Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th April 2016, 11:26   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Except for Suprabatham, Thomala, Archana, Nijapada Darsanam, Abhishekam, Tiruppavada and VIP break, all other darshans are only Maha Lagu.
I remember there used to be Lagu darshan on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only, so that we can go inside and see the lord closer, take a left U turn and return back to exit. Isn't that any more true?

-Ravi
Old 19th April 2016, 12:48   #302
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I remember there used to be Lagu darshan on Tuesdays and Wednesdays only, so that we can go inside and see the lord closer, take a left U turn and return back to exit. Isn't that any more true?

-Ravi
No, it's been done away with since last 3 years. Now only Sevas allow you to get closer to the Lord.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2016, 13:28   #303
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
No, it's been done away with since last 3 years. Now only Sevas allow you to get closer to the Lord.
Oops. didn't knew that.
Thanks for the update.

-Ravi
Old 20th April 2016, 17:43   #304
BHPian

Quote:
Wow ! You seemed to be very lucky to get very quick darshan. I believe it may be due to mid week and also mid noon darshan times

One QQ: Since it is a wednesday, did they allowed you to have lagu darshan to go near the sanctum, then take a left U turn and return back, so that you could see the god little closer? Or you just had to take a 90 degree left turn to exit immediately?

-Ravi
No sir- we were not lucky to go near the sanctum.
It was the regular - 90 degree left turn to exit immediately.
daretodream is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2016, 14:21   #305
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
I was able to book the suprabhatham seva online for 4 people (using 2 ids) for May 15th (sunday). The quota opened today at 11.00 AM IST.
500 INR rooms are booked for 14th (afternoon onwards) and 15th. Planning to start from CBE by 5 AM on 14th April.
The whole booking episode reminded me of the Tatkal ticket booking (IRCTC) days.

Feeling lucky to get the tickets.
Darshan summary:
Had a good darshan of Lord in the sleep . 2 AM was the reporting time for the Suprabhatham seva. Took us very close to Lord. Overall, happy.
We got room in Panchajanyam.
Drainage was not proper in the 500 INR room and had an Indian closet in the toilet. . My parents had a tough time. .
The TTD sevakars, who say "Jargandi" were there infront of God. Male TTD employees were pushing Lady devotees too though lady employees were available. One guy was about to do the same to my wife and I told don't touch ladies. He told something in Telugu which I did not understand and did not feel like replying to him.
Touching ladies without their permission should be avoided. I have informed this to the TTD management via email.

Drive:
I drove from Coimbatore to Tirumala in a Ritz with 4 adults and 2 kids. It took 9 hours approx. Started by 8:00 AM and reached there by 5PM. Return was by 10:30 AM and reached by 7PM. It was kind of bumpy ride for rear passengers. The diesel motor was noisy too. It has run 88k and is more than 6 years old now. Need to change the car. The Neelambur - Chengapally (IVRCL project) had lot of undulations on the road, though recently constructed. IVRCL has a good name in building pathetic projects, I guess. Roads were not that great from Vellore till Rennigunta I guess (where you take a turn from the chitoor - kurnool road to Tirumala).
Andhra guys have the habit of unnecessary honking I guess. APSRTC buses have dangerous horns. There is a rule that NH should NOT have humps. But there were lots on the Andhra highways.
Now on, I decided to pray to Lord sitting at home. That will be better than going and undergoing all these things which will spoil your mood / the +ve vibrations you get.

Last edited by deemash : 17th May 2016 at 14:34.
deemash is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th October 2016, 15:47   #306
Senior - BHPian

A general query: What would be the best time to visit Tirupati? How would the rush be during the upcoming weekend? I am asking this since its a festive period.
Old 12th October 2016, 12:38   #307
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
A general query: What would be the best time to visit Tirupati? How would the rush be during the upcoming weekend? I am asking this since its a festive period.
Usually weekends are crowded and given that this saturday 15th October is last saturday of Purattasi month and brahmotsavam is going on, you can expect heavy rush.

Best time to visit Tirupati ?? It depends on lot of factors. I can say generally after a long weekend or festive season, the crowd will be comparitively lesser but it doesn't mean its always true.

-Ravi
Old 12th October 2016, 15:21   #308
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
Now on, I decided to pray to Lord sitting at home. That will be better than going and undergoing all these things which will spoil your mood / the +ve vibrations you get.
After the recent visit, where i witnessed a 'road train' of vehicles climbing up and down the ghats, i decided the same.

These days I switch to SVBC channel in the early morning and tell the people at home that 'tirupati came to our home'.

It helps.
ramzsys is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 12:25   #309
BHPian

I have had 2 experiences and both completely opposite. As a rookie drove down to Tirumala and joined the normal queue as everyone kept saying there is no crowd - go here itself. I was pushed and shoved around and managed to actually scream at people. All around horrible experience.
Then I went in the Paid line on a Saturday and everything was done in 2 hours - Super experience. Only problem is in the main sanctum where till you actually get in the barricaded line, you should expect a lot of trouble.

Has anyone had their kids mundan done there? I am going for this specific task this Saturday. My darshan time is 1pm. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
Old 17th October 2016, 13:37   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

Has anyone had their kids mundan done there? I am going for this specific task this Saturday. My darshan time is 1pm. Any pointers would be highly appreciated.
I got my kids mundan done some 4 years ago. The official charges were very less ( some 10 bucks or so ) , but the barbers ask for extra money, and they are never happy with what you offer them.
Old 17th October 2016, 14:30   #311
BHPian

Friends,
Planning to visit Tirupati for darshan on 25th this month. I have with me aged (sr. citizen) parents and two kids. All the accommodation facilities at Tirumala is over, so the option is left with Tirupati only.
1. Madhavam TTD Guest house is available. But I understand it is about 25km away from Temple. So how can we go to Tirumala? Can we go there with our car and park there?
2. Special entry darshan is available on all time slots. I prefer to have it on 9 A.M slot which is the first one. Or should I wait for the next time slot to reduce rush?
3.Can my parents also have darshan with the same ticket? or separate tickets are there for Sr. citizen entry?
plz. help
bbhavan
Old 17th October 2016, 18:56   #312
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post

I did for my daughter last year same time. Since your darshan time is at 1 pm, my suggestion is you goto Kalyana Katta (where they remove hair) early in the morning by 6 am/7 am or so, so that you can stand in the queue and get it done in about 2 to 3 hours. Post which you will need time to take bath, refresh, breakfast etc which it self will need another 2 hours so that you can join the queue for reporting at 12 noon. If your kid is less than 1 year, your best bet is to go via Supatham queue for infants where you can finish darshan in straight 1 hour without any break. I believe it starts at 10 am in the morning and 3 pm in the afternoon IIRC. If your kid is more than 1 year, carry sufficient drinks and snacks like biscuits or any kid food in laptop style back bag so that if you are delayed in queues due to long waiting time in the halls, you have food for kids.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Friends,
Planning to visit Tirupati for darshan on 25th this month. I have with me aged (sr. citizen) parents and two kids. All the accommodation facilities at Tirumala is over, so the option is left with Tirupati only.
1. Madhavam TTD Guest house is available. But I understand it is about 25km away from Temple. So how can we go to Tirumala? Can we go there with our car and park there?
2. Special entry darshan is available on all time slots. I prefer to have it on 9 A.M slot which is the first one. Or should I wait for the next time slot to reduce rush?
3.Can my parents also have darshan with the same ticket? or separate tickets are there for Sr. citizen entry?
plz. help
bbhavan
To answer your questions:
1) From Tirupati, it will take about 1 to 1.5 hours to reach tirumala by car including the minimum driving time (28 minutes) + toll security checks and parking etc. Yes, you can very well park your car and go for darshan.
2) Rs. 300 special entry darshan is same for all time slots. I don't think you will find any reduction in time because of different time slot.
3) Since your parents are senior citizens, I suggest them to go in Senior Citizen queue but that queue is only twice per day. I can't recollect the Sr. Citizen darshan time slot, so please check with TTD helpline. If they need assistance for walking, then one person (either you or your spouse) can accompany them. If both your parents need assistance for walking then both you and your spouse can accompany each of them along with your kids. I assume your kids are less than 12 years of age. Else, they won't allow kids to accompany with you in this case.

If your parents can walk on their own, then i don't think they will allow you or your spouse to accompany. Your parents have to go separately in senior citizen queue with appropriate age ID proof and you and your spouse, kids have to go separately in Rs. 300 ticket or other darshan tickets. For aged senior citizens, my recommendation is for them to go in that senior citizen queue, as it will be tiring for them if they come in normal Rs. 300 queue with all the rush and time delays in waiting hall which is bit unpredictable.

HTH

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 17th October 2016 at 18:57.
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th October 2016, 19:04   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by binaiks View Post
What would be the best time to visit Tirupati? How would the rush be during the upcoming weekend?
Best time would be on Ganesh Chaturthi or Shiva ratri when people are busy celebrating these festivals.
Old 17th October 2016, 19:39   #314
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by girimajiananth View Post
Best time would be on Ganesh Chaturthi or Shiva ratri when people are busy celebrating these festivals.
Last year, I visited just on the next day after Diwali and, man, Tirumala had a deserted look. I was roaming around the temple around 9 pm there were hardly any people to be seen. The next day around the same time, it was things as usual. So yes, visiting around festival is a great idea to avoid huge crowds.
Old 18th October 2016, 08:53   #315
BHPian

Quote:

To answer your questions:

2) Rs. 300 special entry darshan is same for all time slots. I don't think you will find any reduction in time because of different time slot.

3) Since your parents are senior citizens, I suggest them to go in Senior Citizen queue but that queue is only twice per day.

HTH

-Ravi
Thank you very much for your replies.

2.)I was asking about the rush in the various time slots. I was wondering ,whether the 9AM being the first slot, the rush may be higher? And for the 9AM slot, I have to leave the hotel by 6AM, without having breakfast.

3.) My Parents can walk their own, but to a short distance only, say 100m max. This special entry fees is applicable for senior citizens also? Or any other tickets for them?

One of my kids is below 12 years and both the parents are well above 80.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks