Sagar but then I was traveling with my fiancee. I had booked one 4 star hotel but then got a SMS where the rules stated that unmarried couples are not welcome. I called up the hotel just to be sure and the hotel staff immediately asked me to cancel. I checked with almost all the hotels in Sagar but everyone was negative with unmarried couples staying in their property. I was disgusted.
Then I called up a friend of mine who was a native of MP. He suggested me to stay in Jabalpur. Hence I booked a hotel on the outskirts of Jabalpur.
No offense to anyone from MP but I felt that area (Sagar) was pretty backward.
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2021, 08:27   #425
BHPian

Quote:
No offense to anyone from MP but I felt that area (Sagar) was pretty backward.
Have you tried this in Nagpur?
I have several instances where I had to show my marriage certificate. In fact the shocking part was once after several years I was travelling with my wife when she was carrying and they still asked for it!!!
Old 2nd May 2021, 22:58   #426
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Have you tried this in Nagpur?
I would have stayed in Nagpur had there been no lock-down in place.

Quote:
I have several instances where I had to show my marriage certificate. In fact the shocking part was once after several years I was travelling with my wife when she was carrying and they still asked for it!!!
What ? Really ? This is insane. Good that I stayed in Jabalpur then.
Old 21st July 2021, 13:23   #427
BHPian

Quote:

Roads in MP are good too but road sense is a bit off. You can expect random vehicles to show up at the crossing / medians.
Hi ankitsharma, was reading for road updates between Nagpur and Jabalpur. Are the road constructions completed? Team bhp updates from last year seem to highlight a lot of diversions in this route earlier. Thanks for the update.
Old 28th July 2021, 18:47   #428
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Hi ankitsharma, was reading for road updates between Nagpur and Jabalpur. Are the road constructions completed? Team bhp updates from last year seem to highlight a lot of diversions in this route earlier. Thanks for the update.
I did not face any under-construction road on this route. Road condition was good in general, with the exception of one or two places where the road was uneven/potholes ridden.

Road near the Pench National Park was very smooth.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 28th July 2021 at 18:48. Reason: Grammar
ankitsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2021, 10:05   #429
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ankit, I have a trip to Jhansi coming up. Wanted to know hows the road condition between Sagar and Jhansi and how much time you took to cover this distance.
To be specific, potholes, diversions that you may have faced. October is too far fetched but still a general idea may be helpful.

Thanks in advance
Old 14th August 2021, 10:27   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Ankit, I have a trip to Jhansi coming up. Wanted to know hows the road condition between Sagar and Jhansi and how much time you took to cover this distance.
To be specific, potholes, diversions that you may have faced. October is too far fetched but still a general idea may be helpful.

Thanks in advance
So roads in MP are very good till the UP/MP border. Only issue is that common sense does not prevail on the roads. You will find all sorts of indiscipline on the road once you get out of Sagar territory. But probably you are well aware and equipped to handle that if you stay in Sagar.

For the first 5-10 Kms inside UP, roads will be average but as you get further you will see a lot of potholes and cattle on the road. Car breaking potholes are available here.

No diversions were encountered on this route.

I left the hotel in Jabalpur around 10 AM and around 1 PM I was crossing Sagar. Reached Jhansi at lunch around 3:45 PM.

All the best for your trip.

P.S. I was driving fast, read illegal speeds. If you drive sanely within the limits add probably an hour to this.

Last edited by ankitsharma : 14th August 2021 at 10:28. Reason: Adding more info
Old 16th August 2021, 09:30   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Sagar to Jhansi is in excellent condition with some areas laid with new tarmac. I drove in this section, Malthone to Jhansi (160) kms last month. Even the M.P./U.P border is not an issue.

Quote:
So roads in MP are very good till the UP/MP border. Only issue is that common sense does not prevail on the roads. You will find all sorts of indiscipline on the road once you get out of Sagar territory. But probably you are well aware and equipped to handle that if you stay in Sagar.

For the first 5-10 Kms inside UP, roads will be average but as you get further you will see a lot of potholes and cattle on the road. Car breaking potholes are available here.
When you come from Hyderabad and proceed to Jhansi, why did you have to go up to Jabalpur? You can well take a left turn at Lakhnadaun (80 kms before Jabalpur) and proceed to Narsinghpur and Sagar.

I agree with you that there is a lack of common sense in driving once you enter U.P.
Old 16th October 2021, 22:31   #432
BHPian

Any recent updates on this route?
Old 17th October 2021, 00:43   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
Mostly the same; Maharashtra stretches (post Adilabad) are tricky with those random (but deep) potholes popping up on a seemingly smooth stretch. Quite a few diversions (overbridge constructions) as well, near Hinghanghat, Pandharkawda.
Just FYI, in case you're going onwards to Durg/Raipur, the single lane small ghat section, through the forest area (post Bhandara) is in a very bad state, with traffic jams due to trucks breaking down, on those crater sized poth holes. Thankfully, the police are actively managing the traffic, theought the section, for the most part.

Drive Safe!
avinash_m is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 06:50   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
When you come from Hyderabad and proceed to Jhansi, why did you have to go up to Jabalpur? You can well take a left turn at Lakhnadaun (80 kms before Jabalpur) and proceed to Narsinghpur and Sagar.

Yup I am aware that I can continue on the Lakhnadaun-Sagar stretch but since Jabalpur is my native, I was planning to have some more people onboarded from there before moving towards Jhansi.
naivedyanm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2021, 07:00   #435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jphukan View Post
The highway is decent I'd say.

Hyderabad to MH border near to Adilabad is a neat stretch.
Post Adilabad, a few stretches of potholes here and there which have popped up post rainy season.
This is the story till maybe 40-60kms ahead of Pandharkwada. By the way, the toll at Pandharkwada that cost INR 30 once upon a time not too long back, now cost INR 90.

After this not so good stretch, its a decent drive till Nagpur with a few stretches beig single lane due to post monsoon repair work in progress.

If you are going towards Jabalpur, after nagpur, bhandara bypass wont let you make many complaints.
Once you are done with the bypass, the entire ride from Ramtek till Jabalpur is literally a breeze in my opinion.
naivedyanm is offline   (5) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks