Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th October 2021, 12:46   #436
DVK
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by naivedyanm View Post
Post Adilabad, a few stretches of potholes here and there which have popped up post rainy season.
This is the story till maybe 40-60kms ahead of Pandharkwada.
Are these deep potholes which are rim and back breakers? Did they catch you out or are they easily identifiable? Asking because will be taking grandparents along from Hyderabad to Nagpur post Diwali.
Old 28th October 2021, 16:43   #437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
Are these deep potholes which are rim and back breakers? Did they catch you out or are they easily identifiable? Asking because will be taking grandparents along from Hyderabad to Nagpur post Diwali.
They're bad and a few of them are deep. Also, they pop up in diffrent parts of the road, so there is no chance that you can avoid them all. If it is raining or drizzling, it will be even more taxing, as you cannot gauge the depth of those.

We had to drive at speeds below 60 on that entire stretch of around 50 kms as we wanted to avoid damaging the car. A couple of them took us at surprise when we were going at higher speeds, hence had to slow down.

Also, around 20 kms before Adilabad, there is a scenic hilly, wooded stretch where we found some deep potholes on the right lane, closer to the divider. But as it was not drizzling, we could avoid them.

The return leg to Hyderabad was not as bad as the onward leg though.

We had driven to Jabalpur on Oct 2nd and to Rajnagar, MP on 3rd. We returned via Bilaspur, Bhilai and Nagpur a week later.
vnabhi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 10:53   #438
DVK
BHPian

Thanks for the update vnabhi. I unfortunately had to cancel my trip last minute, but those of us from the original plan who travelled did echo the same. The stretch from Hinganghat toll till Adilabad is in bad condition (from Nagpur). Though it seems the roads are being worked upon.
For the journey towards Nagpur, the conditions are similar from Adilabad till Pandharkawada however a little more manageable.

This was the condition as of last week.
Old 15th November 2021, 14:08   #439
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVK View Post
The stretch from Hinganghat toll till Adilabad is in bad condition (from Nagpur). Though it seems the roads are being worked upon.
For the journey towards Nagpur, the conditions are similar from Adilabad till Pandharkawada however a little more manageable.

Had a drive to Varanasi and back last weekend .
From Telangana Maharastra border to Pandarkawada occasional pot holes wheras the return back Stretch of the four lane is good. But it is manageble.
gajadonga is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th November 2021, 11:08   #440

Had been facing issue logging in to my T-BHP account, it just got resolved.

Thanks to the email alerts from this thread, I was able to stay tuned to posts from my fellow BHPians! We are all set to redo Hyd-Nagpur stretch (5th time in 2 years), on way to my hometown in Brajrajnagar, Odisha. Starting off on 19/Nov (Friday) night, this time with a break around Bhandara (MH) and complete the rest during the next night. Wish the stretch immediately post Bhandara doesn't throw any surprise at me. Will update the road conditions on reaching home.

Return to Hyderabad in early Jan 2022 would start from Bhubaneswar, with a day-long stay at Lambasingi, AP.
Old 19th November 2021, 10:45   #441
DVK
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dashing Dashes View Post
Starting off on 19/Nov (Friday) night, this time with a break around Bhandara (MH) and complete the rest during the next night. Wish the stretch immediately post Bhandara doesn't throw any surprise at me. Will update the road conditions on reaching home.

Return to Hyderabad in early Jan 2022 would start from Bhubaneswar, with a day-long stay at Lambasingi, AP.
Last time I travelled on the Nagpur- Raipur route there was road expansion going on in some places after Bhandara in the Chhattisgarh side of the stretch. The roads are pretty amazing though. Just be sure to not overspeed since it is pretty easy to do so on that stretch.

Safe Travels!
DVK is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 07:48   #442
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
When you come from Hyderabad and proceed to Jhansi, why did you have to go up to Jabalpur? You can well take a left turn at Lakhnadaun (80 kms before Jabalpur) and proceed to Narsinghpur and Sagar.

I agree with you that there is a lack of common sense in driving once you enter U.P.
Jabalpur is my native so plan was to get people on board and proceed to Jhansi
Old 25th November 2021, 08:10   #443
BHPian

Did Hyderabad to Jabalpur on 13-Nov 2021 (8th time since October 2020) took nearly 11 hours with multiple breaks i would say overall breaks were nearly 1.5 hours duration.

Now regarding the route, overall a breeze. Some repair work in progress near caulverts before Adilabad.

Some patches have been filled but a few potholes still remain after Pandharkwada. The route is very scenic and the ghat roads once you enter MP are well maintained.

Had a cup of tea at MHKS plaza on outskirts of Nagpur and got my beast refilled too.

Also a minor single lane after one crosses Nagpur due to flyover work in progress. But doesnt eat up a lot of time.

Overall, I started at 7 A.M. from gachibowli and was home at 6.05 PM.

Got a decent fuel efficiency of 17kmpl on tank to tank in my 2.0L fiat sourced engine.
Old 26th November 2021, 19:38   #444

Did Hyderabad-->Nagpur-->Raipur-->Jharsuguda (Odisha) during the last weekend (nights of 19th and 20th Nov). Roads within Telangana are absolute breeze. To my surprise, even the stretch beyond Hinganghat has shown a significant improvement with the recent patchworks done (though one can still feel the jerks over the unevenly laid tarmac). This smooth ride continues till Bhandara, MH and then the condition deteriorates drastically. The single road with 2-lane traffic throughs all possible challenges to the driver as well as the vehicle, saw a very unfortunate accident (on way to Rajnandgaon, CG) on 20th morning, where lives were lost following a head-on collision involving a fully-loaded lorry and a Bolero pick-up truck, both the vehicles were thrown off the road as a result of the impact. Till 10 AM on 20th morning, we covered 800 kms and took a day-long break at Durg (earlier we used to drive home at a stretch but this time my wife and kid were not comfortable). Resumed our journey by 10 PM with a dinner break at Raipur. Roads continue to be poor for few kms past Raipur, but then the drive becomes swift and steady. Completed the remaining 400 odd kms by 3 AM on 21st Nov to reach our destination.

Thanks DVK for the heads-up on road condition post Bhandara, I had this warning in mind and stayed safe!
Old 23rd December 2021, 13:55   #445
BHPian

Hi, we (wife, young kid and I) are planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Club Mahindra Kanha in January. Would appreciate advice on availability of food & fuel stops along the way, current road conditions, and any other things we need to be aware of. Thank you
Old 23rd December 2021, 18:17   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Agarwaka View Post
Hi, we (wife, young kid and I) are planning a road trip from Hyderabad to Club Mahindra Kanha in January. Would appreciate advice on availability of food & fuel stops along the way, current road conditions, and any other things we need to be aware of. Thank you

Hyderabad to Nagpur good roads throughout.After Hyderabad outskirts regular
Dhabas are there should go into towns for a small break in case needed.
When I traveled last month went into Nirmal town and near to the bus stand good hotels are there.Nagpur can take the bypass.

From Seoni - Nainpur - Chiraidongri it is the regular dual lane statehighway.
rough surface of roads occasionally.Since I drove in the night very minimal traffic.Nainpur town traffic must be there during the day may take some time to traverse.
Chiraidongri - Mocha it is a single road and passes through almost the buffer area of Kanha will be a nice drive .

I had traveled from Kanha to Bhadarvgarh so after the tiger safari from Mukki gate in Kanha took the route through Motinala and Mandala. Motinala had a good restaurant bang on the highway where we stopped for dinner.
Mukki to Motinala very good ride through the forest but every 7 to 8kms especially in the curves lots of speed breakers.So have to drive at a slow pace.
After Seoni not much places to stop for food need to carry food.
All the best to sight a tiger have a great time in Kanha
gajadonga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2021, 09:53   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gajadonga View Post
Hyderabad to Nagpur good roads throughout.After Hyderabad outskirts regular....
All the best to sight a tiger have a great time in Kanha
Thank you very much for this detailed post; it's very helpful!
Old 9th June 2022, 17:26   #448
BANNED

Wanted to check if there is any latest update on the road conditions between Nagpur and Hyderabad (Especially the MH section)?

Also, is there a recommended place to stay just 100-150km before Hyderabad?
We would be visiting to our home there after many months and things must be dusty. So we wanted to reach there not so tired so that we can clean the house a little when we reach haha.
Old 13th June 2022, 14:58   #449
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Wanted to check if there is any latest update on the road conditions between Nagpur and Hyderabad (Especially the MH section)?

Also, is there a recommended place to stay just 100-150km before Hyderabad?
We would be visiting to our home there after many months and things must be dusty. So we wanted to reach there not so tired so that we can clean the house a little when we reach haha.
Did Nagpur - BLR couple of weeks back. Roads are almost perfect with sparse traffic which is a boon. We left Nagpur at 5am and hit Hyde ORR by 12pm. Non stop drive with only restroom/tea breaks. NO need to stay anywhere other than home.
supertinu is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th June 2022, 16:13   #450
BANNED

Completed my trip from Varanasi to Hyderabad couple of days back.

Day 1: Varanasi - Jabalpur:
* Started from Varanasi around 4 AM and reached Jabalpur (Bhedaghat) around 11 AM.
* Took via Mirzapur. Roads are in good condition. The connecting road between Varanasi-Allahabad road and Mirzapur-Rewa road is 2 lane. But we covered this stretch in very early morning. Hence no rush.
* We went through Rewa and Katni and didn't take the bypass as it's not 4 lane. And going through town showing same time per google. Saved some toll .
* For Varanasi - Rewa, there are two road options. One via Allahabad and another via Mirzapur. The Mirzapur section has completed and is a much better option now (shorter + lesser traffic). The Allahabad option goes via populated area and is longer distance as well.

Day 2: Jabalpur - Hyderabad
* Started from Bhedaghat around 5 AM and reached Hyderabad around 7 PM.
* Initially was thinking about staying around Adilabad. Wasted 30-40 minutes searching for good hotel. Unable to find, we decided to have lunch there and reach Hyderabad itself. We had lunch in Hotel Panchvati. That looked like only decent place to stay (it had underground parking facility). None other place had any parking.
* Roads in MH have improved from last time I travelled here in Sep 21. There is still around 10-20 km road where patch work isn't done.

Last edited by ottocycle : 15th June 2022 at 16:21.
ottocycle is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks