Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2020, 18:15   #466
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by sairamboko View Post
Thank you! So should i park the car near ATC parking, go for darshan, exit and take an auto/taxi
Usually we take a Jeep ride till the Vaikuntam Q complex from where we stay , finish the darshan and then go the south mada street to get a taxi back and thereby not worrying about car keys , safe parking etc etc. We usually stay near to the Karnataka Bhavan and this arrangement works for us. Have a safe and pleasant trip.
Old 22nd October 2020, 19:18   #467
BHPian

The temple has opened after long time. Has anyone visited? Currently I hear that only 300 INR darsan is available.
How's the set up done and what are the precautions taken!
Old 22nd October 2020, 21:37   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deemash View Post
The temple has opened after long time. Has anyone visited? Currently I hear that only 300 INR darsan is available.
How's the set up done and what are the precautions taken!
Masks are compulsory and strict social distancing is being maintained. Sanitizers present in the queue complex. And darshan is very fast. Like 15 20 min.
Old 23rd October 2020, 10:57   #469
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srimath View Post
Masks are compulsory and strict social distancing is being maintained. Sanitizers present in the queue complex. And darshan is very fast. Like 15 20 min.
Thanks @Srimath. Is there is any restriction on the age for entry - like above 60 years not allowed or something?
Old 23rd October 2020, 11:21   #470
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks @Srimath. Is there is any restriction on the age for entry - like above 60 years not allowed or something?
Children below 10 yrs and senior citizens above 65 are not allowed. They will be stopped at the Alipiri checkpoint itself.
srimath is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2020, 22:37   #471
BHPian

Had a 300/- Seegradarshan today and it was literally Seegradarshan. Took me flat 16 mins from the entry in the queue at VQC and exit. No Theertham, Shatari and the Prasadam inside the temple premises. Big laddus 200/- each and Vada 100/- each are available in plenty, Do buy it.

Masks are compulsory. Couple of sanitizer points in the queue just before the tickets and security check points. All foot operated taps inside the temple and the Vengamamba Annadanam hall.

Currently it’s only 300/- Darshans and was told Free Darshans and Kalyanotsvams will be starting next week. First security check at the foot hills was busy and a bit chaotic. Staff yet to come to their normalcy along with the new social distancing measures.

Overall a fantastic visit to the temple. God bless us all.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st November 2020, 20:48   #472
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saisree View Post
Had a 300/- Seegradarshan today and it was literally Seegradarshan. Took me flat 16 mins from the entry in the queue at VQC and exit.
Thanks for the update. I am in dilemma situation, because of covid and also not sure if there is waiting time in compartment/cages and how people maintain social distance.

Couple of questions.
1) What darshan time slot you took? Is the time same for all slot or differs like earlier?
2) How is the crowd behaviour after crossing dwajasthamba and Silver door (vendi vaakili) and when we approach sanctum sanctorum facing straight to god? Are people pushing and not maintaining social distance there? Usually the last stretch is jam packed and people really squeeze and also the TTD employees push the devotees.

Thanks in advance.
-Ravi
Old 1st November 2020, 22:42   #473
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

Couple of questions.
1) What darshan time slot you took? Is the time same for all slot or differs like earlier?
I took the 12:00 PM slot. Entered the queue at 12:30 and out by 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post

2) How is the crowd behaviour after crossing dwajasthamba and Silver door (vendi vaakili) and when we approach sanctum sanctorum facing straight to god? Are people pushing and not maintaining social distance there? Usually the last stretch is jam packed and people really squeeze and also the TTD employees push the devotees.
Cannot expect that 2Mtr social distancing but people are distancing themselves at least outside of their family people.
You will see the pack only after the vendi vaakili ( Silver door). Employees inside the sanctorum doesn’t touch the pilgrims but ask them to move on. Every one is compelled to wear mask and have a personal sanitizer. People are asked to use it liberally through continuous announcements.

Don’t think you need to have any worries. Have a happy journey and wonderful Darshan

Last edited by saisree : 1st November 2020 at 22:44.
saisree is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2020, 21:35   #474
BHPian

On 2nd November (Monday), we travelled from Chennai to Bangalore via Chittoor. We wanted to visit some (less crowded) temples on the way. We visited Suruttapalli near Uthukottai where Lord Shiva gives darsan to devotees in Sayana form (like Lord Rangantha, very unusual for Lord Shiva, particularly down South).
Later we went to Nagalapuram temple (run by TTD) to see Lord Veda Narayanaswamy. Temple timings were restricted to 9am-11am and 4pm-6pm due to the pandemic. We went around 11.45am hence could not have darsan. We were told by temple security guard that all TTD temples in the vicinity such as Narayanavanam (near Puttur) also have the same timings due to the pandemic.
Folks, planning to go these temples may plan accordingly.
srvm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2020, 23:32   #475
BHPian

I don't know how far it is true. Received on whatsapp.
Anyone going to Tirumala please be aware.
Attached Thumbnails
Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-screenshot_20201107233118164_com.whatsapp.jpg  

Old 8th November 2020, 08:22   #476
Senior - BHPian

I just saw the booking portal and see that all dates of November is ‘Red’ and therefore not available.

All dates for December are not released yet.

Any idea when they make dates for booking available ?
Old 8th November 2020, 14:38   #477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
All dates for December are not released yet.

Hi jkrishnakj,

AFAIK, TTD usually releases the booking slots for the next month by the end of the current month i.e, either by 26th or 27th November for December.
AJ739 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th November 2020, 13:21   #478
BHPian

Quote:
I don't know how far it is true. Received on whatsapp.
Anyone going to Tirumala please be aware.
We visited last week. me in my i20 (2017) and my co-brother in his GETZ (2009) models.. No questions were asked apart from the routine checking.
Old 9th November 2020, 15:33   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ739 View Post
AFAIK, TTD usually releases the booking slots for the next month by the end of the current month i.e, either by 26th or 27th November for December.
Has this been changed recently? I was under the impression that the slots opens at 9 or 10a on first Friday of every month. I remember booking slots in 2019. I am not sure if that has been changed. Anyways, to be on a safer side, better keep an eye for the first Friday of English calendar.
Old 9th November 2020, 15:53   #480
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Has this been changed recently? I was under the impression that the slots opens at 9 or 10a on first Friday of every month. I remember booking slots in 2019. I am not sure if that has been changed. Anyways, to be on a safer side, better keep an eye for the first Friday of English calendar.
That was for seva darshan during pre-covid times.
Now with covid in place, all darshan slots are released by TTD towards end of the month.
-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks