Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2013, 10:25   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Am planning to go to Tirupati this Friday. Can someone please confirm that there isnt any quota on the Rs. 300 tickets? I plan to buy the ticket after reaching Tirumala.
Old 1st February 2013, 12:02   #182
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Am planning to go to Tirupati this Friday. Can someone please confirm that there isnt any quota on the Rs. 300 tickets? I plan to buy the ticket after reaching Tirumala.
There is no quota however there are timings during which the special darshan tickets are issued. It is 9am to 2pm on Mondays, 9am to 5pm on Tues, Wed & Thurs and 9am to 9pm on Fri, Sat & Sun

When I last visited Tirumala in Jan 2013, I booked the Sudarshan Darshanam Ticket (Rs 50/-) I got into the queue at exactly 12.15pm and was out at exactly 3pm after the darshan. I then went into the Sheegra Darshan queue (Rs.300/-) at 3.15pm and was out at 4.25pm after the darshan
Old 1st February 2013, 13:01   #183
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
When I last visited Tirumala in Jan 2013, I booked the Sudarshan Darshanam Ticket (Rs 50/-)
@yikes
Did you book the Sudarshan Darshan online or buy it at the counters in Tirupati/Tirumala? I have booked online 3 tickets (for self, wife & son), how do I use the online booking receipt and where? I have booked for the 2 pm slot,
Old 1st February 2013, 13:06   #184
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghodlur View Post
@yikes
I have booked online 3 tickets (for self, wife & son), how do I use the online booking receipt and where? I have booked for the 2 pm slot,
Can you share the online URL for booking? Thanks.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:10   #185
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
http://www.ttdsevaonline.com/
This is the website for booking the same and can be used for booking the sevas, accomodation (Tirumala), Sudarshanam & Donations. You will need to register with the website post which you can start booking. Keep your (& family's) photographs handy. Have been using this service for the past 4 visits to temple.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:37   #186
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked online 3 tickets (for self, wife & son), how do I use the online booking receipt and where? I have booked for the 2 pm slot,
Earlier you had to get that converted to normal ticket at one of the counters in Tirumala. Then only you could enter the sarvadarshan que. But during last visit in Jan 2012, I was informed that this policy has been discontinued. They asked me to carry on with the printout of online receipts only. Be sure to carry two copies of receipts. One they will retain and second will be stamped and handed back to you so that you can get ladoos once you come out of the temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempelhof View Post
Quote:
Keep your (& family's) photographs handy. Have been using this service for the past 4 visits to temple.
The photographs have to be less than 10 kb in size. You have to use MS Paint or any other photo reduction software to reduce the size of the photographs and achieve this size.

BTW guys, did any of you stay in Tirupati town and visit Tirumala for darshan only? I intend to visit in May but have short time to complete the darshan so I'd prefer to stay near Train Station. So any recommendations near Train Station for accomodation?

Last edited by shipnil : 1st February 2013 at 13:39.
Old 1st February 2013, 13:59   #187
BHPian

Quote:
This is the website for booking the same and can be used for booking the sevas, accomodation (Tirumala), Sudarshanam & Donations. You will need to register with the website post which you can start booking. Keep your (& family's) photographs handy. Have been using this service for the past 4 visits to temple.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
The photographs have to be less than 10 kb in size.
Thanks a lot for this information.
Old 1st February 2013, 14:12   #188
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
BTW guys, did any of you stay in Tirupati town and visit Tirumala for darshan only? I intend to visit in May but have short time to complete the darshan so I'd prefer to stay near Train Station. So any recommendations near Train Station for accomodation?
Every time I visit the temple town, I make it a point to stay in Tirupati atleast for a day for the local temple/kala hasti visit. I stay at Sreenivasam Complex which IMO is a good place to stay for a day. Costs Rs 200/- (for normal room, 400-AC room) and normally the room is given for 24 hrs only. The only grouse is you cant book it online, have to book it physically or by sending a DD.

Sreenivasam Complex is run by the TTD trust and is exactly opp to the APSRTC bus stand. This is not very near to the Tirupati Rly stn.
Old 3rd February 2013, 09:43   #189
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There is no quota however there are timings during which the special darshan tickets are issued. It is 9am to 2pm on Mondays, 9am to 5pm on Tues, Wed & Thurs and 9am to 9pm on Fri, Sat & Sun
Thanks. This certainly helps. Unfortunately, i couldn't make it that Friday. Like the saying goes, "HE" has to decide when we can go to Tirumala. I hope to do a quick visit sometime very soon.
Old 4th February 2013, 11:20   #190
BHPian

Quote:
@yikes
Did you book the Sudarshan Darshan online or buy it at the counters in Tirupati/Tirumala? I have booked online 3 tickets (for self, wife & son), how do I use the online booking receipt and where? I have booked for the 2 pm slot,
I booked the Sudarshan ticket online. All you need to do is take a print out of the receipt and carry it with you with the specified ID card.

Once you get into the line they (ticket attendants) will verify the ticket and put a seal on it.

If you have a 2pm darshan slot, be there by 1.15-1.30pm

@shipnil, you can stay at Tirupati, there are a lot of hotels near the railway station. I do that most of the times I travel. A lot depends on your pocket size. If you have the moolah then the Fortune hotel (ITC), The Grand Hotel, Bhima's Residency and one more hotel right behind the Reliance Mart are good. If you need a budget hotel then go for Bhimas Deluxe, this one is just 2 mins walk from the railway station. There are a whole lot of hotels between Rs. 200/- and 350/- if you are looking for economy.

Govinda, Govinda!

Last edited by yikes6633 : 4th February 2013 at 11:27. Reason: Added one more reply
Old 4th February 2013, 14:32   #191
BHPian

Quote:
I@shipnil, you can stay at Tirupati, there are a lot of hotels near the railway station. I do that most of the times I travel. A lot depends on your pocket size. If you have the moolah then the Fortune hotel (ITC), The Grand Hotel, Bhima's Residency and one more hotel right behind the Reliance Mart are good. If you need a budget hotel then go for Bhimas Deluxe, this one is just 2 mins walk from the railway station. There are a whole lot of hotels between Rs. 200/- and 350/- if you are looking for economy.

Govinda, Govinda!
Any idea if booking at the hotel counter would be cheaper compared to booking online? I think some of the names that you have mentioned are available on travel portals.
Old 4th February 2013, 17:15   #192
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea if booking at the hotel counter would be cheaper compared to booking online? I think some of the names that you have mentioned are available on travel portals.
When are you planning to visit? If it's between Jan 2nd week to March last week (except during long weekends), then you may book/reserve a hotel on your arrival at Tirupati else do it in advance.
yikes6633 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th February 2013, 19:21   #193
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
That is a fantastic link. I've registered just now. But am a bit confused. Need to know:-
  1. How many persons can I book for using my id? We are a family of 4, and sometimes even my close kin may accompany.
  2. There are a lot of confusing items. What qualifies for a quick darshan---is it Nijapada Darshanam or Archana? I don't see 'Sheegra darshan' in the list displayed.
Old 4th February 2013, 19:28   #194
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
That is a fantastic link. I've registered just now. But am a bit confused. Need to know:-
  1. How many persons can I book for using my id? We are a family of 4, and sometimes even my close kin may accompany.
  2. There are a lot of confusing items. What qualifies for a quick darshan---is it Nijapada Darshanam or Archana? I don't see 'Sheegra darshan' in the list displayed.
e-Sudarsanam is the quick darshan if you book online in advance. The Sheegra Darshan is the on spot booking in Tirumala of quick darshan. Both will take the same time. If you can pre-book, nothing like it. If you couldn't, the sheegra darshan is the way to go.

I think you can book upto 6 persons. If you couldn't, create one more id using your wife/son/daughters details.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2013, 16:24   #195
Senior - BHPian

Any update on how many hours it takes nowadays for seegradarshan?

-Ravi

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks