Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2018, 08:36   #406
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPV View Post
The one update I remember reading in few posts was the road widening work after the KA-AP state border (once 4 laned section on Karnataka side ends).
My father came back from Tirupati today morning, no change in road conditions after Nangali, the last village on the KA-AP border. I would suggest Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chittoor route if anyone is staying close to Electronic City.

Last edited by deehunk : 6th February 2018 at 08:38.
Old 6th February 2018, 09:14   #407
BHPian

Had been to Tirupati a fortnight ago. Road-widening is in progress between Palamner and Chittor
Old 14th February 2018, 14:55   #408
BHPian

During my Tirupati trip last week, I visited Prasanna Venkateswara Temple, Appalayagunta. This is the only Temple in which Lord Venkateswara has his right hand in Abhaya mudra (Palm facing upwards). Everywhere else it is in Varada mudra (palm facing downwards). The temple is located in calm and serene surroundings. Crowd is also usually much lower than other Tirupati temples. This temple is also managed by TTD.
According to legend, this is the place where Srinivasa stayed with his newly married bride Padmavati soon after their wedding (when the groom's party was on the way back from wedding).

This place is about 15kms from Tiruchanoor.
Roads are good, scenery is awesome. Traffic is thin.
Roads signs are in Telugu only. If you can't read Telugu, just follow Google maps, it gives correct route info.

Folks coming from Chennai (through Puttur route) can reach this place by taking a left from the highway near Vadamalpet. There is a sign-board in the highway in English indicating the left turn.

Interested folks can try to include this temple in your next Tirupati visit.
srvm is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 10:49   #409
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
My father came back from Tirupati today morning, no change in road conditions after Nangali, the last village on the KA-AP border. I would suggest Hosur-Krishnagiri-Vellore-Chittoor route if anyone is staying close to Electronic City.
Hows the road between Vellore and Chittor. Is it a single road similar to Nangali-Chittor? Could you please share the info.

Also, We ( about 30 of us in 7 cars) are planning to walk to Tirumala from the base. Is there a place, without taking the accommodation in hotels, to park the cars in Tirupati?
Old 15th February 2018, 10:52   #410
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure about the roads between. Chittor and Vellore.
From a parking point of view there is enough places to park at Alipiri itself , if you all plan to walk up from Alipiri. There is absolutely no worries regarding parking.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 11:56   #411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Hows the road between Vellore and Chittor. Is it a single road similar to Nangali-Chittor? Could you please share the info.

Also, We ( about 30 of us in 7 cars) are planning to walk to Tirumala from the base. Is there a place, without taking the accommodation in hotels, to park the cars in Tirupati?
It is a single road but in decent condition and spares you from going behind trucks. There is enough parking space in Alipiri as mentioned by jkrishna.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2018, 13:53   #412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by autospeaker View Post
Is there a place, without taking the accommodation in hotels, to park the cars in Tirupati?
As said by jkrishnakj, you can park your cars at Alipiri itself. The place is called as Sri Balaji link bus station (landmark : near Garuda Circle), Alipirimettu. The car park is open 24 hours and will be charged Rs 20/- as parking fee.

Last edited by Grand Drive : 15th February 2018 at 13:58. Reason: Minor typos.
Grand Drive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th February 2018, 20:16   #413
BHPian

Guys, I'm traveling to tirupati this Friday around 11 am with family. Darshan is on Saturday 1pm. Plan to climb hill from Sreevari Mettu on Saturday morning and leave tirupati on Sunday morning. Please suggest good veg only hotels on the way and while returning back. Also please suggest some decent(Rs.1 - 1.5K max/day) lodge/hotels to stay in tirupati as we haven't booked any.
Thanks.
Old 25th February 2018, 20:42   #414
Senior - BHPian

I suggest Bhima's Paradise, the rooms are clean, good parking space and they serve excellent veg Andhra meals. There is option for online booking of rooms.

Last edited by deehunk : 25th February 2018 at 20:47.
Old 26th February 2018, 00:28   #415
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramki067 View Post
Guys, I'm traveling to tirupati this Friday around 11 am with family. Darshan is on Saturday 1pm. Plan to climb hill from Sreevari Mettu on Saturday morning and leave tirupati on Sunday morning. Please suggest good veg only hotels on the way and while returning back. Also please suggest some decent(Rs.1 - 1.5K max/day) lodge/hotels to stay in tirupati as we haven't booked any.
Thanks.
I think your plan is a comfortable plan and will be relaxed, especially when you plan to climb up by stairs. Going via Srivari mettu is considered even more auspicious ( of course the other alipiri/Gali gopuram steps as well ). Normally it will take for normal/healthy adult to climb in less than 2 hours. Give or take 30 minutes depending on number of people climbing, their health and breaks you take. So for Saturday 1 pm darshan, you can finish breakfast at Tirupati, take a jeep/auto to Srivari mettu and then climb up, finish lunch/snacks and join the queue.

Regarding vegetarian hotels, it is discussed in all length and breadth in this thread and also in Bangalore-Tirupati Thread. Please go through them.
More prominent ones are Food court on left & Vasudev Adigas on right side after kolar ( roughly about 60+ kms from KR Puram), Mr. & Mrs. Idly at exit of Palamer, Nandi Plaza in right after Bangarupalayem town and Bans Hotel in Bangalore-Tirupati byepass. There is also a new Nandi hotel to your left which comes after Hoskote (which is quite early IMO if you plan for lunch).

Regarding rooms, i suggest you book via Goibibo or other travel sites as you get really good discount and good deals which is not available if you book directly. It will fit your budget as well. You can stay in Hotel PLR Grand behind Tirupati bus stand or Hotel Athidi Residency , which is also in next stree and almost behind PLR Grand (but the road is little narrow). There are other very good hotels as well like Mayura, Bhimas, Fortune Kences, but i guess they will be more expensive than your budget. Browse the sites and choose your pick.

Have a great darshan

-Ravi
Old 26th February 2018, 03:12   #416
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by deehunk View Post
I suggest Bhima's Paradise, the rooms are clean, good parking space and they serve excellent veg Andhra meals. There is option for online booking of rooms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I think your plan is a comfortable plan and will be relaxed, especially when you plan to climb up by stairs. Going via Srivari mettu is considered even more auspicious ( of course the other alipiri/Gali gopuram steps as well ). Normally it will take for normal/healthy adult to climb in less than 2 hours. Give or take 30 minutes depending on number of people climbing, their health and breaks you take. So for Saturday 1 pm darshan, you can finish breakfast at Tirupati, take a jeep/auto to Srivari mettu and then climb up, finish lunch/snacks and join the queue.

Regarding vegetarian hotels, it is discussed in all length and breadth in this thread and also in Bangalore-Tirupati Thread. Please go through them.
More prominent ones are Food court on left & Vasudev Adigas on right side after kolar ( roughly about 60+ kms from KR Puram), Mr. & Mrs. Idly at exit of Palamer, Nandi Plaza in right after Bangarupalayem town and Bans Hotel in Bangalore-Tirupati byepass. There is also a new Nandi hotel to your left which comes after Hoskote (which is quite early IMO if you plan for lunch).

Regarding rooms, i suggest you book via Goibibo or other travel sites as you get really good discount and good deals which is not available if you book directly. It will fit your budget as well. You can stay in Hotel PLR Grand behind Tirupati bus stand or Hotel Athidi Residency , which is also in next stree and almost behind PLR Grand (but the road is little narrow). There are other very good hotels as well like Mayura, Bhimas, Fortune Kences, but i guess they will be more expensive than your budget. Browse the sites and choose your pick.

Have a great darshan

-Ravi
Thanks very much guys.
Is it comfortable to book Non-AC rooms in PLR Grand or Bhima's Paradise as we(2 adults and 1 three year kid) will be staying
for 2 nights ?
Old 26th February 2018, 04:28   #417
Senior - BHPian

I would suggest AC room, Tirupati will be hotter than Bangalore during this period.
Old 26th February 2018, 07:42   #418
Senior - BHPian

We a group of 3 friends are planning to go again in the 2nd week of March. We are planning to go to Sri Kalahasti temple on saturday (no special pooja's, just regular darsan) then, tirupati on Sunday Morning (slots booked at the first slot on sunday). Planning to start from Cochin on Friday afternoon to go via bangalore (have to pick up a friend) then onwards to SKH. Rooms have been blocked at MGM grand at SKH on saturday though not confirmed. We can either choose to stay here on saturday and then proceed to Tirumala on sunday early morning, or we can take a room at tirupati on Saturday and then go for darsan to SKH and return to tirupati for the night.

Questions:

1. Which of the two plans sounds better?
2. Is there a better plan?

Additional Questions:
1. What is the correct order to pray to the deities at SKH and Tirupati. I think I made a mistake last time at tirupati and would like to avoid that this time.
2. This is my first time visit to SKH, what are the things that I should know about this temple? Dress codes, the order of offering prayers, any known pooja's or abhiskem's that are recommended?
3. Any other temples that I should consider visiting?

Last edited by govigov : 26th February 2018 at 07:44.
Old 26th February 2018, 09:25   #419

Hello. I live in Abu Dhabi and I have purchased online tickets for SED Rs.300 for March 2018. Since I do not have an AADHAAR Card, I punched in my Passport Number while booking the ticket. Now, I am told that I have to carry my original Passport to the Darshan. I wouldn't like to risk carrying my original passport as it has my UAE Residence Visa and other valid visas as if it gets lost/ damaged I will be in a mess. I do possess a valid Indian DL & Indian Voters Card (I wasnt allowed to punch in the alternate card details) and UAE Emirates ID Card (Equivalent of AADHAAR here in UAE). The name is spelt the same in all these cards.

Would it be a problem while checking in for the darshan, will they send me back due to non possession of the passport? I am coming to India specially for this darshan and wouldnt like to be left disappointed

your feedback would be highly appreciated
Old 26th February 2018, 09:33   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
We a group of 3 friends are planning to go again in the 2nd week of March. We are planning to go to Sri Kalahasti temple on saturday

Questions:

1. Which of the two plans sounds better?
2. Is there a better plan?
Elders advise not to visit any temples after visiting SKH, so consider it to change the order. Plan for a Special entry darshan at SKH. It is a very big temple, would suggest you to tip a guide and see all the places inside the temple. Dress code is similar to Tirumala temple. SKH-TPTI is a busy road with heavy traffic of trucks, drive safe.
deehunk is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks