Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2023, 10:15   #466
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hyderabad to Nagpur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvatron View Post
I will be travelling to Nagpur from Hyderabad towards the end of this month, can anyone suggest any good place to eat. Based on the posts in this thread, there aren't any. Even dhabas or road side stalls would do.
We just had a heavy breakfast at the hotel in Nagpur and then didn't stop till hyderabad. We left around 7:30am or so and reached ORR junction by 1pm or so.
Old 19th June 2023, 11:52   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by reignofchaos View Post
We just had a heavy breakfast at the hotel in Nagpur and then didn't stop till hyderabad. We left around 7:30am or so and reached ORR junction by 1pm or so.
Looking at your journey time am hoping the road is smooth and the pot holes have been patched up
Old 19th June 2023, 12:07   #468
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Looking at your journey time am hoping the road is smooth and the pot holes have been patched up
Its the Hinganghat to Hyderabad border stretch that still remains bad so need to be careful.
nitinralli is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2023, 18:43   #469
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Mostly smooth other than a few odd manageable patches in that stretch. You can still do 80-100 on those bits but be on a lookout for potholes.

PS: I drive pretty quick. We did Dehradun to Bangalore in 2 days flat.

Last edited by reignofchaos : 19th June 2023 at 19:08.
reignofchaos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 16:30   #470
BHPian

Quote:
I will be travelling to Nagpur from Hyderabad towards the end of this month, can anyone suggest any good place to eat. Based on the posts in this thread, there aren't any. Even dhabas or road side stalls would do.
Did the drive on June 27th and the return journey on 29th.
  • Hyderabad - Nagpur : Started at 6.30am and reached the destination in Nagpur by 1.30 pm. I was expecting a lot of potholes but encountered very few. After Pandharkawada it looks like few streches have been recently laid out which might have made things better. Although there were few patch works already on these new roads. Only on few occasions had to slow down to 40-50 km/h and on couple of occasions had to come at full stop. From Hinganghat it is good again.Overall not bad as I expected
  • Nagpur - Hyderabad : Started at 8.40 am from Nagpur and reached Gachibowli by 3.30 pm. This stretch was even better and didn't had to go down below 50 kmph due to bad roads.
P.S : Found out that my classmate in school was the contractor for laying out roads near Hinganghat. I think he worked on part which starts few kms before Hinganghat when travelling from Pandharkawada and proceeds towards Nagpur. Told him what a bad job he did for quickly popping potholes

Last edited by Revvatron : 30th June 2023 at 16:33. Reason: List numbers updated
Revvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 10:57   #471
BHPian

Is the speed limit on NH44 from Hyderabad towards Nagpur increased to 100 (from 80)?

We did a trip last week from Hyderabad to Bhopal and back and saw confusing signs of 100 at some places and 80 at others on NH44.

Since Telangana is strict in sending echallans- we stuck to below 80. If the limit is 100, we can save a few hrs in the 900km drive to Bhopal.

w.r.t Road conditions:
Hyderabad to Maharashtra border is butter smooth.
MH border to before Nagpur is slightly poor but you can still do 70-80 comfortably
Nagpur to Betul are better than Telangana stretch
Betul to Bhopal is ok, except just the patch before obdullaganj - which gets bad during rains.
Old 21st August 2023, 11:57   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
We did a trip last week from Hyderabad to Bhopal and back and saw confusing signs of 100 at some places and 80 at others on NH44.
To add more confusion I got 2 challans (Nirmal and Dichpally) for 90
narayans80 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st August 2023, 16:38   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
Am not sure but it seems that the new rule of 100km/hr was effective from July 1, 2023 via this https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/...2.cms?from=mdr

this says Kerala but also says National highways and "per central notification"

If someone has more concrete information, kindly share
Old 28th August 2023, 12:57   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
the speed limits on NHs are 100 except for roads under municipal limits which is 70
https://pib.gov.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1539335
channelv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2023, 13:51   #475
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by channelv View Post
the speed limits on NHs are 100 except for roads under municipal limits which is 70
https://pib.gov.in/Pressreleaseshare.aspx?PRID=1539335
True, but I don't see boards announcing the start and end of municipal limits. This apart, old signboards saying 30 kmph at some spots have not been removed---those were put years ago when the roads were being widened.
Old 3rd October 2023, 17:31   #476
BANNED

Wanted to check what is the most recommended fuel stations for someone taking Nagpur bypass. We plan to start from Hyderabad and would go towards Jabalpur. I believe, somewhere around Nagpur we have to refuel.
Old 3rd October 2023, 19:39   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottocycle View Post
Wanted to check what is the most recommended fuel stations for someone taking Nagpur bypass. We plan to start from Hyderabad and would go towards Jabalpur. I believe, somewhere around Nagpur we have to refuel.
Here's one IOCL COCO on the north side of Nagpur towards Seoni/Jabalpur
Old 8th October 2023, 09:24   #478
BHPian

Quote:
After exiting Nagpur bypass on the northern end but before Mansar, there is an MHKS BPCL fuel station and an attached AC restaurant with all premium facilities. MHKS outlets are reliable too. Otherwise, Seoni town has many.

Last edited by Vipin Kumar : 8th October 2023 at 09:26.
Vipin Kumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2023, 07:20   #479
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vipin Kumar View Post
After exiting Nagpur bypass on the northern end but before Mansar, there is an MHKS BPCL fuel station and an attached AC restaurant with all premium facilities. MHKS outlets are reliable too. Otherwise, Seoni town has many.
Is it possible to locate that on Google maps.

While coming from Hyderabad I refueled at Coco iocl. They didn't accept credit card saying their machines are not working and have been sent for maintenance.
Old 22nd October 2023, 08:54   #480
BHPian

Quote:
Is it possible to locate that on Google maps.

While coming from Hyderabad I refueled at Coco iocl. They didn't accept credit card saying their machines are not working and have been sent for maintenance.
Many outlets on the Oriental Nagpur bypass do not accept cards or redeem your credit points. However, MHKS outlet accepts card.

There are signage boards on the highway much before you reach this facility. I am not sure if it is there on Google, should be.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks