BHPian

Re: Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query

Important details about Vaikunta Dwara Darshana at Tirumala

Tirumala / Tirupati Seegradarshanam query-20231221_174822.jpg
BrokenHW is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 20:35   #1097
Senior - BHPian

Planning for a 4AM start from Bangalore to reach Tirumala by 7.30-8 on 27th morning. What are the chances of encountering fog on the way?

In my previous darshan during July I started from Bangalore by 5AM and it was smooth drive all the way to Alipiri but this time with winter i'm worried if fog will slow us down. Please share your inputs. Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 21:16   #1098
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post
Planning for a 4AM start from Bangalore to reach Tirumala by 7.30-8 on 27th morning. What are the chances of encountering fog on the way?

In my previous darshan during July I started from Bangalore by 5AM and it was smooth drive all the way to Alipiri but this time with winter i'm worried if fog will slow us down. Please share your inputs. Thanks
I did Bangalore-Kolar yesterday at midnight and it was foggy and this morning until 8AM there was a bit of fog around Kolar. Not sure how the weather is beyond Kolar. But it was definitely not so much to hinder visibility or slow me down.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2023, 22:54   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashank.nk View Post

You'll certainly encounter fog just before Hoskote and it's on/off till about 8 am.

At Tirumala, brave yourself for a lot of crowds this week, most from the Sabarimala trips who come in big groups.
jkrishnakj is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 10:11   #1100

Hi,

I am planning to take the new Vande Bharat train that arrives at Renigunta station around 7 am. Can anyone tell me if it is best to book for 10 am or 12 pm slot for 300rs ticket if I have to take the bus from Renigunta station to Tirumala? Do they allow me inside the queue if I book for 10 am slot and arrive late say 10:30? I also want to catch a bus from Alipiri around 3 pm. Please let me know how I should plan this trip?
Old 4th January 2024, 14:36   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PixelPenguin View Post
Hi,

I am planning to take the new Vande Bharat train that arrives at Renigunta station around 7 am. Can anyone tell me if it is best to book for 10 am or 12 pm slot for 300rs ticket if I have to take the bus from Renigunta station to Tirumala? Do they allow me inside the queue if I book for 10 am slot and arrive late say 10:30? I also want to catch a bus from Alipiri around 3 pm. Please let me know how I should plan this trip?
I suggest you book for 12 pm slot, but if you reach tirumala early, you can enter at 10 am itself or earlier. There is no real time check.

-Ravi
ravib is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th January 2024, 22:45   #1102
BHPian

My grandfather (aged 82) would like to visit Tirumala. When I checked their website for open slots for senior citizens, I dont see anything open upuntil April.

He cannot stand for more than half and hour. Also, the website says only spouse allowed. Our grandmother died a year ago.

What options do I have to get a comfortable darshan for him?
For travel, we think Train/Flight + Cab (Innova) should get him from Bangalore to Tirumala.
Old 4th January 2024, 23:12   #1103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shashi792 View Post
My grandfather (aged 82) would like to visit Tirumala. When I checked their website for open slots for senior citizens, I dont see anything open upuntil April.
The slots get full within a couple of hours once they open. April slots would open after 20th Jan. Keep an eye on the notices posted on the booking website.

If there is no spouse then TTD provides their attendants. No other relatives can accompany him.
shipnil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 00:00   #1104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

He cannot stand for more than half and hour. Also, the website says only spouse allowed. Our grandmother died a year ago.

For travel, we think Train/Flight + Cab (Innova) should get him from Bangalore to Tirumala.
Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
The slots get full within a couple of hours once they open. April slots would open after 20th Jan. Keep an eye on the notices posted on the booking website.

If there is no spouse then TTD provides their attendants. No other relatives can accompany him.

Last time my in-laws went for senior citizens darshan, they had to spend couple of hours in the queue. Please be mindful of the wait times for your grandfather.
Old 5th January 2024, 06:10   #1105

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravib View Post
I suggest you book for 12 pm slot, but if you reach tirumala early, you can enter at 10 am itself or earlier. There is no real time check.

-Ravi
Thanks for the suggestion. I just realised that I was looking at the wrong option on the website which is for Special Entry Darshan (Ammavari Temple). The actual quota for 300rs tickets shows full on the site. Is there any other way to procure a ticket for February online/offline?
Old 5th January 2024, 09:11   #1106
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for the suggestion. I just realised that I was looking at the wrong option on the website which is for Special Entry Darshan (Ammavari Temple). The actual quota for 300rs tickets shows full on the site. Is there any other way to procure a ticket for February online/offline?
Sheeghra darshan tickets upto March are sold out. April quota would release around 20th Jan. The other official way I know, is to go for package bus tour from govt undertakings like APSRTC/KSRTC/TN tourism etc.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 09:35   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Senior Citizens Darshan might be a good option. The online quota for April is likely to open after 20th of this month. They stop all other queues and allow only a single queue for senior citizens/ people with medical conditions/ physically challenged - usually takes about half an hour to finish darshan. TTD provides a volunteer to accompany those who enter this queue alone.

Quote:
Is there any other way to procure a ticket for February online/offline?
Details regarding offline darshan tokens: https://twitter.com/kshetradarshan/s...50189153780164

PS: These details are already available in this thread. Glancing through a few pages would help get the relevant information earlier than waiting for others to reply.

Last edited by adisan : 5th January 2024 at 10:00.
adisan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th March 2024, 21:53   #1108
BHPian

An amazing thread by all the devotees who visited the temple and were kind enough to share their experiences.
I will be visiting Tirumala in June - got the Special darshan tickets and also booked the TTD room at Tirumala itself to stay for the night. While I was trying for a Saturday darshan, the slots were getting filled even before we could copy paste all the details (the fastest finger first works if all the details of the aadhaar card for the visiting members are readily available in notepad to copy paste!!)
Eventually I booked for what ever day - which ever slot it allowed me!!
I got it for Sunday evening 8:00 PM. and got the room booked as well for the same night at Tirumala through the same TTD website.

Now, I am visiting the temple after close to 10 years, and during my last visit - it was the over night bus from Bangalore - 4:00 AM Breakfast - 7:00AM to 13:30 Darshan, 14:00 / 15:00 - Padmavathi temple darshan and back to Bangalore by 21:00

I remember having read in one of the posts long ago the "CORRECT" procedure to have to darshan - like - which temple we have to visit first / or MUST visit if you have the darshan of the lord - I am not exactly able to recollect nor I was able to search through the earlier posts.
The plan is to start early on Sunday morning from Bangalore, possible stop at Kanipakam and reach Tirumala by 15:00. will start return journey on Monday morning post breakfast.

It would be very helpful and appreciated if some one could guide me here, and hopefully it will be helpful for others / first time visitors as well.
Old 26th March 2024, 12:00   #1109
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunil@KA25 View Post
An amazing thread by all the devotees who visited the temple and were kind enough to share their experiences.
I will be visiting Tirumala in June - got the Special darshan tickets and also booked the TTD room at Tirumala itself to stay for the night. While I was trying for a Saturday darshan, the slots were getting filled even before we could copy paste all the details (the fastest finger first works if all the details of the aadhaar card for the visiting members are readily available in notepad to copy paste!!)
Eventually I booked for what ever day - which ever slot it allowed me!!
I got it for Sunday evening 8:00 PM. and got the room booked as well for the same night at Tirumala through the same TTD website.

Now, I am visiting the temple after close to 10 years, and during my last visit - it was the over night bus from Bangalore - 4:00 AM Breakfast - 7:00AM to 13:30 Darshan, 14:00 / 15:00 - Padmavathi temple darshan and back to Bangalore by 21:00

I remember having read in one of the posts long ago the "CORRECT" procedure to have to darshan - like - which temple we have to visit first / or MUST visit if you have the darshan of the lord - I am not exactly able to recollect nor I was able to search through the earlier posts.
The plan is to start early on Sunday morning from Bangalore, possible stop at Kanipakam and reach Tirumala by 15:00. will start return journey on Monday morning post breakfast.

It would be very helpful and appreciated if some one could guide me here, and hopefully it will be helpful for others / first time visitors as well.
I assume you are travelling by car this time, but even otherwise, if you are taking bus, here is the right procedure to see the darshan

1) On the way , visit Kanipakkam Vinayagar temple. (Optional and upto you)
2) Thiruchaanoor Alamelumangapuram Padmavathi Temple - which should take 1 hour max, if you by special darshan ticket. (Must visit)
3) Then drive up to Tirumala.
4) Goto pushkarani, wash your legs/face and then have darshan at Varahaswamy temple (Must visit)
5) Finally goto Venkateswara swamy (Ananda nilayam) main temple in Tirumala (Must visit)

If you start early morning say 6 am from Bangalore by car, you can reach Kanipakkam by around 9 am, which will take 1 hour for darshan - say till 10.30. And drive for another 1 hour can reach Tiruchaanoor by lunch.
Finish lunch in PS4 Veg and goto Padamavathi temple and you can reach Alipiri by around 3 pm. Another 1 hour drive upto Tirumala including toll checks and you can reach 4 pm or so at Tirumala. Have evening snacks/coffee and you can enter the queue early itself around 5 pm and no need to wait till 8 pm on Sunday.
You can be out of darshan by 9 pm assuming 4 hours for darshan and finish dinner and take rest.
Next day drive back to bangalore straight. Alternatively, if you want, you can visit Govindarajaswamy temple in Tirupati near railway station on Monday and then drive back to Bangalore.

Add additional time, in case if you are going by bus/train even this time.

Additional tips:
Do remember, no plastic bottles are allowed in Tirumala now. You can't buy Bisleri/Aquafina water bottles, but you can buy in glass bottles and can return in any shop in Tirumala. Don't carry plastic bags for laddu. They sell jute bags or similar ones that can be used to carry laddus. You can buy any number of laddus by paying Rs. 50 each per laddu.

My personal suggestion. Have a great darshan. Om Namo Narayanaya!

-Ravi

Last edited by ravib : 26th March 2024 at 12:02.
ravib is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th March 2024, 20:41   #1110
BHPian

Dear Sir,
Thank you very much for the Guidance and the tips. Will use this as a reckoner when I am traveling.
Yes I will be travelling by my car and will definitely plan for Kanipakam Ganesha temple.
Sunil@KA25 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks