Search this Thread
Old 9th August 2019, 19:04   #316
KMT
BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Coorg : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ankush Bahri View Post
Hi Guys, need some advice..

we will be travelling to Coorg via the Mysore route tomorrow morning with a toddler. Given the weather conditions, i checked with the hotel staff and they said that their district is largely unaffected by the rains. The location of the resort is Pollibetta. Although it is raining there as well but as heavily like in other parts of Coorg. They say that reaching their resort shouldn't be a problem. Wanted to know 2things:
1. Does anyone know the current situation in Pollibetta (not other districts as i know it is raining heavily)
2. Is the route ok for a drive? hope no damage to the highway due to the rains.

TIA!

I drove that route today in a 4x4 Scorpio through forest backroads as parts of the Highway are flooded.

Its bucketing down here and the resort should give you a refund as you as it is definitely unsafe.
If you have a 4wd and knowledge of kannada in case of an emergency you can try.

Anyway if you get to coorg you cant step out of your resort.
Old 12th August 2019, 18:20   #317

Hi guys, just reached back.. I took the Whitefield->Mysore->Hunsur route both ways and everything was fine. While going it was drizzling on and off but nothing major. And to our surprise, there were no rains throughout the route on our way back. So all good. But the hotel staff did mention that Ksuhalnagar and Madikeri did receive very heavy rainfall in the last 2-3days. My resort was about 20kms before Virajpet.
Old 14th August 2019, 00:01   #318

Hi Guys, We were planning a August 16 to August 19 trip in Kishalnagar, and if feasible, to Madikeri. My stay is in Kishalnagar (close to Purple Palms). Has someone travelled recently? What is the best route given flooding - I read somewhere that SH91 is closed.

More importantly, is it safe ?
Old 14th August 2019, 07:21   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobhit View Post
Hi Guys, We were planning a August 16 to August 19 trip in Kishalnagar, and if feasible, to Madikeri. My stay is in Kishalnagar (close to Purple Palms). Has someone travelled recently? What is the best route given flooding - I read somewhere that SH91 is closed.

More importantly, is it safe ?

I guess the district administration is already overloaded with flood relief.

If you do not have any urgent work there and if tourism is the idea, I would suggest not to travel.

Less the people in the district the better they can cope.
Arjun Reddy is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 15th August 2019, 01:52   #320
BHPian

Arjun Reddy

Thank you for highlighting this very important point. Well said.
Unfortunately the district has not been provided with good infrastructure to cope with tourist inflow these days

Last edited by ampere : 24th August 2019 at 22:02. Reason: typo fixed
Old 16th August 2019, 16:48   #321
BHPian

It is certainly not safe to travel to coorg for another one month.Roads are in bad shape and in some places its raining heavy. As a tourist you will not enjoy.
Old 24th August 2019, 19:07   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumukha View Post
It is certainly not safe to travel to coorg for another one month.Roads are in bad shape and in some places its raining heavy. As a tourist you will not enjoy.
Travelling to Madikeri from Benguluru from 01 Oct-05 Oct, i hope the infrastructure and road conditions would be better then.

Last edited by ampere : 24th August 2019 at 22:01. Reason: Fixed quotes
Old 25th August 2019, 08:32   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Travelling to Madikeri from Benguluru from 01 Oct-05 Oct, i hope the infrastructure and road conditions would be better then.
I suggest not to travel if purpose is pleasure trip. Give this tiny district some more breathing time.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th August 2019, 09:20   #324
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thilak29 View Post
I suggest not to travel if purpose is pleasure trip. Give this tiny district some more breathing time.
Thanks Thilak, when do you think it will be appropriate to travel or not at all this year?
Old 25th August 2019, 10:53   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhalu View Post
Thanks Thilak, when do you think it will be appropriate to travel or not at all this year?
I crossed this district last Sunday after 18 months maybe, beside the current year flood situation (water has receded), landslides from last year can still be seen on highway sides. Small towns that I am familiar with appeared filthier than usual, roads had its fair share of damages due to rain. So naturally, the system is under stress and rains have not stopped as such in this part of the region. I would say Nov- Dec may be ideal. You could go sooner and may see fewer tourists but the overall experience may not make it worth if you are driving down from far place.
Thilak29 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th August 2019, 18:49   #326
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by procrj View Post
Source:https://www.facebook.com/tamilnaduwe...76094682617800

Based on past experience, I would say TN weatherman is accurate most times. Hence would suggest you talk to locals before heading out.
Hello Ravindra,

Can you confirm is this route ok to take in the coming long weekend?
Name:  route_coorg.PNG
Views: 1946
Size:  151.5 KB
Old 22nd September 2019, 12:40   #327
BHPian

Hi Guys

Planning a trip to Coorg/Madikeri 2 Oct to 05 Oct, starting from Kochi. Is the place geared up or still fighting flood after affects. If I do go, I plan to take drive via Mysuru and not Waynad. Any knowledgeable people can help on these issues?
Old 23rd October 2019, 19:16   #328
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Similar query as @NutsNBolts. What is the flooding and post-flooding situation now ? Is it safe to visit Madikeri and other parts of Coorg during the Diwali weekend ? What all can be seen/visited during this season ? Any suggestions on where to stay (mid-range) which offers good views, not too secluded and not too distant from habitation ? How would be the route from Bangalore via Mysore (or any alternate scenic route) ?

cheers,
B
Old 24th October 2019, 18:22   #329
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdutta View Post
Madikeri and other parts of Coorg during the Diwali weekend
Some rain expected over the next few days but nothing out of the ordinary. Most of the usual touristy places will see massive influx of over the next week hence would suggest you plan accordingly. More details here - https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post4680758 (Coorg recommendations)
Old 30th November 2019, 22:53   #330
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Looks like scamsters are on the prowl again faking accidents and raking in money from unsuspecting drivers on the Mysore-Coorg route. I think such incidents were reported in the past as well, stay alert, stay safe. This one happened last Thursday 21 Nov.

Source:Star of Mysore
Link

Last edited by NPV : 30th November 2019 at 22:54.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed