Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2016, 08:58   #316
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbhavan View Post
Thank you very much for your replies.

2.)I was asking about the rush in the various time slots...

3.) My Parents can walk their own,...
The first slot for the Rs 300 darshan is normally the fastest.
For your parents, there are two time slots, 10.00 AM and 3.00 PM. There is no charge for them.
http://www.tirumala.org/SpecialDarsh...edAndAged.aspx
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 10:09   #317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
If your kid is less than 1 year, your best bet is to go via Supatham queue for infants where you can finish darshan in straight 1 hour without any break. I believe it starts at 10 am in the morning and 3 pm in the afternoon IIRC. If your kid is more than 1 year, carry sufficient drinks and snacks like biscuits or any kid food in laptop style back bag so that if you are delayed in queues due to long waiting time in the halls, you have food for kids.
Thanks Ravi. Some more info:

One kid is less than 1 and another older kid. I have a friend with me. So, total of 3 tickets booked for the 1pm slot this Saturday.
We plan to start early morning from BLR and would reach Tirupati by 11am max. If you could be a bit more specific about Supatham it would be mighty helpful. I searched around but could not find anything relevant and trustworthy.
Old 18th October 2016, 18:57   #318
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
Thanks Ravi. Some more info:

One kid is less than 1 and another older kid. I have a friend with me. So, total of 3 tickets booked for the 1pm slot this Saturday.
We plan to start early morning from BLR and would reach Tirupati by 11am max. If you could be a bit more specific about Supatham it would be mighty helpful. I searched around but could not find anything relevant and trustworthy.
If you plan to to leave Bangalore by 6 am, with infant on board, you can budget for 5 hours drive easily to reach by 11. Add additional 2 to 2.5 hours time to reach Tirumala including the drive+security check+parking+walking time.

Supatham is queue entrance for Infants less than 1 year age and for Kalyanotsavam. It is located here as shown in GMaps.

https://goo.gl/maps/nbwLnzyNAQD2

If you stand in front of main entrance facing Gopuram, you have to walk Left towards "Sahasra Deepalankara Mandapam" and South Mada street and immediately you will see a steep steps (about 20 steps) to climb to your left. Just climb those steps and if you walk for about 100 metres, you will see Supatham Entrance queue to your right. I believe the current timings are at 10 am in the morning and 3 pm in the evening, but double check with TTD Helpline number.

Only Father, Mother, infant less than one year and if there are any siblings are all allowed in the Supatham queue. No other person is allowed. You should carry age proof (birth certificate) for your infant, so if they ask you can show them.
You cannot take your friend in Supatham queue. Only you, your wife and kids.

More details are available in Bangalore-Tirupati thread. Search for Supatham within that thread. Some posts links are here.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route-...ml#post3051151

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 18th October 2016 at 19:00.
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 20:11   #319
Team-BHP Support

Disclaimer: I received this on a whatsapp group.
I cannot hence vouch for it being 100% accurate.

Quote:
Visit of Senior Citizens to Tirupathi Temple made easier.
{Its being forwarded as received}.
Free Darshan of Lord Venkatesheara for Senior Citizens @Tirupathi.
Posted for the benefit of my senior citizen friends who may visit Tirupati for Darshan of Lord Venkateswara or Balaji.

Good News for Senior and disabled persons.
Those who would like to have Darshan of Lord Venkatachalapathi at Thirumala.
There are two slots fixed. One at 10am and another at 3pm.
You have to produce age proof with photo ID and report at S 1 counter under the bridge crossing the road from Gallery to Temple right side wall. No need to climb any steps.
Good seating arrangement is available. When you are seated inside -Hot Sambar rice and curd rice and Hot milk is provided.
Everything is free of cost. You will get two laddus for which you have to pay Rs.20/-.
For more laddus you can pay Rs. 25/- for each laddu.
From the car parking area at the exit gate of the Temple, a battery car is available to drop you at the counter of entry and vice -versa.
At the time of Darshan all other queues are stopped only Sr.Citizen Darshan is allowed without any push or pressure.
You can just come out of Darshan within 30 minutes after happily seing the Lord.
Info courtesy : TTD.
If any Sr. Citizen has a successful visit do share with all.
bblost is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2016, 20:23   #320
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
I did not verify the details but this is not new. Maybe from nearly a decade this is existent since my grandparents have availed this darshan every time we have been there. The 10AM slot is true and there should be another slot. Maybe the battery buggies are all new since this was not existent before.

Apart from this there is a special entry for parents with infants less than 1 year.
Old 18th October 2016, 20:49   #321
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bblost View Post
This is pretty much true. The timeslots as well as the milk part my parents can vouch for. The only thing I am not sure is the battery operated carts.
Old 18th October 2016, 22:38   #322
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
This is pretty much true. The timeslots as well as the milk part my parents can vouch for. The only thing I am not sure is the battery operated carts.
Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I did not verify the details but this is not new. Maybe from nearly a decade this is existent since my grandparents have availed this darshan every time we have been there. The 10AM slot is true and there should be another slot. Maybe the battery buggies are all new since this was not existent before.

Apart from this there is a special entry for parents with infants less than 1 year.
Yes, these are are not new except for Battery cars which i have not heard of. I think the 2nd slot is at 3 pm in afternoon but not very sure. Other details are true AFAIK but one thing to call out is, those young persons whoever accompany the senior citizens do create the push and pressure unfortunately. That does cause inconveniences to senior citizens and also for parents with infants (less than 1 year) who are entering the queue at same time.

-Ravi
Old 4th November 2016, 16:06   #323
BHPian

The senior citizen's darshan timings and facilities are 100% right as per the above info.
Last week, we had darshan, with my parents accompanied by my wife went with the 3pm slot. The gate opens at 1 PM, the battery cars are there to help them.Only problem is that they have to wait there till 3pm, as that is their time slot. Meanwhile they will be offered lunch, curd rice, milk etc. The other gates will be closed, when these seniors enter the main temple gate.
After sending them at 1.15 Pm, me and my son went to the special entrance (Rs 300/-) gate and had our darshan by 2.30. Parents could do the darshan after that only.
Old 21st February 2017, 14:02   #324
BHPian

Hello. I am planning to visit the temple for the first time around 15th of March 2017. Since this is going to be my first time i have absolutely no idea regarding anything. I plan to start from Mangalore around 7.00 am and try to reach Tirupati/Tirumala by evening. Have darshan the next day and leave back for Mangalore. If its late stay overnight at Bangalore and continue back the next day. Any suggestions regarding everything will be highly appreciated. Along with me is my wife and 9 year old daughter. Thanks in advance.
Old 21st February 2017, 14:15   #325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nityaya View Post
Hello. I am planning to visit the temple for the first time around 15th of March 2017. Since this is going to be my first time i have absolutely no idea regarding anything. I plan to start from Mangalore around 7.00 am and try to reach Tirupati/Tirumala by evening. Have darshan the next day and leave back for Mangalore. If its late stay overnight at Bangalore and continue back the next day. Any suggestions regarding everything will be highly appreciated. Along with me is my wife and 9 year old daughter. Thanks in advance.
I cannot comment on the driving part. I can only comment on how can your go for darshan

1. Book tickets online (Sheegra darshan) costs 300/- for adults, no cost for child
2. You can also choose the infant line at 10am and 3pm - reach early for this - this is free (?) I suppose - I highly suggest this
3. When ever is you time slot, it would take around 3 hours for the Sheegra Darshan, cannot comment on the other line
4. You may choose to stay overnight at Tirumala, the TTD run cottages are decent and not expensive
5. In any line, you can carry food and water for your daughter, also a bag
6. You cannot take anything like a rice cooker or a induction stove
7. Remember to carry a print of your id & darshan slips
8. I had my son's head tonsured there (9 month old) - it's free, but barbers would generally ask for money at the end
9. It's tough for a child as there is very little space and it gets pretty crowded when you enter the inner sanctum

Visit this website for more info:
https://ttdsevaonline.com/

Last edited by pratyush6 : 21st February 2017 at 14:21.
pratyush6 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 14:20   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Hello...Any suggestions regarding everything will be highly appreciated. Along with me is my wife and 9 year old daughter. Thanks in advance.
This is what you need to do PRACTICALLY...
1. Visit https://www.ttdsevaonline.com/ & register followed by booking a slot on the day & time you want to visit, say Mar 15 9:00 AM darshan
2. Take a printout of the ticket which you'll get after booking the slot
3. Leave a day early, say 14-Mar, drive comfortably to reach Tirupati (foothills for Tirumala), say by evening. You'll find plenty of Balaji, Tirumala, Venkateshwara named hotels all around. Or go-ahead & stay at Bhimas Residency near Tirupathi bus stand
4. On 15-Mar early morning, leave the hotel by 5:30 AM so as to reach the tollgate at the foot hills of Tirumala. Note - Only after 5:00 AM they let you drive uphill, so even if you leave by 4:30 or 4:00 AM, no use.
5. Take about 45 minutes or more to drive up; sooner you drive, Rs 300 you pay as penalty likewise to get down also
6. Park your car leisure, walk towards Tirupati temple. Enroute find a place to have breakfast
7. Before 7:45 or 8:00 AM find out the right queue for seegradarshan & enjoy the long wait
8. You should be mostly out after a darshan by 9:30 or 10:00 AM
9. Get to Laddu prasada counter, show your tickets & collect the number of laddus mentioned in the ticket
10. You're ready to roam or visit other temples of your choice

Tip
- When booking the ticket, you can also book the number of extra laddus you need at the price of Rs 25 each
- Try & get early morning darshan as early (in your case starts only by 9:00 AM unlike before) so as to avoid heat & crowd
- If you're little more ambitious, you can book sevas that starts as early as 2:00 AM with which your long darshan time is guaranteed
- You can also book accommodation at the foothills (Srinivasam complex) or at (all other complex) Tirumala so that you can get even early morning 3:00 AM darshan before the crowd gets into the hills. The rooms, IF AVAILABLE, costs 10 times less than what it costs in foothills/private hotel. Rs 100 for a room & common bathroom or Rs 250 with private bathroom & both will have hot water
- Have your identification card that you've used when booking always in handy & also keep it safe in the crowd
- DO NOT carry bag, mobile or even water bottle of that sort (but your LEATHER wallet is allowed), basically, just go empty handed with money for donation, IF any

Good luck

Last edited by aargee : 21st February 2017 at 14:23.
aargee is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 21st February 2017, 14:23   #327
BHPian

Book your time slot online so that you don't have to face any issues with darshan.

Check for availability of guest houses online, and book them. If they are not available, there are plenty of options in Tirupati to stay, if you chose to.

Book the room and the darshan and you are all set.

Quote:
Old 21st February 2017, 20:40   #328
BHPian

Quote:
Any suggestions regarding everything will be highly appreciated. Along with me is my wife and 9 year old daughter. Thanks in advance.
Quote:
Originally Posted by pratyush6 View Post
2. You can also choose the infant line at 10am and 3pm - reach early for this - this is free (?) I suppose - I highly suggest this
He cannot take the infant line with a 9 year old daughter. He has to go through Seegra Darshan only.
Old 21st February 2017, 21:15   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
He cannot take the infant line with a 9 year old daughter. He has to go through Seegra Darshan only.
What the hell was I smoking.. I read it as 9 months

Another bit of info: As a general rule always leave a gap in front of you and stick to the right side of lines. Don't keep following the crowd who try to make a run for it and whenever you find yourself standing still, try and sit down.

The crowd behaviour gets typically bad when you are about to enter the inner sanctum (after the second security check), maintain your calm and keep chanting some mantra.
Old 21st February 2017, 21:58   #330
BHPian

Quote:
I have booked a tirupati trip schedule of 4 days from the same March15 for my parents. I made all the arrangements for them including darshan and accommodation in January 2017. During this process I got to know that there is some Brahmotsavam ( some big festival is also scheduled at that same time) for which certain seva's have been cancelled. Also there would huge rush expected at the same time. However I do not have a clear idea of what that big event is but regarding this I would like to suggest you to check with this and plan or reschedule your itinerary accordingly so as not to face unavailability of accommodation due to huge rush. Please confirm with the date and the big event and do plan accordingly as this is your first time. Any further help do revert back to me.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks