Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th August 2010, 12:32   #31
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vasoo View Post
Another query. I got acco booking for the Rs100 room. How big are these rooms there? Can we have single room for a family?
INR100 rooms may be at Ram Bagicha, I have not stayed there, hence not able to comment. Heard from a friend that neatness wise, not great.

I have stayed in Vikas guest house and Narayanagiri guest house (INR150 rooms). Vikas is relatively newer. Both are neat with basic facilities. These do have geyser.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:32   #32
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Hotel Woodland annexe is one more option for food at Tirumala.
The hotel is located at the garden way to chandragiri or chandangiri.
I always visit this place in the evening whenever i visit tirumala.
Second woodland hotel is located behind main bus stand.
Mayura is closed two years back.

@Bhima's,
there are too many bhima's hotels in tirupati itself under one group.
Not aware about bhima's in tirumala.

Do anyone know how to book the cottages located at garden on the way to chandragiri/chandangiri.
I always wanted to stay at those beautiful cottages facing the garden and valley but never materialized.
I think all the hotels you are referring are at Tirupathi and not Tirumala.
About Hotel Bhimas, there are three. Deluxe (oldest one close to bus stand), Residency and Paradise. I preferred the residency. Ample parking space, a huge lobby and a relaxed atmosphere.

I did note some good places on the road from Bhimas to the Chandragiri bypass road. That also reminds me: The best way to get out of Tirupati, if you are Bhimas, is to use the by-pass road which leads to Alivelu Manga.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:45   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
1]I think all the hotels you are referring are at Tirupathi and not Tirumala.
2]About Hotel Bhimas, there are three. Deluxe (oldest one close to bus stand), Residency and Paradise. I preferred the residency. Ample parking space, a huge lobby and a relaxed atmosphere.

3]I did note some good places on the road from Bhimas to the Chandragiri bypass road. That also reminds me: The best way to get out of Tirupati, if you are Bhimas, is to use the by-pass road which leads to Alivelu Manga.
1] nope, all the hotels like woodland and mayura i am talking about are at tirumala.

2] yes, i know all those three bhima's hotels and best one is as you mentioned which is located at the left corner after railway overbridge while going from tirupati to renigunta/alv mangala, second one is located in front of bus stand and third one is on the rightside of the road leading from railway station to govindswamy temple.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 10th August 2010 at 13:55.
Old 10th August 2010, 13:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
1] nope, all the hotels like woodland and mayura i am talking about are at tirumala.
Hotel Mayura is no longer functioning at Tirumala. once more option for good food at Tirumala is Hotel WoodSide, which is near the TTD Museum/Opp Karnataka Guest House.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:19   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think all the hotels you are referring are at Tirupathi and not Tirumala.
Hotel Woodlands is the one next the temple Museum at Tirumala.
Old 10th August 2010, 14:35   #36
rkg
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Do anyone know how to book the cottages located at garden on the way to chandragiri/chandangiri.
I always wanted to stay at those beautiful cottages facing the garden and valley but never materialized.
Ashish try to book Rs 1500/- and above cottages online. you will be allotted those cottages.

Vasso Ram Baghicha is very near to temple. they were good once upon a time ( around 1990's) rooms are bid. may be more than 15' x 15' . now a days maintenance is very poor. better carry your own bed sheets . toilets do not have taps . one has to carry water form bath room. this was the condition three years ago. If you book Rs 100/ accommodation ( which is default at many of the TTD advance booking centers across the country) try booking for RS 500/ - or more at TTD online
Old 10th August 2010, 14:36   #37
Team-BHP Support

There is a Mayura even in Tirupati. Had food there many times. But not sure what is its status off late.
(Thats why I got confused).
Old 10th August 2010, 14:59   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is a Mayura even in Tirupati. Had food there many times. But not sure what is its status off late.
The mayura hotel at tirupati is located in front of bus stand.
I had food many times there, their Bombay meals is famous.

Btw, have anyone tried ''Muchchad ki chay''?

This small stall is located at the corner of the building in front of railway station main entry at tirupati.
The man who makes the tea has long mustache like daaku of chambal ghati, called Muchchad.
The tea stall/ Muchchad was featured on the tele show named Surabhi.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 10th August 2010 at 15:01.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:12   #39
BANNED

Quote:
I did not try this. Went in mid july and used the 300/- ticket. Could finish it under 3 hours on a weekday (A friday).
The laddu Q was also fast. Got stuck because of getting extra ones. Thats the one which took me another hour.
I too was there on july 14th and i went in at 9.45 and finished buying laddu at 1Pm. so it was just 3hours on a wednesday.I just went ,stood in line,bought tickets ,saw the dharshan

BTW before this easy dharshan,i had visited almost 7 times and returned without dharshan. ii even remember the months June2009, aug2009, Dec2009, 1st Jan2010, 18thfeb2010 , 28thfeb2010 and once in march 2010too

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Hotel Woodlands is the one next the temple Museum at Tirumala.
It is woodside and not Woodlands.I guess woodlands which is situated near lake is now closed down.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:24   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
It is woodside and not Woodlands.
Right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
better carry your own bed sheets .
Yes. I heard the same feedback on the INR100 rooms at Varahaswami guest house. Bed bugs.

@vasoo, if possible get the accommodation upgraded to INR150 one or higher.
Old 10th August 2010, 20:25   #41
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Oh man. The Mayura in Tirumala is closed? That's the only place where I used to eat.
Old 11th August 2010, 15:35   #42
Distinguished - BHPian

Since my childhood, used to visit Tirupathi and Tirumala every year, sometimes twice a year with a family of 50+ and we used to book an entire railway coach.

My grand father had donated couple of cottages in Tirumala so we used to get top class treatment during our yearly visits and each year we prefered staying in ATC cottages as it was close to Woodlands hotel and the temple entrance.

But, each year the management keep changing the entry point to temple and its hard to predict and take the room accordingly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshguy View Post
It is woodside and not Woodlands.I guess woodlands which is situated near lake is now closed down.
Oh yeah, woodlands was one of the best places to hang out in Tirumala. It closed more than 5-6 years ago.

Has anyone gone down the steps located behind this hotel which go down the hill? Absolutely scenic location.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Oh man. The Mayura in Tirumala is closed? That's the only place where I used to eat.
It's very much open and still catering to masses of people, its scary to see the crowd in that restuarant. Food quality has come down drastically

Woodside is another hotel which is next to Mayura which is also doing good business.

Apart from these two hotels, there is another one opened on the same road much before and that is also pretty good. Forgot the name.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:14   #43
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
Oh yeah, woodlands was one of the best places to hang out in Tirumala. It closed more than 5-6 years ago.

Has anyone gone down the steps located behind this hotel which go down the hill? Absolutely scenic location.
Yeah, i went down the steps toward the small ramp may be 25x25 whenever i visited tirumala.
The view from that ramp is the best.
There was one tree having two branches at the corner of that ramp.
First time when i went to tirumala when i was in 5th, there is a snap about standing me and my bro under that then small tree.
whenever i went to tirumala after that, every time i clicked the pic of that tree.

I think there are two Mayura hotels at tirumala.
one is located near museum/garden little up hill which is still functioning.
other was near ram bagicha which is closed down.
Old 11th August 2010, 16:29   #44
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Praise lord venkatachalapathy. Thank god the Mayura near Museum/ Garden is functioning. That's the place I keep going. I loved the gun powder there.
Old 11th August 2010, 17:24   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkg View Post
Vasso Ram Baghicha is very near to temple. they were good once upon a time ( around 1990's) rooms are bid. may be more than 15' x 15' . now a days maintenance is very poor. better carry your own bed sheets . toilets do not have taps . one has to carry water form bath room. this was the condition three years ago. If you book Rs 100/ accommodation ( which is default at many of the TTD advance booking centers across the country) try booking for RS 500/ - or more at TTD online
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbraj View Post
Right.

Yes. I heard the same feedback on the INR100 rooms at Varahaswami guest house. Bed bugs.

@vasoo, if possible get the accommodation upgraded to INR150 one or higher.
Thanks rkg and sbraj. I could not get any other acco than Rs 100 ones for the date I wanted, 31st Aug. Even the Rs3000 ones were full. I don't think I have any other option as of now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks