Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd September 2021, 17:26   #541
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Bangalore - Tirupati is a breeze with the new byPass ready (small patches yet to be finished). Unless you have a very compelling reason for a overnight stay, it’s easier as a day trip.

If you must stay, I would avoid the TTD rooms and pick a hotel at Tirupati instead.
Folks, A rather naïve question to those who are seasoned travelers here.

Which is the best (read safest) place to park the car up on Tirumala? I always end up spending time to find the right spot and this is one perennial struggle for me. At times the spots I found are so far from the Special Entry gates making it a real struggle.

More so because we leave the phones etc. in the car.

Appreciate guidance.

Last edited by nareshtrao : 22nd September 2021 at 17:29.
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:08   #542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nareshtrao View Post
We are frequent visitors and my recommendations are
1. You can park in the ATC parking lot, which is next to the Vaikuntam Q complex , its free but please do not keep your mobile/wallet in the car. There are kiosks opposite to the Q complex where you can deposit them.
2. Opposite to TTD Museum, again its the same routine, do not keep your mobile/wallet in the car.
3. Opposite to the All India Arya Vysya samajam , there are trees in this lot and you can park underneath the trees and take a jeep till Q complex. I prefer to park here as it is secluded at the same time there are drivers and owners who will be around the place.
mazda4life is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:10   #543
BHPian

Quote:

Which is the best (read safest) place to park the car up on Tirumala? I always end up spending time to find the right spot and this is one perennial struggle for me. At times the spots I found are so far from the Special Entry gates making it a real struggle.

Appreciate guidance.
https://goo.gl/maps/EF4XH5ZAjwvf73hy8. I have been parking my car here since last couple of years and found it to be convenient as well.

Last edited by kavensri : 22nd September 2021 at 18:12.
kavensri is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 18:22   #544
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
As mazdaforlife has mentioned, ATC parking complex is quite close to the Special Darshan complex.

Also, on the mobiles & valuables - I suggest you carry wallets with you on person inside the temple, it is allowed (at least that was the case last time I visited in Jan 2021). Mobile phones - soon as you enter the special darshan complex building, on the left there are counters that will accept your phones and give you a receipt (switch off and hand over all phones of folks from your group together and collect 1 consolidated receipt).

Once you come out of the temple after Darshan, walk up to the road via the lane next to the shopping complex and when you reach the main road, you will see the TTD Mobile/Luggage Delivery complex/building where there are counters - hand over your receipt and collect your phones.

Last edited by NPV : 22nd September 2021 at 18:24.
NPV is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 21:47   #545
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
I suggest you carry wallets with you on person inside the temple, it is allowed (at least that was the case last time I visited in Jan 2021).
Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
its free but please do not keep your mobile/wallet in the car. There are kiosks opposite to the Q complex where you can deposit them.
Visited 3 weeks back and noted wallets were very much allowed. We usually carry a mini-wallet with the basic essentials (Aadhaar card, DL, couple of credit cards), and leave the rest at home/hotel.

Have always left our mobiles in the car, but will explore the kiosks next time. Do note that smartwatches are not allowed - you may get through the first frisking but they especially check all watches at the second (and final) frisking. One fellow was asked to walk all the way back and deposit in the kiosk.
itwasntme is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 22:10   #546
Senior - BHPian

I generally put the mobile and wallet in the glove box and lock it. That’s the only time I love that we have a locker inside the car. I also make sure that almost nothing other than empty seats are seen, for anyone who takes a peep inside.

I didn’t know that the kiosks actually help you collect at a different place after Darshan. I’ll explore it sometime.

As for parking, it’s mostly near ATC circle or at the pin the kavensri published here.

Last edited by jkrishnakj : 22nd September 2021 at 22:23.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2021, 23:28   #547
BHPian

TTD asks for Covid double dose vaccination certificate or a RT PCR test result taken with in 72 hours of the darshan time.

Don’t know from when this is applicable? Have a darshan planned on 27th and have couple of folks who had single dose and children less than 18 years in the group

From the TTD website
Attached Thumbnails
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-e7f35e629ca5463a966eb827e0e809f7.jpeg  

saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 09:18   #548
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Don’t know from when this is applicable?
In the absence of any start date, it looks like it's applicable with immediate effect. Better to get an authoritative answer from a TTD branch.

I'm also looking to visit in October but noted that the free 'sarva' darshan is commencing again. Does this mean that the SED pilgrims will now be clubbed into the holding areas along with many other sarva darshan pilgrims?

How will TTD manage social distancing and control crowd behaviour. As an example, TTD was selling ~400 SED tickets for each hourly slot which was good enough to manage social distancing. How will they manage now?
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:18   #549
BHPian

Quote:
Don’t know from when this is applicable?
Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
I'm also looking to visit in October
Just reached out to TTD toll free line and they confirmed that the Covid & RT PCR certificates are for people booking the October darshan. They introduced this process as they are opening Sarva darshan for 8000 people a day.

Though both SED and Sarva darshan has different queues, they will be merged at the Mahadwaram.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I didn’t know that the kiosks actually help you collect at a different place after Darshan. I’ll explore it sometime.
Don't get into this. The collection center is easily a KM away from the Mahadwaram. You need to take the steps opposite the temple and get into those shopping area and take a right. There are sign boards to the collection center. Not worth it. Unless you want to take a photograph, there is no need of having that idiot box (TV any more?) in your hand.

Last edited by vb-saan : 23rd September 2021 at 10:53. Reason: Back to back posts merged
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 10:58   #550
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
They introduced this process as they are opening Sarva darshan for 8000 people a day.
Though both SED and Sarva darshan has different queues, they will be merged at the Mahadwaram.
8,000/day divided by roughly 20 hours means 400/hr. Effectively then, the crowd doubles (SED 400/hr + SD 400/hr) at the Mahadwaram.
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:08   #551
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I'm also looking to visit in October but noted that the free 'sarva' darshan is commencing again. Does this mean that the SED pilgrims will now be clubbed into the holding areas along with many other sarva darshan pilgrims?
Can you please explain what SED means? Is it the paid Sheegra darshan? How much is the cost nowadays? And are there special timings for it?

I remember when I last visited 5 years ago, I got an evening slot and had to wear native Indian clothes to enter the queue.
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:19   #552
BHPian

Just checked TTD website.
SED (Special Entry Darshan, Rs.300 per ticket) booking for October will commence tomorrow (24th Sept) at 9am.

Sarva Darshan (free ticket) quota from 26/9/21 to 31/10/21 booking will commence from day after tomorrow (25th Sept) at 9am.

Hope this helps.
Good luck to all who are planning to book.

Last edited by srvm : 23rd September 2021 at 11:20.
srvm is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:22   #553
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vnabhi View Post
Can you please explain what SED means? Is it the paid Sheegra darshan? How much is the cost nowadays? And are there special timings for it?
Apologies, it's Special Entry Darshan and the tickets are ₹300 per head. During these times, TTD is selling ~400 tickets/hour to ensure distancing etc. Timings (I believe) start at 0600 and end at 2300 daily except for special days.

Last edited by itwasntme : 23rd September 2021 at 11:39.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 11:48   #554
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
https://goo.gl/maps/EF4XH5ZAjwvf73hy8. I have been parking my car here since last couple of years and found it to be convenient as well.
+1. This is where i park and it is safe and nearby too. Easy to reach car back after collecting laddus post darshan.

Also, for keeping mobile phones, as Saisree mentioned, don't plan to use the kiosk. Its quite far and lot of distance to walk and then stand in the queue. I would say, it is much safer to keep the mobile phone or any electronic items/smart watches in the car itself. Put it in complete silent mode (or) switch off (so that it doesn't ring if someone calls when we are in queue) and keep it in glove box (or) under the car seats which is not visible from window.

Quote:
Apologies, it's Special Entry Darshan and the tickets are ₹300 per head. During these times, TTD is selling ~400 tickets/hour to ensure distancing etc. Timings (I believe) start at 0600 and end at 2300 daily except for special days.
Last weekend my friend had darshan. Nowadays, there is no social distancing and crowds are not following CAB.
So, those who expect CAB very particularly, watch out and make a decision.

When i went back in July, there was no push or touching and it was peaceful. Now that covid situation improved, the queue behavior is almost like pre-covid times, sadly.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th September 2021, 09:07   #555
BHPian

September Quota booking was pathetic. TTD turned on to jiomart for October Quota booking and this is worst of the lot. Except for 504 Gateway time-out error you see nothing.

Last edited by saisree : 24th September 2021 at 09:26.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks