Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th July 2021, 15:45   #526
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
BTW, does anyone know if the footpath Srivari Mettu is open and the divya darshan tokens are handed out?
Srivari Metlu is open but you need tickets before you start. No entry without darshan tickets. And no divya darshan tokens were given
temala is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 13:30   #527
Senior - BHPian

Cross posting my Seegradarshan experience on 23-July-2021.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/route...ml#post5109750 (Bangalore to Tirupati : Route Queries)

-Ravi
Old 27th July 2021, 23:23   #528
Distinguished - BHPian

Accommodation at Tirumala! Any tips please? Worth it or better to stay in Tirupati and just drive up?
Old 28th July 2021, 01:25   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Accommodation at Tirumala! Any tips please? Worth it or better to stay in Tirupati and just drive up?
I wouldn't suggest in Tirumala since all the rooms are managed by TTD and while there are some really good blocks you aren't assured of where you will be allotted. However I'm not sure of the latest changes. Instead we have been staying in Tirupati and driving up. Quite a few options based on your budget and preferences. Last three times we stayed in Pai Viceroy and the rooms were good and well kept. Not very luxurious though a VFM choice.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 06:52   #530
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Bangalore - Tirupati is a breeze with the new byPass ready (small patches yet to be finished). Unless you have a very compelling reason for a overnight stay, it’s easier as a day trip.

If you must stay, I would avoid the TTD rooms and pick a hotel at Tirupati instead.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 08:46   #531
BHPian

Quote:
Accommodation in Tirumala is decent but you need to book it in advance and currently they allow to book room only if you have a darshan ticket. Most of them are clean and ok for a single night.

If you don't have to stay overnight, would suggest to stay in Tirupati and drive up before Darshan.
temala is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 09:24   #532
BHPian

Quote:
We always stay in Tirumala as it will be convenient to take a dip in the Pushkarni and have the darshan on Bhuvarahaswami and then proceed to the Vaikuntam Q complex. There are many private/trust run accommodation options including Shri Ahobila Mutt, Shri Uttaradhi Mutt( where we stay usually), Shri Sringeri Shankar Mutt, Shri Vyasaraja Mutt . They are ok for a overnight stay and is well connected with Jeeps for easy movement in and around Tirumala and also have paid parking facilities.
mazda4life is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 12:27   #533
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
My recommendation - If at all you really have to stay overnight, better to stay in Tirupati in well hygiene maintained hotel due to covid, and drive up to Tirumala for darshan.
In current situation, that's the safe bet i think. Else if possible, try to do a day trip if quick darshan is the only purpose.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th July 2021, 17:02   #534
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
I wouldn't suggest in Tirumala since all the rooms are managed by TTD and while there are some really good blocks you aren't assured of where you will be allotted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Bangalore - Tirupati is a breeze with the new byPass ready (small patches yet to be finished). Unless you have a very compelling reason for a overnight stay, it’s easier as a day trip.

If you must stay, I would avoid the TTD rooms and pick a hotel at Tirupati instead.
Quote:
Originally Posted by temala View Post
If you don't have to stay overnight, would suggest to stay in Tirupati and drive up before Darshan.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
They are ok for a overnight stay and is well connected with Jeeps for easy movement in and around Tirumala and also have paid parking facilities.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
My recommendation - If at all you really have to stay overnight, better to stay in Tirupati in well hygiene maintained hotel due to covid, and drive up to Tirumala for darshan.
Thank you all. We are now planning to leave BLR at 1400, reach Tirupati by ~1800, stay overnight in one of the usual hotels, and drive up for our darshan at 0900. Then straight away back to BLR.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 09:43   #535
Senior - BHPian

People - Does anyone know when TTD May open up slots for online booking for October month SED tickets?
Old 20th September 2021, 10:31   #536
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
People - Does anyone know when TTD May open up slots for online booking for October month SED tickets?
I have just one experience doing this booking online, had visited in Jan 2021.

Just need to keep diligently checking every day on the site/app.

On the website - under latest updates you will see an item mentioning current window that is accepting bookings (or full status if not available).
**Checked now and it says booking for Sep is underway.

Last edited by NPV : 20th September 2021 at 10:33.
NPV is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 11:53   #537
BHPian

Quote:
TTD generally opens the SED tickets between 18th and 20th of every month. Given the last months booking hiccups and summoning of TCS for the high failure rate and scratchy booking experience, they have scheduled the booking system under maintenance and inclusion of more servers.

October month tickets are expected to be opened on 25th.
saisree is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:30   #538
BHPian

Quote:
On usual months they are opening on the 20th of previous month. But October being the month of Brahmotsavam, probably they are taking longer to plan. Only option is keep checking updates section on the booking portal. BTW, October would see heavy crowds, would you want to visit even during heavy crowds?
Old 20th September 2021, 18:53   #539
Senior - BHPian

Hi Shipnil- thanks.

What days are the Brahmotsavam. I would want to avoid those days for sure.

I was planning more like a Tuesday in a week after the Dasami festival.
Old 21st September 2021, 10:31   #540
BHPian

Quote:
What days are the Brahmotsavam. I would want to avoid those days for sure.
I am not sure of the exact duration but the conclusion of Brahmotsavam takes place on Dussehra day, which in the current year is on 15th October. So to be on safe side, you can avoid the period from 6th to 15th Oct to visit Tirumala.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks