Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2017, 12:41   #76
BHPian

Re: Kumarakom - Bangalore : Route Queries

Hi fellow BHPians,

I am planning to drive down to Alappuzha from Bangalore tomorrow morning.

I understand from this thread that the below route is recommended:

Bangalore - Hosur - Krishnagiri - Dharmapuri - Thoppur - Salem- Dindigul - Theni - Kumily - Kuttikkanam - Mundakkayam - Kanjirappally - Alappuzha

However, I couldn't find the road conditions and route options from Kanjirappally - Alappuzha.

Could someone please comment on the Kanjirappally - Alappuzha road condition and suggest the best route.

Google map shows Kanjirappally - Changanassery - Alappuzha (SH11) route. Is this route ok?

Thanks.
Old 20th March 2018, 16:32   #77
BHPian

We would be heading to Kumarakom on Sun 25th and from there then head to Nelliyampathy on Friday 30th ( good Friday weekend ).

As of date, would the route B'lore -Salem-Dindigul-Theni-Kumily-Peermade-Kanjirapally-Kottayam-Kumarakom is the preferred one

or

is it recommended to go via B'lore -Salem-Coimbatore-Palakkad-Thrissur-Chalakudy-Angamaly route ?

We always leave very early around 1:30am on most of our long roadtrips.

Also, which route would be recommended while coming, as our return journey to b'lore will start from Nelliyampathy on Apr 2nd ( leaving on a Monday to try to avoid the long weekend return traffic back to b'lore ). We plan to leave Nelliyampathy by 8:30am or so.

Any recommendations to cover/visit both in Kumarakom/Alapuzzha and Nelliyampathy apart from the usual touristy spots
Old 20th March 2018, 19:05   #78
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
We would be heading to Kumarakom on Sun 25th and from there then head to Nelliyampathy on Friday 30th ( good Friday weekend ).
Better to stick to Thrissur for highway facilities. However, Theni route will be scenic, no doubt. But will set you back time wise and distance wise. You could certainly try the Theni route onward and take the Thrissur way return.

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2018 at 16:56. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
luvurride is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th March 2018, 19:51   #79
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by redballons View Post
Both routes are good. My recommendation will be to take Coimbatore/Palakkad/Thrissur onward and return via Theni, if time permits.

BTW, are you really sure to leave at 1.30 am?
My personal recommendation for couple of reasons.
1) You are likely not to have a good proper sleep before a long drive.
2) It is not usually safe to drive between 12 midnight to 3.30 / 4 am. Not because your are NOT alert, but because others on the road are. The chances of untoward incident is high at this time.

Best is to get some proper sleep and leave by 4 am rather than at odd hours.
My 2 cents for your consideration.

-Ravi

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2018 at 16:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 12:38   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Both routes are good. My recommendation will be to take Coimbatore/Palakkad/Thrissur onward and return via Theni, if time permits.
Thanks ravi, I hear what you are saying, we have been doing it for ages, will be sedate and careful as always.

I have done the Theni route few years back when we went to Thekkady, scenic indeed

Last edited by ampere : 21st March 2018 at 16:57. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 18th December 2021, 08:56   #81
BHPian

All,

Reviving this old thread as I am looking for some information on Bangalore-Kumarakom Route. Based on the information in this thread there are two options
1. Blore- Salem-Coimbatore-palakkad-Thrissur-Kumarakom(NH 47 route) and
2. Blore-salem-dindigul-batlagundu-Theni-kottayam-kumarakom

If anyone has done the trip recently, would appreciate input in this in terms of which one is better route. A faster/safer route is more of importance to me than scenic as I will have senior citizen and kids in the car. So, the sooner i get to the resort the better it will be for everyone's sanity.

Please advise.

V-drive

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks