Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2022, 18:45   #541
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgautam31 View Post
Hi Guys,

Can you guys please suggest the best route that we can take with the shortest drive time, and good road conditions?

Below is the route Google Maps suggested -

Attachment 2385458
it is really a matter of luck. I travelled back from madikeri last Thursday and took the Mysore road. Half the stretch is not too good while after Maddur ?? or so it becomes better. I had the problem of reaching Bangalore in the evening and it took 1.5 hours+ to read Whitefield. Also you need to plan eating places a bit before since often you have to hit the service road a couple of kms before.

The periyapata road might be better but could take longer depending on luck. There are fewer eating places on this route.

I would say if you are leaving Bangalore early, take Mysore road.
Old 1st December 2022, 20:37   #542
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

I went for a wedding to Madikeri environs.
Bangalore. NICE road. Immediately hop on the Expressway. Miss all the chaos of Channapatna and Ramnagara and all.
Deviation at Maddur.
Deviation via Mandya.
Mysore Columbia Asia.
Turn right onto the ring road.
Hunsur. Periyapatna. Kushalnagara. Suntikoppa and Madikeri.
We left at 0530.
We were parked in Madikeri at 1000hrs.
One 40 min stop at Adigas before Periyapatna for breakfast.
Weekday. Less traffic.

Today we came back.
Madikeri-Chettalli 0930 to meet a friend.
0930-10 at friends place.
Left at 1015 from Chettalli through Maldare to Periyapatna and out.
Mysore ring road. Turn left at Columbia Asia Manipal.
There is no Expressway till after Maddur. Its all under construction but being a weekday it moved fast and there was less traffic.
We were at home at 1430.

Once the Expressway opens it will be a real boon.
shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th December 2022, 19:01   #543
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
One 40 min stop at Adigas before Periyapatna for breakfast
Can you please share the Google maps location of this restaurant? It doesn't show up in any searches in the maps.
Old 4th December 2022, 20:05   #544
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnrajdeep View Post
Can you please share the Google maps location of this restaurant? It doesn't show up in any searches in the maps.
To be honest its a little more than a sort of tin roofed place. I got pulled in by the Adigas name and the font in the logo. Just saw it while passing. Was hungry so parked and ate a dosa. Dosa wasn't too bad. I asked for Black Coffee but honestly the Coffee was not good. Bathrooms are just ‘ok’.
There are definitely better places to stop at on that route in my book.
See the screenshot attached of the location on the map.
Attached Thumbnails
Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries-207e7d27ab5b4474bc4370f3630f644d.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 08:20   #545
BHPian

Quote:
To be honest its a little more than a sort of tin roofed place. I got pulled in by the Adigas name and the font in the logo. Just saw it while passing. Was hungry so parked and ate a dosa. Dosa wasn't too bad. I asked for Black Coffee but honestly the Coffee was not good. Bathrooms are just ‘ok’.
There are definitely better places to stop at on that route in my book.
See the screenshot attached of the location on the map.
Newly constructed toilets outside are not maintained well here, there are few toilets inside which are maintained better.
thirugata is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th December 2022, 09:34   #546
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by thirugata View Post
Newly constructed toilets outside are not maintained well here, there are few toilets inside which are maintained better.
Inside toilets had a sign saying out of use and asking users to go to the outside ones.
Personally I won’t stop at that place again if I can help it. There are multiple other options.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 08:25   #547
BHPian

Are there any good breakfast places between Mysore and Madikeri with clean restrooms? Or alternatively, breakfast places in Mysore with restrooms we could stop at?

We are mostly starting before 5 AM from Whitefield and driving to Nileshwar. Taking this route: Whitefield -> Mysore -> Madikeri -> Sullia -> Jalsoor -> -> Cherkala -> Chalingal -> Nileshwar.

Travelling with a 3 year old and so would like to break at good restaurants only. I think best place to stop for breakfast would be Mysore or before Madikeri.

Any suggestions please?
Old 11th December 2022, 11:41   #548
BHPian

Quote:
Are there any good breakfast places between Mysore and Madikeri with clean restrooms? Or alternatively, breakfast places in Mysore with restrooms we could stop at?

We are mostly starting before 5 AM from Whitefield and driving to Nileshwar. Taking this route: Whitefield -> Mysore -> Madikeri -> Sullia -> Jalsoor -> -> Cherkala -> Chalingal -> Nileshwar.

Travelling with a 3 year old and so would like to break at good restaurants only. I think best place to stop for breakfast would be Mysore or before Madikeri.

Any suggestions please?
With a 5 AM start I am assuming you will be in Mysore some where in between 8 - 9 AM and add another 75 mins to reach Kushalnagar.
After passing Srirangapattana on the way to Mysore there are 4-5 restaurants, but they are on the other side of the road and few on the ring road once you enter Mysore.
Around Kushalnagar there are quite a few new restaurants have come up, you have more than 15 options to choose from here in a stretch of 6 - 8 KMs, but haven't visited them personally as my usual stop is my in laws house in Kushalnagar on this route .
thirugata is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 01:30   #549
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Swad restaurant attached to Atrium Boutique hotel on the left side of the road just before the Columbia Asia junction at Mysore (where you would turn right to Mysore ring road) is pretty decent and has clean toilets.
kala is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th December 2022, 09:48   #550

Good morning BHPians,

Planning for a drive to Talakaveri this Friday from Bangalore. Driving VW Ameo.

While I am confident on the road conditions till Madikeri, need advise on the stretch from Madikeri to Talakaveri.
If anyone drove recently, with recent rains, is the road good enough?

Regards,
Pradeep
Old 17th January 2023, 10:33   #551
Senior - BHPian

What is the state of the Mysore Hunsur road now? Last time I took it few years ago it was broken and in poor condition.
Old 17th January 2023, 11:54   #552
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
What is the state of the Mysore Hunsur road now? Last time I took it few years ago it was broken and in poor condition.
It is absolutely first class as of the last weekend. 13-15 Jan 2023.
Drive along the Columbia Asia ring road of Mysore. Take the right under the bridge towards Hunsur and Coorg. Follow the main road all the way to the fork for Virajpet and Mercara and take whichever suits you. The road is lovely. No bad stretches.
Internal coorg roads - Madikeri To Virajpet and Gonikoppal also is in first class condition.
Very very enjoyable and stress free to drive there right now.
shankar.balan is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 12:35   #553
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
It is absolutely first class as of the last weekend. 13-15 Jan 2023.
Drive along the Columbia Asia ring road of Mysore. Take the right under the bridge towards Hunsur and Coorg. Follow the main road all the way to the fork for Virajpet and Mercara and take whichever suits you. The road is lovely. No bad stretches.
Internal coorg roads - Madikeri To Virajpet and Gonikoppal also is in first class condition.
Very very enjoyable and stress free to drive there right now.
Thanks for the detailed info. Will take a drive to Gonikopalu on Friday and return via Mysuru on Saturday morning. Hopefully weekend traffic doesn't spoil the great drive.
Old 23rd January 2023, 12:00   #554
BHPian

I am planning to go from Bangalore(cantonment) to Coorg, is it necessary to go to Mysore or is Hassan road better?

I prefer to stick to highways without twisty roads as my daughter gets severe motion sickness.
Old 23rd January 2023, 13:14   #555
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by salluks View Post
I am planning to go from Bangalore(cantonment) to Coorg, is it necessary to go to Mysore or is Hassan road better?

I prefer to stick to highways without twisty roads as my daughter gets severe motion sickness.
The Hassan Hole-Narsipura Arkalgud approach works well for North Coorg like Madikeri and all.
The Mysore road approach works better if you’re going to Virajpet / South Coorg.
Typically you will only find the curves and twists occurring once inside the Coorg district.
Both the highway approaches mentioned here don’t have any twisties, only those typical nicely banked, long sweeping highway curves.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks