Team-BHP > Travelogues > Route / Travel Queries
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:22   #2671
BHPian

Any one recently travelled to Pune/Mumbai from Karnataka? Are there any restrictions in entering Maharashtra. I have to travel from Belgaum to Pune, the number of forwards and articles I keep getting is adding to my confusion.
Old 3rd June 2020, 08:49   #2672
Senior - BHPian

Re: Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarvatron View Post
Anyone has or plans to drive down to Bangalore from Mumbai in the coming week?
There's a lot of confusion with the new regulation and now the cyclone. Any tips or updates on the route, and what's the recommendation on driving in this weather? My plan as of now is to leave on 10th June and reach the same day.
Please watch the news on 14 day institutional quarantine in Karnataka for travellers from MH.

Quote:

News as on 02 JUNE 2020 14:27 IST

With more and more Maharashtra returnees testing positive, the Karnataka Government is likely to revert to 14-day institutional quarantine for those who return from that State.
https://www.thehindu.com/news/nation...le31729440.ece

Last edited by Bibendum90949 : 3rd June 2020 at 08:55.
Bibendum90949 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 12:30   #2673
Distinguished - BHPian

Did a Bangalore - Belgaum run yesterday. The roads are in good condition. Widening work between Chitradurga and Hubli is progressing. Looks like the Covid-19 crisis has slown things down, but the progress is there to see. Certain more flyovers and sections have been opened up. Service roads are in better condition than a few months ago.

Traffic was less than usual. I know highway drivers hate slow moving trucks, but it was quite depressing to see the low number of heavy goods vehicles running on the highway. Reflects on the state of the economy :( . Traffic was about 50% of usual for private cars and about 25 to 30% for buses and lorries. There were no queues at any toll gate including the infamous ones at Parle factory and Nelamangala. Fastag was very useful in these times.

I was expecting thermal scanning and data logging at district entry points, but surprisingly there weren't any. Not a single stoppage anywhere right from BLR to Belgaum. There was a tired cop at a makeshift pendal somewhere after Haveri. He was stopping a few cars at random to make an entry in his log book. He just waved us off when we said we are headed to Belgaum.

One thing I noticed though, was the high number of MH registered vehicles plying on the road, including a few yellow board taxis and some Bombay Kali peeli Santro taxis!

Edit : Forgot to add that eateries were all mostly closed. Some had parcel counters open. We obviously preferred to carry our home cooked lunch which we had when we halted for fuel at Reliance Ranebennur outlet (The one with a Kamat Upachar attached).

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 3rd June 2020 at 12:45.
Santoshbhat is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 13:39   #2674

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
10th June is far away. So don't worry about the weather then unless some other cyclone builds up (unlikely).
Thank you paragsachania for this, helps make up my mind. The family is suggesting to advance the trip and leave over the weekend (6th or 7th June) as the situation is evolving, and not for the better for people entering from Maharashtra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bibendum90949 View Post
Please watch the news on 14 day institutional quarantine in Karnataka for travellers from MH.
Thanks Bibendum9094!

The SOP/Press release on the Seva Sindu website still says 7 days institutional quarantine for Maharasthra returnees under Unlock 1:

My car is Delhi registered (plates + address) and all my personal documents are with Bangalore address. I am wondering if that would make the authorities more lenient? Maybe it's just wishful thinking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Did a Bangalore - Belgaum run yesterday. The roads are in good condition. Widening work between Chitradurga and Hubli is progressing. Looks like the Covid-19 crisis has slown things down, but the progress is there to see. Certain more flyovers and sections have been opened up. Service roads are in better condition than a few months ago.
Thanks Santoshbhat for sharing this! Quick question on the MH cars, did you by any chance notice the cops being more stringent or behaving differently with the MH cars?

Are there any major concerns on road conditions and/or safety otherwise? Did Mumbai - Goa - Mumbai in the first week of March, turned off the NH at Nippani, roads were in good condition.

Last edited by ampere : 3rd June 2020 at 14:02. Reason: compacted quoted post
sarvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2020, 16:32   #2675
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Thanks Santoshbhat for sharing this! Quick question on the MH cars, did you by any chance notice the cops being more stringent or behaving differently with the MH cars?
As I said there were hardly any cops and no check posts etc... Mine was completely intra state travel, I expect check points at the state borders to have intensive checking. All cars on the road were moving freely and no one was being stopped.

I was stopped only once by a cop near Haveri, but he wasn't really bothered much since we were in a KA regd car, spoke in Kannada and our start and end points were within state. Maybe if you are in an outside state car, he may have a few more questions for you, like when did you enter state etc..
Santoshbhat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 00:33   #2676
BHPian

Guys from Mumbai/Pune, let us all hold our plans for now. I have been wanting to do a Mumbai--Belgaum--Mumbai drive too (7 day round trip) but the confusion over interstate guidelines and then the ground realities are enormous. Not worth the time, money and peace of mind. Maharashtra has prohibited interstate travel outside Mumbai/Pune. Karnataka has been acting against it's own guidelines resulting in mayhem at the borders. As of today, vehicles from Maharashtra especially Mumbai/Pune are not let inside Karnataka. The business traveller category only exists on paper. On the ground, only train/flight travel from Mumbai/Pune to Karnataka is allowed. Let's keep a tab on daily updates, however I don't have much hopes for June and July.
vivek95 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 19:21   #2677

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
I have been wanting to do a Mumbai--Belgaum--Mumbai drive too (7 day round trip) but the confusion over interstate guidelines and then the ground realities are enormous. Not worth the time, money and peace of mind. Maharashtra has prohibited interstate travel outside Mumbai/Pune. Karnataka has been acting against it's own guidelines resulting in mayhem at the borders. As of today, vehicles from Maharashtra especially Mumbai/Pune are not let inside Karnataka.
Thanks vivek95! Have you got this info wrt the situation at the border first hand from a trusted source? I was unable to find anything on this on the news or the internet, it's actually quite hard to find anything in this regard. Been reaching out to a few folks who might know or have info but even that has not amounted to much.

I will be out of a lease by 15th June and so I am in a bit of a hurry to figure and finalize. Main goal is to get to Bangalore ASAP, I am okay to comply with any quarantine regulations.
sarvatron is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2020, 21:19   #2678
BHPian

Quote:
Main goal is to get to Bangalore ASAP, I am okay to comply with any quarantine regulations.
Try Seva Sindhu portal by Karnataka government. Sharing link,

https://sevasindhu.karnataka.gov.in/Sevasindhu/English
Old 4th June 2020, 22:43   #2679
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks vivek95! Have you got this info wrt the situation at the border first hand from a trusted source? I was unable to find anything on this on the news or the internet, it's actually quite hard to find anything in this regard. Been reaching out to a few folks who might know or have info but even that has not amounted to much.

I will be out of a lease by 15th June and so I am in a bit of a hurry to figure and finalize. Main goal is to get to Bangalore ASAP, I am okay to comply with any quarantine regulations.
Yes, there is a local website of Belgaum which gives out first hand information. As of June 1, excepting emergency vehicles and goods vehicles, all others were banned entry post the Kognoli toll ( Maharashtra--Karnataka border on NH4 ). Check this out --
https://allaboutbelgaum.com/news/no-...d-air-allowed/

As of June 2nd, this is what the MP of Belgaum commented
Bangalore - Pune - Mumbai : Route updates & Eateries-screenshot_20200604222145__01.jpg

I am assuming authorities are unaware about the business traveller clause with a Covid-negative report, as per Karnataka's own notification. I am more keen on this clause as I cannot afford quarantine and I need to come back for my duties at hospital in Mumbai within 7 days. However, if you don't mind quarantine then you should be able to legally proceed as per the guidelines. ( 21 days quarantine once you reach Bangalore, 7 IQ+14 home )

Maharashtra's notification as of May 31st mentions "No interstate travel by road outside Mumbai/Pune/Nagpur". Karnataka's SOP talks about the above mentioned guidelines. What is being answered to the queries on Seva Sindhu customer care is that, no entry from Mumbai/Pune by road until June 15. Finally what's happening at the border is something else. With so much of confusion around, its better to closely watch and then take a call, as things are rapidy changing every moment quicker than the mutations of Sars-Cov2 virus.

Anyways, be hopeful for travelling after June 15 from Mumbai to Bangalore. Mine is a different case, I want to make a quick visit to my home at Belgaum with a valid Covid negative report and drive back to Mumbai ( now I might be positive, but that's a different story and in that case, I will hold back ).

Last edited by vivek95 : 4th June 2020 at 22:48.
Old 7th June 2020, 21:44   #2680

There are many travelers who are waiting on update for travel from Karnataka to Maharashtra or to other states through Maharashtra and; also traveling to Karnataka from Maharashtra or other states (via Maharashtra).
Due to some family member stuck in Gujarat since March, I decided to drive from Bangalore and pick them up and return to Karnataka. Here is an update which might be useful as I traveled in both directions.

To enter Karnataka,
One must successfully register on Seva Sindhu Portal with number of travelers and all other required details. it is suggested to take printout of the same as it will be handy when you are stopped by authorities at various check posts.

I am not sure why but I noticed registration on Seva Sindu portal is not available all the time and sometimes site shows it is under maintenance. May be it's been done with a purpose?

Procedure followed while entering into Karnataka state
  • On entering Karnataka at the border, travelers needs to fill in one more declaration form mentioning all details about each travelers and their source and destination address with contact numbers.
  • Medical screening will be carried out by health professionals and if traveler's health is normal then they will stamp traveler for quarantine. The quarantine stamp for all quarantine says Institutional quarantine however final call will be taken by authorities based on the source state. If it is any other state then Maharashtra then it will be home quarantine.
  • Next one need to meet another group of officials would enter all details provided by traveler on the declaration form online to inform the COVID-19 control room.
  • Then one need to show the acknowledgment provided by these officials to police team to obtain vehicle pass (which mentions point of entry and vehicle number). After this only you will be allowed to take out your vehicle from parking area.
  • At last once you start driving, very first you will reach Kognoli Toll Plaza and over there police officials will stop you to register your details with police. Here one has to show the valid vehicle pass and provide destination address with contact number.
I wasn't stopped anywhere in Karnataka after this.

Few important points based on my experience
  • Although no permit is required to travel in Maharashtra/Gujarat, I was stopped at the Karnataka/Maharashtra border and was asked to show permit to travel in Maharashtra/Gujarat. It took lot of convincing to Police officer on duty that govt. is not providing any permit to travel in Maharashtra or Gujarat, I was allowed to leave after I show them my registration with Seva Sindhu about return journey. However, noticed few private car with families who were unable to convince Police at border were stuck.
  • I was stopped at most of the district borders in Maharashtra and was allowed to go only when I show them Seva Sindhu registration. At many posts, Police were complaining that these Karnataka registrations are fake as they weren't able to scan the QR code provided on it through their mobile. I noticed that Maharashtra police were more strict with private vehicles bearing MH number plate.
  • I traveled on 3rd June from Bangalore & that was the time when there was cyclone hit Maharashtra so it was raining continuously with heavy winds although no other problems.
  • Came across very minimal traffic on Maharashtra roads and mainly there were goods vehicles only. I have been traveling between Bangalore to Gujarat frequently and I think this was the first time I had pleasant morning drive from Pune till Karnataka border. No offence to anyone but those who drives on these route knows how annoying is two wheeler traffic during normal days.
  • During my onward & return journey, noticed everything strictly closed in Maharashtra except petrol pumps. Also most of the petrol pumps which usually operates for 24 hours were closed by 7:30 pm. May be because very few customers or due to cyclone. One needs to carry enough food and water while travelling. Also make sure your vehicle is in good condition as very thin chances of repairing it on highway if anything goes wrong.
  • Although as per Karnataka Govt, I was instructed that no private vehicle allowed on Karnataka highway in between 9 pm to 5 am, there were no objections in Maharashtra and Gujarat.

To summarize, please avoid travel if it's not really urgent. The police and other staff who are working very hard since March seems exhausted by doing these hazardous duty.
Rev2Run is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 07:26   #2681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev2Run View Post
There are many travelers who are waiting on update for travel from Karnataka to Maharashtra or to other states through Maharashtra and; also traveling to Karnataka from Maharashtra or other states (via Maharashtra).
Due to some family member stuck in Gujarat since March, I decided to drive from Bangalore and pick them up and return to Karnataka. Here is an update which might be useful as I traveled in both directions.
Thanks for the detailed update. So finally, how many days you are all quarantined in Karnataka for now and where ??
Old 8th June 2020, 08:44   #2682
BHPian

Is the Nippani border checkpost at MH-KA border for entry into KA, open all night, for doing the paperwork?

What time does it open in the morning?

Am traveling with senior citizens and am planning to reach there by 5 am, wouldn't want to reach there and find out that we need to wait till 9 am for staff to arrive to do the paperwork!
Old 8th June 2020, 10:28   #2683
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post
Is the Nippani border checkpost at MH-KA border for entry into KA, open all night, for doing the paperwork?
Yes. The checkpost is open (Functional) 24X7. My cousin crossed this past midnight when he was driven back from Indore to his destination in Karnataka.

However, I am not sure of the latest and if anything has changed because I am referring back to at least 3 weeks ago.
paragsachania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 10:52   #2684

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivek95 View Post
Thanks for the detailed update. So finally, how many days you are all quarantined in Karnataka for now and where ??
When I approached Seva Sindhu call center they told me you don't need to be quarantine since you are going out of Karnataka & coming back immediately however it's very difficult to convince this to officials at the border so I am home quarantined for 14 days in Bangalore at present. It's better to be safe than sorry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vharihar View Post

What time does it open in the morning?

Am traveling with senior citizens and am planning to reach there by 5 am, wouldn't want to reach there and find out that we need to wait till 9 am for staff to arrive to do the paperwork!
When I entered Karnataka on 4th June, they were functioning only in daytime. Also I noticed acknowledgement of self registration on Seva Sindhu mentions "It is recommended to incoming travelers by road to arrive at the checkpost between 7 AM and 7 PM to ensure minimal delays in border verification and medical screening process."

Although they started the medical screening process at 9:30 am and many travelers were waiting from 7 AM.

Since it is recommendation, I suggest you to confirm with Seva Sindhu call center once again to plan your journey in better way.
Rev2Run is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 17:27   #2685
BHPian

I had travelled from Bengaluru and come to my home state of Gujarat on 21st March just a day before janta curfew. Since then I am in Ahmedabad and unable to travel back because of the lockdown restrictions. I am planning return trip from Ahmedabad to Bangalore with family including two kids. From few recent posts I understand that one has to register on Seva Sindhu portal then provide the same details at Karnataka border check post to get the vehicle pass. After that there is 14 days home quarantine period to be observed. I have following queries though so it would be good to get some info before I can make travel decision.
1) Are there too many checks on highway in Maharashtra currently? Does the seva Sindhu registration printout suffice or should I get an e-pass from local authorities in Gujarat?
2) I believe hotels are going to start operating from 8th June. Is it possible to take a break and stay overnight at Belgaum and then start next day for Bangalore?
3) Is it too much of hassle with local authorities in current situation and better to postpone travel? Just to note that I am travelling with GJ registered car.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks