Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2016, 16:56   #301
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
Wow. Thats seriously good timing. I did Hinganghat to ORR in 6 hours and I thought that was fast (In my head it was a record of sorts .)

You have my record (in my head) with an extra 70-80 kms.
Yes, Bad roads was super slow but when we got good roads, we were belting. Plus, we never stopped from Nagpur to Medchal.

Also, the point where we started from Nagpur after lunch was 5 minutes before the Ring Road Intersection, a Dhaba attached to a BPCL station and it was around 1430 and exactly when we reached Medchal (Entry to ORR) it was 2030 and we stopped for Dinner here before entering ORR.
Old 7th October 2016, 17:09   #302
BHPian

Hyd -> KamaReddy -> Basara road -> Nizamabad -> MH.

The road was in great condition 3months ago. Highways in TS are well maintained. And toll charges are lil okay.

The highway touches a way to waterfall enroute.
Old 6th December 2016, 13:19   #303
BHPian

Guys, I plan to drive down to Sagar (MP) from Bangalore on 19 or 20th Dec.

The route proposed is Blr-Hyd-Nizamabad or Blr-Hyd-Adilabad on Day 1
Further, Nizamabad or Adilabad to Nagpur and then to Sagar on Day 2.

Wanted advice on 2 aspects.

1. Which part of the route has poor patches of road and what is the approx toll
2. Where is good / decent hotel for an overnight stay at end of day 1. Either in Nizamabad / Adilabad / any other town in the vicinity.

Cheers
Old 6th December 2016, 18:45   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pareshraheja View Post
Where is good / decent hotel for an overnight stay at end of day 1. Either in Nizamabad / Adilabad / any other town in the vicinity.
Nizamabad is not on the Hyderabad - Nagpur highway. You will need to take a left turn at Dichpally and go nearly 20 km to reach Nizamabad.

However, I am not aware of any "decent" hotel in Adilabad.
Old 7th December 2016, 10:16   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
Nizamabad is not on the Hyderabad - Nagpur highway. You will need to take a left turn at Dichpally and go nearly 20 km to reach Nizamabad.
Yes, but I chose that option coz based on by Google search, at-least this place has some options for overnight stay.

That's why I am requesting if anyone on the forum knows of a decent place for an overnight stay preferably in Adilabad. If not, I am willing to drive that extra 20 + 20 Km

Cheers
Old 7th December 2016, 10:48   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, but I chose that option coz based on by Google search, at-least this place has some options for overnight stay.

That's why I am requesting if anyone on the forum knows of a decent place for an overnight stay preferably in Adilabad. If not, I am willing to drive that extra 20 + 20 Km

Cheers
Hotel Sai Panchvati ,cinema road ,Adilabad
Rajesh Rawal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th December 2016, 10:56   #307
BHPian

Quote:

1. Which part of the route has poor patches of road and what is the approx toll
2. Where is good / decent hotel for an overnight stay at end of day 1. Either in Nizamabad / Adilabad / any other town in the vicinity.

Cheers
1. The seoni route is not in good condition. So please take the chhindwara route to Sagar.

2. Hotel Mayuri at Nirmal is a good option. Many bhpians stayed here and the feedback was good. You can search the forum for more details.
A new hotel has come up at Adilabad. Hotel Sai panchvati. No personal experience. You can take a call based on the reviews.
Landkruzer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th December 2016, 15:50   #308
BHPian

Completed a Hyd - Nagpur - Jabalpur - Nagpur - Hyderabad last weekend and here is the road update.

Hyd - Jabalpur(Via Seoni & Forest Area)

1. Started from Gachibowli(Hyderabad) and took the ORR to reach Nagpur Highway.
2. The first 300kms of the highway is extremely good conditions(Toll would be appx 1rs per Km)
3. At about 330Kms mark, the road became single lane(4 lane work in progress). However, you can maintain an average of 50kmph.
4. Started in Hyd at 6:30 Am and reached Nagpur at 2:30Pm(Speeds we did were not very high. The drive was a relaxed one)
5. Started from Nagpur and took the Nagpur - Seoni - Jabalpur highway. Total distance is around 250kms. Out of these 250kms, 70kms is in very bad condition(The forest zone that you can mark on google maps). Practically, had to take the car through craters. Average speed here would be around 25kmph because of this road.
6. I was in hurry and managed to reached Jabalpur in 6hrs after we started from Nagpur

Jabalpur - Seoni - Chindwara - Nagpur - Hyderabad

1. Started at 10:30 Am. After a lot of speaking to the drivers, decided not to take the Seoni forest road.
2. Came upto Seoni and then took the Chindwara road. The road is butter smooth and you can cruise at high speed.
3. This road is appx 80kms longer. Though it is long, the time we took to reach Nagpur was 6Hrs.
4. Also, this road has a couple of toll booths only.
5. We reached Nagpur at 4:30Pm and started back for Hyderabad after our lunch at 5:30Pm.
6. After some enthusiastic driving, reached Hyderabad at 12:15Am.

Hope this helps.
joelchandra is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th April 2017, 13:42   #309
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I plan to drive down to Sagar (MP) from Bangalore on 19 or 20th Dec.
Guys, The trip in Dec was postponed and is finally happening on 10th April i.e. coming Monday.

Plan to leave home in Bangalore(Malleswaram) at about 6 AM and hope to reach hotel Sai Panchavati in Adilabad just before 8 PM the same evening. Hope that this is doable and I also hope that there is some rain on the way to cool off from this sweltering heat.

Continue the journey from Adilabad on 11th morning by 8:30 AM and hope to reach Sagar by 8 PM via the Seoni route as advised by fellow T-BHP members.

Could someone let me know the approx Toll on the way and also any specific areas where the Speed Guns may be waiting for un-suspecting drivers like me.

Any advise on a good place to have lunch on each day will be a welcome bonus. Veg/Non-Veg both will do just fine.

Cheers
Old 10th April 2017, 20:50   #310
MDe
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, The trip in Dec was postponed and is finally happening on 10th April i.e. coming Monday.
I know you are on the road today. If possible, please let me know the details of the road from Adilabad to Nagpur as it was a nightmare last time I drove there. From the earlier updates, I do know that the roads got spoilt quite a bit after rains last year.

If anyone else can help with the road conditions between Hyderabad and Nagpur, please let me know as I plan to drive down on the weekend. Would appreciate any responses.
Old 10th April 2017, 23:02   #311
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I know you are on the road today. If possible, please let me know the details of the road from Adilabad to Nagpur as it was a nightmare last time I drove there. From the earlier updates, I do know that the roads got spoilt quite a bit after rains last year.

If anyone else can help with the road conditions between Hyderabad and Nagpur, please let me know as I plan to drive down on the weekend. Would appreciate any responses.
I suppose you are referring to the Hinghanghat stretch, which is about 60 odd kms. Absolutely nothing to worry about especially on a 4 wheeler. I did this stretch last year in Sept on a motorcycle and it was doable without much fuss. It used to be really bad until about 1.5 years back but work has been going on in full swing.

You will have to slow down for minor diversions and drive at moderate speeds, thats about it.
hothatchaway is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2017, 12:33   #312
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MDe View Post
I know you are on the road today. If possible, please let me know the details of the road from Adilabad to Nagpur as it was a nightmare last time I drove there.
Hi Guys, did the trip over a period of 2 nights and 3 days as my mom decided to join me. The overall drive time from Blr to Sagar was 19 hours as the roads are excellent except for the toll which sets you back by nearly 1800 bucks.

The road patch between Andra border and Maharashtra from where the sign boards read Nagpur 150 km to Nagpur 90 km is 'Men at Work'. The road is not good but not too bad either. You can drive at about 60 to 70 kmph speed with lot of diversions and single road in between.

The other patch between Nagpur and Chindwara seems to have been re-laid recently and this allowed us to cover the distance of 398 km in 5:10 minutes including break for re-fueling and attending nature's call

Cheers
pareshraheja is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2017, 14:24   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Guys, did the trip over a period of 2 nights and 3 days as my mom decided to join me.
Did a return trip on Monday and the plan was to do it in 2 days and 1 night. We were able to comfortably do it as planned.

Left Sagar on Monday at sharp 9 AM and we entered Nagpur at 2 PM. We only stopped once to attend nature's call. It took us 45 minutes to pass through Nagpur as there was no bypass (as per Google Maps).

We decided against stopping for lunch due to the excess heat and ate whatever snacks my MIL had packed for us.

Stopped once again to attend nature's call and finally reached Hotel Mayuri Inn in Nirmal at 6:30 PM. Distance Covered 660 KM

Left next morning at 7:30 AM and stopped once for refueling and attending nature's call before halting at Hotel Suraj Grand in Kurnool for some tasty Biryani. We reached Kurnool at 1:10 PM and left at 1:50 PM.

Continued our journey straight to Blr and reached home in Malleswaram at 6 PM. Distance covered 810 km

Car in Question - Pailo Multijet. Overall fuel efficiency 19 kmpl

Last edited by pareshraheja : 19th April 2017 at 14:25. Reason: Spelling Correction
Old 15th May 2017, 14:09   #314
BHPian

Have any new eateries come up on the Nagpur - Hyderabad highway. Planning to leave Nagpur around 6 in the morning.
Old 25th May 2017, 17:25   #315
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Have any new eateries come up on the Nagpur - Hyderabad highway. Planning to leave Nagpur around 6 in the morning.
Did you travel as planned? Please share your experience and road and weather conditions. I am planning a trip from Hyderabad on 27th and return on 28th this month.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks