Team-BHP - Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Route / Travel Queries (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/)
-   -   Cool Drives within 150 km from Bangalore (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-travel-queries/69723-cool-drives-within-150-km-bangalore.html)

You live and work in Bangalore? Difficult to take time off for very long drives out of town? Only drooling at all those juicy travelogues to faraway exotic places? Would like to make use of weekends to get out of town? Let us help each other to consolidate here info on all the nice places close to Bangalore.

Prerequisites:
1) Should be within 150 km from Bangalore.
2) We should be able to get there within 3 hours.

Idea is to be able to leave by 6.30 am in the morning and return by 7.30 pm after spending 5 or 6 hours at the destination.

If there are previous travelogues please provide link in this thread.
Also please do provide into on route, places to visit, eateries, interesting things to do, places to visit along the way and at the destination. Also If the place is worthwhile spending a night there, names of Hotel, Lodge etc, if possible with phone numbers for bookings. Do post a few pics too.

Lets have some great week-ends out of town :).

1)Hogenekal falls
2)Chickamagalore(Mulayangiri/devyangiri/bababudangiri--4-5hours journey)
3)Shivanasamudra
4)Belur and Halebedu
5)Mysore- surroundings
6)Tumkur-Tiptur surroundings(lots of places--religious places--Scenary is superb)

Mysore, Bandipur and Masinagudi make for some of the best drives of Bangalore.

You get good roads to stretch your legs on Banglaore - Mysore highway.

Elagiri Hills on Chennai Highway. 160 Kms from Bangalore and you have the excellent GQ to drive.

1. Yercaud- around 220km but around 4hrs drive from bangalore.
2. Lapakshi- around 100km on Nh7 and takes around 1-1.5 hours.
3. Kottilingeshwara- around 100km towards hoskote/kollar and takes around 1-1.5 hours.
4. Bheemeswari/Cauvery Fishing camp- around 110km and around 2 hours drive.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1590445)
2)Chickamagalore(Mulayangiri/devyangiri/bababudangiri--4-5hours journey)

4)Belur and Halebedu

Chikmagalur is 250kms from Bangalore & mullaingiri is 25kms from Chikmagalur.

Belur is 225kms from Bangalore.

Raomeo has mentioned approx 150 kms from Bangalore.

Check the outlook book - 52 weekend getaways from bangalore. Mostly they are ideal for 2 days, some are near for a day trip.

Quote:

Originally Posted by laluks (Post 1591036)
Check the outlook book - 52 weekend getaways from bangalore. Mostly they are ideal for 2 days, some are near for a day trip.

I have completed twice "52 weekend from bangalore" during my Engineering days:).

Quote:

Originally Posted by sushrutha (Post 1590882)
Chikmagalur is 250kms from Bangalore & mullaingiri is 25kms from Chikmagalur.

Belur is 225kms from Bangalore.

Raomeo has mentioned approx 150 kms from Bangalore.

Dude if that is the case then many people have told many places which are more than 150kmsplease:.
Start little bit early(1 hour early) and eveything will be covered. It is not that it shouold be 150kms dot. Some buffer has to be there. and the places which i have told can be done in 1 dayagree:(no offence)

There are quite a few places in fact.
1. mysore and around it...140km
2. Talkad, Shivana samudra 140 km
3. Devarayana durga, Namadachilume.. 70km (my birth place:D)
4. Kanva reservoir near Ramanagara 50 km
5. Nandi hill
6. Sangam, pearl valley

just to name a few

Thank you every one for your response.

Quote:

Originally Posted by shishir_bn (Post 1591057)
It is not that it shouold be 150kms dot. Some buffer has to be there. and the places which i have told can be done in 1 dayagree:(no offence)

Buffer of 20-30 km is ok. But beyond that would would mean rushing which sort of spoils the fun. A leisurely weekend drive is what I had in mind with a possibility of spending 5 or 6 hours at the destination.

Do add more as and when you can think of one. There must also be some lesser known places and even could be just 60-70 kms from Bangalore.

175 Kms - Kaveri Nisargadhama and Golden temple (near Kushalnagar).
220 Kms - Himamad Gopalaswami betta and Bandipur.

Yelagiri Hills almost 160kms from Bangalore on the Channai highway. Going there tomorrow, will let you know the details after coming back! :)

Tiruvannamalai is about 200KM from BLR. Worth a weekend visit. You can also enjoy the ruins of Gingee and the Sathanur dam.

1. Shivaganga(Kolar)-Kotilingaswara-Avani - You can finish all them in one day.
2. Chiktirupathi - you can finish in half day.