Search this Thread
Old 16th August 2021, 07:58   #436
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishekd View Post
Hi

Came back from Madikeri yesterday.

Route - Bellandur, Tumkur Road, Kunigal, Channarayapatna, Arakalagud, Ramanathpura, Kushalnagar, Madikeri (same as Google maps)

As per all the other members, this route is so much better than the Mysore road. Total travel time was approx 5 hours 30mins with sedate driving.

No traffic disruptions / diversions due to rain.

Weather was good and while it did rain it wasn't non stop rain. Temperature around 17-22 degrees. The whole region was lush green, all in all a very good trip.
I took the same route yesterday while coming here and clocked almost similar time. But, it's raining non-stop here and I'm almost entirely stuck inside the cottage Not that I'm complaining, as the view is just amazing and it's lush green all around!
Hulk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st August 2021, 23:07   #437
BHPian

I am looking for some guidance on Bangalore - Coorg weekend travel, in the context of weekend curfews which apparently is still applicable in neighbouring districts of KL/MH. Since Coorg will be one such district, how does this curfew manifest in reality in terms of actual travel experience?

1. Is this curfew only in theory, or there is some police checking? If yes - where to expect it?
2. If at all there is a checking, is it just the matter of showing vaccination certificates & hotel booking docs to the policemen? Or, travel itself will be discouraged irrespective of documentation?
3. Is RTPCR report required? All the adults in the travel group have vaccinated atleast one dose, and will be carrying vaccination certificates. Kids are anyways not vaccinated.

I am travelling with an infant, a small kid & a sr citizen, hence all this paranoia about potential worrisome incidents. . The travel is planned for the coming weekend, i.e. Aug 28-29.
Old 23rd August 2021, 20:25   #438
BHPian

If there is curfew, it is better to avoid travel (unless on emergency). It is a different matter how much the law is enforced. Today, I was driving from Bekal (Kerala) to Bangalore with family and was stopped between Sullia and Madikeri for RT-PCR negative test reports (we were fully prepared with the reports, so it was just a 2-minute stop for them to verify the reports and to enter some details in their register).
ccnarayanan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 00:23   #439
BHPian

Spoke to a homestay owner in Virajpet and enquired about mandates for folks coming from Bangalore. He said they are good with a vaccine certificate, single or double dose but he did mention cops/authorities ask for a rt-pcr at the checkpost. Not sure what checkpost he was referring to?

I thought the 'mandatory' negative certificate rule was lifted 2 weeks back. Really confused about the reality on the ground, even for inter-district travel.
VinothAJ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 14:01   #440
Senior - BHPian

Driving to Virajpet area next week and have a choise to take the CR Patna, H Narsipur, Ramnathpura, Piriyapatna, Gonikopal route.

Or an alternative which is Bellur Cross, Pandavpura, Srirangapatna, Hunsur Gonikopal.

Only issue with the latter route is the road conditions from Srirangapatna to Hunsur which was not great some time back. While the B Cross to Srirangapatna roan was super.

Any updates on this road? and any suggestions /recommendations?
Old 24th August 2021, 14:49   #441
BHPian

Yes, Srirangapatna-Hunsur road has potholes, but motorable. I took this road yesterday.
ccnarayanan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 15:07   #442
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VinothAJ View Post
Spoke to a homestay owner in Virajpet and enquired about mandates for folks coming from Bangalore. He said they are good with a vaccine certificate, single or double dose but he did mention cops/authorities ask for a rt-pcr at the checkpost. Not sure what checkpost he was referring to?
One of the checking happens at Anechowkur check post. The one that comes before Thithimathi, after you take a diversion towards Gonikoppal/Virajpet after Hunsur.

https://goo.gl/maps/kLir7QvwDJ2EKPtHA

Last edited by balenoed_ : 24th August 2021 at 15:10.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2021, 16:49   #443
Mik
BHPian

I was in Coorg for 9 days from 13th to 22nd August. Roads are fine/ok at most places (we criss-crossed a lot)
Weekend curfews are going on. Till 2pm things are open - however tourist spots are closed - including far off waterfalls. Weekdays its all business as usual. RTPCR was a mandate according to the hotel guy - but I wasn't checked even once.
Even saw some KL and TN vehicles doing the rounds. Mask compliance in Madikeri is pretty decent - which was reassuring.
Old 25th August 2021, 01:28   #444
BHPian

Hello,

How strict is the weekend curfew at Madikeri? Planning to visit this weekend. Worth it or not? Thanks.
Old 28th August 2021, 23:39   #445
Senior - BHPian

Travelled today (weekend) via Madikeri. Final destination was KL. There was checking at Kushal Nagar and was asking RTPCR report. But I managed to convince by saying that we are heading to KL and showed two dose certificate. Otherwise I guess they would have restricted entry toward Madikeri. All the vehicles were being stopped.
balenoed_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th August 2021, 16:25   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hulk View Post
I took the same route yesterday while coming here and clocked almost similar time. But, it's raining non-stop here and I'm almost entirely stuck inside the cottage Not that I'm complaining, as the view is just amazing and it's lush green all around!
Is it necessary to go via Arakalagud? Or as shown in GM a shorter route between H'Narsipur and Ramnathapura. Anyone done this?
Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries-screenshot_2021083016203829_3d9111e2d3171bf4882369f490c087b4.jpg
Old 30th August 2021, 16:56   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by goandude View Post
Is it necessary to go via Arakalagud? Or as shown in GM a shorter route between H'Narsipur and Ramnathapura. Anyone done this?
Attachment 2200019
I'm not sure, we went through Arakalagud and the route was fine. Be sure to check the road conditions before taking the shorter route.
Hulk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2021, 15:57   #448
Senior - BHPian

Took this route as suggested by GM. Absolutely super road, a bit narrow but no traffic and fabulous scenery throughout. Except for the 4 kms circled in red which was bad. Narrow, traffic and terrible surface. Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries-img_20210831_155258.jpg
Old 9th September 2021, 21:23   #449
BHPian

We drove in this route two days back. This route is good except for few kms in. Ramanathapuram.

There is an alternate route till arkalgud which I believe would bypass Ramanathapuram, will try taking that route on the way back.
Old 10th September 2021, 16:06   #450
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
We drove in this route two days back. This route is good except for few kms in. Ramanathapuram.

There is an alternate route till arkalgud which I believe would bypass Ramanathapuram, will try taking that route on the way back.
On my return I took Ramnathapura Arakalagud H Narsipur..But I prefer the route I have indicated in my above post. Because it has no speed breakers, very little traffic and good surface. Negatives being narrow road and the 4 kms of rough road near Ramnathapura circled in red.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks