Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th November 2008, 13:52   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
Last month when I came back from Shimoga; I was following Eshwarappa he was in a Lancer.

But you are right they may be flying as there is a helipad in Shimoga.
Most of the time he uses Train ( Shimoga express). I have seen him boarding the train often.
Old 15th November 2008, 13:20   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
Most of the time he uses Train ( Shimoga express). I have seen him boarding the train often.
He might have felt train is safer than the Raod. As we know how our Cabbies are Driving.

OffTopic: I feel KA roads are Bad than Other neighbor State Road. While Coming from TN through Hosur as soon as reach KA border u will feel that. I have some other Exp too.
Old 17th November 2008, 12:41   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post

OffTopic: I feel KA roads are Bad than Other neighbor State Road. While Coming from TN through Hosur as soon as reach KA border u will feel that. I have some other Exp too.

Wondering about the reason for the bad quality of roads....at the same time hoping that the roads get better
Old 18th December 2008, 00:02   #34
Team-BHP Support

Ok, I need to go to Lakkavalli (JLR) from Tirthahalli side. Do I take right at Mandagadde towards Muthinakoppa, then Umbalebilu and then Lakkavalli?

Don't feel like taking the roundabout way of Shimoga-Bhadrvathi-Tarikere and then backtrack.
Old 18th December 2008, 08:03   #35
Team-BHP Support

Judging from the map Lakkavalli is closer than Shimoga. I just need to get the right road and not lose my way.
Old 18th December 2008, 12:55   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Judging from the map Lakkavalli is closer than Shimoga. I just need to get the right road and not lose my way.
PM Sowmya, he travelled from the Lakkavalli side to Mandagadde.
River Tern Lodge is awesome, when are you going there?
Old 19th December 2008, 21:05   #37
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeskywalker View Post
PM Sowmya, he travelled from the Lakkavalli side to Mandagadde.
River Tern Lodge is awesome, when are you going there?
Well, I am already back.

How to go to River Tern Lodge or Tarikere from Tirthahalli via Lakkavalli.

About 27-28Kms from Tirthahalli, there is a village called Muduba. Turn right into a forest gate there, half a KM later turn left and you will reach Muthinakoppa within 4Kms. At Muthinakoppa at the T junction, turn left towards Umblebail, which is 16Kms away. At Umblebail, turn right at the circle (directions are shown here) towards Lakkavalli which is 18Kms away. After crossing Kuvempu University and Bhadra Dam, turn right towards River Tern and follow the directions at every turn. If you keep going straight after crossing Bhadra dam ignoring River Tern lodge, you will end up hitting Bhadravathi-Bangalore highway just before Tarikere.

Only the 4Km stretch between Muduba & Muthinakoppa is bad, I still managed 40-50 top speed. Rest of the stretch is pretty ok, no problem for cars.

The way back I took a completely different route, kind of uncharted on the map, even local tourist Jeep drivers didn't know about it. For that you have to wait for the report.
Samurai is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2008, 21:28   #38
Senior - BHPian

Waiting for the pics,and the report.
Old 19th December 2008, 21:48   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samurai View Post
Well, I am already back.

How to go to River Tern Lodge or Tarikere from Tirthahalli via Lakkavalli.

Nice to see that you have traveled this way. Near future this might be one of the root to reach Tirthahalli. If they improve the road a bit i think this will be a great drive.
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:25   #40
BHPian

re: Bangalore - Thirthahalli : Route Queries

Guys need advice to go to Thirthahalli.

I came to know that the best route to go is Bangalore - Tumkur- Chitradurga - Chenagiri - Bhadravathi - Thirthahalli. This route is longer by 25 km compared to the route over tiptur-arsikere-kadur. but the chitradurga route is a highway.

Advise Required. Thanks in advance.
Old 2nd May 2012, 21:29   #41
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post

I came to know that the best route to go is Bangalore - Tumkur- Chitradurga - Chenagiri - Bhadravathi - Thirthahalli. This route is longer by 25 km compared to the route over tiptur-arsikere-kadur. but the chitradurga route is a highway.

I think the Tumkur-Kadur-Birur-Bhadra-Shimoga stretch has been relaid is also in very giood condition. Even that route is good. Just the Tumkur by-pass to Nh206 is not all that great.
ampere is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:32   #42
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chalu View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
I think the Tumkur-Kadur-Birur-Bhadra-Shimoga stretch has been relaid is also in very giood condition. Even that route is good. Just the Tumkur by-pass to Nh206 is not all that great.
Ampere is right. Just go through NH 216 via Tumkur - Tiptur - Kadur - Birur - Shimoga. It is in excellent condition with no traffic. It is shorter by 30 KMs alos help avoid going through Chitradurga and Shimoga towns. The route via Chitradurga is also good. The choice is upto you.
Fauji is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 17:14   #43
BHPian

Thanks Ampere & Fauji for your advice. I might take the Chitradurga route reason being i am leaving Bangalore at 3 am and i feel the national highway will be better to commute due to security reasons.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:26   #44
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fauji View Post
Ampere is right. Just go through NH 216 via Tumkur - Tiptur - Kadur - Birur - Shimoga. It is in excellent condition with no traffic. It is shorter by 30 KMs alos help avoid going through Chitradurga and Shimoga towns. The route via Chitradurga is also good. The choice is upto you.
I agree with Fauji. I made this trip on 28th April and returned back on 1st May. The road is very nice throughout. Watch out for speed breakers between Arsikere and Shimoga Bypass. Though there are signs on the road, if you are traveling at high speeds, you may miss the boards and in the process have a bone jarring experience. The road from Shimoga bypass to Tirthahalli is very scenic. Enjoy the drive.
Old 4th May 2012, 13:11   #45
BHPian

I been in route suggested by Fuji On Apr 22 and 23rd. I believe at 3 AM route is equally good like Chitradurga road. But choice is yours. Remember Chitradurga road will have trucks traveling gr8 sub 40 speed trying to overtake each other blocking your traffic all together!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks