Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th June 2015, 17:40   #241
BHPian

re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadTiger View Post
Did Hyd-Nagpur-Hyd last weekend - and must say, this is a drive to completely AVOID !

I have done this route nearly half a dozen times over the last 4-5 years and know what to expect - however, the roads (the 2 bad stretches for the 60-odd kms) this time around were the absolute worst I have ever seen. Massive craters such that driving was only in 2nd gear most of the time. It took me over 2.5 hours to cross those 60-odd kms. The roads are such in many, many places that its about trying to find a spot where the tyres can land without the car underbody getting scraped. The underbody did get scraped/ hit twice, despite all the care. Thankfully, no major damage done.

On the way back, tried the Warora-Wani-Mukutban-Adilabad road to avoid the Pandharkawada stretches. However, this road was no better and had lesser number but equally threatening craters along the way. Took almost the same time - so, no advantage.

Took about 8.5 hours each way with some aggressive driving in the rest of stretch - despite the 2.5 hours to cross 70-80 kms !!!
Did Hyd (Gachibowli)-Nagpur (Civil Lines)-Hyd over the weekend with about 6 h.15 m to 6 h.30 m of driving time each way. And what a change vis-à-vis my comments in early-Jan this year. Both stretches are done up very well now - with not a single pothole. Yes, there are diversions, but many of them well marked. One can maintain 80-90 kmph on those stretches for the most part.

After nearly 5+ years of total disrepair, the 50-km stretches get fixed. Not sure if I should be thanking the new Govt or court orders !!! I had a smile pasted on my face while driving this time around

The rest of the 450-odd kms are all nicely 4-laned; no complaints at all !
RoadTiger is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 8th June 2015, 17:44   #242
BHPian

Quote:
Did Hyd (Gachibowli)-Nagpur (Civil Lines)-Hyd over the weekend with about 6 h.15 m to 6 h.30 m of driving time each way. And what a change vis-à-vis my comments in early-Jan this year. Both stretches are done up very well now - with not a single pothole. Yes, there are diversions, but many of them well marked. One can maintain 80-90 kmph on those stretches for the most part.

After nearly 5+ years of total disrepair, the 50-km stretches get fixed. Not sure if I should be thanking the new Govt or court orders !!! I had a smile pasted on my face while driving this time around

Awesome news indeed.Big relief.
Old 13th June 2015, 18:37   #243
BHPian

Great news. Hyderabad Nagpur is excellent drive but for the two wretched stretches. Now one could easily do it in 5-6 hrs. I hope they continue and complete the works and remove the diversions soon.
Road tiger, did you notice any new restaurants/ food joints after TS border?
Old 13th June 2015, 20:13   #244
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by envyravi View Post
Great news. Hyderabad Nagpur is excellent drive but for the two wretched stretches. Now one could easily do it in 5-6 hrs. I hope they continue and complete the works and remove the diversions soon.
Road tiger, did you notice any new restaurants/ food joints after TS border?
I'd say one should budget for 6 to 6.5 hours of driving time, at this point of time unless you fancy doing 120 kmph+ speeds for long periods of time. As regards to 4-laning work in the 2 stretches, there was a fair bit of progress in construction work of bridges, culverts - things that usually take the most time, which is nice. Hope 4-laning gets completed within the next 12 months or so.

There are about 6-7 new restaurants opened in the last 8-9 months, though all of them are on the HYD side - within the first 70-80 odd kms from Medchal, actually. There's a new 'Malgudi' restaurant - that seemed rather nice for families within the first hour or so of leaving HYD. The last 'decent' place for families after you leave HYD is the Haritha hotel - that incidentally has the cleanest loos. Plenty of roadside (truck driver type) dhabas though.

When traveling from Nagpur, there was one new restaurant I saw near the Hinganghat turning that seemed reasonably ok for families from the outside. Nothing of note in the entire MH stretch otherwise. The first immediate option after crossing the border into telangana may be to take a detour from NH7 into Adilabad for a much required meal or a more urgent trip to the loo.

Last edited by RoadTiger : 13th June 2015 at 20:17.
RoadTiger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th June 2015, 10:33   #245
BHPian

Quote:

Hi

Are you referring to the NH7 that leads from Hyderabad to Nagpur? And before you think am asking a redundant question, the reason is, last Nov I drove from Bangalore to Kanha and took NH 7. While it was a breeze from BA upto the AP-MH border and took me less than 12 hours to do ~950 kms, the next 60 odd kms upto Nagpur had me invoke all the deities in the religious pantheon! After doing 950 kms in a breakneck sub 12 hours, it took about 4.5 hours for that 60 odd kms stretch which looked like a highway deserted after being overrun by flesh eating zombies. If this is fixed then it aint too early to plan another cannonball run to the forests of MP
Old 17th June 2015, 13:22   #246
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi

Are you referring to the NH7 that leads from Hyderabad to Nagpur? And before you think am asking a redundant question, the reason is, last Nov I drove from Bangalore to Kanha and took NH 7. While it was a breeze from BA upto the AP-MH border and took me less than 12 hours to do ~950 kms, the next 60 odd kms upto Nagpur had me invoke all the deities in the religious pantheon! After doing 950 kms in a breakneck sub 12 hours, it took about 4.5 hours for that 60 odd kms stretch which looked like a highway deserted after being overrun by flesh eating zombies. If this is fixed then it aint too early to plan another cannonball run to the forests of MP
Yes sir, this is indeed that stretch being discussed here from AP/MH border panderkawda.

But please dont let loose those cannon balls just yet as still the road has some deep occassional craters out of no where.
Old 17th June 2015, 21:19   #247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hothatchaway View Post
Hi

Yes indeed - same stretch ... I had the same sentiment when I traveled in Jan early this year.

As Padcot Prakash mentions, the latest I heard from a relative who traveled last week (post initial rains) is there are a few potholes that have emerged on the smooth 60 km tarmac !

Anyway, still like to feel like the road improvement has something to do with my precious vote at the general elections last year
Old 23rd August 2015, 12:31   #248
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Hi senior BHPians,
Planning to drive from Indore to Bangalore on this 25th Aug via NAGPUR and HYDERABAD .appreciate any updates on the Road condition from you seniors. I have done this stretch via Pune and Bombay,Nashik FOUR times as recently as 7th July. But time wants to try via HYDERABAD
Driving my Beamer 530d. If the road is bad, I am a goner. Please guide.
Old 24th August 2015, 22:23   #249
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumukha View Post
Hi senior BHPians,
Planning to drive from Indore to Bangalore on this 25th Aug via NAGPUR and HYDERABAD .appreciate any updates on the Road condition from you seniors. I have done this stretch via Pune and Bombay,Nashik FOUR times as recently as 7th July. But time wants to try via HYDERABAD
Driving my Beamer 530d. If the road is bad, I am a goner. Please guide.
Just the Nagpur to TS border is patchy to bad.Rest of the route is a breeze,nothing to worry.Pack food from Nagpur city as there is hardly anything available on the highway once you cross Butibori on the outskirts of Nagpur.

As you approach Hyd,after medchal,make sure to turn right onto the Nehru ORR and exit the ring road at Shamshabad and drive towards Bangalore.
Old 22nd September 2015, 12:22   #250
BHPian

I am planning to drive from Bangalore to Nagpur on 09-Oct. I would like to know the current road conditions and recommendations (if any). Since there has been heavy downpour along this stretch for the past 2 months, I am not sure if the road conditions have deteriorated. Please advice.
Old 29th September 2015, 11:03   #251

Team-BHP

I drove from Hyderabad to Nagpur in my Scorpio in August 2014 and again this month. The road after Adilabad (till Jaam) is still the same. Nothing has been done even after the change in rule. Pathetic and Horrible driving conditions.

I could do one way in about 6 hours, including the bumpy ride of about 50 to 60Kms of no road and with One refill stop.

Cheers
Sridhar Gopinathan
Old 2nd October 2015, 16:58   #252
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopsri View Post
The road after Adilabad (till Jaam) is still the same. Nothing has been done even after the change in rule. Pathetic and Horrible driving conditions.
This is surprising. A few months back there were reports of this stretch being patched up. Looks like the heavy rains have taken a toll and things are back to square one
Old 3rd October 2015, 13:31   #253
BHPian

The road after Adilabad till sometime before Nagpur is very bad. I've done a detailed review on this thread - http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3812261. We drove last thursday night and friday morning on this stretch (about a week ago).
Old 9th October 2015, 15:40   #254
BHPian

I am planning a Bangalore to Nagpur non stop trip to attend a wedding at nagpur. Will be doing Bangalore to Hyderabad to Nagpur.
Any ideas on the state of roads, both Bangalore to Hyderabad and Hyderabad to Nagpur?
Old 9th October 2015, 16:48   #255
J.Ravi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hyderabad to Nagpur?
I drove Hyderabad to Nagpur on 25 Sep 2015 and Nagpur to Hyderabad on 7 Oct 2015. The most-dreaded Hinganghat - Adilabad stretch has improved tremendously now compared to the same period last year, when I drove on that stretch. Now, there is an excellent toll road of 30 km, which was non-existent last year. In other places, the craters and potholes have been patched up with two gangs already working. Even now, there are some craters and potholes, but they have drastically reduced in numbers. It is like an armed, harmful dreaded terrorist atoned for his sins, called it a day, laid down his arms and reformed into a harmless part-time, petty thief for his livelihood! I drove using cruise control at 100 kmph on the toll road and 80 kmph on most of the non-toll section! After this strerch, NH 7 was as excellent as ever.

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-road-repair.jpg

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-road-repair2.jpg

Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries-road-repair3.jpg

Last edited by J.Ravi : 9th October 2015 at 16:50.
  (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks