Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th August 2017, 17:46   #391
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Thanks for the update @srimath. Surprised to see that Aarti is removed for L2.
Any idea, from when this was changed?

-Ravi
Around July / August 2016
srimath is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 12:11   #392
BHPian

TTD has introduced electronic lucky dip booking for seva enrollments. Refer this portal for more details.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 13:21   #393
Senior - BHPian

I have a special entry slot for 5 PM. I would also like to tonsure my head before that. What time do you think we should reach tirumala? I think, reaching by about 2 PM should be fine and should give enough time for tonsuring. Going by what I have read here, I should look out for a tonsure place after the tirumala up road on the left hand side after toll gate. After that I should look for parking near the laddu centre and walk myself to the special entry reporting place near ATC parking. Once here, enter for darsan, finish darsan, collect laddus. Stay at tirumala, visit kalahasti and padmavathi temple next day.

Darsan slot is at 29 Sunday at 5PM.

Request to teambhp-ians.

0. Is that plan, OK, do you foresee any issues?
1. Are the time frames alright?
2. Where can I stay in tirumala?
3. Can you point me to the parking near laddu center in google maps?
4. Food option, somewhere en route from Bangalore for lunch?
Old 17th October 2017, 14:09   #394
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
0. Is that plan, OK, do you foresee any issues?
1. Are the time frames alright?
2. Where can I stay in tirumala?
3. Can you point me to the parking near laddu center in google maps?
4. Food option, somewhere en route from Bangalore for lunch?
Your plan looks ok, but do plan for traffic and ensure that you reach Tirumala by 2 PM.

In Tirumala, there are several guest houses managed by TTD. You can book those online or stand in the queue once you reach there and get accommodation for 24 hours. If these are full, you can try some of the Mutts, which are location on the Papavinasanam road. They usually have accommodation available.

I'm not sure about this parking near the Laddu counter. Usually, I park near the guest house and walk around in Tirumala.

For Food, you can check out Bans on Chitoor Bypass road, which has good food options.
Newpunter is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 14:59   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newpunter View Post
Your plan looks ok, but do plan for traffic and ensure that you reach Tirumala by 2 PM.
Quote:
I have a special entry slot for 5 PM. I would also like to tonsure my head before that.
Since it is a Sunday there will be good rush. I would always reach as early as possible and try to finish Tonsure. On the the Darshan timings, They will allow you even if you are early by an hour, unless there is mad rush. I generally drop the car near Sarangi hotel which is a KM away from the entrance for Sheegradarshan.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd February 2018 at 23:47. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
vinukm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2017, 13:02   #396
Senior - BHPian

Guys, do I need to carry the print out of the receipt for darsan?
Old 28th October 2017, 13:13   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Guys, do I need to carry the print out of the receipt for darsan?
Absolutely! Else, how would you prove you have bought a ticket for darshan? They don't allow cell phones inside, if you are thinking of showing them some sms confirmation.
shipnil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 17:33   #398
BHPian

We (Parents, Wife, Son and I) had been to Tirumala on 22-23Oct. On 22Oct we started at around 9:00AM. Took 2 breaks - one at Mulabagal, Next at Hotel Sapthagiri (where we had packed lunch). Next we headed straight to Padmavathi Temple (Tiruchanur). After having a quick darshan we drove to Tirumala and took the receipt for the pre-booked rooms. The rooms allocated were a 2 minute walk from the North Mada Street (Near the Varahaswamy Temple). As customary we visited the Pushkarni and Varaha Temple and returned to our room.

My Parents had registered and confirmed for the Mondays only VISHESHA POOJA. Wife and I had booked tickets for the Rs. 300 Special Darshan at 9:00 AM Slot.

My Son went along with parents (they left the room at 6:30 AM) as the Queue would start from Supatham and it would be less crowded until they reach the Pooja Mantapa. The Pooja starts at around 8:00AM and after that they were allowed into the temple for the Darshan along with the ongoing Queue. They completed their Seva and Darshan and exited at around 10:00 AM.

Wife and I went to the ATC Parking Area Entry at 7:40AM and were the among first ones (9:00 AM slot) to enter the Vaikuntam Queue Complex. By 8:15 AM we joined the main Queue (didn't have to wait in the compartments) and at around 9:15 AM we had the darshan of Lord Venkateshwara. After taking the prasada and laddu we exited at around 9:45AM.

Being a Monday the Darshan was quick and not too much of jostling as well in the main temple premises.

Around 11:00AM we checked out of the rooms and spent the afternoon visiting Srivari Padalu, Shila Thorana and S V Museum. Then had lunch at Saarangi and started the return journey home at 2:15PM.

Being a Monday the traffic was chaotic at K R Puram junction and so we took a deviation through Mahadevpura and reached home (Kaggadasapura) at 9:00 PM after blissful 2 days at Tirupati-Tirumala.

Last edited by alokgunhal : 30th October 2017 at 17:34.
alokgunhal is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 23:25   #399
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday, 29-October, Sunday, we had a 5 PM slot for 300 SED. We reached Tirumala at 7 AM after starting from home, Cochin at 3 PM the previous day. We had to travel via Bangalore to pick up a friend. Checked into our prebooked mutt and had breakfast. Slept till 12 noon, went to have lunch and proceed for tonsuring. Came back, took bath and reported at 3:50 PM at ATC parking. Joined the queues and we entered the main temple by around 4:30 PM and finished darsan by around 4:50 PM. Collected Laddus, checked out and proceed to visit Padmavathi Temple (Tiruchanur). Reached Bangalore by around 1:30 AM.

Thank you all BHPians for your immense help. This thread had helped me a lot with my planning and was key for a successful visit.
govigov is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 10:45   #400
BHPian

Folks, I wanted to share this information for devotees/pilgrims aspiring to conduct special Sevas at Tirumala. Many of you may already know this. So, this is for others who may not be aware of the following facility available in TTD website (https://ttdsevaonline.com/)
There are 5 sevas (details below) as of now which can be booked through an Electronic DIP system (e-lottery). The lottery opens at 10am on first Friday of every month. And closes at 10am on the following Tuesday. It is for booking these sevas 3 months in advance – i.e., you apply in February for the sevas in May.
*The DIP is now open for May-2018 sevas. You need to have/create a login at ttdsevaonline portal for applying for this DIP.

Just after login, Choose “Seva Electronic DIP” from menu

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd1.png

If you visit before DIP begins, this is what you will see:

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd2.png

If you visit after DIP has begun this is how it will look like:
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd3.png

Read and accept the terms and conditions. You can book for yourself or for others (but maximum 2 adults per login). Children up to 12 years can accompany the adults selected for the seva (no fee for children). But carry age proof for the child. Selected pilgrims have to wear traditional clothes only during seva.
Only Passport or Aadhaar number are accepted as Photo ID Proof. Have them ready for intended pilgrims.

These are the sevas that are presently available for booking under Electronic DIP system:

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd4.png

1. Thomala Seva and Archana are only on Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays.
2. Astadala Pada Padmaradhanamu is only on Tuesdays.
3. Suprabhatam seva is a daily seva.
4. Nijapadha Darsanam is only on Fridays.

No of tickets per seva:
Thomala Seva – 10 per day
Archana – 10 per day
Astadala Pada Padmaradhanamu – 60 per day
Suprabhatam – it varies between 240 to 270 per day
Nijapadha Darsanam – 575 per day

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd5.png

You will be allotted a unique Form ID. No need to pay any amount as of now. DIP results will be announced on following Tuesday at 12 noon. In this case, 6th February 2018. Only selected pilgrims will be intimated through SMS. They will be given some time (I think 3 or 5 days) to pay the amount based on the Seva.
You can see the status in the DIP history:

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd6.png

Other sevas available for booking in advance (not through Electronic DIP system)

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-ttd7.png

I was fortunate in November-2017 when I applied for DIP (for the month of February 2018). I was selected for Suprabhatam seva on 7th February 2018. Going there next week with my wife and daughter for the seva.
Hope you also get Almighty’s grace if and when you apply.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Oh! If you do get selected in the DIP, don’t forget to book accommodation at Tirumala or Tirupati using the same portal for the appropriate date(s).
srvm is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:19   #401
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post
Folks, I wanted to share this information for devotees/pilgrims aspiring to conduct special Sevas at Tirumala. Many of you may already know this. So, this is for others who may not be aware of the following facility available in TTD website (https://ttdsevaonline.com/)
There are 5 sevas (details below) as of now which can be booked through an Electronic DIP system (e-lottery). The lottery opens at 10am on first Friday of every month. And closes at 10am on the following Tuesday. It is for booking these sevas 3 months in advance – i.e., you apply in February for the sevas in May.
*The DIP is now open for May-2018 sevas. You need to have/create a login at ttdsevaonline portal for applying for this DIP.
Thanks for the detailed info. Ever since the dip system was introduced, my dad had been insisting we try it out. But I was too lazy to do the same. My cousin was also fortunate enough to grab tickets once. Before that, there was a monthly release in which we managed to get a few seva tickets where me and dad booked simultaneously from different places. It doesnt even allow you to book multiple tickets from the same IP.

Now since its been some time that we visited Tirumala, I will try this sometime in the coming sessions.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 11:22   #402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Thanks for the detailed info. Ever since the dip system was introduced, my dad had been insisting we try it out. But I was too lazy to do the same. My cousin was also fortunate enough to grab tickets once. Before that, there was a monthly release in which we managed to get a few seva tickets where me and dad booked simultaneously from different places. It doesnt even allow you to book multiple tickets from the same IP.

Now since its been some time that we visited Tirumala, I will try this sometime in the coming sessions.
I'm glad you find the details useful. Please do give it a try. Nothing to lose.
And good luck for the e-lottery.
Old 2nd February 2018, 19:11   #403
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srvm View Post

I was fortunate in November-2017 when I applied for DIP (for the month of February 2018). I was selected for Suprabhatam seva on 7th February 2018. Going there next week with my wife and daughter for the seva.
Hope you also get Almighty’s grace if and when you apply.

Om Namo Narayanaya.

Oh! If you do get selected in the DIP, don’t forget to book accommodation at Tirumala or Tirupati using the same portal for the appropriate date(s).
@srvm, you are indeed lucky to get most auspicious suprabhatam seva. Really it is extremely difficult to get a suprabhata seva tickets and those who get must definitely consider themselves as most lucky and have perumal's blessings. And i really mean it
I was lucky enough on 08-Aug-2016 to get Suprabhatam seva darshan. Its a most memorable experience that i can't forget in my life. Frankly i was weeping when i was able to go and stand pretty close to lord because we feel we are nothing in front of almighty.

As you are travelling with family, few tips based on my experience. May be you are already aware of most of it, but hope it helps others as well.
1) Ensure you stand in the suprabhatam seva entrance counter around 12 am midnight or at least 12.30 am itself. The queue picks up very much by that time itself near Main Vaikuntam Queue complex.
2) Though summer is picking up slowly, but still is quite cold in nights especially in Tirumala. So have required winter clothing as appropriate.
3) Suprabhatam seva is conducted between 2.30 am to 3 am but since you will be standing from 12.30 am onwards, carry water bottles or some snacks in casce you/kid feel hungry.
4) There will be rush in beginning of the queue. I suggest you try to be somewhere around 80% or 90% of the queue length. The reason being, when everyone gets inside the sanctum sanctorum near garudar, you will also be able to get inside to hear when suprabhatam is recited. The screen will be closed and no one can see the lord. After the recitation is complete, all those who are in queue are allowed to go near to the lord and see it close proximity. You need a thousand eyes to see the lord in that close distance. If you are towards end of the queue, there are good chances that you can see the lord for little more time as the queue is ending and they won't ask you to rush up unlike for those who are at beginning of the queue. So after the suprabhatam recitation is complete, just allow those who are rushing to go in hurry and you take a calm and slow steps to be at end of the queue, if possible.
4) Of course needless to say, you will have to be awake entire night so take sufficient rest prior day.

BTW, is there any particular reason why you emphasize to book rooms in the portal itself?
I booked the rooms at Tirupati itself and not Tirumala.
We left Bangalore prior evening, finished dinner, took little rest, took bath and then drove up to Tirumala to stand in queue at 12 am. So after darshan, i drove down to Tirupati and came to room for few hours rest. Finished the breakfast and drove back to bangalore to reach here for lunch.

Have a great darshan and i am sure it will also be one of the most memorable thing in your life for ever. Once again to reiterate, you are really really lucky!

OM Namo Narayanaya!

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2018, 07:20   #404
Distinguished - BHPian

Any recent updates or tips on the BLR to Tirupati route? Planning for a same day trip in 2 weeks time. Targeting a 1 pm or 2 pm darshan.

Last edited by itwasntme : 6th February 2018 at 07:20. Reason: Formatting
Old 6th February 2018, 07:25   #405
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Any recent updates or tips on the BLR to Tirupati route? Planning for a same day trip in 2 weeks time. Targeting a 1 pm or 2 pm darshan.
The one update I remember reading in few posts was the road widening work after the KA-AP state border (once 4 laned section on Karnataka side ends).
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks