Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries

Search this Thread
Old 11th August 2010, 17:45   #46
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
Yeah, i went down the steps toward the small ramp may be 25x25 whenever i visited tirumala.
The view from that ramp is the best.
There was one tree having two branches at the corner of that ramp.
First time when i went to tirumala when i was in 5th, there is a snap about standing me and my bro under that then small tree.
whenever i went to tirumala after that, every time i clicked the pic of that tree.

I think there are two Mayura hotels at tirumala.
one is located near museum/garden little up hill which is still functioning.
other was near ram bagicha which is closed down.
Ashish, what a coincidence. Even i as a child used to go to ramp each time we visit woodlands and spend lot of time taking pictures et.all.

We may have bumped when we were little kids, were you the one that always wore red shorts ( Raja babu style)???

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Praise lord venkatachalapathy. Thank god the Mayura near Museum/ Garden is functioning. That's the place I keep going. I loved the gun powder there.
Its the largest restuarant and if they close down, all pilgrims will go hungry and there will be anarchy at Tirumala

Ofcourse, gun powder,ghee and rice is a "deadly" combination
Old 11th August 2010, 17:54   #47
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post
We may have bumped when we were little kids, were you the one that always wore red shorts ( Raja babu style)???

Ohoho, i got it, bumped many times a fatty smart kid always having lollypop in hand without any shorts.

Wish, at same place in tirumala, again bump that smart kid like the tv ad of chocolate ramesh and suresh.
Old 13th August 2010, 11:08   #48
Senior - BHPian

I had been to Tirupathi-Tirumala last weekend (Sat 7th Aug).
Went thru Sheegradarshana, was in queue for hadly 5-10mins. Timing was morning 4AM, no rush at all. Had a fantastic darshan.

Last edited by sushrutha : 13th August 2010 at 11:18. Reason: edited the correct date
Old 13th August 2010, 12:08   #49
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushrutha View Post
I had been to Tirupathi-Tirumala last weekend (Sat 7th Aug).
Went thru Sheegradarshana, was in queue for hadly 5-10mins. Timing was morning 4AM, no rush at all. Had a fantastic darshan.
Even I had been on saturday. Only difference was that it took me almost 4 hrs to get darshan.
Old 13th August 2010, 13:05   #50
BHPian

50 Rs Tkt is best these days Took around 1-1/2 Hrs.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:28   #51
BHPian

I am seeing different version regarding the tickets & time taken for darshan.

If i plan to go in the mid-week, say on a Wednesday / thursday and plan for a very early morning darshan ( say 5 am) , i think i can safely opt for a Rs.50/- ticket rather than the Seegradarshanam ticket. ( Diff being Rs.250/- per person / per ticket)

What is your honest opinion folks ? (Guys who visited Tirumala very recently)

Am planning to visit tirumala sometime end of this month / first week of sept.
Old 13th August 2010, 16:45   #52
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rajesh K R View Post
If i plan to go in the mid-week, say on a Wednesday / thursday and plan for a very early morning darshan ( say 5 am) , i think i can safely opt for a Rs.50/- ticket rather than the Seegradarshanam ticket. ( Diff being Rs.250/- per person / per ticket)
Rajesh, suggest - take no chances - opt for sheegradarshan. Shravana month ( 7th Aug onwards ) queue length is bound to increase. 4am - 5am slot is best for darshan and on a weekday, would be easy.

Have a great drive and darshan !
Old 13th August 2010, 16:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by roamingrao View Post
Rajesh, suggest - take no chances - opt for sheegradarshan. Shravana month ( 7th Aug onwards ) queue length is bound to increase. 4am - 5am slot is best for darshan and on a weekday, would be easy.

You can always take a Rs50 ticket online and block a slot in advance. Go there with that and then if you see Sheeghradarsan is significantly faster, join it, else continue on the regular queue. That is what I am planning to do when I visit this month end. This way I dont have to waste 250 extra per person for a 15 minute advantage.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:14   #54
BHPian

Am I missing out on something? I go each year once with a Rs. 50 ticket and it takes max 3 hrs to get darshan. The last I went was in June 09. Now I see many post that mention of Seeghradarsan which also takes about 3 hrs. Has the crowd gone up so much that even 300 rupee one takes about 3 hrs? then how much does 50 rupee one takes?
Old 13th August 2010, 17:39   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally posted by shipnil
Am I missing out on something? I go each year once with a Rs. 50 ticket and it takes max 3 hrs to get darshan. The last I went was in June 09. Now I see many post that mention of Seeghradarsan which also takes about 3 hrs. Has the crowd gone up so much that even 300 rupee one takes about 3 hrs? then how much does 50 rupee one takes?
Quote:
Originally posted by Vasoo
You can always take a Rs50 ticket online and block a slot in advance. Go there with that and then if you see Sheeghradarsan is significantly faster, join it, else continue on the regular queue. That is what I am planning to do when I visit this month end. This way I dont have to waste 250 extra per person for a 15 minute advantage.

Thanks Vasoo & shipnil.
This is what is was thinking about. Whether it would be justifiable spending the extra Rs.250/- per person if the darshan times of both are almost same / marginal?
It is not the cost which is bothering me, but whether the extra cost per ticket is really necessary. (in the middle of the week and for an early morning slot for darshan)

Quote:
Originally posted by roaming rao
Thanks roaming rao !! Still i need to fix up the dates. We are about 8 people & would be driving in 2 cars. so dates are yet to be firmed up !!

Last edited by Rajesh K R : 13th August 2010 at 17:43.
Old 13th August 2010, 17:58   #56
Senior - BHPian

The 300rs ticket doesnt need a prior appointment. Where as the 50rs ticket does need one.

We took the 300Rs ticket and there was a not much crowd. This was on a monday morning. It took us about 2 hours in the line.
I was told during the weekends it can get a lot worse.
Old 13th August 2010, 22:03   #57
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Oh man. The Mayura in Tirumala is closed? That's the only place where I used to eat.
Its was the only well maintained one in tirumala but always full/rush need to wait if it is weekend and bit expensive

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobike008 View Post

Oh yeah, woodlands was one of the best places to hang out in Tirumala. It closed more than 5-6 years ago.

Has anyone gone down the steps located behind this hotel which go down the hill? Absolutely scenic location.

It's very much open and still catering to masses of people, its scary to see the crowd in that restuarant. Food quality has come down drastically

Woodside is another hotel which is next to Mayura which is also doing good business.

Apart from these two hotels, there is another one opened on the same road much before and that is also pretty good. Forgot the name.
Ya i have gone thru that steps ,it is the other way for tirupathy(i was told)

Quote:

My advise : go on a week day ,try reaching there early in the morning and you can see the dharshan in 2 hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Slow View Post
I was told during the weekends it can get a lot worse.
Ya i had gone to tirupathy in march and it was a Saturday,Me and our family of 12 waited till sunday afternoon for a ticket but in vain,So returned without dharshan
Old 13th August 2010, 22:11   #58
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Same dilemma here. Planning to visit this Sunday,will join queue around 9 A.M. Should I opt for the 300/- ticket or what?
Old 14th August 2010, 14:13   #59
BHPian

How many of you take splash and dash darshan in Tirumala? I.e. you reach there just for darshan and as soon as you complete it, you are on your way back. If I have say, I think most of the people atleast stay for one full day. In that case why don't you buy a Rs. 50 ticket in advance. As already confirmed in this thread, both seegradarsanam and rupess 50 takes same time. Just that 300 one doesn't require advance booking.

Not sure whether most of you are aware or not, but nowadays you can book 50 rupees one online at ttdsevaonline.com. You need identity proof and digital photo.
Old 16th August 2010, 14:58   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
How many of you take splash and dash darshan in Tirumala? I.e. you reach there just for darshan and as soon as you complete it, you are on your way back. If I have say, I think most of the people atleast stay for one full day. In that case why don't you buy a Rs. 50 ticket in advance. As already confirmed in this thread, both seegradarsanam and rupess 50 takes same time. Just that 300 one doesn't require advance booking.

Not sure whether most of you are aware or not, but nowadays you can book 50 rupees one online at ttdsevaonline.com. You need identity proof and digital photo.
Yes. I did online booking for my next trip. Think I will need to convert these into regular tokens at the Central office in Tirumala before joining the queue.

Most Viewed