Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th February 2020, 07:32   #136
Team-BHP Support

Re: Mumbai - Udaipur : Route Queries

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Cross posting my query from another thread, as it seems this one is more frequently updated
If you can re-work your plan to position yourself in Udaipaur a day before, you can then start very early the next day and visit all 3 temples (Ek Lingji, Srinath Ji and Kankroli) and can be done by 10. Pretty much first darshan in each of these temples. Nathdwara is the tougher one. But it is possible. Once done you have the day for Kumbhalghar, Ranakpur and Haldighati.

But yes, be ready for a long day.
Old 2nd November 2020, 09:53   #137

Hi BHPians,

I am planning to do Mumbai-Udaipur-Ranthambore-Mumbai during the New year's eve of 2020 with family. Prefer to leave early morning and reach Udaipur before sunset - is this possible?

Will make a 2 day halt at Udaipur for sightseeing and then leave for Ranthambore on the third day morning, then 2 days at ranthambore and back to Mumbai via Udaipur after a one night halt.

Any route suggestions, word of caution, expert tips and road advice will be very helpful, as i have never been to this side of the country by road

Thanks
Sid
Old 2nd November 2020, 10:48   #138

Mumbai - Udaipur - Ranthambore - Mumbai

Hi BHPians,

Hope all are keeping safe!

I am planning to do this trip Mumbai-Udaipur-Ranthambore-Mumbai during the New year's eve with family this year in 2020. Was thinking of leaving from Mumbai early morning around 4am for Udaipur, stay in udaipur for 2 days and leave for for Ranthambore on the third day morning, stay for 2 days and head back to mumbai after a halt in udaipur again for a night. Prefer driving during the day mostly. As i have not been to this side of especially Rajasthan by road, would like to get some advice from felloe BHPians on doing this trip safe and sound.

Any route suggestions, word of caution, expert tips and road advice will be very helpful.

Also, needed to understand the weather conditions mostly in Udaipur and Ranthambore at night. Should i expect low visibility, fog, etc. look forward to getting some insight here.

Thanks,
Sid
Old 2nd November 2020, 12:25   #139
Senior - BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Udaipur - Ranthambore - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJunkie View Post
Any route suggestions, word of caution, expert tips and road advice will be very helpful.
Crossing Gujarat will take a bit of time, average speeds aren't impressive due to high traffic density. There are two route options to reach Udaipur, and I assume will take the Vadodara-Godhra-Modasa-Shamlaji-Kherwara-Udaipur route. Godhra bypass road quality has deteriorated somewhat. Road construction activity (4 Lane highway is being expanded to 6-Lane) is going on the aforementioned route after Shamlaji, and you will not have a lot of good options for food after Shamlaji till almost Udaipur. Diversions will have lots of unmarked speed-breakers, and two-wheelers. Also, keep an eye on Bharuch (Narmada River Crossing), there could be a frustrating traffic jam which can impact your timelines. Try to cross Godhra-Modasa bypass in daytime.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd November 2020, 13:00   #140
BHPian

Re: Mumbai - Udaipur - Ranthambore - Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrailJunkie View Post
Hi BHPians,

Hope all are keeping safe!

I am planning to do this trip Mumbai-Udaipur-Ranthambore-Mumbai during the New year's eve with family this year in 2020. Was thinking of leaving from Mumbai early morning around 4am for Udaipur, stay in udaipur for 2 days and leave for for Ranthambore on the third day morning, stay for 2 days and head back to mumbai after a halt in udaipur again for a night. Prefer driving during the day mostly. As i have not been to this side of especially Rajasthan by road, would like to get some advice from felloe BHPians on doing this trip safe and sound.

Also, needed to understand the weather conditions mostly in Udaipur and Ranthambore at night. Should i expect low visibility, fog, etc. look forward to getting some insight here.

Thanks,
Sid
Mumbai to Udiapur is easily doable if you and family are used to long drives. I had done Mumbai - Ranthambore a few years back and the below travelogue should help you.

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/trave...x-v-cross.html (Mumbai to Ranthambore: Solo drive in an Isuzu D-Max V-Cross)
tazmaan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2021, 17:25   #141
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
Putting my experience here so that hopefully others do not have to go through similar traumatic encounters, ever
Thanks for sharing this,I had encountered something much milder of this version when I took a road trip to Jaisalmer from Mumbai couple of years back.

I had people chasing me aggressively on bikes and then knock on my window to ask if they need a guide. Their demeanour was anything but that of a guide. But thankfully they returned after a friendly no to them. Helps if you know lil marwari.

Things haven't changed for better or seems since then.
I'll be traveling to Udaipur in September with family. Thanks for this update, will keep this in mind and I intend to zip through no matter who comes to stop.
Old 5th October 2021, 13:00   #142
BHPian

We are planning to drive down from Mumbai to Chandigarh with an overnight stay at Udaipur. Need help in getting recommendations for good/ decent places where we can stop for food and loo breaks. Route we are planning to take is Mumbai - Vadodara - Godhra - Udaipur and Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur - Rohtak - Panipat - Chandigarh
Old 6th October 2021, 10:15   #143
ais
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by royalbeat View Post
We are planning to drive down from Mumbai to Chandigarh with an overnight stay at Udaipur. Need help in getting recommendations for good/ decent places where we can stop for food and loo breaks. Route we are planning to take is Mumbai - Vadodara - Godhra - Udaipur and Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur - Rohtak - Panipat - Chandigarh
You can try the new road from Ajmer to Ambala. I came from Ambala to Jodhpur, on to Ahmedabad so that is another route. I do not know why Google Maps is showing a longer drive time at the moment compared to your route. However, the road leading up to Ambala will bypass it and has low traffic.
ais is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2021, 12:41   #144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
You can try the new road from Ajmer to Ambala. I came from Ambala to Jodhpur, on to Ahmedabad so that is another route. I do not know why Google Maps is showing a longer drive time at the moment compared to your route. However, the road leading up to Ambala will bypass it and has low traffic.
Did not know about this route. Let me explore this a bit more. Sounds interesting. Thanks for sharing this info.
Old 7th October 2021, 12:47   #145
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Route we are planning to take is Mumbai - Vadodara - Godhra - Udaipur and Udaipur - Ajmer - Jaipur - Rohtak - Panipat - Chandigarh
There is no need to go to Rohtak. From Jaipur continue towards Delhi and take the Western Peripheral expressway which straight goes to Sonipat in 1.5 hours. Keep googlemaps on as you may miss the left turn. From Sonipat to Chadigarh, you have numerous Punjabi dhabas which serve delicious food.
Old 7th October 2021, 20:32   #146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
There is no need to go to Rohtak. From Jaipur continue towards Delhi and take the Western Peripheral expressway which straight goes to Sonipat in 1.5 hours. Keep googlemaps on as you may miss the left turn. From Sonipat to Chadigarh, you have numerous Punjabi dhabas which serve delicious food.
Yes, that is the route we had taken last year while traveling from Mumbai to Chandigarh. While traveling back from Chandigarh to Mumbai, we took the Rohtak route mainly to avoid farmer protests. But in our experience we found it to be better than the Sonipat route in two respects - it avoids the road repair work ongoing near Rai and it also merges at Panipat which cuts down on "GT Road's" truck traffic till that point. Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat road was excellent.
But when I see on Google Maps it shows me the Jaipur Sonipat route to be the quickest. Possibly will try that.
Old 7th October 2021, 21:33   #147
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by ais View Post
You can try the new road from Ajmer
It’s a good and fast road but if I am not wrong, it’s single highway for a long distance. It bypasses Hissar and you reach Ambala in no time. Totally different from the rush on usual Panipat~ Ambala route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruzbehxyz View Post
From Jaipur continue towards Delhi and take the Western Peripheral expressway which straight goes to Sonipat in 1.5 hours.
I will not recommend this route due to farmer agitation at Rajasthan ~ Haryana border. One has to go via the wrong side and sometimes it can get tricky especially during night. If it’s a day time a quick check at any local Dhaba can help before proceeding. Have found google maps to be wrong by a long margin in this area.

Quote:
avoids the road repair work ongoing near Rai and it also merges at Panipat which cuts down on "GT Road's" truck traffic till that point.
Best route if you don’t want to try the Kishangarh ~ Hissar ~ Ambala route.
Turbanator is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th October 2021, 17:28   #148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impala59 View Post
Hi BHPians,

I would like to share a terrible incident that I and my friends experienced while going from Mumbai to Udaipur by road.
And the worst part? This was not an isolated incident. We encountered multiple such groups on the way ahead - this time with swords, rods and what not!

Putting my experience here so that hopefully others do not have to go through similar traumatic encounters, ever
This is really scary. We have a short work meet up in Udaipur (sort of like an offsite) in mid December and I was thinking of either riding / driving solo from Mumbai to Udaipur. With the thought that I’ll break it possibly into two days, one option being leg 1 till Dungarpur or alternately breaking it up with a trip to Statue of Unity.

Reading about this incident has totally rattled my decision to attempt this.
Old 18th October 2021, 16:23   #149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Best route if you don’t want to try the Kishangarh ~ Hissar ~ Ambala route.
Thanks a lot for your inputs. We took the Udaipur-Ajmer-Jaipur-Rewari-Rohtak-Panipat-Ambala-Panchkula route. Pretty much straightforward and overall good roads. Since we were travelling with our 6 months old pup, we made quite a few stops. Sharing the locations of ones we stopped at:
1) Hotel Apical, Khadki (near Valsad) - clean washrooms, decent food, ample parking. Another good option very near to this place is Hotel Shreenath
2) Hotel Sarvottam, Modasa - bad washrooms, decent food, ample parking
3) Hotel Highway King, Bagru - super clean washrooms, did not try food so cannot comment, ample parking. Ajmer to Jaipur (and beyond), there are 3-4 Hotel Highway Kings with great parking and washrooms. Another good option on this stretch is Old Rao Hotel
4) Multiple options on Panipat to Panchkula stretch. Recommended ones: Zhilmil Dhaba, Neelkanth (both near Karnal)

Nothing to write home about on the Rewari-Panipat stretch. I would advise taking breaks either before Rewari or after Panipat.

I will provide more updates once I travel back from Panchkula to Mumbai.
royalbeat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 13:15   #150
BHPian

Guys, planning a trip to Punjab(Abohar) via Udaipur(night halt). Google map suggests Pune - Mumbai- Surat - Vadodara- Godhra- Samalaji- Udaipur for the first leg.

Day 2 route -
Udaipur - Ajmer- Sujangarh- Sardarshahar- Hanumangarh- Abohar.

Any updates on this route in terms of road conditions, safety, fuel pumps or crossing state boundaries? Any other route which should be preferred ?

Thanks a lot!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks