Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2016, 21:06   #286
BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

How is the road from Bilaspur to Ranchi? Any nice places to stay. Hope I have not intruded a different route on this thread, if I have please direct me to the relevant thread. Planning a drive from Bengaluru to the NE via Ranchi so wanted to take a different route other than the AP-Orissa-Beangal one as have done his route thrice to Kolkata/Siliguri. Coming back will be by the beaten path of Kolkata/Cuttack(Home Town) AP-Bengaluru.
Old 26th August 2016, 12:13   #287
BHPian

Has anyone travelled on this road recently? How is the Adilabad-Hinganghat section currently after the recent rains? Have to travel to Wardha from Hyderabad on the 2nd-3rd Sept weekend.
Old 8th September 2016, 13:56   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangespat View Post
Has anyone travelled on this road recently? How is the Adilabad-Hinganghat section currently after the recent rains? Have to travel to Wardha from Hyderabad on the 2nd-3rd Sept weekend.
I just covered this route over the weekend. Managed to do Adilabad to Hinganghat (121 Kms Bad Road) in 2 hours both ways. This years good rains have not caused much harm to the roads but have transformed the scenery which is otherwise Barren Reddish Brown to Lush Green. I managed Wardha to Hyderabad in 7 hours flat (Wardha to Hinganghat - 41 kms-1 hour, Hinganghat to Adilabad - 121 kms-2 Hours, Adilabad to Lingampally - 320 kms-4 hours-1 break).

The 4 laning of the road between Adilabad and Hinganghat has been partially completed. It is much better than 2015 as this same stretch then had taken me over 3.5 hrs to complete. Did see a new NHAI Camp on the way. Also saw them surveying the road both times. Fingers crossed for Next year. Hope this helps for the upcoming holiday season.
Old 8th September 2016, 17:01   #289
BHPian

^^ Is the Railway overbridge at Hinganghat complete or do we still have traffic jams there?
Old 12th September 2016, 15:09   #290
BHPian

How is the stretch between Adilabad and Hinganghat, came across some 'not so good' feedback about it in another thread?
What should be reasonable time to account for Hyderabad to Nagpur?
Old 12th September 2016, 15:47   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepv View Post
How is the stretch between Adilabad and Hinganghat, came across some 'not so good' feedback about it in another thread?
What should be reasonable time to account for Hyderabad to Nagpur?
Went a few months back and was ok and much better than last year. Speeds of 70-80 easily possible . In one stretch you can do Hyderabad to Nagpur in 6 hours flat, however to account for some break and easy driving 6.5 to 7 hours is good. Caution, not much good places to eat on the way.

Last edited by nkghai : 12th September 2016 at 16:02.
nkghai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2016, 16:38   #292
Senior - BHPian

What is the best route to hit the Nagpur highway from Gachibowli?
Last time I traveled on this route through Miyapur, the final couple of kms was in a terrible condition.
Old 15th September 2016, 13:06   #293
BHPian

Take the ORR and exit near Medchal. If you are leaving very early only then you can think of crossing the city through Miyapur.
Old 16th September 2016, 14:17   #294
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by inder View Post
Take the ORR and exit near Medchal. If you are leaving very early only then you can think of crossing the city through Miyapur.
Thanks a lot. When I traveled last time, the final couple of KMS from the ORR exit to the NH was in shambles. Is that all good now?
Old 16th September 2016, 14:34   #295
BHPian

It was a tarred 2 lane road,last year,when I came to Hyderabad.
Old 29th September 2016, 23:03   #296
BHPian

Hyderabad - Nagpur road update!

I drove from Hyderabad - Hitec city to nagpur today. Started at 1:45 pm and reached by 10:15 pm. Took the following route :-

Hitec - JNTU - Medchal - Kamareddy - Armoor - Adilabad - Pandharkavda - Hinganghat - Nagpur.

The highway in AP is butter smooth in spite of the rains, except a patch of 10 kms just after Armoor. The patch between Adilabad till Pandharkavda is in its worst condition with potholes big enough to bump the vehicle. Continius rains made it worse for me.

The patch between Pandharkavda till Hinganghat is horrible as of now. I could only cross the 30 kms patch in 1:45 hrs.

Highly advisable to cross this patch is day light.
saurabh89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th September 2016, 07:52   #297
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hitec - JNTU - Medchal - Kamareddy - Armoor - Adilabad - Pandharkavda - Hinganghat - Nagpur.

The highway in AP is butter smooth in spite of the rains, except a patch of 10 kms just after Armoor.
1. What was the route you took from JNTU to Medchal?

2. How, when and where did you manage to reach AP while going from Hyderabad to Nagpur?
Old 30th September 2016, 07:58   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyd_traveller View Post
1. What was the route you took from JNTU to Medchal?

2. How, when and where did you manage to reach AP while going from Hyderabad to Nagpur?

I took the Pragathi Nagar - Bachupally - Bayer factory - Medchal road.

And my bad for AP, it's Telangana.
Old 30th September 2016, 09:08   #299
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh89 View Post
Hyderabad - Nagpur road update!

I drove from Hyderabad - Hitec city to nagpur today. Started at 1:45 pm and reached by 10:15 pm. Took the following route :-

The highway in AP is butter smooth in spite of the rains, except a patch of 10 kms just after Armoor. The patch between Adilabad till Pandharkavda is in its worst condition with potholes big enough to bump the vehicle. Continius rains made it worse for me.

The patch between Pandharkavda till Hinganghat is horrible as of now. I could only cross the 30 kms patch in 1:45 hrs.

Highly advisable to cross this patch is day light.
I so agree with you. 2 weeks back we drove from Delhi to Bangalore via Nagpur - Hyderabad and realised how the stretches between Nagpur and Hyderabad are in shambles.

We started post lunch from Nagpur around 2:30PM and were at Medchal for Dinner before getting onto ORR at 8:30 PM. That is quite good timings despite of bad roads but then daylight helped cover the bad patches faster than night.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2016, 16:47   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
We started post lunch from Nagpur around 2:30PM and were at Medchal for Dinner before getting onto ORR at 8:30 PM. That is quite good timings despite of bad roads but then daylight helped cover the bad patches faster than night.
Wow. Thats seriously good timing. I did Hinganghat to ORR in 6 hours and I thought that was fast (In my head it was a record of sorts .)

You have my record (in my head) with an extra 70-80 kms.

Last edited by mangespat : 7th October 2016 at 16:48. Reason: Spelling error

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks