Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th November 2020, 17:30   #481
BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkrishnakj View Post
I just saw the booking portal and see that all dates of November is ‘Red’ and therefore not available.

All dates for December are not released yet.

Any idea when they make dates for booking available ?

Booking for Nov month was opened on 27th Oct. We booked on the same day for Nov 4th Darshan.
Rajesh K R is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 13:43   #482
Senior - BHPian

Completed Rs. 300/- Seegradarshan in Tirumala yesterday 10th Dec, 2020 and here are the details.

1) Before entering Vaikuntam Queue complex, they check the entry time and age limits (to be within 10 to 65).
2) Regular ticket scanning happens in the complex as usual.
3) Usually these days due to covid, many said the darshan gets over by 30 minutes. But since it was a thursday and i particularly wanted to have netra darshan, crowd was more, so i had to wait in cage for 1 hour. And then after that it took another hour to just walk and see the lord.
4) Entered the queue at 2.45 pm (my slot was 3 pm slot) and around 3.45 the cage was opened, and by 4.45 pm, i had wonderful darshan and came out by 5 pm. Wow - What a darshan to see the almighty in Netra darshan !!!

Other points to note
1) Srivari Pushkarani, Sri Varahaswamy temple and all small temples around the tank are all closed.
2) No Theertham, No Sadari and no laddu prasadam inside the main temple complex after darshan.
3) Really very well managed Queue overall. Particularly inside temple complex.
4) No touching, no pushing, no leaning on others. And i was suprised, more than 98% people are behaving very well in the queue without touching others due to covid ( except for one or two who want to rush, that happens anywhere).
5) Laddu counter queues needs to be managed well. Still its like pre-covid times. Need better management there.

Overall a satisfying darshan of lord on a thursday

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 11th December 2020, 13:47   #483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
i particularly wanted to have netra darshan,
What do you mean by Netra Darshan? AFAIK it used to be Fridays and weekends when the crowds used to be highest.
Old 11th December 2020, 13:58   #484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
Completed Rs. 300/- Seegradarshan in Tirumala yesterday 10th Dec, 2020 and here are the details.
-Ravi
Blessed you are , we still haven't found the required guts to visit any temple as yet. My Home minister will surely make me see the gods if I propose to visit Tirupati at this juncture. We usually climb the steps, any idea if it was open?
Old 11th December 2020, 15:34   #485
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
What do you mean by Netra Darshan?
It is also called as Thiruppavada Seva.

The unique posture of Lord where one can witness the peculiar Netra Darshan -where the divine eyes of the main deity can be seen only on Thursdays. During other days the wide Namam with which the Lord's forehead is adorned, covers almost half of His eyes.

More details in below links:

https://www.tirumala.org/TiruppavadaSeva.aspx

https://www.newindianexpress.com/sta...ur-743502.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by mazda4life View Post
We usually climb the steps, any idea if it was open?
Yes, both Alipiri route and SrivariMettu routes are open to climb up. But don't think Divya darshan tickets are issued for pedestrians climbing up.
Only Rs. 300/- darshan and Free darshan are permitted.

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 11th December 2020 at 15:36.
ravib is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 08:11   #486
Senior - BHPian

I managed to get the booking for the 23rd December. 12 noon slot. I’m hoping it is a pleasant affair.

I somehow get uneasy each time I’m locked inside that cage - literally , when I see the staff using the lock and key , I feel an uneasy feeling. Hopefully this time , I get to have the darshan with out being inside the cage for too long.
Old 18th December 2020, 10:34   #487
Senior - BHPian

Sorry for the back to back posts, could not edit the earlier one.

For those availing the Seegradarshan,
a) Where do you park your cars before you enter the Q at Vaikuntam comlex
b) When ever we finish darshan and finish procuring ladoos, i always lose my way to go back to the place where i park my car.

I somehow manage to find one parking slot near Vaikuntam complex, but after darshan, the Walk back to this car park is very very long and the afternoon sun kills, and the feet hurts and you are sometimes typically hopping around like a cat on a hot tin sheet.

Any thoughts / ideas on where it makes sense to park please?
Old 18th December 2020, 10:50   #488
BHPian

Quote:
For those availing the Seegradarshan,
a) Where do you park your cars before you enter the Q at Vaikuntam comlex
b) When ever we finish darshan and finish procuring ladoos, i always lose my way to go back to the place where i park my car.

I somehow manage to find one parking slot near Vaikuntam complex, but after darshan, the Walk back to this car park is very very long and the afternoon sun kills, and the feet hurts and you are sometimes typically hopping around like a cat on a hot tin sheet.

Any thoughts / ideas on where it makes sense to park please?
I park my car here, https://goo.gl/maps/5kD2ednEMzSQrngJ7, whenever I visit tirumala. After parking here, you can take mada street to reach the queue complex.
Also, as you can see, this is near to Laddu counter as well. So you can reach the place after collecting laddu without having to walk a lot.

Edit: Btw, i am visiting on 21st. So, i can update you on roads and also about the crowd in tirumala, after i come back.
kavensri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th December 2020, 12:06   #489
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavensri View Post
I park my car here, https://goo.gl/maps/5kD2ednEMzSQrngJ7, whenever I visit tirumala. After parking here, you can take mada street to reach the queue complex.
Also, as you can see, this is near to Laddu counter as well. So you can reach the place after collecting laddu without having to walk a lot.

Edit: Btw, i am visiting on 21st. So, i can update you on roads and also about the crowd in tirumala, after i come back.
+1. This is the same place i park everytime. But at any rate, for one way, you need to walk more. This place helps to reach car back fast after darshan and collecting laddus. But you have to walk for good distance to reach Vaikuntam Q complex to enter Rs. 300/- darshan queue.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 11:14   #490
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for the back to back posts, could not edit the earlier one.

I had the worst experience last time, I had parked very close to Vaikuntam Q complex after lot of hunting. After collecting the laddus, we got totally lost on the coordinates of the parking and we went in circle for more than 1 hour. Finally we took a local jeep and with their help located the parking.

Last part of the story was I had left the front driving side glass down with all valuables including the purse and mobile, thank god everything was safe
gadadhar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2020, 14:57   #491
Senior - BHPian

This is exactly what I go through each time. I find the place of parking very close to the Q and post that, I’m all lost. I’ve had similar experiences likes you and have spent 100 bucks with the jeeps each time we are lost or it becomes too hot for the feet to walk.

And since we can’t keep the mobiles with us , it becomes all the more difficult to locate this.

This time I plan to park at the place where Kavensri had pointed. For me , It’s important to get to the car sooner after the Darshan. And this point seems to the perfect one.
Old 21st December 2020, 15:16   #492
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
This is exactly what I go through each time. I find the place of parking very close to the Q and post that, I’m all lost.
I overcome this issue by parking the car near a free bus stop(named bus stop Ex: Mutt street or Karnataka choultry where free bus stops ) and catch a bus to get dropped at Q complex. After collecting Laddus post darshan, you can pick free bus to go to the bus stop where you had parked the car.
gkveda is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2020, 14:19   #493
Senior - BHPian

My wife and I had a terrific darshan on the 23rd.

1. No scanning of the entry to ghat roads and therefore , no pressure on the 45 minutes rules to reach the top. Everyone were ripping it and I was confused and climbing slowly.
2. Enough and more parking available everywhere. Compared to a normal day at Tirumala , the current crowds look very Spartan.
3. Tirumala looks immensely clean now
4. The volunteers are making sure that the pilgrims are wearing masks covering nose and mouth. Lots of places with sanitisers put up
5. Though TTD says children less than 11 and elders above 65 are not allowed , we did see lots of them
6. Crowds are at the best behaviour. No one is leaning on you or using their fingers / tummies on your back
7. Towards the last step is where you see a little chaos , but even that was good with hardly any pulling or pushing

Overall , it was a good one.
jkrishnakj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th December 2020, 11:45   #494
BHPian

Had a great and once in lifetime darshan of the lord on 26th Dec being Dwadasi. The day after Vaikunta Ekadasi.. This time TTD has decided to keep the Vaikunta Dwaram/Uttara Dwaram/Swarga Vasal open for 10 days for the Vaikunta Ekadasi festival. It always used to be a single day event. TTD has issued 4 lakh tickets online and the same has been sold in an hour. Was lucky to get the 300 Rs 9 AM slot tickets. Entered the queue at 9:15 AM and was out by 9:45 AM.

Vaikunta Dwaram is a separate passage and is part of the inner sanctorum. When we come out of the temple after the darshan, there is a door on the right side. Devotees will be allowed into that door and will out between the temple and the Hundi location. This passage has that special vibration and you feel you are very near to the God.

This video though in telugu, has English subtitles for better understanding.

Last edited by saisree : 28th December 2020 at 11:49.
saisree is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th December 2020, 08:22   #495
Distinguished - BHPian

Planning a Tirupati trip in January first week. Do we need E-pass now from KA to AP?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks